Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

How To Get My Aunt To See A Doctor About Her 'Spiritual Attack' - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Get My Aunt To See A Doctor About Her 'Spiritual Attack' (4077 Views)

How I Nearly Killed My Aunt Last Christmas / Little Kid Peeping At Her Aunt's Panties (Photo) / Please Help!!! My Aunt Is Becoming A Prostitute In Her Husband House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Get My Aunt To See A Doctor About Her 'Spiritual Attack' by lioness(f): 10:00am On Apr 26, 2006
grin cheesy
mmomi:

@ Lioness
Please don't cry ok.
Re: How To Get My Aunt To See A Doctor About Her 'Spiritual Attack' by lioness(f): 10:02am On Apr 26, 2006
Spike, you really can't rule out the possibility of a spiritual attack even if u don't believe in it.
I think you should take your aunt to a "bible-believing" church for serious prayer. Personally, i don't think everything is medically based. This life is a mystery and we must handle it with care.
Re: How To Get My Aunt To See A Doctor About Her 'Spiritual Attack' by spikedcylinder: 12:20pm On Apr 26, 2006
I hear you lioness,i would believe you and take your advice but first,it would be wise to seek medical help,dont you think?
Re: How To Get My Aunt To See A Doctor About Her 'Spiritual Attack' by lioness(f): 12:31pm On Apr 26, 2006
oh yeah, sure medical first.
They'd always have a medical name/history but remeber alittle prayer wont hurt. As long as your praying to God not a voddoo charm. cheesy
Re: How To Get My Aunt To See A Doctor About Her 'Spiritual Attack' by spikedcylinder: 12:34pm On Apr 26, 2006
I hear thee.
Thanks for your concern though. smiley
Re: How To Get My Aunt To See A Doctor About Her 'Spiritual Attack' by Reverend(m): 12:42pm On Apr 26, 2006
Forget the Mumbo Jumbo. if you really are educated people and care about this lady, forget all this rubbish about 'spiritual attack'. It is time to come out of the dark ages into the modern World.

Enough people have died at the hands of corrupt preachers and faith healers. She needs a doctor who knows what he is talking about and can diagnose her condition and treat it.

I find it absolutley amazing that in this day and age people are willing to put ther life into the hands of these criminals.

Time to grow up people.
Re: How To Get My Aunt To See A Doctor About Her 'Spiritual Attack' by mmomi(f): 12:43pm On Apr 26, 2006
Nothing is impossible for GOD to do, whether physically ooo, medically ooo, even spitually.
God created everything in His pleasure. Remember I told you only if you have faith(believe).

NOTE: It doesn't mean she won't see the doctor.It is always good to know the problem before solving it.
           medical + prayer = God's intervention.

That's my own!!
Re: How To Get My Aunt To See A Doctor About Her 'Spiritual Attack' by Reverend(m): 6:24pm On Apr 26, 2006
If nothing is impossible for God to do then that must make him a pretty bad person!

With all the suffering and sickness in the World why does he not help?

Maybe it means that he does not care?

Stick to the Doctor, it makes more sense! At least you can see him and the treatment he prescribes normally works!
Re: How To Get My Aunt To See A Doctor About Her 'Spiritual Attack' by Kave(m): 8:38am On Apr 27, 2006
The bible says u must have nothin to do wit spiritism.The very day u do,then ur problems will start.Satan has a way of pullin pple.
U guys shud seek medical advice.Spiritism has to do wit the devil.
Re: How To Get My Aunt To See A Doctor About Her 'Spiritual Attack' by eveseh(f): 7:56pm On Apr 27, 2006
Kave:

The bible says u must have nothin to do wit spiritism.The very day u do,then your problems will start.Satan has a way of pullin people.
U guys should seek medical advice.Spiritism has to do wit the devil.

wow,nice i thoguht u was a pastor,
great kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: How To Get My Aunt To See A Doctor About Her 'Spiritual Attack' by ono(m): 9:25am On May 10, 2006
But do you folks believe in something like spiritual attacks? Is there anything like that? Has anyone experienced it?

If you have, please share your experience with us. I've heard of people getting pressed down on, while in bed and several other stories like that in the past, could it be real?
Re: How To Get My Aunt To See A Doctor About Her 'Spiritual Attack' by Reverend(m): 9:32am On May 10, 2006
@ Ono

It is called an over active imagination! smiley
Re: How To Get My Aunt To See A Doctor About Her 'Spiritual Attack' by ono(m): 9:44am On May 10, 2006
Reverend:

@ Ono

It is called an over active imagination! smiley

Meaning having an hyperactive imagination, right? Like you just allow your mind to think up weird things and that blablabla, right?

Well, a very close friend of mine described this situation in which he was pressed down while in bed. He was practically struggling for breath. And he could not get up, summin like that. When he eventually got up, he was sweating the hell out of his body. Is that hyperactive imagination too?
Re: How To Get My Aunt To See A Doctor About Her 'Spiritual Attack' by Reverend(m): 9:58am On May 10, 2006
Are Asthma. Allergies, Influenza, Epilepsy, Seizures, Convulsions etc all spiritual attacks!

You have to put it into context the many Africans have an extremely superstitious nature.

Many people would rather go to a faith healer than a trained medical professional, just the way that many would rather explain away perfectly normal bodily experiences as being spiritual attacks by evil beings :-)

Tell him to make a circle of red powder and sit indside it. Maybe that will protect him from the Ghosty grin

I for one do not believe in the bogey man cheesy
Re: How To Get My Aunt To See A Doctor About Her 'Spiritual Attack' by ono(m): 10:12am On May 10, 2006
Revvy, I'll start this as a new thread in the Religion block. Let's meet there and not distract people who'd like to help Spikey.
Re: How To Get My Aunt To See A Doctor About Her 'Spiritual Attack' by Reverend(m): 10:16am On May 10, 2006
OK grin
Re: How To Get My Aunt To See A Doctor About Her 'Spiritual Attack' by mamaput(f): 9:30pm On May 10, 2006
ono:

Meaning having an hyperactive imagination, right? Like you just allow your mind to think up weird things and that blablabla, right?

Well, a very close friend of mine described this situation in which he was pressed down while in bed. He was practically struggling for breath. And he could not get up, summin like that. When he eventually got up, he was sweating the hell out of his body. Is that hyperactive imagination too?

You know i and my sisters all had this experience but only in our house over a certain time
At the same time we could not even move.
The strange thing is that this only happened in this house .

@Reverend i dont belive in the boggy man, but there are strange things that happen between heaven and earth.
My sister and i have had the same dream on the same night with the same funny strange evil woman

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wedding's Night / Boyfriend Spends So Much Money On Stay-at-home Mom / How Many Of Us Act Like Kids; Even As Grown Ups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.