Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,172 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Africa's Rising Stars: Five Countries To Watch - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Africa's Rising Stars: Five Countries To Watch (1974 Views)

Nigeria Among World’s Lowest Five Countries To Have Access To Toilets — UNICEF / Yoruba, The 21st Century & Africa Rising / Five Countries To Send 8,700 Troops To Help Jonathan's Govt. Fight Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africa's Rising Stars: Five Countries To Watch by aljharem(m): 10:59am On Dec 16, 2012
Prof Corruption:

lol. Alhaji, I don't agree with you. A president can change Nigeria. A competent leader will easily fire a corrupt minister, will easily recognise and appoint competent cabinet ministers. You don't blame ministers when the powers of hire and fire rest with the president.

Oga, it is not that easy. If you fire them, who are you going to use to replace them ? The same public or your old friends who are probably corrupt and hungry as well. It all starts from the grass root
Re: Africa's Rising Stars: Five Countries To Watch by aljharem(m): 11:01am On Dec 16, 2012
PapaBrowne:

I have also come to this realization Alhaji. But I think more than just Ministers and Governors, the civil service and the Local Governments have to have the right attitude. Anytime I'm in Lagos I always wonder that with all Fashola is said to have done,much of Lagos still holds some of the most horrid human abodes on the face of the planet. These places will experience change only when those directly responsible actually implement their tasks.

LOL Lagos issue sha. Fashola is really trying probably because he is a real lagosian. The issue here is ACN trying to paint Fashola as a superhero thus likes of you would expect magic from him. BTW Tiunbu/ACN is the problem of Lagos not Fashola
Re: Africa's Rising Stars: Five Countries To Watch by tpia1: 11:09am On Dec 16, 2012
Dont see anything new about the list.
Re: Africa's Rising Stars: Five Countries To Watch by PapaBrowne(m): 7:46pm On Feb 23, 2013
tpia1: Dont see anything new about the list.

It isnt news so dont expect to see anything new. The question is what do we as individuals do to take advantage of these opportunities.
Let the government do or fail to do its own. What can we as individuals do to improve this country?
For every business we start, jobs are created and insecurity is automatically reduced.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Built Infrastructure Projects Worth N1.4billion In Agege Slum / N50bn WEST AFRICAN TRADE CENTRE IN OGBUNIKE TO CREATE 25,000 JOBS,SAYS GOV OBI / How 57 Year Old Man Planned To Have Sex, Kill And Eat 14-yr Old Girl (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.