Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,386 members, 7,861,059 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:41 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7378) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11070457 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7375) (7376) (7377) (7378) (7379) (7380) (7381) ... (7816) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by defebe: 2:38pm On Nov 24, 2023
Agbalowomeri:

I invested something similar around the same time. I think they gave back to back 1:3 bonuses for three years before that Calabar man misadventures. All in all, it was a good school fees to pay. I never bothered to recover anything that was left there

Obong run men street
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by defebe: 2:41pm On Nov 24, 2023
Locotrader:

Why the exclamation?!!!!!!
That means you are new in this business Nah.
Do you know I invested in union homes at 8+ in 2008 and also starcomms at 1+,I didn't see kobo to recoup from my 1.2 m naira investment then.
This is one of the reasons I became an emergency Jijoist till date.
Never fall in love with any stock.

Dude calm down, this is a faceless forum and u don't know who I am. All I can tell you is I'm not a kid when it comes to naija stock..so take a chill pill and relax.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 2:42pm On Nov 24, 2023
Oando has just Monday before the long awaited judgement day grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 2:43pm On Nov 24, 2023
grin
phadriz:
Sorry about that. I pray similar stuff won't repeat itself soon in NGX because the rate at which some moribund stocks are appreciating these days without fundamentals is worrisome.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 2:47pm On Nov 24, 2023
defebe:

Dude calm down, this is a faceless forum and u don't know who I am. All I can tell you is I'm not a kid when it comes to naija stock..so take a chill pill and relax.

Shouting what!!! Means you are surprise to hear that.
Let our actions judge us and reveal who we are.....

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 2:52pm On Nov 24, 2023
grin
Locotrader:

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by defebe: 2:55pm On Nov 24, 2023
Locotrader:

Surprised to hear what?. How much did u lose during the 2008 stock tsunami that you are here talking trash..so typing "what"means one is suprised at getting 50k on a 500k investment? And that gives u they reason to talk down on someone? Dude grow up or deactive ur account like you did previously cos things did not go as you forecasted. Rubbish!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mikeapollo: 3:01pm On Nov 24, 2023
megawealth01:
Oando has just Monday before the long awaited judgement day grin

The court is likely to order Oando to fix a date for the extraordinary AGM (within a time frame) so that shareholders could vote and determine their acceptance or rejection of the buyout offer.
If the shareholders reject and there is another new/improved offer price from Oando, then it means they really want to delist and they may push for it. Otherwise, Oando would continue to be listed and then we continue to die there!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 3:02pm On Nov 24, 2023
defebe:

Surprised to hear what?. How much did u lose during the 2008 stock tsunami that you are here talking trash..so typing "what"means one is suprised at getting 50k on a 500k investment? And that gives u they reason to talk down on someone? Dude grow up or deactive ur account like you did previously cos things did not go as you forecasted. Rubbish!

Sorry oooo.
I am just verifying something.
I am through with the verification.
Let's bury the misunderstanding pls.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 3:06pm On Nov 24, 2023
mikeapollo:

The court is likely to order Oando to fix a date for the extraordinary AGM (within a time frame) so that shareholders could vote and determine their acceptance or rejection of the buyout offer.
If the shareholders reject and there is another new/improved offer price from Oando, then it means they really want to delist and they may push for it. Otherwise, Oando would continue to be listed and then we continue to die there!

Die there grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:10pm On Nov 24, 2023
essentialone:
I received a pay-off from Union Bank yesterday afternoon. I nearly shed tears of sadness. I obtained a loan of five hundred thousand naira in 2005, as a civil servant, and invested same on Union Bank shares, with no appreciable dividends declared, since then.
I was paid fifty thousand naira yesterday, for five hundred-thousand-naira investment in 2005. This is sad, and unfortunate. A discouragement on investing in shares, which I believe now should be for those who wish to trade in shares, and not for civil servants, who are thinking of life, after retirement.
Most of our investment on shares, between 2003 and 2008, were wasted by some Directors, of the quoted companies.

Why did you hold on till now, I used to have Union Bank, Skye Bank, Intercontinental Bank, Afribank.

But I just lucky, I didn't go down with those banks.

Once the fundamentals start to deteriorate with no solution in sight, na to sell the shares

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chimex38: 3:12pm On Nov 24, 2023
defebe:

@defebe
Explain to us what you mean by "what!!!" so next time we wont misinteprete ur expression as being surprised since we cant see your face. undecided.
newbie no be insult Ooo
Some Oldiees sefs dey call themselves newbie for this platform sometimes. grin
One no fit know dis stock analysis and paralysis finish

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 3:12pm On Nov 24, 2023
mikeapollo:

And is possible wale will go thr to close the case if he was not truly behind the delisting. I read somewhere that at the agm he said the aggrieved shareholders have left. Or settled if I am not wrong. I have strong believe if he initiated the delisting. The #7 plus can not stand with the present nigeria economy. I pray he didn't initiate it because no one can stop him either at the agm or court.
Note: I still have my #18 investment in ondo. God hear our prayers
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 3:12pm On Nov 24, 2023
mikeapollo:

I so much like your courage.
Once you win this context,I will dash you apple.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:13pm On Nov 24, 2023
Locotrader:

He was surprised he allowed that to happen to him
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 3:14pm On Nov 24, 2023
essentialone:
I received a pay-off from Union Bank yesterday afternoon. I nearly shed tears of sadness. I obtained a loan of five hundred thousand naira in 2005, as a civil servant, and invested same on Union Bank shares, with no appreciable dividends declared, since then.
I was paid fifty thousand naira yesterday, for five hundred-thousand-naira investment in 2005. This is sad, and unfortunate. A discouragement on investing in shares, which I believe now should be for those who wish to trade in shares, and not for civil servants, who are thinking of life, after retirement.
Most of our investment on shares, between 2003 and 2008, were wasted by some Directors, of the quoted companies.

Sorry for your loss then take it as your school fees. At least you got something back. ResortSAL some of us bought the Private placement and management deceitfully gave 1.1 after IPO, how far? Not to talk of Standard Alliance & UNHomes.

Take is as a call to invest the time and energy needed to develop mastery in this field if you intend to do this. There's a level of confidence that comes with being highly knowledgeable in what you do (a lot of examples abound in the forum).

It will be EXPLOSIVE!!!.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 3:17pm On Nov 24, 2023
Streetinvestor2:
And is possible wale will go thr to close the case if he was not truly behind the delisting. I read somewhere that at the agm he said the aggrieved shareholders have left. Or settled if I am not wrong. I have strong believe if he initiated the delisting. The #7 plus can not stand with the present nigeria economy. I pray he didn't initiate it because no one can stop him either at the agm or court.

Which other prayer do you want.
For prayer to be answered, there must be agreement.
Nsempa oando shareholders are already in agreement.
I am now tempted to join you guys.
This must be the stock customstreet is referring to because he added "very soon".
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chimex38: 3:17pm On Nov 24, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

He was surprised he allowed that to happen to him
Ooh, ok
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 3:18pm On Nov 24, 2023
Streetinvestor2:

Yes he said something about paying them off as Oando was mandated... He even said dividend payments will start soon... He carefully avoided the court or delisting lines during AGM... Even when the chairman was attending to questions he was acting as if he was pressing his lil screen toy grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 3:18pm On Nov 24, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Why did you hold on till now, I used to have Union Bank, Skye Bank, Intercontinental Bank, Afribank.

But I just lucky, I didn't go down with those banks.

Once the fundamentals start to deteriorate with no solution in sight, na to sell the shares
Many civil servant bought and forgot about it like landed property,I inclusive.
Then we had no investment discussion like this and investment education. The analog brokers caused plenty harm because thr staff gave uninformed analysis and information

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 3:20pm On Nov 24, 2023
You want me to bring back old memories which is one of the reasons I detest insurance stocks forget that I did a quick one with veritas
KayOn1:

Sorry for your loss then take it as your school fees. At least you got something back. ResortSAL some of us bought the Private placement and management deceitfully gave 1.1 after IPO, how far? Not to talk of Standard Alliance & UNHomes.

Take is as a call to invest the time and energy needed to develop mastery in this field if you intend to do this. There's a level of confidence that comes with being highly knowledgeable in what you do (a lot of examples abound in the forum).

It will be EXPLOSIVE!!!.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mikeapollo: 3:21pm On Nov 24, 2023
megawealth01:

Yes he said something about paying them off as Oando was mandated... He even said dividend payments will start soon... He carefully avoided the court or delisting lines during AGM... Even when the chairman was attending to questions he was acting as if he was pressing his lil screen toy grin

Wale said Oando was compelled by SEC to pay off the aggrieved shareholders the equivalent of USD600m, and this created a big cashflow and other problems for the company.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 3:21pm On Nov 24, 2023
Inside life... Who never pay school fees in this market should raise their hands?
Streetinvestor2:
Then we had no investment discussion like this and investment education. The analog brokers caused plenty harm because thr staff gave uninformed analysis and information
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 3:22pm On Nov 24, 2023
mikeapollo:

Wale said Oando was compelled by SEC to pay off the aggrieved shareholders the equivalent of USD600m, and this created a big cashflow and other problems for the company.
TRUE
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 3:22pm On Nov 24, 2023
Locotrader:

Which other prayer do you want.
For prayer to be answered, there must be agreement.
Nsempa oando shareholders are already in agreement.
I am now tempted to join you guys.
This must be the stock customstreet is referring to because he added "very soon".
I equally believe it is the stock
I feel information of what may play out at the court has filtered into custom Street. You know his is always insider infor
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 3:23pm On Nov 24, 2023
Streetinvestor2:
I equally believe it is the stock
I feel information of what may play out at the court has filtered into custom Street. You know his is always insider infor

Amen oooooo

I must become a billionaire before 2023 ends
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:28pm On Nov 24, 2023
There is difference between increase in a stock price and the fundamentals of a stock is good

There is difference between decrease in a stock price and the deterioration of fundamentals

In must cases the best way to make long term money from the stock market is to have the resources to buy into a fundamentally sound stock at a time when the stock price is experiencing continuous decrease in price.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sboga: 3:30pm On Nov 24, 2023
kai

$500 k - Investment
$50 - ROI

ppl lie loco still dey worry ur dead dey do velificate
dey come post rate pic say an him e b a rasta wid broken teet.
SOme1 dey use slippa slap him come break hin teet
d guy dey use diff monikas to confuz mindz
NA 2008 GO CAUSE SOMEONE TO BECOME LIKE DAT 4 REST OF DIA LIFE
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:32pm On Nov 24, 2023
Streetinvestor2:

Reason why real estate is the easiest and the best for most people.

In 2006, that 500k will buy 2 plots of land at Agric Ikorodu with a current market value of N15 million to N20 million
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sboga: 3:38pm On Nov 24, 2023
see mcy, the 500K in 2006 was 500K US DOLLARS
N 20 MILLION of today is 18K DOLLARS

so make sense...dis man suppose brap u till u will chop sense n stop dullin

emmanuelewumi:

Reason why real estate is the easiest and the best for most people.

In 2006, that 500k will buy 2 plots of land at Agric Ikorodu with a current market value of N15 million to N20 million
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 3:39pm On Nov 24, 2023
femu:

What do you feel about Zenith, Gtco, Mansard, Fidelity BUA cement and Dangcem?

I think the banks listed still have value in them based on Q3 book values per share and historical price to book ratios. Earnings per share have also improved for the banks going forward. However, there could be elevated impairment losses this year and next year due to the tough economic climate. How much this may erode value going forward, requires monitoring. Below are book values per share of the three banks based on Q3 numbers.
Zenith N61.11
GTCO N42.39
Fidelity N12.84
NB these book values can be eroded easily by impairments.

Fidelity is the weakest amongst the three based on historical price to book values.

I am not monitoring BUA Cement and Dangcement that much.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Melcapital: 3:41pm On Nov 24, 2023
sboga:
kai

$500 k - Investment
$50 - ROI

ppl lie loco still dey worry ur dead dey do velificate
dey come post rate pic say an him e b a rasta wid broken teet.
SOme1 dey use slippa slap him come break hin teet
d guy dey use diff monikas to confuz mindz
NA 2008 GO CAUSE SOMEONE TO BECOME LIKE DAT 4 REST OF DIA LIFE

Reread this 5 times and could not make sense of it. That Nairaland allows easy opening of user accounts does not justify the amount of efforts spent by this person trying to type in a weird manner just to create the impression that they are different from any other thread-derailing moniker that has come here to waste pages in the past.

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7375) (7376) (7377) (7378) (7379) (7380) (7381) ... (7816) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Olaide1295, SetrakusRa(m), Mpeace(m), KarlTom and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.