Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,001 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:35 PM

Corper Loses Eye To Police Brutality - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Corper Loses Eye To Police Brutality (9810 Views)

Housewife Loses Eye After Terrible Fight With 79-year-old Mother-in-law / 15-year-old Loses Eye After Flogging By Step Mother (pictured) / I Was Hung Upside Down And Tortured For 3months: Victim Of Police Brutality(PIC) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corper Loses Eye To Police Brutality by Nobody: 10:03pm On Dec 13, 2012
Gbenga Ariyibi Ado Ekiti
A National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) member serving in Ekiti State, Anthony Ebuka Onuagbara has lost one of his eyes to police brutality, following an injury he sustained when he was allegedly beaten by some police in Ado Ekiti recently

Anthony 26, who hails from Ezeama-Amichi , Nnewi South Local Government Area of Anambra State, lost his right eye to police brutality,after he was beaten by the police for an offence he did not commit in August this year

The Corp member who is currently serving at the Bursar’s office in Ekiti State University has appealed to Ekiti State police command to investigate the matter with a view of identifying the cop that caused damage on his eye.

Narrating the circumstances that led to his ordeal, Anthony recounted that sometimes in August that a commercial sex worker had reported that one of his neighbour had abused her sexually.

The complaint, according to him, led a team of policemen from the Special Anti-robbery Squad to his house at Bode Ayeni area of Adebayo who beat the occupant?

According to the Corpmember, his colleague, Michael had picked the lady at about 6pm on August 12, 2012 at Fajuyi Area of Ado Ekiti to spend the night with him with the agreement to pay her N3,000 the second day

He further recounted that disagreement ensued immediately Michael took the lady home at about 8pm on that day because Michael confessed that he could only offer the lady N2,000 .He said Michael’s action infuriated the lady and this forced her to the SARS Operatives and reported the case to them by lying that he was abused sexually, even when no sex took place between them.

The ‘youth corper’ further explained that shortly after the lady left, some SARS operatives bombarded the premises at about 11pm, broke their doors and unleashed beatings on the occupants.

Presently, Anthony is fast losing his sight , having undergone Eye surgery at the Ekiti State Teaching Hospital, the bill he personally sponsored without any help from the police authority.

When contacted, the police image maker in the state, Mr Victor Babayemi told newsmen that the affected youth corper had actually wrote a petition to the state police commissioner over the incident.

The PPRO said the matter was under investigation, assuring that the police would swung into action as soon as the investigation is completed.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/12/corpmember-loses-eye-to-police-brutality/
Re: Corper Loses Eye To Police Brutality by ebucha: 9:41am On Dec 14, 2012
NPF=nothing pass food

2 Likes

Re: Corper Loses Eye To Police Brutality by palmwine(m): 9:43am On Dec 14, 2012
When will the police swing into action. When the young man becomes totally blind?

1 Like

Re: Corper Loses Eye To Police Brutality by Chirolechick: 9:43am On Dec 14, 2012
ash*awo reported a good biz turned sour 2 d police, instead of dem 2 hold her 4 self-slavery, they decided 2 go on battery-spree, i'm beginning 2 think she gives them a cut while they offer her protection from swindlers, i tire 4 naija police seriously,

2 Likes

Re: Corper Loses Eye To Police Brutality by epitome86: 9:46am On Dec 14, 2012
is it a crime to serve once father land....

1 Like

Re: Corper Loses Eye To Police Brutality by MCDumexx: 9:47am On Dec 14, 2012
Eya! U see wetin kpekus dey cause. Loose my eye? Except say I nor see again. I go...I go...I go..I go jst maintain. Make I know loose another one

1 Like

Re: Corper Loses Eye To Police Brutality by raycomray: 9:47am On Dec 14, 2012
My brother sorry oh! Pls follow up the petition and we hope u will get justice. Some years back, I had a fight with 5 police men for over 20minutes. It was a foolish decision on my side. The 6th officer, used d butt of his gun to hit my face. Immediately, I surrendered. I was lucky that night. I would have lost my left eye ball.
Re: Corper Loses Eye To Police Brutality by ochallo: 9:49am On Dec 14, 2012
he who goes around seeking casual sex , gets everything it comes with. Next time it would be AIDS and there would be no one to even blame.
Re: Corper Loses Eye To Police Brutality by Nobody: 9:50am On Dec 14, 2012
Police and swinging into action na wa o,they should be hasty in their investigations before the young man looses his sight completely. Besides what with some guys and ash*wo eh? Mtcheeew
Re: Corper Loses Eye To Police Brutality by gulfer: 9:52am On Dec 14, 2012
epitome86: is it a crime to serve once father land....
Uhm, embarassed
Re: Corper Loses Eye To Police Brutality by Eneze1(f): 9:55am On Dec 14, 2012
always swinging into action with nothing to show for it, naija police i weep for una

2 Likes

Re: Corper Loses Eye To Police Brutality by Okijajuju1(m): 9:55am On Dec 14, 2012
ogbeche77: Gbenga Ariyibi Ado Ekiti
A National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) member serving in Ekiti State, Anthony Ebuka Onuagbara has lost one of his eyes to police brutality, following an injury he sustained when he was allegedly beaten by some police in Ado Ekiti recently

Anthony 26, who hails from Ezeama-Amichi , Nnewi South Local Government Area of Anambra State, lost his right eye to police brutality,after he was beaten by the police for an offence he did not commit in August this year

The Corp member who is currently serving at the Bursar’s office in Ekiti State University has appealed to Ekiti State police command to investigate the matter with a view of identifying the cop that caused damage on his eye.

Narrating the circumstances that led to his ordeal, Anthony recounted that sometimes in August that a commercial sex worker had reported that one of his neighbour had abused her sexually.

The complaint, according to him, led a team of policemen from the Special Anti-robbery Squad to his house at Bode Ayeni area of Adebayo who beat the occupant?

According to the Corpmember, his colleague, Michael had picked the lady at about 6pm on August 12, 2012 at Fajuyi Area of Ado Ekiti to spend the night with him with the agreement to pay her N3,000 the second day

He further recounted that disagreement ensued immediately Michael took the lady home at about 8pm on that day because Michael confessed that he could only offer the lady N2,000 .He said Michael’s action infuriated the lady and this forced her to the SARS Operatives and reported the case to them by lying that he was abused sexually, even when no sex took place between them.

The ‘youth corper’ further explained that shortly after the lady left, some SARS operatives bombarded the premises at about 11pm, broke their doors and unleashed beatings on the occupants.

Presently, Anthony is fast losing his sight , having undergone Eye surgery at the Ekiti State Teaching Hospital, the bill he personally sponsored without any help from the police authority.

When contacted, the police image maker in the state, Mr Victor Babayemi told newsmen that the affected youth corper had actually wrote a petition to the state police commissioner over the incident.

The PPRO said the matter was under investigation, assuring that the police would swung into action as soon as the investigation is completed.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/12/corpmember-loses-eye-to-police-brutality/

3 Likes

Re: Corper Loses Eye To Police Brutality by Nobody: 9:58am On Dec 14, 2012
They are always swinging into action...but end up hurting the innocent ones
Re: Corper Loses Eye To Police Brutality by Born2beRich1(m): 10:03am On Dec 14, 2012
I thought someone posted that corpers have immunity.....E be like say police no know that one..
Re: Corper Loses Eye To Police Brutality by stantob(m): 10:05am On Dec 14, 2012
Swing into what action? Corper, never ever let this issue rest.I will tell you to rather die fighting for it.
Re: Corper Loses Eye To Police Brutality by slap1(m): 10:10am On Dec 14, 2012
I love Naija! Police responds faster to an as.hawo's 'distress call' than they would respond to a robbery operation. Konji go kill the i.diots!

1 Like

Re: Corper Loses Eye To Police Brutality by CashVessel(m): 10:23am On Dec 14, 2012
Sometimes it is better to keep quiet than speak.Why waste words wen u can keep quiet?
The victim wasn't the one who patronised the sex-worker.Read wif understanding next time.
ochallo: he who goes around seeking casual sex , gets everything it comes with. Next time it would be AIDS and there would be no one to even blame.

2 Likes

Re: Corper Loses Eye To Police Brutality by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 14, 2012
ochallo: he who goes around seeking casual sex , gets everything it comes with. Next time it would be AIDS and there would be no one to even blame.
Did you even read the story?
It wasn't him that brought the sex worker.

1 Like

Re: Corper Loses Eye To Police Brutality by TBD(m): 10:29am On Dec 14, 2012
This corper will never forget his service year, well done.
Re: Corper Loses Eye To Police Brutality by mejai(m): 10:31am On Dec 14, 2012
Police and corpers r always enemies! Dis can neva happen wit army.
Re: Corper Loses Eye To Police Brutality by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:33am On Dec 14, 2012
Eh ya, sorry Mr. Corper.
Re: Corper Loses Eye To Police Brutality by mejai(m): 10:38am On Dec 14, 2012
epitome86: is it a crime to serve once father land....
No! It is not a crime. But an abomination to write ONES as ONCE

1 Like

Re: Corper Loses Eye To Police Brutality by puffpuff: 10:38am On Dec 14, 2012

Kindly read the article again. It was not the corper (Anthony) that patronised the sex worker but a neighbour named Michael.

2 Likes

Re: Corper Loses Eye To Police Brutality by yomalex(m): 10:48am On Dec 14, 2012
Na serious matter o
Re: Corper Loses Eye To Police Brutality by Artistree: 11:00am On Dec 14, 2012
mejai:
No! It is not a crime. But an abomination to write ONES as ONCE

It is a worse crime to write ONES instead of one's.

4 Likes

Re: Corper Loses Eye To Police Brutality by Ejay(f): 11:03am On Dec 14, 2012
Wahala dey,see wetin daughter of jezebel don cause,persin sidon hin own jejeli and gbadunli na hin some kpekus keepers and protectors come beat am to stupor so tey him loose the eyes wey him take dey see road,the worst thing wey dey pain me be say na smelly rotten kpekus wey him no nothing about na hin they jagajaga am for.
I pray for all men today,that yee shall not fall into the hands of wrong and cursed kpekus,and to all women u shall not behold devilish and doomed dicks.

1 Like

Re: Corper Loses Eye To Police Brutality by tellwsdom: 11:06am On Dec 14, 2012
Please can I see the yansh that blinded the eyes?? sadsad

1 Like

Re: Corper Loses Eye To Police Brutality by Samabu07(m): 11:28am On Dec 14, 2012
Report the issue to the Army that police station go hear ween. Are there no barr of a corper around you? He would gladly take that issue up atleast that would be a launch of his profession. Hard luck corper wee.
Re: Corper Loses Eye To Police Brutality by ghettodreamz(m): 11:44am On Dec 14, 2012
Speechless
Re: Corper Loses Eye To Police Brutality by Fostercat(m): 12:43pm On Dec 14, 2012
Chai !!! See wetin toto de cause.e no go beta for dat t0t0...

But toto dey sweet oo.I wish it was not restricted f0r 0nly d married.ladies Pls u guys shd rem0ve s0me sweetness frm d tin naa.na beg I de beg 000.see as d sweetness de Put men f0r tr0uble.it has led s0 many t0 their early graves. chai.mk I g0 marry t00 00.need t0 dey enj0y d tin at will..l0l.but t0t0 sha de bite 00.

1 Like

Re: Corper Loses Eye To Police Brutality by Emerald120(f): 12:56pm On Dec 14, 2012
Born 2be Rich: I thought someone posted that corpers have immunity.....E be like say police no know that one..
dude abi na babe sef, dat was den wen devil neva tear eye.
Re: Corper Loses Eye To Police Brutality by dederocs(m): 1:07pm On Dec 14, 2012
Cutejay: Police and swinging into action na wa o,they should be hasty in their investigations before the young man looses his sight completely. Besides what with some guys and ash*wo eh? Mtcheeew
The same thing with girls dat Bleep older men for money and favours.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Train Attack: Security Agencies Negotiating With Terrorists On Abductees - NRC / Uniport Final-yr Student Shot Dead Outside His Compound In Rivers State / BREAKING! Hushpuppi Arrives At Pennsylvania Prison In US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.