Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,411 members, 7,836,658 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7550) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10974113 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7547) (7548) (7549) (7550) (7551) (7552) (7553) ... (7781) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 5:53pm On Jan 30
mendes911:

You are the "BOSS" and as a Boss, call your "BOY" name join. Na man you be and a titled man on top of that, he won't flog you naaa.

grin grin grin grin

He is a meat I tried to chew but to swallow it becomes another problem.I have to vomit it.
To mention where belly face name is even a big problem to me because of multi monikers.
If I say M, you say E, another man say G, omo na you sabi......

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 5:56pm On Jan 30
Locotrader:

He is a meat I tried to chew but to swallow it becomes another problem.I have to vomit it.
To mention where belly face name is even a big problem to me because of multi monikers.

On a serious note, you both need to end this rivalry and e-fighting. E don too last shaaa.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 6:01pm On Jan 30
wink cheesy grin

megawealth01:
Nobody here or anywhere can predict the market... Las las everyone go dey alright including the imaginary newbies
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 6:06pm On Jan 30
mendes911:

On a serious note, you both need to end this rivalry and e-fighting. E don too last shaaa.

It's too late to stop now.
I noticed he is not making kobo in this market but using mouth to deceive those he can.

I tried to call him to order.When I see him talking,I take it all we do here is even fake.

He must bend down by force

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 6:16pm On Jan 30
Today's Top trades volumes

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 6:17pm On Jan 30
mendes911:

Please are you referring to Emma, Stcool, Loco or Dr. Awo?
You wan start fight abi.Then them go say na because red show today for market. We na normal thing to they fight for street. That is how to survive in it.

On another note why should I worry about the market now if my major holdings which is u cap is BE #1 uba BE #8 wapco BE #18 sugar #27 transcorp #2
Afolabi units in zenith #18,gtb #24,Access #17.
The only bad guy na I B #5.50

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Emir01: 6:18pm On Jan 30
Dupeodus:

So, what do you guys expect? Leave capacity created at billions of dollars idle? It is clear that given Nigeria's commitments for crude supply and the PH refinery, they cannot meet the requirements of Dangote refinery. There was even a delay in production startup for this same reason. We should be glad that the value added on the imported crude is happening in Nigeria.

Y are you replying that bitter soul. He doesn't believe dangote refinery will work, to him it's media propaganda. David Hundeyin has damaged their thinking faculty, despite hundreds of journalists are visiting the refinery everyday they don't bliv.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 6:19pm On Jan 30
Increase in revenue is what I am after in brew stocks and other blue chip stocks.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2024/01/29/guinness-reports-strong-performance-with-20-increase-in-revenue

Profit will come when it is time and shareholders go rejoice again
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 6:21pm On Jan 30

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 6:22pm On Jan 30
Dupeodus:

Russian crude is heavy crude. The closest to the Nigerian light crude that the Dangote Refinery is built for is American crude.

That's not entirely accurate. Russia actually has several grades of crude oil, including Urals Blend (medium-sour), Siberian Light (light), and even heavier crudes, depending on the location. Given Russia's vast geography, the oil properties can vary widely.

Then, there are closer alternatives for light crude, such as Angola, Libya and even Congo. So Dangote Refinery potentially looking to the US for oil seems to be more of a political decision rather than one based on necessity or convenience. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Owoblowblow: 6:28pm On Jan 30
mendes911:

You just dey find wahala up and down, "let investors breathe". Throwing of stones is around the corner and your head won't be safe!

Honestly, this alba the vex me self. He is currently view of the market is too negative for my liking. I wish he can behave like Agba and keep quiet for a bit.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 7:08pm On Jan 30
Owoblowblow:

Honestly, this alba the vex me self. He is currently view of the market is too negative for my liking. I wish he can behave like Agba and keep quiet for a bit.

But negative sentiments should be a welcomed development to all. Investors get to purchase more of their favorite at a discount and traders get to cycle another round. One just needs to learn how to weather both the positive and negative periods.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 7:10pm On Jan 30
Streetinvestor2:
You wan start fight abi.Then them go say na because red show today for market. We na normal thing to they fight for street. That is how to survive in it.

On another note why should I worry about the market now if my major holdings which is u cap is BE #1 uba BE #8 wapco BE #18 sugar #27 transcorp #2
Afolabi units in zenith #18,gtb #24,Access #17.
The only bad guy na I B #5.50

No worries at all. In Agba's voice "You will get to top up at that price range". grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 7:17pm On Jan 30
mendes911:

But negative sentiments should be a welcomed development to all. Investors get to purchase more of their favorite at a discount and traders get to cycle another round. One just needs to learn how to weather both the positive and negative periods.
Be calming down it is allowed. That is why I don't believe TA but various opinions should be allowed just like that lady whose own was on spiritual/revaluation.

Just like my street /faith tells me I will hammer like never this yr mostly in this nse.I can't wait to join the billionaires club, lol
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 7:19pm On Jan 30
mendes911:

No worries at all. In Agba's voice "You will get to top up at that price range". grin grin
Nobi juju be that.uba #8 and zenith 18 and sugar 27.No wahala.I strongly believe in miracles

Pls ask oga agba can he make Dan cement #150 and seplet #600.i go ever dey grateful to him
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aj8(m): 7:33pm On Jan 30
Common sense target for Veritas Kapital Assurance is N1.20. Good buy at current price of 0.55.

0.31 x 4 =1.24

Target Range N1.24-N1.55

Better still if they pay a dividend of 5-7 k in which case could target upper range.

Please do your DD.

Even with RED across board, EPS is King. Stocks hardly fall below EPS x 4. That’s the beauty of the strategy. Any one significantly below that is a BUY. Just Common Sense.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 7:39pm On Jan 30
Streetinvestor2:
Nobi juju be that.uba #8 and zenith 18 and sugar 27.No wahala.I strongly believe in miracles

Pls ask oga agba can he make Dan cement #150 and seplet #600.i go ever dey grateful to him

Never Say Never!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Shalom428: 7:40pm On Jan 30
Agba is trending... Lol

No need for any panic especially if you are in a stock with solid fundamentals. Bear is part of the game.

Whatever goes up must come down, reset , then go up again and the cycle continues. Wealth must exchange hands.

No need for any panic. All I see is opportunities

Follow The Money

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aj8(m): 7:40pm On Jan 30
Prices are pushed up by first value, then sentiments and lastly stupidity driven by ignorance or greed.

Common Sense Strategy. keeps it simple.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 7:41pm On Jan 30
aj8:
Common sense target for Veritas Kapital Assurance is N1.20. Good buy at current price of 0.55.

0.31 x 4 =1.24

Target Range N1.24-N1.55

Better still if they pay a dividend of 5-7 k in which case could target upper range.

Please do your DD.

Even with RED across board, EPS is King. Stocks hardly fall below EPS x 4. That’s the beauty of the strategy. Any one significantly below that is a BUY. Just Common Sense.

Nice one from this one.it is a goal. Most insurance will cross #1.00 after results. I mean the living ones not the dead among the living oh

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Laso09: 7:44pm On Jan 30
aj8:

0.31 x 4 =1.24

Target Range N1.24-N1.55

Please do your DD.

Why did you multiply 0.31 by 4.
Is the 0.31 not for the whole year?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 7:45pm On Jan 30
mendes911:

Never Say Never!
Not for me.Some are never. It is only when I see Dan cement and seplet on those prices I will believe
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 7:51pm On Jan 30
aj8:

0.31 x 4 =1.24

Target Range N1.24-N1.55

Better still if they pay a dividend of 5-7 k in which case could target upper range. Do you apply this in all sectors or just insurance sector because I don't see it applicable in banks and building materials

Please do your DD.

is this applicable to just insurance sector. I don't see it working for banking and big conglomerates into building materials and others
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aj8(m): 7:56pm On Jan 30
Laso09:

Why did you multiply 0.31 by 4.
Is the 0.31 not for the whole year?

Yes.

You may need to read through my earlier posts to get a hang of the strategy. The figure is derived historically from over the years studying the NSE / NGX stock price behavior. It harbors our average collective investment goals of at least a 25% return on investment. This is largely the case except when in an unforeseen economic recession/ mayhem.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aj8(m): 8:11pm On Jan 30
Streetinvestor2:
is this applicable to just insurance sector. I don't see it working for banking and big conglomerates into building materials and others

Read my earlier posts

True for most sectors under Main Board and Premium. The common goal of investing is to make money. For Growth stocks also read how I modify it slightly. However if dividend payment is poor aim for 75% of the target. The companies with massive FDI will rise well above this target so even more rewarding getting in before foreign interest still using the rule. I don’t buy into any company except it’s “ on sale” way below estimated/actual FY x4 . However not all companies flashing a sudden fantastic EPS is investable. It still must demonstrate that the earning is organic, driven by fundamentals and sound restructuring or a drive on a business model that would guarantee sustainability going forward.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Hustle1: 8:12pm On Jan 30
Hustle1:

Thank you!

I know UACN will moove, just want to know when the complete cycle will start.....
I think UACN will follow the way of PZ that moved from N6 to N32 in two years.

...Management, People, Investments, now the results all have changed just now looking to see how well their costs have been managed in Q4 results and going forward....

This is probably the last time UACN will end the year below N50 share price grin grin ......

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 8:22pm On Jan 30
NGX continues bullish momentum as ASI gains 2.22%, hits 104,674.67

https://nairametrics.com/2024/01/29/ngx-continues-bullish-momentum-as-asi-gains-2-22-hits-104674-67/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 8:42pm On Jan 30
Locotrader:

and I said A
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 9:10pm On Jan 30
grin grin

Streetinvestor2:

Pls ask oga agba can he make Dan cement #150 and seplet #600. i go ever dey grateful to him
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mankind2024: 9:23pm On Jan 30
Fact: it is difficult to time the Market.
We know the bear would come but noone knows the hour,the day, the date, the month and the exact time.
It was bullish at the opening of the market today before the massive sell off of volatile, ant-devaluation, and anti-inflation assets.
The equity market is a place where wealth is transferred from the impatient to the patient investors.
The intrinsic characteristic of the equity market is volatility.
There is no cause for a false alarm yet.
What the market shows us today is volatility, the same market that returned 37.75% YTD shed 1.49%.
Who are the sellers?
It has been shown that the institutional portfolio's investors are always the first to ring the panic buttons, they have nothing to loose.
For the record,
A bear market is a period of prolonged downward trend in investment prices, typically defined as a decline of 20% or more from recent highs. It's the opposite of a bull market, where prices steadily rise. Here are some key points about bear markets:
Definition:
While 20% is a common benchmark, a bear market can also be characterized by widespread pessimism and negative investor sentiment.
It can affect an entire market , or individual securities listed in an exchange.
The decline usually lasts for at least two months, and on average, a bear market lasts about 10 months.
Causes:
Various factors can trigger a bear market, including:
Economic recessions: When economic activity slows down significantly, it can lead to decreased corporate profits and consumer spending, negatively impacting stock prices.
Interest rate hikes: Central banks raising interest rates can make borrowing more expensive and slow down economic growth, potentially triggering a bear market.
Geopolitical events: Events like wars, natural disasters, or political instability can create uncertainty and risk aversion in the market, leading to price declines.
Asset bubbles: When asset prices become inflated due to excessive speculation, a correction can eventually burst the bubble, resulting in a bear market.
Impact:
Bear markets can cause significant financial losses for investors, especially those heavily invested in risky assets.
They can also lead to job losses and decreased economic activity as businesses cut costs and consumers tighten their spending.
However, they can also offer long-term buying opportunities as depressed prices can present attractive entry points for future growth.
Remember:
Bear markets are a normal part of the economic cycle, and they always eventually give way to bull markets.
It's important to maintain a long-term perspective and not panic during market downturns. This is the best time for patient investor to accumulate and build a generational wealth.
A diverse and well-balanced portfolio can help mitigate the risks of a bear market.
NEVER RUN AWAY WHEN CUSTOM STREET IS BLOODY.
RED DAYS, VOLATILE DAYS ARE HERE, IT WOULDN'T LAST LONG. THE MARKET WILL RISE AGAIN.
SHARPEN YOUR CUTLASS, BUY, BUY, BUY.
THIS A POLITICAL VOLATILITY. THE CBN CLEARED 2 YEARS OF UNPAID FOREX, THE SABOTEURS, THE ANTI NIGERUA DESCENDS ON THE MARKET TO CAUSE A PANIC THAT GOT NO ORIGIN. THE ENEMIES ARE FIGHTING HARD.
NAIRA WAS BEING HOARDED.
ARTIFICIAL SCARCITY OF FOREX, and the $US IS THE ORDER OF THE DAY.
BANDITS, UNKNOWN GUNMEN, DEVALUATION AND INFLATION MIGHT BE THE UNDERLYING RISK FACTORS FOR TODAY'S VOLATILE MARKET.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 9:27pm On Jan 30
mendes911:
And Sis Mcy number of posts in a given day will tell me what the market is like without me looking at prices. #Heels!
Hhmmm. It's well.
Compliment of the season boss. cool
Nice seeing that the Ogas are still very much on this forum.
Hope you come in peace and not in vawulence... smiley

Today's red is not the normal bear, but dumping due to unfavourable news. Bear doesn't move in sharp contrast and cut across all sectors like this ....in my newbie's opinion (except on rare cases like that of COVID).
Hopefully, the trend will stabilize soonest before the week runs out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 9:30pm On Jan 30
@Mankind2024
You're welcome back.
Good to have you back on this thread. cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7547) (7548) (7549) (7550) (7551) (7552) (7553) ... (7781) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: SMA50, me3000(m), Ginalex(f), Utalinmou, Palomadove, unite4real, Willie2015, aj8(m), femu(m), ndept, yeddy99 and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.