Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,905 members, 7,814,064 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7412) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10857954 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7409) (7410) (7411) (7412) (7413) (7414) (7415) ... (7747) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 10:33am On Dec 18, 2023
aj8:

EPS for 6 months =0.80
X2 for 1 year =1.60
X4 for target =1.60 x4 = 6.40
Dividend payment is poor so apply 75% =6.40 x 75% = N4.80

Target is N4.80 if they continue to do well. However range is N4.80 -N6.40. Dividends may take awhile to climb. However to maintain that price, they must declare at least 20k dividends.

Due diligence as always.

I thought you said best qtr EPS which would have been 1.03 for qtr2 without a caveat.
Just trying to point out that no method is foolproof & newbies should always do their DD and not depend on handouts.
Your inputs are highly appreciated.
🙏

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 10:41am On Dec 18, 2023
DrAwo:
Last week, I saw an excellent post by CHIDI UZO with a beautiful chart showcasing the monthly and annual returns of NGX ASI over a 10 year period. He kindly consented to my reproducing the chart.

it was thought provoking and led me to write an article about a few lessons I took away from looking at the chart.

I hope you find it instructive...

https://stocksng.com/lessons-from-10-years-of-market-returns/

Nice one..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PuristForest: 10:43am On Dec 18, 2023
DrAwo:
Last week, I saw an excellent post by CHIDI UZO with a beautiful chart showcasing the monthly and annual returns of NGX ASI over a 10 year period. He kindly consented to my reproducing the chart.

it was thought provoking and led me to write an article about a few lessons I took away from looking at the chart.

Just a few comments from the yearly matrix in the linked article, which i find quite insightful. Although i am not totally aligned with the author in certain areas, i find interesting the fact that we have had 4 consecutive bullish years from 2020, with 2020 yielding the best returns. Q4 yields best monthly returns and Q1 the worst, means that we should prepare for the imminent bearish market in the coming months.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kalkah: 10:50am On Dec 18, 2023
It is better to be conservative in your estimate and factor risk.

KayOn1:

I thought you said best qtr EPS which would have been 1.03 for qtr2 without a caveat.
Just trying to point out that no method is foolproof & newbies should always do their DD and not depend on handouts.
🙏
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 11:28am On Dec 18, 2023
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 11:30am On Dec 18, 2023
kalkah:
It is better to be conservative in your estimate and factor risk.

100%

Please has anyone received their Wema Bank Right Issue documents?
I am yet to receive mine. Any ideas on how to go about it?

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 11:43am On Dec 18, 2023
DrAkpa:
....I will wait till January to offload as that's when dividends and quarter results would be declared.
Results and dividends are not declared in January.....we should be looking at Feb ending/Mar-Apr...
Just to correct this, so you can know how to plan your trades well.
*Pls note: Not saying January is bad to offload o.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 12:01pm On Dec 18, 2023
DrAwo:

Reminds me of the fruits trees around while growing up.
We need a new drive to plant fruit trees all over our cities grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAwo(m): 12:06pm On Dec 18, 2023
PuristForest:

Just a few comments from the yearly matrix in the linked article, which i find quite insightful. Although i am not totally aligned with the author in certain areas, i find interesting the fact that we have had 4 consecutive bullish years from 2021, with 2020 yielding the best returns. Q4 yields best monthly returns and Q1 the worst, means that we should prepare for the imminent bearish market in the coming months.

Accept my warm handshake boss... I love how you stated your case... Much respect..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAwo(m): 12:19pm On Dec 18, 2023
PuristForest:

Q4 yields best monthly returns and Q1 the worst, means that we should prepare for the imminent bearish market in the coming months.
To take the discussion further, your observation that q4 is usually positive and q1 negative is probably not always true. I don't think one can safely build a strategy based off this as it is market timing in my own world.

Q4 was terrible in the first 3 years on the chart and q1 was fair in the last 3 years...

Any thoughts?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gbengafaro1986: 12:37pm On Dec 18, 2023
kai, UBA last week was making us believe it was gonna cross the 25naira threshold only to return back to 24 cry
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:14pm On Dec 18, 2023
gbengafaro1986:
kai, UBA last week was making us believe it was gonna cross the 25naira threshold only to return back to 24 cry
Lol. That's market for us nah.
Different participants with different motives and goals.
Besides, the buyers are still in market.......only that prices are not appreciating today as may be expected......but no significant fall in prices either....... generally
It's like you jumped into the ship at high price.. smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aj8(m): 2:43pm On Dec 18, 2023
KayOn1:

🙏

Thank you.
UPL is not a growth stock. .

Common Sense Strategy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PuristForest: 4:36pm On Dec 18, 2023
My thoughts!!!! DYOR
Chams - i think this asset is completed its rally with an extended 5th wave, waiting for continuation from 1.1 region
Royalex - still looking healthy, may test 0.54 again before a decisive break of 0.672 high
UPDC - heading to short term target
ftn - in buy zone..watching/waiting for major rejection and reversal pattern - interests!
eterna - buy zone ..watching/waiting
tantalizer - still waiting at 0.4 region. may or may not come
multiverse - break of 9.9 resistance will open door to 12.2, else short term correction(riding since 3.3))
oando- waiting at 9.6 region
ucap - next stop 24.9
Sentiment is bearish, investors taking short term profit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thebargainhunte: 8:23am On Dec 21, 2023
Welcome back! grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ekkywolex(m): 8:26am On Dec 21, 2023
Welcome back. Now I understand the value of Nairaland

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Trojan8(m): 8:27am On Dec 21, 2023
This new format is killing me

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by egojeny1(f): 8:30am On Dec 21, 2023
Ewoo, we're back. Thank God

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Freespirit89(m): 9:16am On Dec 21, 2023
Yeah WE ARE BACK!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Hedgefunds: 9:16am On Dec 21, 2023
egojeny1:
Ewoo, we're back. Thank God

congrats
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by otomatic(m): 9:21am On Dec 21, 2023
I missed being here. Welcome back online.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 9:33am On Dec 21, 2023
Thank God we back....oya no time what's happening in TRANSCORP closed on full bid #7.70 yesterday....board meeting was also held yesterday, any information on outcome of the meeting?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 9:37am On Dec 21, 2023
Princkez:
Thank God we back....oya no time what's happening in TRANSCORP closed on full bid #7.70 yesterday....board meeting was also held yesterday, any information on outcome of the meeting?
I have been waiting fo this platform to reopen so I can thank Loco for the Transcorp recomendation he made some days back.
On the strenght of his recomendation I added a few units more.
Justt see where we dey now

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IYGEAL(m): 9:44am On Dec 21, 2023
Testing cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by edwardaigb: 9:46am On Dec 21, 2023
I missed Nairaland. Thank God it's back.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ginalex(f): 10:01am On Dec 21, 2023
Loco see your Caverton grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Adinije(f): 10:07am On Dec 21, 2023
Transcorp is on fire
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Pifebhor(f): 10:14am On Dec 21, 2023
Freespirit89:
Yeah WE ARE BACK!

I am so happy.. I missed Nairaland

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Boshins: 10:23am On Dec 21, 2023
Boshins:
unbundling news... I believe the market will react positively to this news... Apart from this, something cool is coming from d stable of Transcorp...... cool
we move... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Payunsin: 10:28am On Dec 21, 2023
Gsk
Some want to sell @ 18.70 despite the 17.42 exit price.
How?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 10:32am On Dec 21, 2023
Oando going to #7? grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leparj(m): 10:36am On Dec 21, 2023
Thank God Nairaland is back up.
Missed this forum.
Discovered my day wasn't complete without it.
Like I was in the dark and cudnt see.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7409) (7410) (7411) (7412) (7413) (7414) (7415) ... (7747) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ofp1, Coolcash1, Niyijac and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.