Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,225 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices (4331 Views)

THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church / 10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church / Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by Goshen360(m): 10:16pm On Dec 13, 2012
Today, I begin a teaching in the series - "The End-Time Church With non-apostolic Practices". The early Apostle are men with the mandate to commence the church of Christ and hitherto spread the good news of the Kingdom of God. They laid the foundation for the Church and that foundation was rooted in Christ. Today, we (the end time church) cannot lay any other foundation other than what was laid by the Apostles. Our mission to the world is to build on the foundation that was already laid following the examples of the Apostles. However, the end time church had become so perverted and corrupted with many non-apostolic practices that one will begin to wonder what had happened to the church of Christ over the ages. Today, I present to you the gospel of power and the power of the gospel as I unveil some non-apostolic practices.

1. The Practice of Pleading the blood of Jesus.

New International Version (©1984)
In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace - Ephesians 1:7

There are some Charismatic and Pentecostals that use the practice (now a cliché) of pleading the blood over people that are unsaved and things they want cleansed or delivered. Just about anything gets the blood pleaded over it. But this is an unbiblical practice; nowhere do we read of the apostles "pleading the Blood". We see no such practice by the apostles or instructions in the epistles to do any such sprinkling or pleading of Christ's blood on anyone (even those demon possessed).

In the Old Testament it was a physical act by the priest to put the blood on the altar, not moving it from one place to another. It is the same principle in the New Testament, one cannot move it on to those people or things for cleansing by speaking, (pleading it). The blood represents the life of the person; we cannot plead His life on others? Only the high priest handled the blood to go on the mercy seat for the forgiveness of sins, Jesus is the one who sprinkled His blood, not us. We can’t physically touch it today nor can we apply it somewhere else spiritually, since we are not the high priest, Jesus is.

He said this is my body pointing to the Passover lamb motif in the Old Testament as a type and shadow. He was given as a lamb on a specific day and time for a specific purpose. If it was done any other way or day it would not have been acceptable. Just as John the baptizer introduced him as "the LAMB that takes away the sins of the world". Christ fulfilled all the Old Testament types and shadow including the scapegoat but it was the Passover lamb that is of the most importance. He was judged instead of us, so he passed over our judgment and we go from death to life.

Hebrews 9:7-14 has a deep revelation on Christ sacrifices and his blood. Scripture makes it crystal clear the blood of Christ unlike the high priest type in the OT did was offered once and for all, not repeatedly like the OT. Hebrews 9:11-12. By His death He poured out His life and died for our sins we would be reconciled by it. This was done as a propitiation to the Father almost 2,000 years ago and is still effective today. The atonement was for man and unto God the Father. Propitiation for sins is always toward God, not toward man. The Father accepted His payment for our sins. We ourselves do not touch the blood, it is applied to our lives by the high priest who is Christ when we believe in faith to receive his Atonement. Eph.1:7; Col. 1:14 says "in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins". and Rev. 1:5: "To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood". This occurred almost 2,000 years ago.

Stop pleading the blood in a religious manner because the blood had already being pleaded and shed for the remission of sin. There is no magical power in an unending application of the blood of Jesus for the numerous uses it is applied for today. It was for our redemption, cleansing and forgiveness of sins only. To use it as such is to have a distorted view of its application today and an irreverent understanding of it being precious, incorruptible and holy.

...to be continue

8 Likes

Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 14, 2012
Nice thread Bro Goshen. Subscribing....
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by JeSoul(f): 3:53pm On Dec 14, 2012
Another solid thread from brother Goshen. I've asked the question before myself...

Misusing & Abusing The "blood Of Jesus" https://www.nairaland.com/124301/misusing-abusing-blood-jesus
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by Goshen360(m): 6:06pm On Dec 14, 2012
@ bro. seriallink and my dear sister JeSoul,

Thanks for your comments.
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by Goshen360(m): 7:07pm On Dec 14, 2012
2. The practice of repeatedly calling "Holy Ghost fire" (fire-for-fire and back-to-sender) on your enemy(ies).

As we continue our series, today we look at the above topic and how it applied to Christian. Many Charismatic and Pentecostals engage in the practice of repeatedly calling Holy Ghost fire to burn their enemies, spiritual and/or physical thinking they have a witch somewhere that hinders their success in life. The word of God says, if any man be in Christ, such is a new creation; old things are pass away and all things are become new. The word also says, "Greater is he that is in us/you (Christians) than he that is in the world".

First, who are enemies of Christian? Our enemies are spiritual and physical. We have spiritual enemies who is mainly the devil but he uses demons to torment God's people. Christ had already defeated the devil but we (Christian) exercise victory our the devil BUT we are in constant war with demons. Hence, this scripture rings a bell,

New Living Translation (©2007)
For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places. - Ephesians 6:12

I love my New Living Translations. It is second to the Amplify Version. The above scripture clearly highlight that we, Christian have a physical enemy which it called "flesh and blood" enemies. It also says we have spiritual enemies - evil rulers and authorities of UNSEEN world; mighty powers in this DARK world and evil spirits in the HEAVENLY places. The same scripture makes it clear that even though we have physical enemies, we care less about fighting them because our battle with them is not the ultimate battle but doesn't mean they should not be defeated also.

For each of our enemies, Christians have specific ways of defeating them. In other words, you cannot be applying the ways to defeat the spiritual enemies to that of the physical enemies. It doesn't work that way. How then do we defeat the spiritual enemies?

The immediate verse of Ephesians 6:12 says that,

Therefore, put on every piece of God's armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm. - verse 13..

The ways to defeat the spiritual enemies is to put on the WHOLE, not some armour of God. These armours are then listed in the same context of Ephesians 6:14-18.

Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armor of God's righteousness. For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared. In addition to all of these, hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil. Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere.

These are the weapons. Herein we do NOT have the "Holy Ghost fire" among the weapons and not given to be repeatedly called on spiritual enemies. Fire is reserved for judgment of devil and his angels/demons. Calling Holy Ghost fire on devil and his angels/demons is an exercise in futility. It doesn't do anything to them until the appointed time for the judgment by fire. Fire is also for trial and purification.

But on the judgment day, fire will reveal what kind of work each builder has done. The fire will show if a person's work has any value. - 1 Corinthians 3:13

Nowhere in scripture did we see the practice of calling Holy Ghost fire on spiritual or physical enemies by the Apostle. Such practices does not answer to scriptural practices with the New Testament believers.

How to defeat your physical enemies by fire but not calling fire on them

Dear friends, never take revenge. Leave that to the righteous anger of God. For the Scriptures say, "I will take revenge; I will pay them back," says the LORD. Instead, "If your enemies are hungry, feed them. If they are thirsty, give them something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals of shame on their heads." Don't let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good. - Romans 12:19-21

In the KJV, verse 20 says: "Therefore if your enemy hungers, feed him; if he thirsts, give him drink: for in so doing you shall heap coals of fire on his head".

The scripture give us (Christians) the proper way to defeat our physical and herein is wisdom. The wisdom of God is foolishness to people of the world. You can bring fire on your physical enemies without repeatedly calling Holy Ghost fire to burn them by following the scriptural context of Romans 12:19-21. That is how to defeat you physical enemies. When the Holy Ghost fire came on the Apostles on th day of Pentecost, it didn't come to burn them, it came to purify and empower them neither did they fall under such Holy Ghost fire. Stop calling Holy Ghost fire on your enemies, spiritual or physical; it is an exercise in futility.

.....to be continue

3 Likes

Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by AtheistD(m): 8:30pm On Dec 14, 2012
I know the church in particular you are referring to.... mountain of fire ministries wink
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by Nobody: 8:32pm On Dec 14, 2012
Goshen360:

Stop pleading the blood in a religious manner because the blood had already being pleaded and shed for the remission of sin. There is no magical power in an unending application of the blood of Jesus for the numerous uses it is applied for today. It was for our redemption, cleansing and forgiveness of sins only. To use it as such is to have a distorted view of its application today and an irreverent understanding of it being precious, incorruptible and holy.

...to be continue

In these dark days , God is opening more hearts to the truth while destroying the false foundations setup by MEN.

1 Like

Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by Zikkyy(m): 8:51pm On Dec 14, 2012
JeSoul: Another solid thread from brother Goshen.

You mean Pastor Goshen angry and in case you don't know, I am in charge of the offering plate around here angry so do the right thing smiley *[size=4pt]gives J-soul the offering plate[/size]*
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by ijawkid(m): 9:27pm On Dec 14, 2012
Zikkyy:

You mean Pastor Goshen angry and in case you don't know, I am in charge of the offering plate around here angry so do the right thing smiley *[size=4pt]gives J-soul the offering plate[/size]*

Lol.........I don put hole for the plate.....as jesoeul dey drop am na me dey collect am.....

grin grin
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by plappville(f): 9:39pm On Dec 14, 2012
Euhhh!! I can smell some good work in here, keep them coming Frère Goshen.

Very Inspiring, I believe some end time Christians will have alot of false practice to drop after going through this thread.
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by Zikkyy(m): 9:43pm On Dec 14, 2012
ijawkid:

Lol.........I don put hole for the plate.....as jesoeul dey drop am na me dey collect am.....

grin grin

grin we don't need your type in our church. With peeps like you around here Pastor Goshen will not be able to acquire that private jet God revealed to him angry
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by Goshen360(m): 9:46pm On Dec 14, 2012
Zikkyy:

grin we don't need your type in our church. With peeps like you around here Pastor Goshen will not be able to acquire that private jet God revealed to him angry

As if you are in the spirit....my jet na tear rubber..... grin

1 Like

Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by alexleo(m): 10:00pm On Dec 14, 2012
These are practices you can never see in my church. Its all these prosperity preachers that originated these things to make the heart of people excited and be able to drop big amount during offering time. Thank you poster for this wonderful job. We need to start firing more of these truth to save those innocent seekers of the undiluted truth of God's who hitherto has been deceived by the sweet tongued pastors and preachers.
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by alexleo(m): 10:02pm On Dec 14, 2012
Atheist:-D:
I know the church in particular you are referring to.... mountain of fire ministries wink

Its not only mountain of fire. Some other pentecostals practice it.
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by Nobody: 10:19pm On Dec 14, 2012
Goshen360: Today, I begin a teaching in the series - "The End-Time Church With non-apostolic Practices". The early Apostle are men with the mandate to commence the church of Christ and hitherto spread the good news of the Kingdom of God. They laid the foundation for the Church and that foundation was rooted in Christ. Today, we (the end time church) cannot lay any other foundation other than what was laid by the Apostles. Our mission to the world is to build on the foundation that was already laid following the examples of the Apostles. However, the end time church had become so perverted and corrupted with many non-apostolic practices that one will begin to wonder what had happened to the church of Christ over the ages. Today, I present to you the gospel of power and the power of the gospel as I unveil some non-apostolic practices.

In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace - Ephesians 1:7

There are some Charismatic and Pentecostals that use the practice (now a cliché) of pleading the blood over people that are unsaved and things they want cleansed or delivered. Just about anything gets the blood pleaded over it. But this is an unbiblical practice; nowhere do we read of the apostles "pleading the Blood". We see no such practice by the apostles or instructions in the epistles to do any such sprinkling or pleading of Christ's blood on anyone (even those demon possessed).

In the Old Testament it was a physical act by the priest to put the blood on the altar, not moving it from one place to another. It is the same principle in the New Testament, one cannot move it on to those people or things for cleansing by speaking, (pleading it). The blood represents the life of the person; we cannot plead His life on others? Only the high priest handled the blood to go on the mercy seat for the forgiveness of sins, Jesus is the one who sprinkled His blood, not us. We can’t physically touch it today nor can we apply it somewhere else spiritually, since we are not the high priest, Jesus is.

He said this is my body pointing to the Passover lamb motif in the Old Testament as a type and shadow. He was given as a lamb on a specific day and time for a specific purpose. If it was done any other way or day it would not have been acceptable. Just as John the baptizer introduced him as "the LAMB that takes away the sins of the world". Christ fulfilled all the Old Testament types and shadow including the scapegoat but it was the Passover lamb that is of the most importance. He was judged instead of us, so he passed over our judgment and we go from death to life.

Hebrews 9:7-14 has a deep revelation on Christ sacrifices and his blood. Scripture makes it crystal clear the blood of Christ unlike the high priest type in the OT did was offered once and for all, not repeatedly like the OT. Hebrews 9:11-12. By His death He poured out His life and died for our sins we would be reconciled by it. This was done as a propitiation to the Father almost 2,000 years ago and is still effective today. The atonement was for man and unto God the Father. Propitiation for sins is always toward God, not toward man. The Father accepted His payment for our sins. We ourselves do not touch the blood, it is applied to our lives by the high priest who is Christ when we believe in faith to receive his Atonement. Eph.1:7; Col. 1:14 says "in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins". and Rev. 1:5: "To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood". This occurred almost 2,000 years ago.

...to be continue
stop preaching error..The foundation of the Church was not only laid by the apostles: Built on the foundation of the APOSTLES AND PROPHETS, WITH CHRIST JESUS HIMSELF AS THE CHIEF CORNERSTONE(EPH2:20). Was it a deliberate ploy by you to remove the prophets? Or was it out of pure arrogance and ignorance?
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by plappville(f): 10:24pm On Dec 14, 2012
alexleo: These are practices you can never see in my church. Its all these prosperity preachers that originated these things to make the heart of people excited and be able to drop big amount during offering time. Thank you poster for this wonderful job. We need to start firing more of these truth to save those innocent seekers of the undiluted truth of God's who hitherto has been deceived by the sweet tongued pastors and preachers.

My former church practice this alot hahaha, but i thank God for the new one grin grin
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by ijawkid(m): 10:29pm On Dec 14, 2012
Zikkyy:

Lol...........
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by Nobody: 10:37pm On Dec 14, 2012
alexleo: These are practices you can never see in my church. Its all these prosperity preachers that originated these things to make the heart of people excited and be able to drop big amount during offering time. Thank you poster for this wonderful job. We need to start firing more of these truth to save those innocent seekers of the undiluted truth of God's who hitherto has been deceived by the sweet tongued pastors and preachers.
Hypocrictical statements..what is the difference between you and the pharisees in Jesus era? Continue to delude ursef dat ur church is d best..read revelation and hear wat Jesus talked about all the Churches..God will help us.
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by alexleo(m): 8:19am On Dec 15, 2012
Bidam: Hypocrictical statements..what is the difference between you and the pharisees in Jesus era? Continue to delude ursef dat ur church is d best..read revelation and hear wat Jesus talked about all the Churches..God will help us.
you sound so foolish. Who is talking about best church here? My church dont engage in such pracice. Period. Wether you believe it or not doesnt change anything.

1 Like

Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by alexleo(m): 8:21am On Dec 15, 2012
plappville:

My former church practice this alot hahaha, but i thank God for the new one grin grin

Was that the reason you left your former church?
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by alexleo(m): 8:44am On Dec 15, 2012
Bidam: stop preaching error..The foundation of the Church was not only laid by the apostles: Built on the foundation of the APOSTLES AND PROPHETS, WITH CHRIST JESUS HIMSELF AS THE CHIEF CORNERSTONE(EPH2:20). Was it a deliberate ploy by you to remove the prophets? Or was it out of pure arrogance and ignorance?

Shut up if you dont have reasonable thing to post

1 Like

Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by Nobody: 9:02am On Dec 15, 2012
alexleo:
you sound so foolish. Who is talking about best church here? My church dont engage in such pracice. Period. Wether you believe it or not doesnt change anything.
quote: this are practices u can never see in my church: ur statement not mine..will u try and explain that statement sir? And thank u for calling me foolish..no wahala..we re all learning.
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by RanchOwner: 11:12am On Dec 15, 2012
A clear, neat and easy to understand teaching.
How I wish this kind of teaching is avalaible in our churches.
Christians need to be taught and well equipped for the work of the kingdom, unfortunately majority of us are 'shallow christians'.
Goshen, thanks for this.
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by alexleo(m): 2:05pm On Dec 15, 2012
RanchOwner: A clear, neat and easy to understand teaching.
How I wish this kind of teaching is avalaible in our churches.
Christians need to be taught and well equipped for the work of the kingdom, unfortunately majority of us are 'shallow christians'.
Goshen, thanks for this.

God bless you my brother.
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by ichuka(m): 3:25pm On Dec 15, 2012
Goshen360: Today, I begin a teaching in the series - "The End-Time Church With non-apostolic Practices". The early Apostle are men with the mandate to commence the church of Christ and hitherto spread the good news of the Kingdom of God. They laid the foundation for the Church and that foundation was rooted in Christ. Today, we (the end time church) cannot lay any other foundation other than what was laid by the Apostles. Our mission to the world is to build on the foundation that was already laid following the examples of the Apostles. However, the end time church had become so perverted and corrupted with many non-apostolic practices that one will begin to wonder what had happened to the church of Christ over the ages. Today, I present to you the gospel of power and the power of the gospel as I unveil some non-apostolic practices.

...to be continue

And they(christains) overcame him by the BLOOD of the Lamb,by the word of their testimony;and they loved not their lives unto death..Rev12:11.
To say the Blood is no longer effective in the life of a christain means that the book of Revelation is in the past.
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by alexleo(m): 8:19pm On Dec 15, 2012
Bidam: quote: this are practices u can never see in my church: ur statement not mine..will u try and explain that statement sir? And thank u for calling me foolish..no wahala..we re all learning.

You feel bad? Sorry for offending you but its unfair to say am being hypocritical in my statement.
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by Goshen360(m): 8:25pm On Dec 15, 2012
i.chuka:

And they(christains) overcame him by the BLOOD of the Lamb,by the word of their testimony;and they loved not their lives unto death..Rev12:11.
To say the Blood is no longer effective in the life of a christain means that the book of Revelation is in the past.

i.chuka, thank you for bringing this up. When I was a baby Christian back then in Lagos. In the prayer warrior, we often use this verse, Revelation 12:11 and we repeatedly plead the blood. What Revelation 12:11 is saying is that we (Christian) walk in the victory that had been done by the blood. You will agree that this very verse is a future event and yet, it says we overCAME (already done). It is not we pleading it time and time again that gave the victory, it is the lamb of God and that was done. Satan is already defeated, we only walk in the victory that Christ obtained for us by the blood.

Second, If you don't agree with what am saying, it's okay but let's look at it from another angle. If I plead the blood yesterday by faith to defeat the devil and his angels, it will mean they should be defeated or they are defeated when I pleaded the blood yesterday. While pleading the blood again today and tomorrow if the one pleaded yesterday worked.

When Jesus resurrected he said, "ALL powers in heaven and on earth had been given to me"....Long story short, Satan, his cohorts and the evils of the world had already being defeated and we don't defeat them by ourselves but THROUGH Christ, that is, through the victory that Christ had already done for us. We exercise and walk in that victory!

English Standard Version (©2001)
For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith. - I John 5:4

Our faith in what? - In the finished work and victory of Christ. Christ obtained everything on our behalf. We walk in it by faith and Apostle Paul says, "we walk by faith, not by sight".

English Standard Version (©2001)
But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. - I Corinthians 15:57

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
I write unto you, fathers, because you have known him who is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because you have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because you have known the Father. I John 2:13
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by plappville(f): 8:39pm On Dec 15, 2012
alexleo:

Was that the reason you left your former church?
No, i had to change because of relocation, I found one closer to my new residence.
Am pleased with this one, even though they indulge in some traditions like Christmas.

I like the monthly breaking of bread practice. grin grin
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by plappville(f): 8:48pm On Dec 15, 2012
I don't think there is any best church and no one should in anyway try to over rate a church.
Besides, The church is not the building but the brethren. Its high time we let go false practice in the body of Christ.
Thank God for many who have find/know the truth. It shall surelly set them free.
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by Goshen360(m): 9:17pm On Dec 15, 2012
3. The Practice of Church branches remitting all tithes and/or resources to the headquarters by controlling God's people.

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. - II Corinthians 3:17

Under the Apostolic move, many churches were planted by Apostle Paul but none of this churches planted ever had to remit tithe and collections to Jerusalem or Apostle Paul headquarters International. Such practices in today's end-time church is an anti-Christ practices. It is a witchcraft spirit of controlling and manipulations. The pastors are controlled from the headquarter church and have to take permission for virtually everything they had to do.

Yes, we have to obey them that have rule over us as Christians according to Hebrews 13:17 BUT those who have rule over us MUST NOT "LORD" over us according 1 Peter 5:3. They MUST NOT control God's people. There is liberty in Christ and we have been called to liberty but not to abuse our liberty. Apostle Paul often write and visited the churches he established in Christ but he never commanded all resources to himself nor to Jerusalem. Apostle Paul by the Holy Spirit will tutor a believer like Timothy to pastor a church and allow liberty of God's Spirit in their midst.

We do not see this kind of practices with the Apostles and scripture declares the Spirit of God is not in places where such practices are done. Any religious organization that takes away liberty and freedom is nothing but modern cult. Where is 100% of control, manipulations of resources to any headquarter church is a system of the occult in the name of God. Any church or religious organization that controls all resources e.g tithes and offerings of their branches; controls human activities in the church branches etc to any headquarters is practicing modern occult. Some even tell the branch pastors what messages to preach or what not to preach. The Spirit of Christ is the Spirit of liberty.

...to be continue

2 Likes

Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 15, 2012
The three points u raised are so cogent and can't be waved aside. I agree completely with the three. I got to see the veracity of these statements and others in my quiet meditations. The day I saw the evil of denominations in the scriptures, I screamed and it was in gal 5:20 in amp, it says sect with a peculair opinion, factions. Another version says, thinking ur sect is better than the other. Why should we leave the scriptures and say that this is what my 'church'preaches? A xtian who cannot study his bible himself is doomed. But the issue remains that, how can u explain to old people that had been used to these practice and it had worked for them, they had results. They had pleaded the blood in danger and had seen results, they had called fire on their enemies and they had seen results. U think it is just easy to teach them out of these? The idea that came to my heart was that just like a babe will cry when he needs something instead of talking and the mother will understand, so also are all these practices. God answers not cos of it but inspite of it. I love this piece, I'm enjoying it, God bless u bro.
An Advice: If u can just stick with this style of declaring the truth, it would be good. Don't join the bad wagon of making mockery of men of God. It makes u guilty of what u condemned.I don't believe any correct xtian will make mockery of people let alone these 'fathers in faith' My humble advice.
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by plappville(f): 11:46pm On Dec 15, 2012
Sometimes i just wonder the kind of force they use in manipulating thier congregations
Is it not thesame Bible they read that we read? yet some church doctrine contradict the Scripture, and members are just confortable with it. shocked

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Fallacy, Folly And Fault Of Nigerian Christians / Why Jon Snow Is Better Than Jesus / Body And Soul

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.