Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,088 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:39 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7379) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11070655 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7376) (7377) (7378) (7379) (7380) (7381) (7382) ... (7816) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:42pm On Nov 24, 2023
sboga:
see mcy, the 500K in 2006 was 500K US DOLLARS
N 20 MILLION of today is 18K DOLLARS

so make sense...dis man suppose brap u till u will chop sense n stop dullin

It should be around N150 to $1 in 2006.

So N500,000 should be equivalent to around $3,300
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 3:45pm On Nov 24, 2023
Streetinvestor2:
I equally believe it is the stock
I feel information of what may play out at the court has filtered into custom Street. You know his is always insider infor

I will gamble what I can loose on Monday.
I will pick just 100k units just to answer oando shareholder.I will not forgive myself if oando touch #36 which is the 200% customstreet has assured us.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 3:56pm On Nov 24, 2023
megawealth01:
Oando has just Monday before the long awaited judgement day grin

Judgement day grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zegra: 3:56pm On Nov 24, 2023
Locotrader:

I will pick just 100k units just to answer oando shareholder.I will not forgive myself if oando touch #36 which is the 200% customstreet has assured us.

Assured you? Haba
Please moderate your expectations

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mikeapollo: 3:59pm On Nov 24, 2023
Locotrader:

Why do you want to deliberately commit sin against your own ''hustler, money making instinct'', then refuse to forgive yourself on top?
It is better you join the Oando gang right now and let's go die there together!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 4:01pm On Nov 24, 2023
Zegra:

Assured you? Haba
Please moderate your expectations

Expectations are always high in a gamble stock.Customstreet assured 200% for the stock he will release.When I flashed my torchlight,I saw oando
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 4:01pm On Nov 24, 2023
Melcapital:

Reread this 5 times and could not make sense of it. That Nairaland allows easy opening of user accounts does not justify the amount of efforts spent by this person trying to type in a weird manner just to create the impression that they are different from any other thread-derailing moniker that has come here to waste pages in the past.

A public nuisance will never believe he is one until he finds himself in an asylum!!
Best to keep ignoring jibberish jargons!!

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 4:02pm On Nov 24, 2023
BabsO2:

I think the banks listed still have value in them based on Q3 book values per share and historical price to book ratios. Earnings per share have also improved for the banks going forward. However, there could be elevated impairment losses this year and next year due to the tough economic climate. How much this may erode value going forward, requires monitoring. Below are book values per share of the three banks based on Q3 numbers.
Zenith N61.11
GTCO N42.39
Fidelity N12.84
NB these book values can be eroded easily by impairments.

Fidelity is the weakest amongst the three based on historical price to book values.

I am not monitoring BUA Cement and Dangcement that much.

@BabsO2
Any reason you mentioned just these 3?
FCMB has a higher BV than Fidelity though cheaper. Just asking as still trying to burnish my investment skills.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 4:05pm On Nov 24, 2023
grin
megawealth01:

Amen oooooo

I must become a billionaire before 2023 ends
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sboga: 4:06pm On Nov 24, 2023
no1 dey abov mistakes
he who dey widout sin sho cast d 1st stone
na caluclation error i dont commt u dey come insult yo papa wey knack yo mommy
u suppose let it go na haba r u a perfet pesin
na just one more monika for loco file u dey or na mpiss

Krisuba:

A public nuisance will never believe he is one until he finds himself in an asylum!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 4:08pm On Nov 24, 2023
KayOn1:

@BabsO2
Any reason you mentioned just these 3?
FCMB has a higher BV than Fidelity though cheaper. Just asking as still trying to burnish my investment skills.

I limited my answer to the question. FCMB was not part of the question. We are still waiting for its Q3. The Q2 book value was N17.35. Many banks didn't change much between Q2&3 numbers because of impairments booked in Q3

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Melcapital: 4:10pm On Nov 24, 2023
Krisuba:

💯

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mikeapollo: 4:17pm On Nov 24, 2023
Locotrader:

Expectations are always high in a gamble stock.Customstreet assured 200% for the stock he will release.When I flashed my torchlight,I saw oando

But Customstreet himself had cautioned on Oando in the past, saying that the buyout offer price N7.07 would likely be the eventual delisting price!
But it would be good if he now has positive intelligence about what would likely happen in Oando.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 4:25pm On Nov 24, 2023
BabsO2:

I limited my answer to the question. FCMB was not part of the question. We are still waiting for its Q3. The Q2 book value was N17.35. Many banks didn't change much between Q2&3 numbers because of impairments booked in Q3

Grateful.
You have spoken, let those who have inner eyes see.
Hopefully, I am not shaking too much tables for some people. Just pitying ...

The WAILING, ....
IT WILL BE LOUD!!!

Back to my pigeon hole.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 4:29pm On Nov 24, 2023
mikeapollo:

But Customstreet himself had cautioned on Oando in the past, saying that the buyout offer price N7.07 would likely be the eventual delisting price!
But it would be good if he now has positive intelligence about what would likely happen in Oando.

Wale spoilt what he said and readings from his body language (which looked to me like, relax, we have restored the company and paying Naira dividends will be a piece of cake soon as we earn $$$$$$s) with "it may happen it may not happen" comment he made.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mikeapollo: 4:38pm On Nov 24, 2023
BabsO2:

Wale spoilt what he said and readings from his body language (which looked to me like, relax, we have restored the company and paying Naira dividends will be a piece of cake soon as we earn $$$$$$s) with "it may happen it may not happen" comment he made.

I will be the happiest, luckiest man in the whole wide world if Oando does not delist.
I am loaded on it like shit!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sky2891: 5:41pm On Nov 24, 2023
mikeapollo:

The court is likely to order Oando to fix a date for the extraordinary AGM (within a time frame) so that shareholders could vote and determine their acceptance or rejection of the buyout offer.
If the shareholders reject and there is another new/improved offer price from Oando, then it means they really want to delist and they may push for it. Otherwise, Oando would continue to be listed and then we continue to die there!
It's few days from now though the process may not end same day but it should get clearer.
Fingers crossed.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 5:42pm On Nov 24, 2023
sky2891:

It's few days from now though the process may not end same day but it should get clearer.
Fingers crossed.

What if it's shifted indefinitely? grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sky2891: 5:58pm On Nov 24, 2023
megawealth01:

What if it's shifted indefinitely? grin
Indefinitely is most unlikely.
We will know SEC's stand on the proposed buy out offer of N7.07 as that's the reason for the shift to Nov. 28.
The court might also order OANDO to fix a date and conduct the AGM/EGM.
I have this faith that it will, after all, be favourable.

Simply my thoughts.
I
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 6:15pm On Nov 24, 2023
sky2891:

We will know SEC's stand on the proposed buy out offer of N7.07 as that's the reason for the shift to Nov. 28.

Simply my thoughts.
I

I just pray there's a major miracle sha
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 6:28pm On Nov 24, 2023
POS business: How operators stay afloat amidst rising competition
Cees Harmon by Cees Harmon 3 hours ago

A recent survey conducted by Nairametrics in Lagos, Abuja, and Port Harcourt sheds light on the thriving Point of Sale (PoS) business in Nigeria.

PoS agents, depending on location, earn between N5,000 and N12,000 daily.

This burgeoning industry, fueled by the simplicity of the technology, has created approximately 1.5 million jobs, surpassing the remuneration of many degree holders.

Operators attest to the profitability, with some earning as much as N360,000 monthly, outpacing salaries in traditional banking roles.

Several operators shared insights into their successful PoS businesses. Notably, strategic location selection plays a pivotal role.

Areas with high foot traffic, such as markets, universities, and commercial districts, prove lucrative. Offering additional services, like bill payments and money transfers, enhances customer attraction and retention.

Partnerships with other businesses and prioritizing exceptional customer service contribute to building a positive reputation in the competitive landscape.

To start a PoS business, obtaining a PoS machine is essential. The cost varies based on factors such as brand, quality, and features. Prices range from N50,000 to N200,000.

Some service providers offer free machines to agents, further reducing the entry barrier. This affordability contributes to the accessibility of the PoS business, making it an attractive venture for entrepreneurs.

An agent, Rose Ubong, told Nairametrics that effective marketing strategies, including location choice, customer service, and incentives, play a crucial role in attracting and retaining customers.

She added that overcoming challenges such as network issues, fraud, high commissions, competition, and regulatory compliance demands careful planning and continuous adaptation.

Starting a PoS business involves several key steps. Thorough research to understand industry dynamics, requirements, and challenges is crucial.

Raising start-up capital, choosing a prime location, and selecting a reliable PoS service provider are foundational steps. Registration with the chosen provider, advertising the business through various channels, and ensuring compliance with Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) regulations complete the setup process.

The PoS business in Nigeria has experienced significant growth since the implementation of the agent banking system by the Central Bank of Nigeria in 2013.

As of July 2021, there were 986,252 registered PoS terminals in Nigeria, and the industry recorded N1.15 trillion in transactions by March 2023.

Globally, the PoS market is projected to grow from $80.8 billion in 2018 to $155.6 billion in 2028, showcasing its importance in the retail industry.

That is an indication that there is still a wide room for growth in Nigeria.

Moniepoint claims leadership in the market with over 600,000 agents, followed by OPay and Palmpay.

However, merchants have begun to overtake agents in the PoS market, with over 1.3 million merchants on the Moniepoint platform.

The market continues to thrive due to the convenience it offers in providing various financial services, from accepting payments to managing inventory.

There is no doubt that the PoS business in Nigeria presents a viable and lucrative opportunity for entrepreneurs. Its affordability, coupled with the potential for high daily earnings, positions it as a competitive alternative to traditional banking roles.

Success in this business hinges on strategic location selection, effective marketing, and adapting to industry dynamics.

As the PoS market continues to grow globally and in Nigeria, entrepreneurs entering this space should prioritize customer service.

On his part, Chinonso Akudinobi, who operates two machines in Alaba International Market, said he makes up to N12,000 some days.

Dieye Wilson, a resident of Port Harcourt, and PoS operator in Diobu, said like everywhere else in Nigeria, she charges N100 for every N5000 deposit or withdrawal transaction.

Wilson said her PoS business affords her a good life. She said has been in the business for the past three years and has been able to buy a small car from her proceeds.

According to the Nigeria Inter-Bank Settlement System (NIBSS), as of July 2021, there were 986,252 registered PoS terminals in Nigeria.

According to the National President, of the Association of Mobile Money and Bank Agents in Nigeria, Victor Olojo, there are over 1.4 million mobile money and banking agents across the country.

Nairametrics reported that the number of PoS terminals deployed by merchants and individuals rose to 1.8 million in March 2023.

This represents a 75% increase year on year when compared with the number of deployed terminals in the same period last year, which was 1.04 million.

The value of transactions over the PoS terminals also increased to N1.1 trillion in the month, the highest monthly record on the platform.

Indeed, the simple PoS technology has opened up to the general public.

https://nairametrics.com/2023/11/24/pos-business-how-operators-stay-afloat-amidst-rising-competition/

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sboga: 6:35pm On Nov 24, 2023
Cbn sef Dey allow dis lobbish.
Dem suppose to ban dis nonsense business.
E allow banks to not put atm like in developed kontries.
Dis is a simple rental business in it?
Na cash dem Dey sell u
No serious kontry shud have such a business.

U 2 are a duller to post dis here

Shebi na u B d 1 wey get E.D problem no fit knack well come carry pos machine fo u head

PETERiCHY:
POS business: How operators stay afloat amidst rising competition
Cees Harmon by Cees Harmon 3 hours ago

A recent survey conducted by Nairametrics in Lagos, Abuja, and Port Harcourt sheds light on the thriving Point of Sale (PoS) business in Nigeria.

PoS agents, depending on location, earn between N5,000 and N12,000 daily.

This burgeoning industry, fueled by the simplicity of the technology, has created approximately 1.5 million jobs, surpassing the remuneration of many degree holders.

Operators attest to the profitability, with some earning as much as N360,000 monthly, outpacing salaries in traditional banking roles.

Several operators shared insights into their successful PoS businesses. Notably, strategic location selection plays a pivotal role.

Areas with high foot traffic, such as markets, universities, and commercial districts, prove lucrative. Offering additional services, like bill payments and money transfers, enhances customer attraction and retention.

Partnerships with other businesses and prioritizing exceptional customer service contribute to building a positive reputation in the competitive landscape.

To start a PoS business, obtaining a PoS machine is essential. The cost varies based on factors such as brand, quality, and features. Prices range from N50,000 to N200,000.

Some service providers offer free machines to agents, further reducing the entry barrier. This affordability contributes to the accessibility of the PoS business, making it an attractive venture for entrepreneurs.

An agent, Rose Ubong, told Nairametrics that effective marketing strategies, including location choice, customer service, and incentives, play a crucial role in attracting and retaining customers.

She added that overcoming challenges such as network issues, fraud, high commissions, competition, and regulatory compliance demands careful planning and continuous adaptation.

Starting a PoS business involves several key steps. Thorough research to understand industry dynamics, requirements, and challenges is crucial.

Raising start-up capital, choosing a prime location, and selecting a reliable PoS service provider are foundational steps. Registration with the chosen provider, advertising the business through various channels, and ensuring compliance with Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) regulations complete the setup process.

The PoS business in Nigeria has experienced significant growth since the implementation of the agent banking system by the Central Bank of Nigeria in 2013.

As of July 2021, there were 986,252 registered PoS terminals in Nigeria, and the industry recorded N1.15 trillion in transactions by March 2023.

Globally, the PoS market is projected to grow from $80.8 billion in 2018 to $155.6 billion in 2028, showcasing its importance in the retail industry.

That is an indication that there is still a wide room for growth in Nigeria.

Moniepoint claims leadership in the market with over 600,000 agents, followed by OPay and Palmpay.

However, merchants have begun to overtake agents in the PoS market, with over 1.3 million merchants on the Moniepoint platform.

The market continues to thrive due to the convenience it offers in providing various financial services, from accepting payments to managing inventory.

There is no doubt that the PoS business in Nigeria presents a viable and lucrative opportunity for entrepreneurs. Its affordability, coupled with the potential for high daily earnings, positions it as a competitive alternative to traditional banking roles.

Success in this business hinges on strategic location selection, effective marketing, and adapting to industry dynamics.

As the PoS market continues to grow globally and in Nigeria, entrepreneurs entering this space should prioritize customer service.

https://nairametrics.com/2023/11/24/pos-business-how-operators-stay-afloat-amidst-rising-competition/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sboga: 6:49pm On Nov 24, 2023
Wen serious minds Dey yan oando matter dis monky dey carry pos come
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rmx: 8:10pm On Nov 24, 2023
Melcapital:

Reread this 5 times and could not make sense of it. That Nairaland allows easy opening of user accounts does not justify the amount of efforts spent by this person trying to type in a weird manner just to create the impression that they are different from any other thread-derailing moniker that has come here to waste pages in the past.

grin grin

You are correct to some extent , more coherent and English much better in older post
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 8:11pm On Nov 24, 2023
sboga:
Cbn sef Dey allow dis lobbish.
Dem suppose to ban dis nonsense business.
E allow banks to not put atm like in developed kontries.
Dis is a simple rental business in it?
Na cash dem Dey sell u
No serious kontry shud have such a business.

U 2 are a duller to post dis here

Shebi na u B d 1 wey get E.D problem no fit knack well come carry pos machine fo u head

Your LEVEL of FRUSTRATION is IRREDEEMABLE because a FOOL at FORTY is a FOOL FOREVER angry

BARGAIN HUNTERS TAKE NOTE!

16 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 8:35pm On Nov 24, 2023
andico34:
bearish evening star on zenith bank...looking to find support at N18.50-N19.00

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 8:44pm On Nov 24, 2023
BabsO2:
The buyer mopping up FBNH at N20 for many days no come market today. He or she created a strong support for FBNH at N20. He must be Ote$ or one of the top contending FBNH shareholders. The mop up pulled FBNH from N16 in October to N20 and delivered over 500 million Shares valued at about N10b.

The buyer returned with his bullion van today to continue mopping up FBNH at N20.

While he was away for 2 days the price dropped to N19 shocked

Is a withdrawal tactics possible to drop prices for a strategic accumulator so that accumulation prices will not go up unduly while also pulling more into the drag net. Like Danfo that is always doing as if it is moving and about to move yet it remains about the same spot. Makes those inside seat tight and those considering hopping in to hop in and not miss the bus grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sboga: 8:47pm On Nov 24, 2023
PETERiCHY:

Your LEVEL of FRUSTRATION is IRREDEEMABLE because a FOOL at FORTY is a FOOL FOREVER angry

BARGAIN HUNTERS TAKE NOTE!

You don derail the serious oando matter dat Dey on hand na u come carry pos 4 hand.
Look at u jus a clown wey no fit knack well carry pos come write lobbish.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by femu(m): 8:50pm On Nov 24, 2023
BabsO2:

I think the banks listed still have value in them based on Q3 book values per share and historical price to book ratios. Earnings per share have also improved for the banks going forward. However, there could be elevated impairment losses this year and next year due to the tough economic climate. How much this may erode value going forward, requires monitoring. Below are book values per share of the three banks based on Q3 numbers.
Zenith N61.11
GTCO N42.39
Fidelity N12.84
NB these book values can be eroded easily by impairments.

Fidelity is the weakest amongst the three based on historical price to book values.

I am not monitoring BUA Cement and Dangcement that much.

Thanks for the analysis
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sboga: 9:01pm On Nov 24, 2023
Jus imagine

4-5 men Dey seriously yan the oando mattar dat dey for grand big money wey involve millions

At the same time one joker Dey carry pos come enter the matter.

Wetin u go do seriously. Na slap d fool comot am for der jare mthewwww
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mikeapollo: 10:54pm On Nov 24, 2023
sky2891:

Simply my thoughts.
I
The SEC Rules stipulates the price cannot be lower than the highest price traded on the NGX over a period of 6 months prior to the AGM.
I am sure the N7.07 proposed by Oando will be rejected totally.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 10:54pm On Nov 24, 2023
Agents of chaos have infiltrated our thread. This once peaceful place is slowly transforming into a mirror image of Gaza. Otilo!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7376) (7377) (7378) (7379) (7380) (7381) (7382) ... (7816) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: meholo, Kwibaba(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.