Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,165 members, 7,849,597 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:04 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7774) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11024740 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7771) (7772) (7773) (7774) (7775) (7776) (7777) ... (7801) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lionshare: 12:27pm On May 15
KayOn1:

I beg to disagree. It is NOT, especially when it pertains to Nigeria.
My prayer is may " NIGERIA " never happen to any of us again.

Here lies my grouse with the initial post; I want to believe you are not Nigerian because if you are then you shouldn't be existing as she should have happened to your existence by now.

Read this very well! There is no perfect country in the world as a matter of fact Nigeria is not any where close to the worse place on earth and Yes a lot of things succeeds here!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 12:29pm On May 15
lionshare:

As an investor I will blame okomu-oil management; its their job to manage the community and her expectations! They must keep all parties in the negotiation room & end all hostilities. If at all there will be any news its must be a Good news for investors grin

If I were the management of OkumuOil, I would never give in to extortion. I would beef up security, install motion sensors and cameras on the premises' perimeters. I would employ the military or paramilitary to guard the establishment. I would provide living quarters for the workers and safe transportation in and out of the company.

The community should go and establish their own farm. grin grin grin cheesy

All this does not mean the host and neighboring communities will not receive some "corporate social responsibility", but it should be a voluntary decision and not forced extortion. Kilode!! tongue

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 12:29pm On May 15
Patriotism
lionshare:

Here lies my grouse with the initial post; I want to believe you are not Nigerian because if you are then you shouldn't be existing as she should have happened to your existence by now.

Read this very well! There is no perfect country in the world as a matter of fact Nigeria is not any where close to the worse place on earth and Yes a lot of things succeeds here!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 12:29pm On May 15
lionshare:

I am full blooded Nigerian but Nigerian did happen to me. I will just leave it at that.
I still invest in Nigeria because that's my root and will always be.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 12:30pm On May 15
Aaaaah
ositadima1:

If I were the management of OkumuOil, I would never give in to extortion. I would beef up security, install motion sensors and cameras on the premises' perimeters. I would employ the military or paramilitary to guard the establishment. I would provide living quarters for the workers and safe transportation in and out of the company.

The community should go and establish their own farm. All this does not mean the host and neighboring communities will not receive some corporate social responsibility, but it should be a voluntary decision and not forced extortion. Kilode!! tongue
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 12:31pm On May 15
KayOn1:

I am full blooded Nigerian but Nigerian did happen to me. I will just leave it at that.

What a nation!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lionshare: 12:33pm On May 15
DrAkpamudehe:

Common man, check google na. grin These are not hidden

Well it appears hidden to me compared to their known assets here. Please do us all a favor by revealing the sum of their portfolio outside so we can compare with known assets here.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lionshare: 12:34pm On May 15
ositadima1:

All this does not mean the host and neighboring communities will not receive some "corporate social responsibility", but it should be a voluntary decision and not forced extortion. Kilode!! tongue

You cannot go full-brute-force--it has to be mixed bag to be sustainable.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 12:34pm On May 15
ositadima1:

Certainty is only for God. Never say 'never'. Companies still pay hackers for data breach how much more when lives are involved.

Easy bros
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lionshare: 12:40pm On May 15
KayOn1:

I still invest in Nigeria because that's my root and will always be.

As long as you are not 6-ft under the ground, Nigeria is yet to happen to you; should be grateful to Nigeria. Hope is for the living, hopelessness is for the dead - besides, what is the assurance that whatever happened to you here cannot happen anywhere else?

I find it illogical that people are hoping to make money from the Nigeria bourse yet are hopeless about Nigeria. Does this make sense?

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 12:49pm On May 15
lionshare:

As long as you are not 6-ft under the ground, Nigeria is yet to happen to you; should be grateful to Nigeria. Hope is for the living, hopelessness is for the dead - besides, what is the assurance that whatever happened to you here cannot happen anywhere else?

I find it illogical that people are hoping to make money from the Nigeria bourse yet are hopeless about Nigeria. Does this make sense?

Are you saying the meaning of Nigeria happening to someone means only when the person ends 6-ft under? Haba!
I am grateful to God that I came out alive but we are not talking about hope & hopelessness.

Where do we start? Leah Sharibu, Dangote Cement workers Okpella kidnap of ...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 12:54pm On May 15
KayOn1:

Are you saying the meaning of Nigeria happening to someone means only when the person ends 6-ft under? Haba!
I am grateful to God that I came out alive but we are not talking about hope & hopelessness.

Nigeria be fatherland grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 12:59pm On May 15
Transcorp @12. Interesting times ahead.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 1:00pm On May 15
grin
KayOn1:
Transcorp @12. Interesting times ahead.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 1:01pm On May 15
lionshare:

Transcorp has dropped to N12. Let's look for a way to push Wema to N4.60 they sold the RI or lower and make money. The country still remains one of the easiest & fastest place to make money.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lionshare: 1:16pm On May 15
KayOn1:

All these vices could have happened anywhere call-out those who are responsible without ridiculing country. That you made it out is testament that a lot things succeeds here.

Besides; you should know sentiment = hope & lack of it which is key market driver.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 1:25pm On May 15
lionshare:

All these vices could have happened anywhere call-out those who are responsible without ridiculing country. That you made it out is testament that a lot things succeeds here.

Besides; you should know sentiment = hope & lack of it which is key market driver.

If you know those that are responsible, please tell me o. We have a long way to go.

All we are asking from the Government of the day is sort out the security issues and power and leave the rest for Diaspora Nigerians. 75% or more are ready to head home.

** I don't think that is asking for too much.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:28pm On May 15
KarlTom:
I just confirmed the Bini and Ijaw are their hosts.
The Okomu plantation happens to be the only major business (aside hotels) in the town so...
Indeed it is well... smiley

Okomu is the second largest employer of labour in Edo State.

The largest employer of labour is Edo State government

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 1:50pm On May 15
[quote author=lionshare post=129965246]

As long as you are not 6-ft under the ground, Nigeria is yet to happen to you; should be grateful to Nigeria. Hope is for the living,

Being patriotic does not mean we should not say the simple truth!! O wish my country well but I still know that all is not well with the country!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ndept: 2:13pm On May 15
KayOn1:

If you know those that are responsible, please tell me o. We have a long way to go.

All we are asking from the Government of the day is sort out the security issues and power and leave the rest for Diaspora Nigerians. 75% or more are ready to head home.

** I don't think that is asking for too much.

Thanks for the bolded. The problem with the country is that the citizens are not united as one to speak the evil bedeviling the nation. The moment you speak out, another will quickly interpret it to mean political, religious or ethnic bias against the government. Gradually, almost all the companies established by foreigners are leaving the country due to economic or security reasons, while most local manufacturers and SME have close shop or are on the verge of closing. Even our local farmers can no longer go to their farms safely, when you speak out some will say you are bias against the country. All these problems were not there when Obasanjo was in government. The problem started around 2010 and got worse with successive governments. If we continue like this, one day our economy will take a nosedive to where we don't expect it.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 2:34pm On May 15
My own na MM wey don push the over-valued Wema Bank to 7+. Well, we'll be back tomorrow.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 2:45pm On May 15
I share similar sentiment but it's not this easy... angry

I once referenced the Niger Delta militants in this discourse. Would you honestly say that Shell, ENI, AGIP, TEXACO etc did not have enough money to get these things (security and CCTV) when the expatriates were being kidnapped every other day?
Honestly, I hope the mgt of OKOMU can quickly tackle this before everything goes south.

NB
OKOMU oil plantations, rubber plantations, turbines, mills, etc are scattered on over 25,000 hectares of vegetation (maybe more).
How many battalions of NA will be able to successfully cover such expanse of land

It's a really sad situation to be in... angry

ositadima1:

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 2:52pm On May 15
KarlTom:
I share similar sentiment but it's not this easy... angry

I once referenced the Niger Delta militants in this discourse. Would you honestly say that Shell, ENI, AGIP, TEXACO etc did not have enough money to get these things (security and CCTV) when the expatriates were being kidnapped every other day?
Honestly, I hope the mgt of OKOMU can quickly tackle this before everything goes south.

NB
OKOMU oil plantations, rubber plantations, turbines, mills, etc are scattered on over 15,000 hectares of vegetation (maybe more).
How many battalions of NA will be able to successfully cover such expanse of land

It's a really sad situation to be in... angry

Not even the OICs' could secure a much lesser acreage. The company cannot do it. It is the Government's job.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 2:53pm On May 15
Great milestone for SEPLAT. I expect it to be on full bid but what do I know... wink

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/SEPLAT_-_Commissioning_of_ANOH_Gas_Processing_Plant.pdf

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 2:59pm On May 15
I know.
If the Fed govt could not do that for the international oil companies that contribute to our FX and GDP then what hope is there for OKOMU

KayOn1:

Not even the OIC's could secure a much lesser acreage. The company cannot do it. It is the Government's job.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vacanci: 3:00pm On May 15
Adinije:
I did same with UBA. I sold 70% of my UBA stock at 26.9. I am hoping to buy back at #21.5 on Monday

I also sold my NAHCO at 36.3, hopefully, I can buy back at #30

Now you see what i am talking about.

After selling at 26.9 and today price closed at 22 that's already N4.9 out.

Who dividend help?

entered at 22 and will start averaging down from there.

My holding will be more and profitable than grabbing the dividend and re-entering with it

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vacanci: 3:01pm On May 15
Mfunkynation:

it's always luck with this strategy!
I know it's Uba that you are not lucky to grab

How is the Luck doing now. Bought UBA today at N22. and will average down from there, if it doesn't go down, i am fine.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 3:15pm On May 15
vacanci:

How is the Luck doing now. Bought UBA today at N22. and will average down from there, if it doesn't go down, i am fine.

And what makes you think it won't dip further considering the all around bad news. The Government has to take security serious. You'll see the effect of Okpella & Okomu attack in the coming weeks when investors start doing their Scenario analysis and portfolio rebalancing after Qtr2. If it can happen to Okomu, ... what stops it from happening to Presco & ...

The synopsis is not looking good, I am afraid.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Palomadove: 3:16pm On May 15
megawealth01:

What nation are you living in?
Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 3:31pm On May 15
ositadima1:

Sometimes I don't really understand it. What is poor treatment? If a company employs you and you feel you are not paid enough or the conditions are not suitable, why don't you leave the place or start making efforts to leave? You will still be in the same establishment complaining every year. I see that all the time.

I'm sure OkumuOil did not get those lands for free; they invested in the lands and took huge risks to see the company to where it is today. And you, some lazy, jobless youths, want to tap into that just because your fathers gave birth to you in that locale. The entitlement mentality I see in some people is nauseating.

All these "extortions" (because it's not CSR anymore when it's with a gun to your head) that has become normal are contributing to the cost of doing business in Nigeria. It's painting the country as unattractive to investors and investments (whether local or foreign). And it's as if the governments at different levels are pampering it. How on earth will our economy grow? Being one of the most populous nations in the world, with one of the lowest wage bills, even with our power challenges, should be advantageous to us. But, we have not taken advantage of that. Now, industrial production is more and more getting automated. That potential human capital advantage is fast turning to a disadvantage and liability to us, as a nation.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vacanci: 3:32pm On May 15
KayOn1:

And what makes you think it won't dip further considering the all around bad news. The Government has to take security serious. You'll see the effect of Okpella & Okomu attack in the coming weeks when investors start doing their Scenario analysis and portfolio rebalancing after Qtr2. If it can happen to Okomu, ... what stops it from happening to Presco & ...

The synopsis are not looking good, I am afraid.

My prayer is for it to dip further so i can accumulate the quantity i set as target and to average down my cost from N22 which is better than having the unit cost above N27 (for the dividend hunters rushing it last week) and getting N2.3 as dividend

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7771) (7772) (7773) (7774) (7775) (7776) (7777) ... (7801) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Picky1 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.