Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,164 members, 7,835,900 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7563) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10970123 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7560) (7561) (7562) (7563) (7564) (7565) (7566) ... (7781) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 1:45pm On Feb 01
edwardaigb:
God save who dey buy yeye stocks.
...with good planning and patience, that 'yeye' stocks might transform into hidden gems!
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 1:45pm On Feb 01
Streetinvestor2:
lwkd.i was believing additional thing to push it up to #20.00 from 2023 results.

Oboy you too greedy ooo
No wonder you are still holding Transcorp and ucap right from the days of #1 till date.

But come ooooh, that chams result get as e be oooo.But na fintech stock sha.They don already map destination for it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:46pm On Feb 01
stcool:
This one everybody is putting hope on Dangote Foods, I hope the results don't dissapoint based on the current price. I am also holding this stock, but i hate over expectations. We all know why BUA is rising, which is due to free float.

What happens if FX affects the PAT for Dangote foods

Don't expect an exceptional result from Dangote Sugar.

The catalysts for the current interest in the stock are the merger and the current price of the stock when compared to another operator in the industry

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vacanci: 1:57pm On Feb 01
stcool:
This one everybody is putting hope on Dangote Foods, I hope the results don't dissapoint based on the current price. I am also holding this stock, but i hate over expectations. We all know why BUA is rising, which is due to free float.

What happens if FX affects the PAT for Dangote foods

cadbury dey suffer huge loss, yet it's still attractive to investors.
as stocks are turning green today, cadbury follow turn green.
how much more Dangote Food. The name alone is attractive. Look at how Otedola is causing disruptions everywhere.
First bank through otedola will soon stake in dangote food and when that starts, price will pump to the moon.

Otedola will one day invest in dangote food project. They are friends with benefits.

our own na to follow who know road

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vacanci: 2:04pm On Feb 01
BullBearMkt:

...with good planning and patience, that 'yeye' stocks might transform into hidden gems!
grin grin grin grin grin

some are not even yeye stocks but u get trapped.

Look at transcorp hotel. It has been on full offer since yesterday, yet bids are not coming. total value today so far is N350k for a company with a market cap of N1 Trillion naira.

the company no be yeye but the market cap na yeye
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 2:04pm On Feb 01
Well noted.

emmanuelewumi:

Don't expect an exceptional result from Dangote Sugar.

The catalysts for the current interest in the stock are the merger and the current price of the stock when compared to another operator in the industry
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 2:06pm On Feb 01
Locotrader:

Oboy you too greedy ooo
No wonder you are still holding Transcorp and ucap right from the days of #1 till date.

But come ooooh, that chams result get as e be oooo.But na fintech stock sha.They don already map destination for it.
You are right to let go for some stock dey hard me.And since I can't time the market. I dey fear make I no fit buy back.it happened in Dan cement..And late last year it has happened in acces.i sold plenty access at 17.30..Though I would have sold transcorp when I mentioned it to mercy.

I never even see my cham results...sha na like 5 yrs I get for mind. My target 20m units for minimum of #10 then
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 2:10pm On Feb 01
vacanci:

Look at transcorp hotel. It has been on full offer since yesterday, yet bids are not coming. total value today so far is N350k for a company with a market cap of N1 Trillion naira.

Stock wet jumped from #8 to #100 within 2 months.Which other value I want if the stock no gbe body for the next 2 years?

Na to comot my money look for another stock wey never get better value enter.....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 2:17pm On Feb 01
Streetinvestor2:
You are right to let go for some stock dey hard me.And since I can't time the market. I dey fear make I no fit buy back.it happened in Dan cement..And late last year it has happened in acces.i sold plenty access at 17.30..Though I would have sold transcorp when I mentioned it to mercy.

I never even see my cham results...sha na like 5 yrs I get for mind. My target 20m units for minimum of #10 then

I wake up 2am in the night and open chams result.i expected double digit numbers based on how we don hail them.But sha hope dey for Q1

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vacanci: 2:18pm On Feb 01
TIP finally no disappoint today. 10% moved already. I bought at full offer and now its on full bid

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 2:20pm On Feb 01
Sir Loco wan kill me with laugh...the thing shock you from N1 till date grin grin grin

Locotrader:

Oboy you too greedy ooo

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:23pm On Feb 01
vacanci:

It is not normal to be a N1 Trillion market capitalization business without making N1 Trillion in revenue, the worst case scenario it should be making N500 billion revenue.

Flour Mills sef wey dey do N1.5 Trillion annual revenue, the market capitalization never reach N400 billion.

Flour Mills need to awaken the giant within, that ought to be a N2 Trillion market capitalization business

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 2:26pm On Feb 01
emmanuelewumi:

It is not normal to be a N1 Trillion market capitalization business without making N1 Trillion in revenue, the worst case scenario it should be making N500 billion revenue.

Flour Mills sef wey dey do N1.5 Trillion annual revenue, the market capitalization never reach N400 billion.

Flour Mills need to awaken the giant within, that ought to be a N2 Trillion market capitalization business

Like Flour mill like NB.Sleeping giants
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 2:29pm On Feb 01
vacanci:
TIP finally no disappoint today. 10% moved already. I bought at full offer and now its on full bid

Old woman dey dance only the dance she understands well.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 2:33pm On Feb 01
Some banks never release unaudited results.
Some brewery stocks like NB and champion same thing.
Even if na bomb, make them release.Market don already punish their prices already.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by iHaveMadeiT2: 2:34pm On Feb 01
vacanci:
See cool 20% gain just like that
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vacanci: 2:35pm On Feb 01
emmanuelewumi:

honestly speaking. Transcorp Hotel revenue is around 40B naira. its a far cry from their market cap

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 2:37pm On Feb 01
iHaveMadeiT2:

See cool 20% gain just like that

Even Transcorp
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 2:45pm On Feb 01
stcool:
Sir Loco wan kill me with laugh...the thing shock you from N1 till date grin grin grin

Nobi my fault oh.you wan sell something way you buy #1.00 .The next thing the company say dey wan pay you #1.50 .Na so I become greedy. Now I dey see the shares like house way I build. And every Yr the tenants dey pay me rent way pass the money I used in building it.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 3:16pm On Feb 01
Who is with me on this yeye decision. Since I started stock market,I have never sold any stock below the price I bought it.what I do is
1.If I believe in the company,I average down till I sell later at above BE
2.The shares remain thr till the company closes shop like Union homes,and many insurance companies. That is why I no like insurance companies. They do me saga in this regard
3Then some stay till they delist or another guy buys them over.it happened to Dan flour. I was with it from alhaji to tiger brand and back to alhaji. Then finally olem..Luckily all delisting has been above my BE.Adova oil and gsk
4The remaining is just thr in my portfolio. I just sold japaul. I am waiting for tantalizer, abc to go above my purchase price

I know I have lost time value of money but I no dey gree sell at loss

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 3:22pm On Feb 01
Truely, market has a mind of its own. Just imagine someone after yesterday's 10 10 loss, deciding to cut his loss by selling early this morning, only to realise that the same stock made maximum gain at the end of the day. Hmmm

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 3:23pm On Feb 01
Streetinvestor2:
Who is with me on this yeye decision. Since I started stock market,I have never sold any stock below the price I bought it.what I do is
2.The shares remain thr till the company closes shop like Union homes,and many insurance companies. That is why I no like insurance companies. They do me saga in this regard
3Then some stay till they delist or another guy buys them over.it happened to Dan flour. I was with it from alhaji to tiger brand and back to alhaji. Then finally olem..Luckily all delisting has been above my BE.Adova oil and gsk
4The remaining is just thr in my portfolio. I just sold japaul. I am waiting for tantalizer, abc to go above my purchase price

I am growing up to be like you.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 3:25pm On Feb 01
Mpeace:
Truely, market has a mind of its own. Just imagine someone after yesterday's 10 10 loss, deciding to cut his loss by selling early this morning, only to realise that the same stock made maximum gain at the end of the day. Hmmm

Plenty did it this morning.
Na only God know wetin dey their mind now.
If they wan buy back, brokers fees+10% upside+ not sure of getting it on full bid

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mankind2024: 3:26pm On Feb 01
BullBearMkt:

grin grin grin grin grin

In reality, what people call yeye stock is Value Trapped.
The value might be unveiled at the right time.
For patient self investors, Time is of essence.
Things can only get better for NGX, corporate governance is improving across boards.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 3:32pm On Feb 01
Mankind2024:

Things can only get better for NGX, corporate governance is improving across boards.

My man welcome.
You no wan flash torch on what I asked you yesterday?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 3:32pm On Feb 01
Locotrader:

I am growing up to be like you.
why u dey laugh me,lol.i no dey do any loss with my own hand.My mind no dey gree me
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 3:34pm On Feb 01
Mankind2024:

Na such stocks dey give 1000%.
They still plenty now.Just small improvement on numbers and corporate governance, we will fish them out for our own good.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 3:37pm On Feb 01
Catalyst for today's market reaction:
CBN removes exchange rate cap for International Money Transfer Operators
https://nairametrics.com/2024/01/31/cbn-removes-exchange-rate-cap-for-international-money-transfer-operators/
grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 3:38pm On Feb 01
Mankind2024:

...absolutely correct sir!
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vacanci: 3:42pm On Feb 01
Mpeace:

sad part is the buyer would go ahead and do 20% off the stock bought from the seller at the end of the day.

E get how e dey take pain person
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jaybee3(m): 4:17pm On Feb 01
Streetinvestor2:

I guess this only works if you have a diversified portfolio. It's a responsible decision to constantly risk assess your portfolio using the usual investment metrics. Counting your loss should also be an option even if it's the last option

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 4:37pm On Feb 01
BullBearMkt:
Catalyst for today's market reaction:
CBN removes exchange rate cap for International Money Transfer Operators
https://nairametrics.com/2024/01/31/cbn-removes-exchange-rate-cap-for-international-money-transfer-operators/
grin grin grin grin grin

This could create a big mess. Based on current economic and social condition of the country it could lead to steady continued devaluation, except economic and social conditions improve to make Nigeria attractive for both Nigerians and Foreigners. This policy on its own has a tendency to worsen things as people run towards perceived consistency. However, if security (a social condition) improves this policy could make some economic activities attractive, especially those that substitute imported goods or are involved in exports from Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7560) (7561) (7562) (7563) (7564) (7565) (7566) ... (7781) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: oludy, ixyi(m), Excellent7(m), unite4real, emmasoft(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.