Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,977 members, 7,814,325 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7552) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10859019 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7549) (7550) (7551) (7552) (7553) (7554) (7555) ... (7747) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Boshins: 7:25am On Jan 31
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 7:38am On Jan 31
BullBearMkt:
I LAUGH READING ABOUT MARKET TIMING! cheesy
Can you really time the market? Yes, to some extent. Stock markets, especially those with various measuring tools, can be predicted to a certain degree, but not with absolute precision. If you're expecting to pinpoint the exact hour, minute, or second etc., I'm afraid what you are searching for is nothing but insider manipulation.

Over the years, technical analysts have developed numerous tools to help assess the stock market, figure out when to buy or sell, gauge risk-on and risk-off sentiments, and one of these tools is market breadth.

Just last week, some of us here on this forum raised a warning flag about the possibility of NSE ASI experiencing a dip (refer to posts on 20/01/2024), suggesting that we prepare for a buying opportunity. The fact that it didn't happen right away doesn't necessarily mean the timing was incorrect; it simply calls for caution, as all indicators are hinting at an impending dip.

Furthermore, there's no sign of a bear market in NSE; the market is currently taking a pause and is likely to resume its bullish trend in the next few days.

PLAN YOUR TRADES AND TRADE YOUR PLANS
grin grin grin grin grin

Quite succinctly put
Where I defer is that bull don end
What remains is gbelo gbebo alias Janet
Make una go home abi una no get house ni grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thebargainhunte: 7:51am On Jan 31
emmanuelewumi:
Transcorp EPS grew by 195%. It has a return on equity of about 19% which is quite good.

I expect between 60% to 100% earning growth in 2024 for Transcorp.

Based on the current price of the stock at recently released EPS of 56k. Transcorp has a PE of 26.

Transcorp is still very good to accumulate for the long term and N11 and below
I think return on equity is about 18%
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 7:57am On Jan 31
Agbalowomeri:

Quite succinctly put
Where I defer is that bull don end
What remains is gbelo gbebo alias Janet
Make una go home abi una no get house ni grin
...medium- to long-term bulls remain intact. So also the short-term bull.
So, why you want make we go home? No for NSE we go stay put!
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 8:03am On Jan 31
BullBearMkt:

...medium- to long-term bulls remain intact. So also the short-term bull.
So, why you want make we go home? No for NSE we go stay put!
grin grin grin grin grin

Dey watch as short term go breach Ichimoku, followed by medium and long grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 8:07am On Jan 31
Agbalowomeri:

Dey watch as short term go breach Ichimoku, followed by medium and long grin
Short-term likely, but medium to long terms doubtful
grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 8:11am On Jan 31
Hustle1:

The full year result is very good considering the business environment!!!

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/40234_UAC__OF_NIGERIA_PLC.-_YEAR_END_-_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FOR_2023_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_JANUARY_2024.pdf

The new product launched were not yet contributing.... The swan water plant 3x expansion started this January plus other investments and people

Make we dive in ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ekkywolex(m): 8:15am On Jan 31

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 8:16am On Jan 31
Hustle1:

The full year result is very good considering the business environment!!!

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/40234_UAC__OF_NIGERIA_PLC.-_YEAR_END_-_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FOR_2023_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_JANUARY_2024.pdf

The new product launched were not yet contributing.... The swan water plant 3x expansion started this January plus other investments and people
I noticed though that eps for q4 (oct-dec) is poor. Very poor when compared with q3 (july-sept) eps
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:29am On Jan 31
thebargainhunte:
I think return on equity is about 18%

Sorry I did a mental math, a calculator would have give the correct figure

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Frangel: 8:30am On Jan 31
Hustle1:

This is probably the last time UACN will end the year below N50 share price grin grin ......

Please note that the very impressive numbers is largely as a result of profit from sale of PPE. Note 5.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by CeeJeckydivah: 8:44am On Jan 31
Good morning, how can i buy shares and sell them to get cash in meritrade Nigeria?
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 8:44am On Jan 31
pizapato:

Oga dey try calm down. The bolded is unnecessary.

The information about the exchange rate following the adoption of new method of pricing in the NAFEX is freely available online.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-01-30/usd-ngn-naira-devaluation-sees-nigeria-s-currency-plunge-to-record?cmpid%3
Till you post the government official announcement of devaluation. Any other thing na stories. What was the lowest naira traded yesterday on that window. Why are you guys quick to post the highest. Abi people did not buy at the lowest for the day

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 8:49am On Jan 31
SonofElElyonRet:

Please help with etranzact eps for q3 2023
Can't figure it out

I used final result profit divided by shares to arrive at N1.27k eps but i think it's before tax. After tax profit wasn't stated... looks good when compared with share price...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 8:58am On Jan 31
SonofElElyonRet:

I used final result profit divided by shares to arrive at N1.27k eps but i think it's before tax. After tax profit wasn't stated... looks good when compared with share price...

post the result link bro
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 9:04am On Jan 31
currentprice:

post the result link bro

Posted by someone here. I got it in a recent post. Check. Kindly let me know your thoughts after you check.. I asked you earlier
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 9:06am On Jan 31
currentprice:

post the result link bro

Posted by someone here. I got it in a recent post. Check. Kindly let me know your thoughts after you check.. I asked you earlier
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 9:08am On Jan 31
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 9:13am On Jan 31
SonofElElyonRet:

E-Tranzact eps should be 26k
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 9:19am On Jan 31
kolaish:
E-Tranzact eps should be 26k

You are right. Just recalculated.. I initially used the wrong figure of total of share capital, premium etc.. apologies
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 9:20am On Jan 31
currentprice:

post the result link bro

26k eps.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 9:46am On Jan 31
grin

thebargainhunte:

The transcorp power segment continues to be the engine power of transcorp plc. Figures from them beat Geregu hands down. Imagine having a revenue of #151 billion against Geregu #82 billion and a profit before taxation of #50 billion against #24 billion. If not due to excessive os, transcorp plc should not be trading below #100. Their result is awesome.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 9:53am On Jan 31
Locotrader:

Currentprice is not active like us who are here 24/7.He will only show up when his forecast materializes or having effect on the market.if the market becomes very bullish again tomorrow,you will not see him here.I learnt his FA and TA te-teh.

I am not a daily/weekly stock traders na. neither do I have interest in Monkey hunting, once I identify my key stock i give d alert and load my account. next is to come and be catching fun once a while like my oga Agba.

those that stoning Agba are either new here or doesn't care to pay attention to his post like i use . I have gain alot from his post here and I think have seen oga Emma pick from one of his theory too as i have been seeing him alot of time using ROE with BV on his analysis recently

so make u na look beyond his woman kind of post all na fun. Agba is a kind of VERY busy research man 9-5 job, I dont think Agba like woman to that extend

grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 9:55am On Jan 31
@ all. It is no gainsaying that most of the tier one banks may likely report huge earnings due to forex gains. Banks like UBA may report +N15 eps. Same with Zenith and GTB. One crucial question I am yet to see being discussed is: what becomes of the huge earning that is earned by majority of banks taking into consideration that the CBN instructed them not to pay dividend from forex gains.

Will the banks go out of the way to pay dividends from the forex gains or keep the forex gains in their retained earnings or invest it in other instruments like bonds etc? The answer to this question may shape the directions of banks earning in 2024 and market directions in coming weeks.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 10:02am On Jan 31
CeeJeckydivah:
Good morning, how can i buy shares and sell them to get cash in meritrade Nigeria?
Thanks

Are you new to trading or is it just meritrade you are new to?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 10:03am On Jan 31
emmanuelewumi:

Sorry I did a mental math, a calculator would have give the correct figure

I just love your humility
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 10:07am On Jan 31
My MTN...

No gree for anybody....

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mankind2024: 10:13am On Jan 31
KarlTom:
grin

Tony has always emphasize that Transcorp plc would grow organically and reward investors in due time.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aj8(m): 10:13am On Jan 31
SAK:
I am also surprised with the calculation,why multiplying by 4 again ,when the unaudited result is for the whole year??

Why did you multiply 0.31 by 4.
Is the 0.31 not for the whole year?

Read my earlier post my brother. Meanwhile the company is on full bid. And shouldn’t rest till it crosses EPS X4 .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aj8(m): 10:19am On Jan 31
Laso09:

I have read your earlier posts on this.
What you normally do is to multiply the best quarter earnings(eps) by 4 but in this case you are multiplying the full year eps by 4.

Quarterly x4 and x4 again.

Check it again.
First 4 is to derive the est FY. But with FY just x4
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 10:21am On Jan 31
TRANSCORP responding positively to good result.....
So also some insurance stock...... Cornerstone, Universal Insure....
Let's see those who'll be joining .......

OANDO on its own level.......more bargainers as at now with fee offers........
Let's see if it's too early to make this call....

* That's how it's supposed to be around this time.......market responding positively to good results, not one artificial bear from nowhere..... lipsrsealed

*Bear go come, but not expected around now........should be more of selective bear for now*

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 10:23am On Jan 31
This is the market that will crash after results. Let me see the crash how e go take happen. Transcorp will not see single digit price again.And many more good results and dividend coming. You think this billionaires will give room for hustle take over because of cheapness of thr company shares. Or will want to crash on the billionaires list.Follow the money forget TA.let me see rabiu shares crash with even poor dividend and transcorp hotel

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7549) (7550) (7551) (7552) (7553) (7554) (7555) ... (7747) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: mails4funshi(m), Princkez, Palomadove, STOjo, Mfunkynation(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.