Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,108 members, 7,849,458 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:58 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7773) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11023673 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7770) (7771) (7772) (7773) (7774) (7775) (7776) ... (7801) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 10:00am On May 15
Ding! grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 10:02am On May 15
Sadly these people don't think that way.
They want to become major stakeholders rather than receiving a minute fraction as CSR... wink

chimex38:

This business had been there for ages.. Unless probably there isn't enough CSR spread from Okomu ..
This shldnt happen..
Make dem settle. It is well
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 10:06am On May 15
DrAkpamudehe:

In Nigeria, nothing good lasts forever, yet the contemporaries of those companies in the western world are still going strong and paying good dividends till date. Smart people invest in Nigeria, but smarter people with foresight also invest internationally.

Better you live in the foreign land you want to invest in unless you are extremely wealthy to employ the services of professionals

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAkpamudehe: 10:13am On May 15
Streetinvestor2:
And you happen to be part of the smarter people with foresight. Is anyone using your money or family money to invest on nse.why are you bothered what another man does with his money. What kind of witchcraft is that

I have been watching how rude you respond to people on this thread, even when the posts are not directed to you. Boy, just watch it and don't be stuupid. I am not your mate

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sterlingD(m): 10:13am On May 15
KarlTom:
Sadly these people don't think that way.
They want to become major stakeholders rather than receiving a minute fraction as CSR... wink

The thought occurred to me. Why not band their selves and buy the company stock and become major stakeholders if possible as the case maybe
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 10:19am On May 15
These people are hungry and jobless opportunists. They can't afford 1000 units sef.
They don't have any foresight else they would have made these demands from the onset (at least for negotiations).
Now that the company is standing well, they want to use force... grin

sterlingD:

The thought occurred to me. Why not band their selves and buy the company stock and become major stakeholders if possible as the case maybe

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 10:26am On May 15
DrAkpamudehe:

I have been watching how rude you respond to people on this thread, even when the posts are not directed to you. Boy, just watch it and don't be stuupid. I am not your mate

I will advise you to IGNORE certain statements especially when you have passed your message... I always say that here is faceless which is why I don't reply to many persons here. I only focus on why I'm here

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 10:28am On May 15
sterlingD:

This OKOMU issue is a long tale ooooooo

Host communities accuse Edo Govt of enslaving them to Okomu Oil

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pmnewsnigeria.com/2021/01/31/host-communities-accuse-edo-govt-of-enslaving-them-to-okomu-oil/%3famp=1

Edo communities tackle oil firm over poor treatment

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/edo-communities-tackle-oil-firm-over-poor-treatment/%3famp

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 10:49am On May 15
DrAkpamudehe:

Boy, stupid,mate because I asked you a simple question. Maybe because thr is Dr in your moniker it makes you think your are smarter.Smart people I know are less concern what people do with thr money,lol.i don't think it is difficult to understand .
You are right you didn't quote me.i decided to respond because we equally have new people into investment business here.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Palomadove: 10:55am On May 15
Hi, please suggest the best stockbroker app or website to use for investing in US stock. I saw someone mention bamboo on Twitter. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 11:11am On May 15
megawealth01:

This OKOMU issue is a long tale ooooooo

Host communities accuse Edo Govt of enslaving them to Okomu Oil

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pmnewsnigeria.com/2021/01/31/host-communities-accuse-edo-govt-of-enslaving-them-to-okomu-oil/%3famp=1

Edo communities tackle oil firm over poor treatment

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/edo-communities-tackle-oil-firm-over-poor-treatment/%3famp

Sometimes I don't really understand it. What is poor treatment? If a company employs you and you feel you are not paid enough or the conditions are not suitable, why don't you leave the place or start making efforts to leave? You will still be in the same establishment complaining every year. I see that all the time.

I'm sure OkumuOil did not get those lands for free; they invested in the lands and took huge risks to see the company to where it is today. And you, some lazy, jobless youths, want to tap into that just because your fathers gave birth to you in that locale. The entitlement mentality I see in some people is nauseating.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 11:14am On May 15
Palomadove:
Hi, please suggest the best stockbroker app or website to use for investing in US stock. I saw someone mention bamboo on Twitter. Thanks.

What nation are you living in?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 11:15am On May 15
ositadima1:

Sometimes I don't really understand it. What is poor treatment? If a company employs you and you feel you are not paid enough or the conditions are not suitable, why don't you leave the place or start making efforts to leave? You will still be in the same establishment complaining every year. I see that all the time.

I'm sure OkumuOil did not get those lands for free; they invested in the lands and took huge risks to see the company to where it is today. And you, some lazy, jobless youths, want to tap into that just because your fathers gave birth to you in that locale. The entitlement mentality I see in some people is nauseating.

Sometimes competition could be DIRTY... Na style I use pass message ooooooo
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dapix: 11:18am On May 15
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by freeman67: 11:28am On May 15
I just got Dividend alert from SFS REITs now and it seems to be short by 10%. I don't know why. Have they started taxing REITs?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ndept: 11:31am On May 15
ositadima1:

The development in Okomu oil is not a good one and underscores the fragility of investment in Nigeria. The government needs to urgently take drastic steps to curb the spate of insecurity or else most of the existing companies will pack their load and leave us with our problem. It is the same thing that is causing food inflation in the country because farmers mostly in the north can no longer go to their farm safely.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chimex38: 12:05pm On May 15
megawealth01:

Sometimes competition could be DIRTY... Na style I use pass message ooooooo

Lol. I get you...unlikely i think😁

But on the other hand, it could just be a reflection of economic Situation..

Dangote's workers in Benin also attacked.
https://gazettengr.com/bandits-ambush-dangote-staff-bus-kidnap-dozens-in-bloody-assault/ o

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lionshare: 12:06pm On May 15
DrAkpamudehe:

In Nigeria, nothing good lasts forever, yet the contemporaries of those companies in the western world are still going strong and paying good dividends till date. Smart people invest in Nigeria, but smarter people with foresight also invest internationally.

All over the world nothing good last forever; as far the earth remains seed time & harvest time logic. If smarter people invest abroad then dangote, ote$, elumelu and our many market movers must be very stupid considering their access to these acclaimed smarter people who can only pray have a fraction of their fortune.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 12:06pm On May 15
Abeg what's the fastest way to reach out to Meristem. Can't believe I have not been receiving my Berger Paints dividends all the whole while and didn't even notice till now.
Cash crunch is definitely a Bast..d.

Barman!!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 12:07pm On May 15
chimex38:

Lol. I get you...unlikely i think😁

But on the other hand, it could just be a reflection of economic Situation..

Dangote's workers in Benin also attacked.
https://gazettengr.com/bandits-ambush-dangote-staff-bus-kidnap-dozens-in-bloody-assault/ o

Ok oooooo
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAkpamudehe: 12:08pm On May 15
lionshare:

All over the world nothing good last forever; as far the earth remains seed time & harvest time logic. If smarter people invest abroad then dangote, ote$, elumelu and our many market movers must be very stupid considering their access to these acclaimed smarter people who can only pray have a fraction of their fortune.

But all these people you mentioned, have massive investments abroad, offshore accounts, real estate, factories etc... So what exactly are you saying?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 12:09pm On May 15
lionshare:

Did you read his post personally? He said "also".
Keyword: "ALSO"
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sterlingD(m): 12:10pm On May 15
KayOn1:
Abeg what's the fastest way to reach out to Meristem. Can't believe I have not been receiving my Berger Paints dividends and didn't even notice till now.
Cash crunch is definitely a Bast..d.

Barman!!!

Hit you stockbroker with complaint mails and calls (if possible )let them put the heat on the registrar to do the needful
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lionshare: 12:11pm On May 15
ositadima1:

As an investor I will blame okomu-oil management; its their job to manage the community and her expectations! They must keep all parties in the negotiation room & end all hostilities. If at all there will be any news its must be a Good news for investors grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 12:11pm On May 15
DrAkpamudehe:

But all these people you mentioned, have massive investments abroad, offshore accounts, real estate, factories etc... So what exactly are you saying?

VALID
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 12:12pm On May 15
lionshare:

As an investor I will blame okomu-oil management; its their job to manage the community and her expectations! They must keep all parties in the negotiation room & end all hostilities. If at all there will be any news its must be a Good news for investors grin

We are waiting impatiently grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lionshare: 12:14pm On May 15
DrAkpamudehe:

Where is their biggest investments?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lionshare: 12:15pm On May 15
KayOn1:

Did you read his post personally? He said "also".
Keyword: "ALSO"

"Diversification is protection against ignorance. It makes very little sense for those who know what they are doing"

quote not by me
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAkpamudehe: 12:15pm On May 15
lionshare:

Where is their biggest investments?

I am not in a position to give a valid answer regarding that question, but all am saying is that those guys are also global.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 12:19pm On May 15
lionshare:

"Diversification is protection against ignorance. It makes very little sense for those who know what they are doing"

quote not by me

I beg to disagree. It is NOT, especially when it pertains to Nigeria.
My prayer is may " NIGERIA " never happen to any of us again.

** There's a reason for "Foreign" Investors/Investments.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lionshare: 12:23pm On May 15
DrAkpamudehe:

I am not in a position to give a valid answer regarding that question, but all am saying is that those guys are also global.

But you are well in the position to assume they have holdings in global climes? Cmon

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAkpamudehe: 12:26pm On May 15
lionshare:

But you are well in the position to assume they have holdings in global climes? Cmon

Common man, check google na. grin These are not hidden

(1) (2) (3) ... (7770) (7771) (7772) (7773) (7774) (7775) (7776) ... (7801) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4willer, Kereokwu(f) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.