Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,003 members, 7,814,416 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7539) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10859371 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7536) (7537) (7538) (7539) (7540) (7541) (7542) ... (7747) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 8:43pm On Jan 26
Locotrader:

Has it not delivered?
Now market has reset.
We need results to start making more picks.
If TIP @ 2.30 produce a result that justifies the price, the price will move up again.
For now,I am street credible like streetinvestor2........
You fit come rugged for street pass me oh,lol.I don play seriousl betting for oando. The target na #20 if him wan delist. I believe God go touch him mind to atleast pay us that amount if he decides to delist. It has nothing to do with FA na just risk way we dey take sometimes for street. And if the thing fail,I can afford another 5.-10 M as sch fees. Or i go still collect am back from alhaji .The rule of the game which is constant is try to win more because loss is certain.

Na fear sometimes dey make people no hammer for this business

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gidjah(m): 9:07pm On Jan 26
Do you have an online group I can learn from.pls ? Trying to buy some sticks too but been studying your acumen and my experience is quite low
Locotrader:

Most stocks are on the bids now and you can't get any now with the fund.

For me l have stopped buying stocks but if I have to choose any stock to buy now,I will play CHAMPION BREW .Its 3.83 now .If this bull continues,it's a candidate of #7
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 9:22pm On Jan 26
yMcy56:

Una go explain tire.
I just dey laugh here. At least no one has faulted the huge fund injection. Lol. cheesy

Seriously, the Federal Govt is throwing its weight towards mining and lots of efforts gearing towards that side. JP also stands to benefit immensely all things being equal.

You may be right but nothing don start.Thr target na for illesha.When machine begin dig ground na him be mining don start.Thr is a place called brinin gwari in kaduna.. From that axis you enter Niger state.Then you can equally connect katsina state.This area are loaded underneath with alot that can bring out nigeria from financial struggle. I and fnds tried exploring to see how we could get things in small quantity. The insecurity in those area no get part two.And me I was not ready to die young lol.The sector jegede and his team I trying to enter is not a work over.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gidjah(m): 9:42pm On Jan 26
Thank you for this analysis , learners are reading and watching in 3D.pls keep it up.donyou have an online group to further learn from ?
Shalom428:
Take profit if you don't have holding power. But if you get holding power, just siddon , relax and wait for DangFood

A lot of profit taking will happen along the way, DangSugar FY 2023 might even dampened the price cos it's not going to be fantastic. But don't worry, the destination will be highly rewarding.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gidjah(m): 9:44pm On Jan 26
Following.
megawealth01:

My advise has always been the same for all newbies

"PATIENTLY read this forum from page 1 till date and you will get the needed knowledge for this space"

Other questions will be clarified before you are done

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gidjah(m): 9:55pm On Jan 26
Someone advices me on STANBIC IBTC,
,WHATS YOUR COUNSEL PLS AS A NEW BEE.I WANT TO USE THEM TO DO MY BIDDINGS TO. BUY
ttmax09:
You need to open a account with a stock broker and ask them about their dematerialisation process. Note avoid meristem for this as it will take ages for them.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 11:42pm On Jan 26
I strongly believe that the absence of certain data is not a ploy to present half truth...

This government has introduced several tax waivers/exceptions for companies in certain industries/sectors.

https://taxsummaries.pwc.com/nigeria/corporate/tax-credits-and-incentives

JP might be enjoying this... grin

OakPearl:
How Japaulgold will submit an annual report without PAT or EPS or how much they spent on taxation is what I don’t understand.

If there is PBT, why is there no PAT?
Are they enjoying any form of tax waiver/exempt from the government?

Anyone with information please share for the benefit of all for due diligence sake.
Disclosure: I do not own this stock.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by iHaveMadeiT2: 12:16am On Jan 27
Even when some people have been given free expo they still can't copy. Na wa o. This life no balance at all

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RichEstate(m): 12:18am On Jan 27
I was saying this last week that their advert looked like bank PHB. A kind of politicians approach to get vote.
DeRuggedProf:

Bros, just show him this advert. No long grammar... grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRwPc5yJqCo.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by iHaveMadeiT2: 12:21am On Jan 27
yMcy56:

I've made a post about OMATEK here some few weeks ago.....
Omatek, also in Tech/computers/ICT, has a good business and is currently undergoing restructuring......
The renewable energy plan of the FG will favour the company, if there's a good management that can channel the course (and I think the current mgmt, with the late CEO's son may live up to the task).

* With good partnership, fund injection, the company will be well resuscitated and likely do well in near future.

* We should have update from the outcome of the board meeting scheduled for 30th January

** Remember this is my personal opinion. DD also advised**
**For name callers, Mcy is not marketing OMATEK. Mr. Market and unfolding events will give us better pointer at the right time. Just my opinion**
Thank you dear. You're a diligent investor. Any stock wey you recommend, after all the back and forth, na north e dey go.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SetrakusRa(m): 12:27am On Jan 27

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ekkywolex(m): 6:21am On Jan 27

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Pifebhor(f): 8:02am On Jan 27
Shalom428:
Take profit if you don't have holding power. But if you get holding power, just siddon , relax and wait for DangFood

A lot of profit taking will happen along the way, DangSugar FY 2023 might even dampened the price cos it's not going to be fantastic. But don't worry, the destination will be highly rewarding.

Hello and good morning everyone, I have been following this forum since late 2023 and I am deeply grateful for all the Deep Insights shared on stocks. I appreciate you all.

Please I want to be a huge investor in DANGFOOD when the Merger is completed for the long term as it has prospects as recommended here but I need clarity on which of the 2 stocks to invest in now before the Merger as from Monday if possible .

Many has recommended DANGSUGAR and Many Has recommended NASCON . I really do not know know anything about NASCON yet. Please Able Experts , what is your take on acquiring NASCON and DANGSUGAR.

Should I do 60:40 for NASCON and DANGSUGAR respectively seeing that NASCON is cheaper now and based on a recommendation here that the sharing ratio NASCON will be 12:1 while DANGSUGAR will be 11:1 when the Merger happens or acquire more of DANGSUGAR ?

I do not know if Q4 report of NASCON will be favorable .

Do you also advice I buy them in Bits so I can Average down when and if the prices comes down ?

I will really appreciate your concrete feedback as I intend to invest in them on Monday .

Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 8:15am On Jan 27
Pifebhor:

Hello and good morning everyone, I have been following this forum since late 2023 and I am deeply grateful for all the Deep Insights shared on stocks. I appreciate you all.

Please I want to be a huge investor in DANGFOOD when the Merger is completed for the long term as it has prospects as recommended here but I need clarity on which of the 2 stocks to invest in now before the Merger as from Monday if possible .

Many has recommended DANGSUGAR and Many Has recommended NASCON . I really do not know know anything about NASCON yet. Please Able Experts , what is your take on acquiring NASCON and DANGSUGAR.

Should I do 60:40 for NASCON and DANGSUGAR respectively seeing that NASCON is cheaper now and based on a recommendation here that the sharing ratio NASCON will be 12:1 while DANGSUGAR will be 11:1 when the Merger happens or acquire more of DANGSUGAR ?

Do you also advice I buy them in Bits so I can Average down when and if the prices comes down ?

I will really appreciate your concrete feedback as I intend to invest in them on Monday .

Thanks.
as for me 60 - 40 in favour of sugar..
Remember you will lose one unit of nascon if you choose Nascon.
I sold all my Nascon and enter sugar at once since sugar will be the change to DangFood
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by unite4real: 9:11am On Jan 27
Mfunkynation:

as for me 60 - 40 in favour of sugar..
Remember you will lose one unit of nascon if you choose Nascon.
I sold all my Nascon and enter sugar at once since sugar will be the change to DangFood
Question: How much per share did you sell your NASCON and much did you buy SUGAR. Let's start from there . .....check the table below to see if ur decision was right.

Meanwhile, don't go by this rule as it is so wrong. There is no loss anywhere. What you need to do is to use the share scheme arrangement formular to calculate which of NASCON or SUGAR is cheaper to buy per time

The scheme of arrangement already says for every 12 NASCON, you get 11 SUGAR. this does not mean you are loosing 1 share of NASCON. It's the value placed on them. So the prices to buy them is inversely proportional. Remember that if you use 100k each to buy NASCON and SUGAR, you will have more units of NASCON than SUGAR due to the price difference. When you convert your NASCON units back to SUGAR, you should be at per, provided the price difference is normal according to the scheme of arrangement

NASCON PRICE = SUGAR X11/12
SUGAR PRICE = NASCON X12/11

NASCON QUANTITY X 11/12 = SUGAR QUANTITY

You need to compare both prices and buy the one that is cheaper because at the end of the day, the NASCON will be comverted to SUGAR and SUGAR converted to FOOD

for example, if you want to purchase 10,000 units of SUGAR, let's look at current prices of both

10,000 units of SUGAR is equal to 10,909 units of NASCON

SUGAR price is 82.65. amount required is 10,000 X 82.65 = N826,500
NASCON price is 76.5. amount required is 10,909 X 76.5 = N834,538

in this case, SUGAR is slightly cheaper to buy but if NASCON was selling for 75.5, it will be cheaper than SUGAR at 82.65

You need to constantly check this to decide which of them to buy per time. Attached is the price comparisons and differentials between the two up to sugar price of N90

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 9:59am On Jan 27
All mails sent couldn't be read as my mail isn't connected to this moniker...

I have given my COUNSEL on the condition of the market judging from the past few days earlier...

Let's be CAUTIOUS until things fully unfold... I advised entry into 2 pharmaceuticals with the entry prices in my earlier post... Do your own DD as I did mine...

If major bullishness continues we go roll as usual...

Note: I'm referring to my followers here

This weekend is fun in this my vacation country

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 10:39am On Jan 27
SetrakusRa:
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/40163_FLOUR_MILLS_OF_NIGERIA_PLC-_QUARTER_3_-_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FOR_2024_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_JANUARY_2024.pdf

Numbers, numbers.

I have noticed that these FMCGs are having more revenue than associated with the "brokeness" on the street. Abi everyone spent everything on food??

Developing impressive results looking at Q on Q.
I wonder what they'll do with honeywell flour(though not an amazing result) but looking to ride it(TA-wise) and gut feeling throughout q1. 10% down already.

Market will justify every result. Lookout! grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 11:08am On Jan 27
Zagee:

Numbers, numbers.

I have noticed that these FMCGs are having more revenue than associated with the "brokeness" on the street. Abi everyone spent everything on food??

Developing impressive results looking at Q on Q.
I wonder what they'll do with honeywell flour(though not an amazing result) but looking to ride it(TA-wise) and gut feeling throughout q1. 10% down already.

Market will justify every result. Lookout! grin

I think I have mentioned before that we are going to see bigger revenue, especially for essential products making companies, which may translate into higher profits. It is not hard to see when you go out to buy provisions and supplies - you should have noticed by now that most prices have gone up. In some cases prices have doubled, while in other cases companies have reduced the content. Look at my favorite biscuit from years past - the fish biscuit (50 naira per pack). It is now half its original size. angry angry embarassed embarassed

When some people come here and tell me stock prices will fall, as usual I get seriously confused. Is it not the same market that they and I enter to buy things, or are they shopping somewhere with discounted prices? Ok nah. undecided

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Choiceguy: 11:20am On Jan 27
ositadima1:

I think I have mentioned before that we are going to see bigger revenue, especially for essential products making companies, which may translate into higher profits. It is not hard to see when you go out to buy provisions and supplies - you should have noticed by now that most prices have gone up. In some cases prices have doubled, while in other cases companies have reduced the content. Look at my favorite biscuit from years past - the fish biscuit (50 naira per pack). It is now half its original size. angry angry embarassed embarassed

When some people come here and tell me stock prices will fall, as usual I get seriously confused. Is it not the same market that they and I enter to buy things, or are they shopping somewhere with discounted prices? Ok nah. undecided

grin grin grin my brother.Oracle told us that in turkey as inflation is increasing, stock price was also increasing in the same way.i am beginning to believe Loco that the index will reach 120,000+

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 11:21am On Jan 27
ekkywolex:
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/40163_FLOUR_MILLS_OF_NIGERIA_PLC-_QUARTER_3_-_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FOR_2024_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_JANUARY_2024.pdf

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/40162_CADBURY_NIGERIA_PLC.-_YEAR_END_-_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FOR_2023_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_JANUARY_2024.pdf

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/40159_UNION_DICON_SALT_PLC.-_YEAR_END_-_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FOR_2023_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_JANUARY_2024.pdf

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/40157_VITAFOAM_NIG_PLC.-_QUARTER_1_-_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FOR_2024_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_JANUARY_2024.pdf

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/40153_FCMB_GROUP_PLC-_YEAR_END_-_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FOR_2023_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_JANUARY_2024.pdf

Cadbury’s 2024 annual earnings report is a terrible failure.
You can’t be making a 46% revenue increase and end up with a horrific 4,839% loss after tax. Their -N1,471 loss/share is so loud, it has not only completely eroded their previous N708 net assets per share, they have now amassed a net liabilities per share of N803!!! I am thinking this may not be unconnected with the $23m loan owed Cadbury Schweppes Overseas Ltd who has a majority 74.97% stake in Cadbury Nigeria.

This resulted in an unrealised exchange loss of N20.6 billion and a loss after tax of N10.2 billion for the period ended, 30 September 2023. To their credit, Cadbury Nigeria has actually paid $18.6m of the loan and has offered to swap the balance $7.7 million (N7.03 billion) debt owed to Cadbury Schweppes Overseas Limited for more equity.
That’s further dilution of the outstanding shares which doesn’t look healthy in my opinion.
This foreign exchange market unification has brutally dealt with manufacturers! Meanwhile, how Cadbury at N22.95/share is more expensive than Unilever at N20.95/share considering both reports is a mystery that only Mr Market can solve.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dayjeee(m): 11:28am On Jan 27
What good app can I use to trade nigeria stock
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 11:33am On Jan 27
ositadima1:

I never considered this metric, I guess the gut feeling has been demystified. I can imagine the revenue when people get extra money to spend. That fish biscuit mehn.. It just fell off in taste too. grin.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 11:37am On Jan 27
Zagee:

I never considered this metric, I guess the gut feeling has been demystified. I can imagine the revenue when people get extra money to spend. That fish biscuit mehn.. It just fell off in taste too. grin.
Fish biscuits has always been my favourite
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 11:54am On Jan 27
ositadima1:

This is why I am street investor and always looking out in the street for reality

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RichEstate(m): 12:05pm On Jan 27
One girl used to press my mumu button with fish fish cake biscuits (blue pack) around 2007.

When we discuss economy, my friends always feel bad that I don't criticise government with them. Why should I focus my energy on that while I can use back door (NGX) to get back what the economy is taking from me when I buy in supermarkets etc.

And if market slooooowwwwws down, we have gurus to point us to where we can shift to. With my night school economics analysis and readings government policies so far will continue to favour the market. Me I don't know anything o but I'm convinced on that.

ositadima1:

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Frangel: 12:12pm On Jan 27
OakPearl:

Cadbury’s 2024 annual earnings report is a terrible failure.
You can’t be making a 46% revenue increase and end up with a horrific 4,839% loss after tax. Their -N1,471 loss/share is so loud, it has not only completely eroded their previous N708 net assets per share, they have now amassed a net liabilities per share of N803!!! I am thinking this may not be unconnected with the $23m loan owed Cadbury Schweppes Overseas Ltd who has a majority 74.97% stake in Cadbury Nigeria.

This resulted in an unrealised exchange loss of N20.6 billion and a loss after tax of N10.2 billion for the period ended, 30 September 2023. To their credit, Cadbury Nigeria has actually paid $18.6m of the loan and has offered to swap the balance $7.7 million (N7.03 billion) debt owed to Cadbury Schweppes Overseas Limited for more equity.
That’s further dilution of the outstanding shares which doesn’t look healthy in my opinion.
This foreign exchange market unification has brutally dealt with manufacturers! Meanwhile, how Cadbury at N22.95/share is more expensive than Unilever at N20.95/share considering both reports is a mystery that only Mr Market can solve.

Great insight. In addition, no dividends should be expected from Cadbury for 2023 and maybe more years to come. I was wondering why the bullish stand on the stock when they announced the debt/share conversion. Same way no dividends should be expected from Nestle for 2023.

Fx policy fallouts.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Shalom428: 12:48pm On Jan 27
Pifebhor:

Thanks.
At the current price , DS will give you more units of Dangote Food compared with Nascon.

Nascon FY2023 is going to be fantastic, but Dangote Sugar FY2023 will not because of Finance cost . Some might panic and sell off DS because of the result , so buying in tranches make sense because the panic selling might give room for better entry price

In summary, no matter the price you enter either Nascon or Dangote Sugar, you will be in profit when Dangote Food is listed. Dangote Food is destined to turn some millionaires into billionaires. The final destination is FANTASTIC.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thebargainhunte: 1:29pm On Jan 27
Shalom428:
At the current price , DS will give you more units of Dangote Food compared with Nascon.

Nascon FY2023 is going to be fantastic, but Dangote Sugar FY2023 will not because of Finance cost . Some might panic and sell off DS because of the result , so buying in tranches make sense because the panic selling might give room for better entry price

In summary, no matter the price you enter either Nascon or Dangote Sugar, you will be in profit when Dangote Food is listed. Dangote Food is destined to turn some millionaires into billionaires. The final destination is FANTASTIC.

I panic sold my Dangote shares in the last mayhem. I thought the price would crash for me to buy more, but I was wrong. At which price do you think dangfoods would be listed? I think Nascon would declare more dividends than dangsugar in their FY 2023. Do you think dangfoods would come onboard before April 2024?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ttmax09(m): 1:47pm On Jan 27
gidjah:
Someone advices me on STANBIC IBTC,
,WHATS YOUR COUNSEL PLS AS A NEW BEE.I WANT TO USE THEM TO DO MY BIDDINGS TO. BUY
Contact them about their dematerialisation process, also try to use a broker with good customer services.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ginalex(f): 4:08pm On Jan 27
thebargainhunte:

I panic sold my Dangote shares in the last mayhem. I thought the price would crash for me to buy more, but I was wrong. At which price do you think dangfoods would be listed? I think Nascon would declare more dividends than dangsugar in their FY 2023. Do you think dangfoods would come onboard before April 2024?
Do you think they'd declare dividend with the ongoing merger? I don zero my mind comot for dividend o
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MeezPat(f): 4:26pm On Jan 27
U may be right...A friend works at segilola in Ilesha, gold mining too....They are guided 24 7 by members of the force and have to say in business provided accommodations and this is Ilesha
Streetinvestor2:
You may be right but nothing don start.Thr target na for illesha.When machine begin dig ground na him be mining don start.Thr is a place called brinin gwari in kaduna.. From that axis you enter Niger state.Then you can equally connect katsina state.This area are loaded underneath with alot that can bring out nigeria from financial struggle. I and fnds tried exploring to see how we could get things in small quantity. The insecurity in those area no get part two.And me I was not ready to die young lol.The sector jegede and his team I trying to enter is not a work over.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 4:32pm On Jan 27
UBA audited 2023 result and final dividend is ready and approved by the board. Lets wait and see how long it takes for the new CBN to approve the result. I just pray they don't take as long as the previous CBN team.

Access audited result to be considered by the board on Tuesday.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7536) (7537) (7538) (7539) (7540) (7541) (7542) ... (7747) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Agbalowomeri, Jonwest, Umargarr(m), Bfly, Mills55, floydmayweather, Frangel and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.