Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:56 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7697) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10852132 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7694) (7695) (7696) (7697) (7698) (7699) (7700) ... (7743) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by freeman67: 9:10am On Apr 09
dipoolowoo:
GSK Begins Payment of N17.42 Per Share to Minority Investors
https://businesspost.ng/economy/gsk-begins-payment-of-n17-42-per-share-to-minority-investors/

NGX Group CEO Temi Popoola Emerges New CSCS Chairman
https://businesspost.ng/jobs/ngx-group-ceo-temi-popoola-emerges-new-cscs-chairman/

Unlisted Securities Market Grows 0.39% in Week 14
https://businesspost.ng/economy/unlisted-securities-market-grows-0-39-in-week-14/

Popoola Joins Ethiopian Securities Exchange Board After NGX Group Investment
https://businesspost.ng/economy/popoola-joins-ethiopian-securities-exchange-board-after-ngx-group-investment/

NNPC Owes Oil Marketers $3bn Fuel Subsidy Payments
https://businesspost.ng/economy/nnpc-owes-oil-marketers-3bn-fuel-subsidy-payments/

This first one about GSK na old news ooo. We don chop that money finish since dey wait to see if another will follow. It came as dividend 48, so this may be addition. grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 9:19am On Apr 09
9free:

Meaning all those EPS from them na audio grin.
From next year, na to begin deduct N12 from the declared full year EPS of FUGAZ and have my peace.

Negative growth all banks next year Lol
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by unite4real: 9:32am On Apr 09
thebargainhunte:

grin grin grin
Nothing o, I made a mistake.

Ok.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 10:16am On Apr 09
It's raining dividend grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 10:17am On Apr 09
Agbalowomeri:

Negative growth all banks next year Lol
Uncle Agba, mbok how do WE handle GTB from now on as them plays us KaLokolo with dividend
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 10:23am On Apr 09
Mfunkynation:

Uncle Agba, mbok how do WE handle GTB from now on as them plays us KaLokolo with dividend

I am waiting for the bottom in November πŸ˜‚
You know I like yanshπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 10:51am On Apr 09
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 11:16am On Apr 09
OANDO

The 2022 Audited Financial Statements of Oando PLC have now been finalized and approved by the Board on Monday, 8th of April 2024 and will be sent to the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria immediately for regulatory approval, prior to their release to the market. The interim results for 2023 will also be released to the market soon after the 2022 Accounts are published.

Having approved the 2022 Audited Financial Statements, the audit of the 2023 AFS has now commenced, and the Company is committed to ensuring that the 2023 AFS is published on or before July 31, 2024.

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/40881_OANDO_PLC-OANDO_PLC__CORPORATE_ACTIONS_APRIL_2024.pdf

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 11:53am On Apr 09
thebargainhunte:
FUGAZ dividend yields:

UBA-9.1%
Zenith-8.4%
Access-8%
GTB-5.9%
FBHN-
Uncle Tony really tried for dividend hunters. I think it is a great milestone for them to overtake the like of Zenith and GTB in terms of dividend yield.

Uncle Tony is indeed doing very well. He should please ensure the dividends stay up and never fall. Come September he should pay not less than 50kobo interim. Only Zenith currently exceeds UBA book value per share. That is so good.
For those who averaged down well on UBA they will start earning 100% what they invested in UBA as dividend every year.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 12:10pm On Apr 09
Flour Mills Sells N48bn Commercial Paper to Capital Market Investors
https://businesspost.ng/economy/flour-mills-sells-n48bn-commercial-paper-to-capital-market-investors/

NASD OTC Exchange Plunges 2.90% on Aradel Holdings Sell-Off
https://businesspost.ng/economy/nasd-otc-exchange-plunges-2-90-on-aradel-holdings-sell-off/

Naira Appreciates to N1,230/$1 at NAFEM, N1,220 at Black Market
https://businesspost.ng/economy/naira-appreciates-to-n1230-1-at-nafem-n1220-at-black-market/

GTCO Grows Net Profit by 218.9% in FY23, Declares N2.70 Final Dividend
https://businesspost.ng/banking/gtco-grows-net-profit-by-218-9-in-fy23-declares-n2-70-final-dividend/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Payunsin: 12:12pm On Apr 09
Oando dey give high BP yet I still have the conviction to keep accumlatin it.
The same conviction that caused the high B,p ooo.

g ote author=BabsO2 post=129344937]OANDO

The 2022 Audited Financial Statements of Oando PLC have now been finalized and approved by the Board on Monday, 8th of April 2024 and will be sent to the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria immediately for regulatory approval, prior to their release to the market. The interim results for 2023 will also be released to the market soon after the 2022 Accounts are published.

Having approved the 2022 Audited Financial Statements, the audit of the 2023 AFS has now commenced, and the Company is committed to ensuring that the 2023 AFS is published on or before July 31, 2024.

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/40881_OANDO_PLC-OANDO_PLC__CORPORATE_ACTIONS_APRIL_2024.pdf[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ibrahim505(m): 12:40pm On Apr 09
Retained earnings of Tier 1 banks in πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬ based on latest filings
Zenith N1.8 trillion
UBA N918.8 billion
Access N715 billion
First Bank N609 billion
GT N580 billion
Β© Olamide Adesina
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 1:00pm On Apr 09
Ibrahim505:
Zenith N1.8 trillion
UBA N918.8 billion
Access N715 billion
First Bank N609 billion
GT N580 billion
Β© Olamide Adesina
I wonder why gtb sells higher than zenith. Forget about the whole OS thing.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leparj(m): 1:12pm On Apr 09
Ibrahim505:
Zenith N1.8 trillion
UBA N918.8 billion
Access N715 billion
First Bank N609 billion
GT N580 billion
Β© Olamide Adesina

I see First Bank here.
Is their result also out.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by alfajohn: 1:36pm On Apr 09
Wema bank has declared 50k dividend. Please does anyone here have an idea about the rights issue and if they will be beneficiary of the declared dividend.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 1:42pm On Apr 09
Zenith 1.18 TN

Ibrahim505:
Zenith N1.8 trillion
UBA N918.8 billion
Access N715 billion
First Bank N609 billion
GT N580 billion
Β© Olamide Adesina
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 1:50pm On Apr 09
Ibrahim505:
Zenith N1.8 trillion
UBA N918.8 billion
Access N715 billion
First Bank N609 billion
GT N580 billion
Β© Olamide Adesina

You are overstating Zenith retained earnings. Zenith is not double of UBA, but above by a small amount.
The correct Numbers are
Zenith N 1.18 Trillion
UBA N 0.92 Trillion
Access N 0.72 Trillion
First Bank N 0.68 Trillion *** Unaudited Full Year numbers
GT N 0.58 Trillion
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 1:52pm On Apr 09
You just echoed my thoughts.

I've spent a couple of hours perusing the AFS of both Coys and the more I look, the less I seem to understand.

Some differing metrics:
Net interest income GTHC 436.6bn Zenith 736.1bn
PAT GTHC 539.6bn Zenith 676.9bn

Can anyone she'd come light on this?

Thank you wink

Mpeace:
I wonder why gtb sells higher than zenith. Forget about the whole OS thing.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 1:54pm On Apr 09
leparj:

I see First Bank here.
Is their result also out.

First Bank Full year Audited is not out. But the Full year unaudited was released in January.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 2:00pm On Apr 09
KarlTom:

I've spent a couple of hours perusing the AFS of both Coys and the more I look, the less I seem to understand.

Some differing metrics:

Thank you wink

Zenith has more expenses than GT. Zenith reported 8,165 employees, while GT reported 5,487 employees.
Perhaps due to more branch network.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 2:50pm On Apr 09
I think GTCO is more prudent in the management of their resources (or maybe they are stingy grin )

GTCO spent 45.097bn on employees while Zenith spent 124.415bn.
The bolded is also a factor... Zenith. 393 branches and GTCO. 235 branches.

Thanks for the input... wink

BabsO2:

Zenith has more expenses than GT. Zenith reported 8,165 employees, while GT reported 5,487 employees.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 3:08pm On Apr 09
BabsO2:

You are overstating Zenith retained earnings. Zenith is not double of UBA, but above by a small amount.
The correct Numbers are
Zenith N 1.18 Trillion
UBA N 0.92 Trillion
Access N 0.72 Trillion
First Bank N 0.68 Trillion *** Unaudited Full Year numbers
GT N 0.58 Trillion

grin grin grin grin

Let me guess, you are well-invested in UBA. When did 26 billion become a small amount? LOL

#teamzenithbank

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by unite4real: 3:35pm On Apr 09
BabsO2:

These are sentimental analysis. What about their incomes and when you factor their costs out from their incomes. We are talking about profit here. Would you choose to have less employee and post less profit than to have higher employees and post superior profits. What you should consider is what you see at the bottom line
What is the earning reports of both banks. Their EPS should be important to you as a shareholder

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 4:02pm On Apr 09
unite4real:

These are sentimental analysis. What about their incomes and when you factor their costs out from their incomes. We are talking about profit here. Would you choose to have less employee and post less profit than to have higher employees and post superior profits. What you should consider is what you see at the bottom line
What is the earning reports of both banks. Their EPS should be important to you as a shareholder

Look at the original question. The answer was address it.

I think you are imaging/answering additional questions, which is fine.
Ask your questions grin

There are various investment ratios and considerations an FA investor will calculate and ponder on.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 4:05pm On Apr 09
ositadima1:

grin grin grin grin
Let me guess, you are well-invested in UBA. When did 26 billion become a small amount? LOL

You even reduce the gap further. Thanks grin
N260b difference
That's 22% of Zeniths number. Not small shocked

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Babynerd: 4:40pm On Apr 09
BabsO2:

Uncle Tony is indeed doing very well. He should please ensure the dividends stay up and never fall. Come September he should pay not less than 50kobo interim. Only Zenith currently exceeds UBA book value per share. That is so good.
For those who averaged down well on UBA they will start earning 100% what they invested in UBA as dividend every year.

As in, I'm still shocked that l saw UBA hovering a little above N8 last year.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chipa: 5:46pm On Apr 09
Babynerd:

As in, I'm still shocked that l saw UBA hovering a little above N8 last year.
The market will reprice UBA . Even the closing price on Monday was still underpriced.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 6:08pm On Apr 09
chipa:

The market will reprice UBA . Even the closing price on Monday was still underpriced.
The market should be careful oh. Banking stocks might not maintain the same level of profit/gains.

But CBN no try sha Them for just allow banks pay us dividends anyhow they feel. 21naira eps for pay like 5naira dividend or more.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAwo(m): 6:21pm On Apr 09
KarlTom:

Some differing metrics:

Thank you wink

For banks, forget the income statement... Focus on the balance sheet... That's where the real gold is...

Compare the assets and equity of all the banks. Then look at how much profits they are generating from those assets and equity. You'll see one reason why GTCo is priced at a premium to other banks...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chipa: 6:27pm On Apr 09
Mpeace:
The market should be careful oh. Bankinhlg stocks might not maintain the same level of profit/gains.

But CBN no try shall. Them for just allow banks pay us dividends anyhow they feel. 21naira eps for pay like 5naira dividend or more.
I can feel you. As long as that revaluation which was done at 1$ to N1000 is stored in a reserve the banks will still make profit. Imagine when UBA uses their reserve for debts instrument like Treasury bill at 22% and interest on loan at 35% plus other sources of income. The CBN was trying to be cautious to prevent systemic failure but I believe this has come to stay. Watch out for their 1st quarter financial report when it will be revaluated at 1$ to N1,300. Expect more surprises from the banks. My only advice is don't sell your bank stocks until after celebrating the first quarter results.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by EDUECO(m): 6:59pm On Apr 09
N3.50 final year dividend is a good one from Zenith Bank!

I have never regretted my regular buying of Zenith Bank shares.

Mr Jim Ovia is surely the backbone of Zenith bank.😁

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 9:23pm On Apr 09

(1) (2) (3) ... (7694) (7695) (7696) (7697) (7698) (7699) (7700) ... (7743) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: unite4real, Agbalowomeri, Prince081 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.