Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,146 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7589) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10858375 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7586) (7587) (7588) (7589) (7590) (7591) (7592) ... (7747) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 7:21am On Feb 08
Locotrader:
Calm down let capital market prevail
https://nairametrics.com/2024/02/07/nigerian-treasury-bills-rate-jumps-to-19-per-annum-as-cbn-targets-exchange-rate-stability/
Funds still entering the market despite the TB rate that many are shouting about.

DANGSUGAR for instance, if anyone follows the activities there yesterday, he'll notice that the more some investors probably in profit were selling, the more people were making use of the opportunity to buy.
- It went all the way to -10% at some point and quickly went back up to close @75+ again.
- Huge funds still entered GTCO, FBNH and some other stocks despite the sell off witnessed generally, and quite some stocks still gain at COB.
- Guess, this is the type of opportunity some bargainers may have been waiting for.
- No one should see his/her own investment plan as the best at any given time.....if they go, they'll still rush back again.
- Each should follow what works best for him/herself.
- Anyone moving to TB, good luck to them. They shouldn't make those in the market look like they don't know what they're doing.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 7:41am On Feb 08
grin

yMcy56:

Funds still entering the market despite the TB rate that many are shouting about.

DANGSUGAR for instance, if anyone follows the activities there yesterday, he'll notice that the more some investors probably in profit were selling, the more people were making use of the opportunity to buy.
- It went all the way to -10% at some point and quickly went back up to close @75+ again.
- Huge funds still entered GTCO, FBNH and some other stocks despite the sell off witnessed generally, and quite some stocks still gain at COB.
- Guess, this is the type of opportunity some bargainers mY have been waiting for.
- No one should see his/her own investment plan as the best at any given time.....if they go, they'll still rush back again.
- Anyone moving to TB, good luck to them. They shouldn't make those in the market look like they don't know what they're doing.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 7:42am On Feb 08
I believe that there is more than enough funds to service both the equity markets and the discount instruments market.

After all we have bids that are yet to be matched to offers and we have people with cash waiting for suitable offers wink

For a few, 18/19% p.a. seems too irresistible to be overlooked... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Jerekre(m): 7:44am On Feb 08
yMcy56:

Go and try Morgan Capital Securities Limited
Seems people have been complaining about Meritrade here.
Send me PM so I can give you someone's number who is knowledgeable in that area and can assist you.
You go treat am well after everything is sorted ooo, no be only thank you he go chop. grin
Aside stocks can you get bonds from Morgan? What is their commission, is it still 0.5%? Are they still charging ₦‎2,500 for yearly use of trading software?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Capitas7: 7:49am On Feb 08
As the increasing rates on fixed income vehicles continue to pose a threat to the stock market, it occured to me that FGN bonds, T- bills, MMF are not a reasonable option to Nigerians whose primary transactions are in foreign currencies, and so their funds will either remain idle or in the market. This is not a dollar-naira e-argument. The massive brain drain in the last one or two decades has seen many Nigerians earning and spending in hard currencies. Yesterday's "leaders of tomorrow" - the present day youth - continue to japa, and the ones remaining continue to assess their financial worths in those currencies too. As long as quality education now requires gadgets, reagents for experiments, subscription to foreign learning contents, life will continue to become more expensive for the youth and children of today. What will be the cost of education, simple family-sized sedan, accommodation, etc. in three years time? Initiation of Nigerian youth in foreign lands into NGX should be on the rise, but the discouraging factors get stronger by the day.

If you are very comfortable and not bothered about the decaying state of Nigerian economy, please think about your children who are in the japa generation; think about what the value of the financial wealth you've amassed will be when they're in need of it. If you think your children would need to work hard to build their fortune from scratch, please remember the saying: there's no need to reinvent the wheel - don't set your lineage back on the path of wealth creation just because of old, rigid philosophies.

Someone once shared a post here saying many years of investing and hardwork were being eroded by instability of the currency value, and they were attacked for it. A true, sad and objective view not well-received. In the current state of things, 18% annual ROI sounds good only on paper, even if we disregard the tendency of defaulting in the near future.

Please pray for Nigeria today, everyday!

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ekkywolex(m): 8:17am On Feb 08
Streetinvestor2:
Make una no vex.how do you delete on this thread

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 8:18am On Feb 08
Streetinvestor2:
Since this policy is targeted at inflation and naira stability. If it achieves the target as short-term measure. And other policies compliments it in the long run and we have improved economy. Then how is it a minus to the stock market or bring bearish influence to the market

I have been trying to wrap my head around this policy and bear to the market. Pls I need opinions to understand the relationship of the market and this short-term policy measure on the economy

On long time bond is a different ball game if the yield becomes very high

The market is not reacting to any policies. The market is reacting to inflation and interest rates.

There is an obvious inverse relationship between rates and market performance

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 8:28am On Feb 08
Mankind2024:

Absolute truth be told, Nigerians have the shortest memory in the World.
How come this man forgot the N23T printed and looted by Buhari and his cabinet?
The gangs of Lagos were not responsible for the current economic Calamity caused by years of corruption.
Tinubu is ruling a dead 🐎 🐴 horse nation.
I repeat, Obi or Atiku would have been worse than the incumbent.
Billions of dollars 💸 💵 💲 on prosecuting insurgents iand banditry in the North, secessionists in the East
Despite the obvious years of the caterpillars and canckerworms, people thought there would be no hunger in the Land that is being reformed.
Tell the Northerners the obvious truth "THEY ARE 95% RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CURRENT HUNGER IN THE LAND "
Tinubu is trying his best, Nigeria has been warned of the present situation more than 15 years ago, when the government was told on the need for economics diversification "
No single president hearken to the warning.
Today, people are politicising everything.
Wonder shall never end.
The Hausa-Fulani elites that fleeced, looted, and ruined Nigerian economy are the one writing letters and organising politically motivated HUNGER protests across the Country.
There was protest in all the nations that institutes reform.
It is not new.
More letters to come from the people that mopped Nigeria forex and dash same to Saudi Arabia and Jerusalem, all in the name of religious pilgrimage.
Vanity of vanities.
The reality is dawning on everyone.
complete rubbish. Who brought the pmb government that printed the 23 trillion .what party is tinubu. I was not expecting equity because he didn't come with clean hand.why hasn't he gone after pmb and his gang of thieves that put the country In this mess.

Sorry to all for bringing politics here but sometimes you can't turn blind eyes when some want to play with your intelligence

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mankind2024: 8:34am On Feb 08
Capitas7:
As the increasing rates on fixed income vehicles continue to pose a threat to the stock market, it occured to me that FGN bonds, T- bills, MMF are not a reasonable option to Nigerians whose primary transactions are in foreign currencies, and so their funds will either remain idle or in the market. This is not a dollar-naira e-argument. The massive brain drain in the last one or two decades has seen many Nigerians earning and spending in hard currencies. Yesterday's "leaders of tomorrow" - the present day youth - continue to japa, and the ones remaining continue to assess their financial worths in those currencies too. As long as quality education now requires gadgets, reagents for experiments, subscription to foreign learning contents, life will continue to become more expensive for the youth and children of today. What will be the cost of education, simple family-sized sedan, accommodation, etc. in three years time? Initiation of Nigerian youth in foreign lands into NGX should be on the rise, but the discouraging factors get stronger by the day.

If you are very comfortable and not bothered about the decaying state of Nigerian economy, please think about your children who are in the japa generation; think about what the value of the financial wealth you've amassed will be when they're in need of it. If you think your children would need to work hard to build their fortune from scratch, please remember the saying: there's no need to reinvent the wheel - don't set your lineage back on the path of wealth creation just because of old, rigid philosophies.

Someone once shared a post here saying many years of investing and hardwork were being eroded by instability of the currency value, and they were attacked for it. A true, sad and objective view not well-received. In the current state of things, 18% annual ROI sounds good only on paper, even if we disregard the tendency of defaulting in the near future.

Please pray for Nigeria today, everyday!

To succeed in Nigeria, focus on your goals, pursue it with unmatchable self determination.
There can't be mass prosperity in Nigeria, rather individual and self prosperity.
As people are crying of Ebu n pawa, many are increasing their networth.
If you are not comfortable with NGX and the slumping Naira, exploit the virtual reality of global one World investment opportunity.
You can live in Nigeria and invest comfortably in NYSE, LSE and others.
There would always be the poor in the Land.
To reform a nation for economic prosperity, comes with lot of deep pain.
The root cause of the current hardship and problem is the cumulative years of poor corporate and public governance.
To safe the future ,the current measures are necessary.
Nothing like policy somersault, the government know where they are going, the reward is approaching..
Let us patronise made in Nigeria.
Invest in Nigeria.
Government should stop funding pilgrimages.
Enough of prayer for Nigeria. The 2 most prayerful nations on 🌎 earth are ironically the 2 poorest nations and World headquarters of poverty. (Nigeria and Afghanistan)
The money sunk in Building churches and mosques in Nigeria is enough to industrialised the whole of Africa.
China and India majority worship idols, still they are prospering yearly.
Life is all about reality.
The Hausa-Fulani elites dollarised and weaponised the dollar, causing artificial scarcity, fueled by forces of demand and supply.
They started Boko Haram which is costing Nigeria billions of borrowed funds.
The problem in the East is an additional burden on the dead horse 🐎 nation handed to EMILOKAN.
The 8 years of borrowing and printing of NGN23T was what got us into the current predicament.
NGX shall rise and birth many multi millionaires among NSEMPA members. This platform is a gateway of financial freedom for self investors.
Motivation, encouragement, support and debating on current investment news is never lacking.
Our market is still good for both investors and traders.
NGX here we come.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mankind2024: 8:39am On Feb 08
Streetinvestor2:
complete rubbish. Who brought the pmb government that printed the 23 trillion .what party is tinubu. I was not expecting equity because he didn't come with clean hand.why hasn't he gone after pmb and his gang of thieves that put the country In this mess.

Sorry to all for bringing politics here but sometimes you can't turn blind eyes when some want to play with your intelligence
Did Buhari go after gej?
Did gej go after Yaradua?
Did Yaradua go after Obasanjo?
Did Obasanjo go after Abubakar?
Did Abubakar go after Abacha?
Did Abacha go after Babangida?
You will go after predecessors tirelessly without any evidence.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 8:50am On Feb 08
yMcy56:

- Guess, this is the type of opportunity some bargainers mY have been waiting for.

The fact is if CBN continues with this aggressive policy, it will only hurt the stock market more. A fund manager that has had a good run in the market from 2023 will take profit and move funds to T-bills with this good rates + stability.

Investment doesn't not care about our emotions, the CBN is interested at stabilizing the Naira and the stock market is only secondary for now.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mills55: 8:54am On Feb 08
Please you people should not derail this thread for us. The next thing you people will turn it to tribal issues here. There is politics section in Nairaland.

We have a lot of serious minded people in this thread. They visit here for a purpose.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 8:54am On Feb 08
KarlTom:
I believe that there is more than enough funds to service both the equity markets and the discount instruments market.

After all we have bids that are yet to be matched to offers and we have people with cash waiting for suitable offers wink

For a few, 18/19% p.a. seems too irresistible to be overlooked... grin

Out of about N2T that subscribed for the TB's only N1T was successfully absorbed. What happens to the remaining N1T ?
Some will surely head to the stockmarket for the higher bargains the TB's couldn't offer them. And that's why they were rejected. They wanted higher returns. And it's in the NGX they can get it.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 10:02am On Feb 08
Ding! grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 10:06am On Feb 08
PETERiCHY:
FOOD 4 THOUGHT cool

Put a frog into a vessel fill with water and start heating the water.

As the temperature of the water begins to rise, the frog adjust its body temperature accordingly.

The frog keeps adjusting its body temperature with the increasing temperature of the water. Just when the water is about to reach boiling point, the frog cannot adjust anymore.

At this point the frog decides to jump out. The frog tries to jump but it is unable to do so because it has lost all its strength in adjusting with the rising water temperature.

Very soon the frog dies.
What killed the frog?
Think about it!
I know many of us will say the boiling water.

But the truth about what killed the frog was its own inability to decide when to jump out.

We all need to adjust with people & situations, but we need to be sure when we need to adjust & when we need to move on.

There are times when we need to face the situation and take appropriate actions.

If we allow people to exploit us physically, emotionally, financially, spiritually or mentally they will continue to do so.

Let us decide when to jump!
Let's jump while we still have the strength.

*ThE OcToPuS*

SOFT REMINDER 🎗️

BARGAIN HUNTERS TAKE NOTE cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 10:15am On Feb 08
It is the time of Meyer to move.
Every stock has it's time to move.
Some said Multiverse was been manipulated and it moved from 2.90 to 22,same with Tip, Japaul.

I didn't want to mention Meyer when it was selling at 3+ but I know it's time is almost at hand.its happening now.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 10:21am On Feb 08
"Good morning house, I have not received any money from GSk. Is there any update?"
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mikeapollo: 10:24am On Feb 08
Streetinvestor2:
Oga I no enter oando like you who feels all your future is tied to oando and does not look front and back.That is why the only contribution you make here has to do with oando. No kill yourself if oando disappoints u.I said it very long ago here that the guys who went to court first are fake.And your likes brought out all kind of links to prove thr identity. Now your brains are resetting. being why should thr still be court case when they could sell higher and quietly leave..This same master at his first game.Use another group via court to make higher offer....It pays to be street credible

If this second group are real or serious. What they should be calling for now and putting all action in place, is to remove wale as ceo of oando. And you solve all problems with oando. Why hasn't nse suspended oando shares from trading for violations of its rules

Wale just pay me #20,lol

It is very myopic and childish to use what you see on this platform to assess people's investment profile. How do you know someone's whole future it tied to one stocks, just because of discussion on a forum?.
Some of us have been trading and investing in the market for more than 20 years, and have witnessed and experienced several ups and downs. What you typed shows you lack maturity in the things of the stocks market!

Some real traders and investors don't even make comments on this platform. They only come online to read peoples' posts. Someone like me only make comments on Oando because it has been topical and controversial with new developments always evolving. I have been trading and investing for more than 20 years, but you would not see my posts here. And I have been on NL for long.
So open your sense and reason beyond what you read here on NL so you can be more circumspect and measured in what you type while hiding behind the facelessness of this platform.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aj8(m): 10:26am On Feb 08
For UBA, my eyes are glued to the circled support /resistance levels (refer to chart). If earnings/dividends are good, I expect it to resume the major channel . I feel it may move to a then b maybe c if the dividend is huge and then all the way down to e through d. Just a hypothesis. Of course, movement will not be in a straight line, expected to bounce off support and resistance on its way up or down. Buying at support and sell-off at resistance seems to be the norm for now.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aj8(m): 10:37am On Feb 08
aj8:
For UBA, my eyes are glued to the circled support /resistance levels (refer to chart). If earnings/dividends are good, I expect it to resume the major channel . I feel it may move to a then b maybe c if the dividend is huge and then all the way down to e through d. Just a hypothesis. Of course, movement will not be in a straight line, expected to bounce off support and resistance on its way up or down. Buying at support and sell-off at resistance seems to be the norm for now.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 10:40am On Feb 08
mikeapollo:

It is very myopic and childish to use what you see on this platform to assess people's investment profile. How do you know someone's whole future it tied to one stocks, just because of discussion on a forum?.
Some of us have been trading and investing in the market for more than 20 years, and have witnessed and experienced several ups and downs. What you typed shows you lack maturity in the things of the stocks market!

Some real traders and investors don't even make comments on this platform. They only come online to read peoples' posts. Someone like me only make comments on Oando because it has been topical and controversial with new developments always evolving. I have been trading and investing for more than 20 years, but you would not see my posts here. And I have been on NL for long.
So open your sense and reason beyond what you read here on NL so you can be more circumspect and measured in what you type while hiding behind the facelessness of this platform.

I don sell off my oando yesterday.
I don't want to talk about oando again.
Wale doesn't listen to technical, fundamental, sentimental analysis.People in oando will make some money but oando must be delisted.At what price is what I don't know.

Pls try to reunite with streetinvestor2.
He is my good friend just like chibuking whose child was kidnap sometime ago.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zegra: 10:45am On Feb 08
Locotrader:

Wale doesn't listen to technical, fundamental, sentimental analysis.People in oando will make some money but oando must be delisted.At what price is what I don't know.

Where is Chibuking please ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 11:11am On Feb 08
Zegra:

Where is Chibuking please ?

One thing I know is he is from Rivers state.I use to like his contributions
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 11:18am On Feb 08
essentialone:
"Good morning house, I have not received any money from GSk. Is there any update?"

Contact your bank or their registrar

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 11:19am On Feb 08
Locotrader:

I don't already program my mind before I enter oando as bet.The worst case I loose 5M or gain 8 M. But wale is bent on delisting. I won't lie to my self.
All I beg of him is to consider #20 as buy out price, lol.The only person that can stop wale is the president maybe for political reason.The opposition party may use it to paint his government bad since he has a link to wale..Oando is heading below #10 again because no positive news from its end......I remain street credible.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 11:24am On Feb 08
Streetinvestor2:
I don't already program my mind before I enter oando as bet.The worst case I loose 5M or gain 8 M. But wale is bent on delisting. I won't lie to my self.
All I beg of him is to consider #20 as buy out price, lol.The only person that can stop wale is the president maybe for political reason.The opposition party may use it to paint his government bad since he has a link to wale..Oando is heading below #10 again because no positive news from its end......I remain street credible.

It wasn't easy for me to pull off yesterday.
After looking at right, left, front, back, up and down,I decided to back out of the contest and never in this life to talk or trade on oando.

I wish everyone in the boat success in all their endeavor including you my friend.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by X21: 11:25am On Feb 08
it is happening so fast

no single buyer for transcorp

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 11:29am On Feb 08
X21:
it is happening so fast

no single buyer for transcorp

The effect of 19% Tb.
Market will be back from Monday.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 11:29am On Feb 08
Locotrader:

After looking at right, left, front, back, up and down,I decided to back out of the contest and never in this life to talk or trade on oando.

I wish everyone in the boat success in all their endeavor including you my friend.
lol @ the bolded. So loco could be afraid of some stock afterall.

But I know you very well, you will still jump at Oando if you see glaring opportunity to make money there.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Shalom428: 11:34am On Feb 08
Locotrader:

Very understandable decision. Who go help you , no go stress you . Wale dey stress en shareholders too much. No dividends for several years, no significant capital appreciation even when there was a ragging bull. Delist he no gree delist, court case he keeps adjourning

Opportunities abound ... Oando Na hypertension stock. Good luck to those that want to ride it to the end.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 11:34am On Feb 08
Hmmm. Red sea.

Who wouldn't want to stash over 2000% returns on a 19% ? 😁

Project protect capital!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 11:34am On Feb 08
kolaish:
lol @ the bolded. So loco could be afraid of some stock afterall.

But I know you very well, you will still jump at Oando if you see glaring opportunity to make money there.

My brother,I can never trade on oando again except Wale is removed as the CEO.
Why should you trade on a stock one person controls?
No one has mouth to say anything even the regulatory bodies.

After reading some posts of our members yesterday,I decided to walk away.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7586) (7587) (7588) (7589) (7590) (7591) (7592) ... (7747) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.