Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,180 members, 7,811,445 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:49 AM

Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert - Phones (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert (353455 Views)

How To Flash/install Custom Roms For Android Devices (S2,S3,S4 E.t.c.) / Jiayu F2,S2,S3,G4-G4s,G5-G5s,G6 Discussion Thread / Samsung Galaxy S2 Wifi Connection Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by k2kay(m): 10:30am On Jul 12, 2015
Pls help, I upgraded my s4 i9500 to lollipop a few weeks back and discovered some days back that my Bluetooth, WiFi and mobile hot spot no longer works.. it's only a dull green instead of bright green when I select them. What could be wrong
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by ThePrekky(m): 11:21am On Jul 12, 2015
MzBreezy:
..How much pls
the note 3 is 45k now. I'm in p.h city
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by ThePrekky(m): 11:22am On Jul 12, 2015
Mekurexx:
Na wa for you. it seems like your talking to 1m people for this your note 3. From OLX to nairaland. you even left me hanging on whatsapp. I doubt if you actually wanna sell. I know its your device but when you engage someone in negotiation you don't leave them hanging after leading them on. my message to you on whatsapp for two days is still unread and i even used my last credit to call you the nite we spoke. no be so guy
sorry bro. Wasn't intentional. we've sorted it out right?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Tolzeal(m): 12:52pm On Jul 12, 2015
airsaylongcon:
Hi guys,

I've got a S3 i9305 with a damaged home key. I recently installed a custom ROM which I worked with for a few days without installing GAPPS as I wanted to keep d phone completely Google free. This proved very difficult so I ended up installing pico gapps.

After installing gapps, I forgot to wipe cache before rebooting the phone. I've ended up with a phone stuck in a bootloop. I know I need to boot into recovery to do a cache wipe but since my home key is bad, I am unable to do the pwr+home+vol up combo to boot into recovery.

Prior to now, I had configured my phone reboot option such that it offered me the options to reboot, soft reboot, boot to recovery, or boot to bootloader. I can't use these as I am unable to boot into the ROM.

I have also tried the adb command to reboot into recovery but the phone is not popping up when connected to a laptop. Prior to getting stuck in this bootloop it used to connect without issues.

Required help: is anyone aware of any alternate means I can use to boot into recovery?

Thanks for any and all suggestions

I'm not sure if there is one.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by dave2meek(m): 3:54pm On Jul 12, 2015
Please help my Samsung s3 just developed a charging port problem. ..
I have to press and hold the charger before it will charge, and sometimes it be discharging
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Bratking(m): 4:17pm On Jul 12, 2015
dave2meek:
Please help my Samsung s3 just developed a charging port problem. ..
I have to press and hold the charger before it will charge, and sometimes it be discharging

It's a panel problem. take the phone to a repair shop and have the panel removed and replaced.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Bratking(m): 4:22pm On Jul 12, 2015
k2kay:
Pls help, I upgraded my s4 i9500 to lollipop a few weeks back and discovered some days back that my Bluetooth, WiFi and mobile hot spot no longer works.. it's only a dull green instead of bright green when I select them. What could be wrong

did you flash the lollipop firmware via Odin or did you do it via OTA?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by k2kay(m): 4:43pm On Jul 12, 2015
Bratking:

did you flash the lollipop firmware via Odin or did you do it via OTA?
I did via OTA
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by dave2meek(m): 4:50pm On Jul 12, 2015
Bratking:

It's a panel problem. take the phone to a repair shop and have the panel removed and replaced.
Like how much is it going to cost?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Bratking(m): 5:34pm On Jul 12, 2015
k2kay:

I did via OTA

Then it's just your basic minor bugs currently plaguing the lollipop OS and can be fixed. unfortunately there is no guarantee fix, you will have to employ trial and error to see what works and what doesn't.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Bratking(m): 5:35pm On Jul 12, 2015
dave2meek:
Like how much is it going to cost?

I have no idea.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by dave2meek(m): 5:55pm On Jul 12, 2015
Bratking:

I have no idea.
Someone told it's the charging port, how true is it?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Bratking(m): 5:58pm On Jul 12, 2015
dave2meek:
Someone told it's the charging port, how true is it?

It's more than that. change the panel and you don't have to worry about charging problem for a while. change only the port and your problem will persist.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by dave2meek(m): 6:03pm On Jul 12, 2015
Bratking:

It's more than that. change the panel and you don't have to worry about charging problem for a while. change only the port and your problem will persist.
But changing the panel is like buying a new phone
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Bratking(m): 6:09pm On Jul 12, 2015
dave2meek:
But changing the panel is like buying a new phone

Not really but yeah I imagine it should be costly but whenever a phones battery starts to discharge when plugged then most certainly the panel is faulty and will ultimately burn overtime.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by dave2meek(m): 6:17pm On Jul 12, 2015
Bratking:

Not really but yeah I imagine it should be costly but whenever a phones battery starts to discharge when plugged then most certainly the panel is faulty and will ultimately burn overtime.
New panel comes with new charging port ?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Bratking(m): 6:19pm On Jul 12, 2015
dave2meek:
New panel comes with new charging port ?

It doesn't. where did I say it does??
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Bratking(m): 6:23pm On Jul 12, 2015
Don't confuse panel with motherboard, they ain't the same oh. in some phones the panel (probably goes by a more professional name) is attached to the motherboard.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by dave2meek(m): 6:31pm On Jul 12, 2015
Bratking:

It doesn't. where did I say it does??
But the charging port can be changed
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Bratking(m): 6:41pm On Jul 12, 2015
dave2meek:
But the charging port can be changed

Yes it can be changed easily enough.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by dave2meek(m): 6:52pm On Jul 12, 2015
Bratking:

Yes it can be changed easily enough.
I mean without developing any more problem
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Idboyostic(m): 6:53pm On Jul 12, 2015
Pls, I tried updating my phone to lollipop from 4.4.2 using the procedures from this site forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s4-att/general/how-to-update-to-i337oc3-5-0-1-keeproot-t3075814 but after trying it out 'my phone got stuck to SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 on the screen' refusing to boot to home screen. I have done booting to recovery mode.....have wiped data/factory reset, clear the cache partition but yet it refused to boot to home screen.

Note: My phone is rooted and it is an at&t version i337
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Bratking(m): 7:07pm On Jul 12, 2015
dave2meek:
I mean without developing any more problem

I can't guarantee that. if it's from the panel then, you will be simply be delaying the inevitable. charging port doesn't work on it's own, shey you know?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Bratking(m): 7:09pm On Jul 12, 2015
Idboyostic:
Pls, I tried updating my phone to lollipop from 4.4.2 using the procedures from this site forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s4-att/general/how-to-update-to-i337oc3-5-0-1-keeproot-t3075814 but after trying it out 'my phone got stuck to SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 on the screen' refusing to boot to home screen. I have done booting to recovery mode.....have wiped data/factory reset, clear the cache partition but yet it refused to boot to home screen.

Note: My phone is rooted and it is an at&t version i337

Your phone is bricked. download and flash a stock rom that matches your phone at&t model.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by k2kay(m): 7:17pm On Jul 12, 2015
Bratking:

Then it's just your basic minor bugs currently plaguing the lollipop OS and can be fixed. unfortunately there is no guarantee fix, you will have to employ trial and error to see what works and what doesn't.
What trial and error do I employ? Am worried sick!
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by dave2meek(m): 7:18pm On Jul 12, 2015
Bratking:

I can't guarantee that. if it's from the panel then, you will be simply be delaying the inevitable. charging port doesn't work on it's own, shey you know?
ok thanks for yhe info
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Bratking(m): 8:00pm On Jul 12, 2015
k2kay:

What trial and error do I employ? Am worried sick!

Head to settings, then to power saving mode option, if restrictions are in place, then remove them. you might also try pressing the 'forget network' in the wifi settings. for bluetooth, head into Bluetooth and toggle it off and on several times. if the problem persist then 'forget your device' then try to reconnect.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Jeffflo: 8:03pm On Jul 12, 2015
Whoop! MetalWorks LLC is offering a PRICE SLASH ON all WEB DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT JOBS for prospective and existing customers. What does this mean for me you ask? Right you are. What is means is that from the beginning of this month, your photography blogs, e-commerce sites, fora et.al may all be set up with the minimum of fuss with our crack team of programmers. As additional incentive, the option of PAYMENT IN INSTALLMENTS is available upon agreement. Great huh? Of course you think so, you bargain-hunter you. So yeah, call Toby on 07033503357 to set up your free consultation today. You'll be glad you did.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by buchito1(m): 9:51pm On Jul 12, 2015
Bratking:

Head to settings, then to power saving mode option, if restrictions are in place, then remove them. you might also try pressing the 'forget network' in the wifi settings. for bluetooth, head into Bluetooth and toggle it off and on several times. if the problem persist then 'forget your device' then try to reconnect.
Ure good bruh!!! smiley

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Idboyostic(m): 10:21pm On Jul 12, 2015
Bratking:

Your phone is bricked. download and flash a stock rom that matches your phone at&t model.
bro, pls help me with the steps to take and some possible links to download from. I wouldn't mind if I can get your contacts so I can get quick replies on how to go about this.....Thanks
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by k2kay(m): 3:49am On Jul 13, 2015
Bratking:

I can't even access the forget network on my WiFi settings nor Bluetooth. Not working at all
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by sentix(m): 7:55am On Jul 13, 2015
Hi I need to unlock samsung galaxy core prime
how do i do it

thanks

08023192283 or sentix2k(at)gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (166) (Reply)

Tecno L3 Discussion Thread / The Gallery (Mobile Photography/Art) / FIFA 14 For Android...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.