Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,294 members, 7,839,444 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert - Phones (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert (355680 Views)

How To Flash/install Custom Roms For Android Devices (S2,S3,S4 E.t.c.) / Jiayu F2,S2,S3,G4-G4s,G5-G5s,G6 Discussion Thread / Samsung Galaxy S2 Wifi Connection Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by sheelay(m): 4:44pm On Aug 22, 2013
Stanley08:

Maybe you need busybox, i don't know.. Try installing busybox, open it and click install also, then reboot phone..

Busybox - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=stericson.busybox
Tnx boss, went to dig in dip n got the msg, that I have to re-root before super su can work on 4.3... Would try ur advice tho

I'm in Accra, none of that working for me here right now... sad
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Mannylex(m): 6:45pm On Aug 22, 2013
Wow! Wonderful thread. And to think I have Been scrolling past it all this while. Stanley you are doing a good job here.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by nani667: 8:52pm On Aug 22, 2013
sheelay: Pls, boss, I flashed d new Cm 10.2 4.3 custom rom on my s2, but to my surprise, I downloaded titanium backup so I could restore my apps, and it kept telling me that I don't have root access, even when I downloaded super su, what could be wrong Pls? And do I need to re-root?
Custom ROMs these days usually come packed with Super SU... why install a custom ROM devoid of root access ?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by sheelay(m): 10:14pm On Aug 22, 2013
nani.666:
Custom ROMs these days usually come packed with Super SU... why install a custom ROM devoid of root access ?
It came with super su, but still got the hint that with 4.3 custom rom, one needs to re-root... Rom is cm10.2 nightly
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by nani667: 11:44pm On Aug 22, 2013
sheelay:
It came with super su, but still got the hint that with 4.3 custom rom, one needs to re-root... Rom is cm10.2 nightly
well..I'm currently running 4.3.... and I'm fully rooted....

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Mannylex(m): 12:17am On Aug 23, 2013
Stanley, need your help. Never been on a custom rom before, but would like to try out one. Please which is the best custom rom and kernel I could use? and please help out with the steps I could use in flashing one. I use an S2 and currently run stock jelly bean 4.1.2... Would be expecting your response. Thanks.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Stanley08(m): 12:37am On Aug 23, 2013
Mannylex: Wow! Wonderful thread. And to think I have Been scrolling past it all this while. Stanley you are doing a good job here.

FINALLY! Someone who appreciates my work! Cheers mate. smiley

Mannylex: Stanley, need your help. Never been on a custom rom before, but would like to try out one. Please which is the best custom rom and kernel I could use? and please help out with the steps I could use in flashing one. I use an S2 and currently run stock jelly bean 4.1.2... Would be expecting your response. Thanks.

Here is my guide on flashing custom ROMs mate! And while there is no such thing as the 'Best ROM' really, because many of them are good, and there are basically 4 types of ROMs, maybe even more
1. Custom Stock which is optimised/tweaked stock ROMs and my FAV!
2. AOSP (Android Open Source Project) which is untouched Android ROM, straight from Google, the way it was planned to be. cheesy
3. AOKP (Android Open Kang Project) blah blah - I hate it, I don't even really know much bout it.
4. MIUI ROMs - I don't really know how to describe them, but they give dat kinda iPhoney feel -ish

ANYWAYS! I am part of the two best Samsung ROM makers teams in the world. cheesy
I recommend NEAT ROM Lite - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1569686
And OMEGA ROM - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1489197

CHEERS!!! smiley

holar37: pls, is there anybody in the house that can help with s3 rooting and hd games in Abk?
Only if you have International GT-I9300 S3 then download, extract and flash the .tarfile in the zip I will post below; using 'PDA' option in ODIN to root ur phone. Don't know what PDA or ODIN or all the rubbish i'm talking about is? Read up first few pages! But instead of stock ROM, just flash this below! Cheers! cheesy Remember! ONLY GT-I9300 INTERNATIONAL VERSION, If you come back and say ur phone was not I9300 and you brick ur phone, I will Laugh grin at you.

http://download.chainfire.eu/229/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-m0-m0xx-gti9300.zip
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Dikachiii: 2:09am On Aug 23, 2013
Hi, please I need urgent help. I was trying to upgrade to stock 4.1.2 on my s2 i777 and got FIRMWARE UPGRADE ENCOUNTERED AN ISSUE. PLEASE SELECT RECOVERY MODE IN KIES & TRY AGAIN and now kies won't even recognise my phone. I tried to flash it via odin but this is what I get

<ID:0/016> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> recovery.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/016> Odin v.3 engine (ID:16)..
<ID:0/016> File analysis..
<ID:0/016> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/016> Initialzation..
<ID:0/016> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/016> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/016> recovery.img
<ID:0/016> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/016>
<ID:0/016> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Dikachiii: 2:14am On Aug 23, 2013
when I enter download mode after the key combination, it will ask to confirm I will press up volume but it will instead take me to Firmware upgrade encountered bla bla but odin still sees my device and shows yellow

Please help.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Dikachiii: 3:57am On Aug 23, 2013
Finally sorted after hours of google search.

flashed Gingerbread then Ics and redownloaded the Jellybean firmware and now I'm freeeee
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by sheelay(m): 7:23am On Aug 23, 2013
nani.666:
well..I'm currently running 4.3.... and I'm fully rooted....
U didn't re-root after installing the 4.3 rom? If yes, I'm using an s2, and i know u r using a note..... Might be the rom I'm flashing, can u link me to another rom Pls?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by sheelay(m): 8:11am On Aug 23, 2013
Stanley Pls, can u recommend a very good 4.3 rom for my s2 I9100?pls, I'd be very grateful
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Stanley08(m): 1:11pm On Aug 23, 2013
sheelay: Stanley Pls, can u recommend a very good 4.3 rom for my s2 I9100?pls, I'd be very grateful

I haven't used a Galaxy S2 in almost a year now, unless I research, or better still, go to my facebook group (link in first page) and ask, my geeks will be happy to help you. Cheers!

sheelay:
U didn't re-root after installing the 4.3 rom? If yes, I'm using an s2, and i know u r using a note..... Might be the rom I'm flashing, can u link me to another rom Pls?

U don't have to 'RE-ROOT' a custom ROM. You only 'RE-ROOT' when you flash a stock ROM in ODIN.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Nobody: 11:10am On Aug 30, 2013
pls gurus in d house, just got my s3 4m jumia and i wnt to root it.is there any reliable app i can download to automatically root my phone without a laptop..secondly, pls suggest to me apps to download so as to enjy my phone to d fullest...tanx
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Dabss(m): 11:21am On Aug 30, 2013
vivichocs: pls gurus in d house, just got my s3 4m jumia and i wnt to root it.is there any reliable app i can download to automatically root my phone without a laptop..secondly, pls suggest to me apps to download so as to enjy my phone to d fullest...tanx
u and rooting!! It on the first page of this thread. U don't even have the patience to read n u want to root. If something goes wrong, u will have to do a lot of reading. grin

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by holard07(m): 11:23am On Aug 30, 2013
@ stanley, great job I must confess u r doing here, thanks for helping us all out, however, I need ur help as well, kindly assist me on how to root my s4. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Stanley08(m): 11:36am On Aug 30, 2013
Da_b¤§§.:
u and rooting!! It on the first page of this thread. U don't even have the patience to read n u want to root. If something goes wrong, u will have to do a lot of reading. grin

I'm telling you! You go read tire! People don't like to read and learn, they just want to be Spoon-fed!

vivichocs: pls gurus in d house, just got my s3 4m jumia and i wnt to root it.is there any reliable app i can download to automatically root my phone without a laptop..secondly, pls suggest to me apps to download so as to enjy my phone to d fullest...tanx

No! Use laptop to root. Dats my advice.

[size=14pt]MAKE SURE YOUR PHONE IS I9300 INTERNATIONAL VERSION[/size]
If yes, then flash this through 'PDA' in ODIN - http://download.chainfire.eu/229/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-m0-m0xx-gti9300.zip
Note: It's a zip file, so you have to extract it first to get the '.tar' file to flash in ODIN

holard07: @ stanley, great job I must confess u r doing here, thanks for helping us all out, however, I need ur help as well, kindly assist me on how to root my s4. Thanks in anticipation.

[size=14pt]MAKE SURE YOUR PHONE IS I9500 INTERNATIONAL VERSION[/size]
If yes, then flash this through 'PDA' in ODIN - http://download.chainfire.eu/326/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-ja3g-ja3gxx-gti9500.zip
Note: It's a zip file, so you have to extract it first to get the '.tar' file to flash in ODIN

======================================================================================================================

And both of you, Get steps on how to flash stuff with odin in the first few pages! Ask questions if you don't understand! Because if you brick your phone and blame me, I will laugh at you! grin Don't try to be a Hero!

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 30, 2013
Da_b¤§§.:
u and rooting!! It on the first page of this thread. U don't even have the patience to read n u want to root. If something goes wrong, u will have do a lot of reading. grin
hahahahahaha, i hv read oo buh cant see any wch i can do without a laptop and d process is even long..just wnt an app wch when installd wil automatically root my phone(wnt to know if such app exists)..

I'm even scared of rooting d phone cos f d fear of bricking my phone.again, i dont wnt to void my warranty. embarassed
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 30, 2013
@stanley, tanx a lot buh i no wan root again..make i use my phone as it is grin
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by holard07(m): 11:52am On Aug 30, 2013
Stanley08:

I'm telling you! You go read tire! People don't like to read and learn, they just want to be Spoon-fed!

No! Use laptop to root. Dats my advice.

[size=14pt]MAKE SURE YOUR PHONE IS I9300 INTERNATIONAL VERSION[/size]
If yes, then flash this through 'PDA' in ODIN - http://download.chainfire.eu/229/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-m0-m0xx-gti9300.zip

[size=14pt]MAKE SURE YOUR PHONE IS I9500 INTERNATIONAL VERSION[/size]
If yes, then flash this through 'PDA' in ODIN - http://download.chainfire.eu/326/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-ja3g-ja3gxx-gti9500.zip

======================================================================================================================

And both of you, Get steps on how to flash stuff with odin in the first few pages! Ask questions if you don't understand! Because if you brick your phone and blame me, I will laugh at you! grin Don't try to be a Hero!

Pls how do I dentify if my s4 is international version
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 30, 2013
holard07:

Pls how do I dentify if my s4 is international version
check ur phone model 4m settings. if d model is 19500,then it's international
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by holard07(m): 7:11pm On Aug 30, 2013
vivichocs: check ur phone model 4m settings. if d model is 19500,then it's international

Yes, thanks
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Stanley08(m): 7:23pm On Aug 30, 2013
vivichocs: hahahahahaha, i hv read oo buh cant see any wch i can do without a laptop and d process is even long..just wnt an app wch when installd wil automatically root my phone(wnt to know if such app exists)..

I'm even scared of rooting d phone cos f d fear of bricking my phone.again, i dont wnt to void my warranty. embarassed

vivichocs: @stanley, tanx a lot buh i no wan root again..make i use my phone as it is grin

Two Chickens! tongue

I rooted my S4 i bought 108K on 4th May, barely 1 minute out of the box smiley, even before it started selling in naija, my Samsung connects got me an S4 2 days before it started selling. cheesy

@Vivichocs ,it sounds like you want spirit to root it for you. lol. mate! just read instructions, doesn't take 30 seconds sef..
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Stanley08(m): 7:27pm On Aug 30, 2013

INSTRUCTIONS FOR BOTH S3 AND S4
Just make sure you have downloaded the right zip!

Don't go and flash it on AT&T, T-mobile and the rest ohh! Ehen! Only I9300 and I9500. Settings > About Phone. Check to be sure of ur model

Follow these instructions to the letter. Do not touch any buttons or check-boxes that are not listed below to touch!

- Download Odin3 v3.04 (Google search)
- Download and unzip the correct zip file for ur phone model (I posted ones for International I9300 and I9500 above already)
- If you end up with a recovery.img and cache.img file, you've extracted twice. You need to end up with a .tar file - don't extract that one
- (USB) Disconnect your phone from your computer
- Start Odin3 v3.04
- Click the PDA button, and select '.tar' file
- Put your phone in download mode (turn off phone, then hold VolumeDown + home + power to boot - if it asks you to press a button to continue, press the listed button. in this case its VolumeUp button)
- (USB) Connect the phone to your computer
- Make sure Repartition is NOT ticked
- Click the 'Start' button
- You will get a 'Pass' message
- Wait for Android to reboot
- Done (if it took you more than 30 seconds, you need practise!)

CONGRATS, YOU ARE ROOTED! Cheers! cheesy
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by holard07(m): 9:20pm On Aug 30, 2013
Stanley08:

Don't go and flash it on AT&T, T-mobile and the rest ohh! Ehen! Only I9300 and I9500. Settings > About Phone. Check to be sure of ur model

Follow these instructions to the letter. Do not touch any buttons or check-boxes that are not listed below to touch!

- Download and unzip the correct zip file for ur phone model (I posted ones for International I9300 and I9500 above already)
- If you end up with a recovery.img and cache.img file, you've extracted twice. You need to end up with a .tar file - don't extract that one
- Start Odin3 v3.04
- Put your phone in download mode (turn off phone, then hold VolumeDown + home + power to boot - if it asks you to press a button to continue, press the listed button. in this case its VolumeUp button)

Pls, assist me, tis like my fone is not connecting via usb, or am not getting a pass or reboot.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by holard07(m): 9:34pm On Aug 30, 2013
holard07:

Pls, assist me, tis like my fone is not connecting via usb, or am not getting a pass or reboot.

Thanks, done, sipping alomo wit pomo...thanks stan!
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by kardinalz: 11:27pm On Aug 30, 2013
Stanley08:

- Start Odin3 v3.04

fenks bro,wud hv loved if derez a SCREEN SHOT fo dis
pls is d USB connections jst for formallity??
So for d unecessary questions
jst a curious broda
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Stanley08(m): 6:37am On Aug 31, 2013
holard07:

Thanks, done, sipping alomo wit pomo...thanks stan!

Alomo with Pomo? U weird bro! Rooted? If yes, Cheers!

kardinalz:
fenks bro,wud hv loved if derez a SCREEN SHOT fo dis
pls is d USB connections jst for formallity??
So for d unecessary questions
jst a curious broda

Its as easy as i wrote mate! Holard07 has fone his, read first few pages to get a basic knowledge of ODIN and stuff...
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by tjsadiq(m): 6:50am On Aug 31, 2013
Hello...was abt getting a S3 Tmobile branded version 2day,but on seeing this thread,now am waery...pls, wots d major diff btw d Tmobile n d international version?.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 31, 2013
hello house pls i use a sgh gs2 unrooted and of recent i can't seem to open my pdf files,it keeps telling me no application to open file.is there anyone who can help me with a solution.thanks.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by zeelo2014: 4:09pm On Aug 31, 2013
After rooting my device,the caution triangle displays on startup,is there an easy way to clear it off? Not like it has any effect sha.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by nani667: 4:33pm On Aug 31, 2013
zeelo2014: After rooting my device,the caution triangle displays on startup,is there an easy way to clear it off? Not like it has any effect sha.
it's not exactly an easy way...but it can be done....check XDA Or use Google... do it at your own risk tho

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (166) (Reply)

Tecno L3 Discussion Thread / The Gallery (Mobile Photography/Art) / Some Useful Nokia Codes & How To Format/Reset Ur Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.