Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,482 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard (28241 Views)

How Okonjo-Iweala's Mother Escaped From Kidnappers - Police / 2 Policemen Arrested For Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapping / Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by obamaobama: 10:36pm On Dec 14, 2012
Prof Corruption: The money is too small. N11m can not buy a good car.

They should be fished out and punished severely for subjecting an aged mother to such an excruciating experience.
fished out ko meat in what about money meant 4 millions of nigerian that the mama gele the embezzle guy go and sleep.
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by davodyguy: 10:40pm On Dec 14, 2012
so much for the errors from vanguard
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by Nobody: 10:41pm On Dec 14, 2012
bigtt76: Wished they could have bugged the sack of money with a GPS tracker and monitored as they move along with the bags and finally nabbed by the a crack team of security agents ..... undecided undecided undecided undecided

You think the kidnappers are not tech savvy. These are educated people with firm knowledge of modern technology. Have you asked yourself why the police could not pinpoint their exact location after series of phone calls made? They are aware of the G.P.S tracker and cash destroyer (device that explodes and destroys the cash few minutes after collection...can be made to explode after 30mins, 1hrs or thereof). The downside is that when they think that you are trying to outsmart them by doing either of these mentioned above, then they will teach you a good lesson by killing the victim. The police know this better and always advise you to give them what you have.
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by SELFWORTH: 10:44pm On Dec 14, 2012
Knowledge9000:

You think the kidnappers are not tech savvy. These are educated people with firm knowledge of modern technology. Have you asked yourself why the police could not pinpoint their exact location after series of phone calls made? They are aware of the G.P.S tracker and cash destroyer (device that explodes and destroys the cash few minutes after collection...can be made to explode after 30mins, 1hrs or thereof). The downside is that when they think that you are trying to outsmart them by doing either of these mentioned above, then they will teach you a good lesson by killing the victim. The police know this better and always advise you to give them what you have.

There are many ways to outsmart them. Nigeria is just a weak country. We have the brains but only utilise it for the wrong things. This could never happen in a civilised country .
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by Godogwu: 10:45pm On Dec 14, 2012
pekelepekele: N11m out of our money . It is we Nigerians that paid the kidnappers out of our tax money not Okonjo Iweala if not she would have wait on the police to rescue her mother after all a woman who gave birth to a woman of 50years old plus is good to die.

what money? are you dumb did your father give the government N1m to keep for you? rubbish!!......her daughter is the bloody minister of finance, the woman was the vice president of the world bank for a period, N11m is nothing to her compared to her mothers life. Some of you are just Nitwits

1 Like

Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by brown3: 10:45pm On Dec 14, 2012
Blackteeth: I think the best way to solve this kidnapping wahala is to seriously declare NO MORE PAYMENT OF RANSOMS.
After one or two kidnappings and no ransoms paid, it would be a thing of the past.
oboy if they kidnapp ur mom wont u pay for her released, even u dont hav d money am sure u wil go borowing.
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by lasunray(m): 10:45pm On Dec 14, 2012
* Day 1: Ngozi's mother was kidnapped
* Day 2: Kidnapers made contact and
requested for $1billion to free her.
* Day 3: GEJ requested N161billion for
supplementary budget. (19 days to end
the year) $1b = N160billion
* Day 4: Senate approves $1billion for
GEJ.
Day 5: Kidnappers released Ngozi's
mother. A very interesting story. Nigeria

MovieMagicNigeria

1 Like

Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by Godogwu: 10:50pm On Dec 14, 2012
SELFWORTH:

There are many ways to outsmart them. Nigeria is just a weak country. We have the brains but only utilise it for the wrong things. This could never happen in a civilised country .

if the president of the US gets kidnapped by members of Al qaeda....the government would pay whatever amount because they know he will be blown to smithereens and yes, it can happen in any civilized country, "Mr know it all"
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by Odutodaiwa: 10:51pm On Dec 14, 2012
I am saving my own 10m naira and until it's complete I am not travelling to Nigeria. At least we know the regulated price for ransom in Nigeria now. It's great the Federal government pegged the regulated price as stipulated by the Ministry of Finance at 10m Naira.

2 Likes

Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by nairalady(f): 10:55pm On Dec 14, 2012
na waoo embarassed
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by temkemol: 10:58pm On Dec 14, 2012
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by Nickydrake(m): 11:02pm On Dec 14, 2012
Richfella: Like just N10m? shocked shocked shocked.

Exactly!

Didn't one of the numerous articles on this affair mention that the gang had at least ten active members? What sorta person risks a kidnapping racket for a paltry million? Legislators get paid far more than that to sit in air-conditioned auditoriums and sleep.

Then you recruit men, get a disposable get-away car, acquire arms and ammunition, scout for and secure a safehouse. . . only to be fed a measly million.

It's either kidnapping ain't so lucrative after all or these criminals suffer from a lack of imagination.

And yep, i do sympathise with the poor old woman.

Edited.

1 Like

Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by misterh(m): 11:04pm On Dec 14, 2012
pekelepekele: N11m out of our money . It is we Nigerians that paid the kidnappers out of our tax money not Okonjo Iweala if not she would have wait on the police to rescue her mother after all a woman who gave birth to a woman of 50years old plus is good to die.
Your comment reeks of hatred & wickedness. Even if you don't like the daughter, spare the old mother ur hatred. Would you have been elated if the innocent mother was killed? What benefit will you derive from her death?
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by greatgod2012(f): 11:06pm On Dec 14, 2012
Something is wispering witin me that there is more to this story, i would rather not comment now, until d real truth is out.
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by kingsceemark(m): 11:07pm On Dec 14, 2012
Archmed: Hahaha....With all the federal connections and mights,,,they Paid...hahaha....they paid...God..they Paid..they paid...they paid..they paid...they paid ..they paid...they paid..they paid...they paid...they paid
*drops phone..panting heavily*

YOU think say na play be dis? Na so crazy dey start be dis your style grin
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by kingsceemark(m): 11:11pm On Dec 14, 2012
Blackteeth: I think the best way to solve this kidnapping wahala is to seriously declare NO MORE PAYMENT OF RANSOMS. 
After one or two kidnappings and no ransoms paid, it would be a thing of the past.

None of dem victim go come out alive
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by kingsceemark(m): 11:16pm On Dec 14, 2012
Godogwu: 

what money? are you dumb did your father give the government N1m to keep for you? rubbish!!......her daughter is the bloody minister of finance, the woman was the vice president of the world bank for a period, N11m is nothing to her compared to her mothers life. Some of you are just Nitwits

O boy, take am easy with dis your grammar
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by mutiply: 11:17pm On Dec 14, 2012
greatgod2012: Something is wispering witin me that there is more to this story, i would rather not comment now, until d real truth is out.
The real truth will be out in vision 2020 report,never trust naija politicians. If they wanted us to knw the truth,the kidnaped victim will tell us all we need to knw.
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by mkoabiola: 11:18pm On Dec 14, 2012
Knowledge9000:

U are right.
Ds is not a day plan.
Bt hw come u knw all ds tricks ,av u workd with dem b4?
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by nuelkaosi(m): 11:21pm On Dec 14, 2012
bigtt76: Wished they could have bugged the sack of money with a GPS tracker and monitored as they move along with the bags and finally nabbed by the a crack team of security agents ..... undecided undecided undecided undecided
and you think they re as dumb as not hv heard of a GPS tracker
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by brentkruge: 11:22pm On Dec 14, 2012
is it just me.... Why is that with Nigerian journalist when they want a headline grabbing story its always given by nameless clandestine "source". What was the relationship of the "source" (assuming its a credible one) to the journalist to the extent of divulging such information? undecided

By the way that amount sounds way too small for the caliber of target in question. N10m is for immature kidnappers, I am sure. So i doubt the story in toto.

Anyways, me thinks that its high time a law is made forbidding the payment of ransoms to kidnappers. In this way, the "business" will die. My reason is simple, you pay the kidnappers ransom, it exposes more people to danger. For kidnapping it should life in prison.

Pay a ransom and go to jail for five years with hard labour!

1 Like

Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by Nobody: 11:22pm On Dec 14, 2012
If the kidnappers just collected 10 million Naira, they must be indeed VERY STU.PI.D. How will you go through all the stress of kidnapping someone as high profile as Okonjo Iweala's mother and collect just 10 million. Just 10 million shocked This is the biggest lie I have heard this year shocked 10 million cannot even buy all of them brand new cars considering they must have been atleast 4 to 5 people involved in the plot. I am sure they paid no less than 200 million so they should stop telling us cock and bull stories joor. God forbid sef but me sef wey no to hold like that I still cost pass 10 million grin

2 Likes

Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by Nobody: 11:24pm On Dec 14, 2012
mko abiola:
U are right.
Ds is not a day plan.
Bt hw come u knw all ds tricks ,av u workd with dem b4?

It's a commonplace
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by tpapi: 11:27pm On Dec 14, 2012
c dis poorman wey dey make noise 4 nairaland,wen last u n ur papa pay tax
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by Nobody: 11:28pm On Dec 14, 2012

I have no problem with your suggestion if you would let us start with your mother. Have them kidnap her and like you said "NO MORE PAYMENT OF RANSOMS". If this works with your mother and she comes out alive, then we can model it everywhere else. How does this sound?
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by OkparaIgbo: 11:28pm On Dec 14, 2012
When would this country join the league of countries with Police Helicopters to track and hunt down these criminals head on. For those celebrating the kidnap of this woman, I just sit back and marvel at your ignorance because these are the same people that will query what is wrong with the country forgetting that it's individuals that make up a country and change must start within. I say no to any form of crime against innocent victims of the failed system
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by thelastPope(m): 11:30pm On Dec 14, 2012
Nigerian journalists are the worst set of journalists in the world! They are all copying the saharareporters model now because they think it draws attention. Shameful. You just sitt behind the desk and print anything sensational just to sell. Even if they gave out money, you think more than 2 or 3 people in the family will be aware? And you think any of those 2 or 3 will leak the information to Vanguard? The easiest thing to say is "our source said this or that". No evidence! Nothing! I don't blame them. I blame Nigerians who like gossip and sensational news and never use their brains. How did vanguard know they are a gang of ten when they haven't heard anything from the kidnapped professor? How can a gang of ten collect 10 or 1w million from Minister of finance for her mother's freedom? Like I said before, the kidnappers got nothing because they saw the whole army and state force coming down on them and the had to call it off. It was a wrong deal all along. You can't kidnap such a high profile government official's mum and collect money. Even if they pay you the money, you are a gonner! Ask any Niger Delta militant and they will tell you that there are rules to these things. It doesn't work that way.

2 Likes

Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by Turbocharged: 11:34pm On Dec 14, 2012
Sorry!!!
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by NEROSKY(m): 11:37pm On Dec 14, 2012
than God.....
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by Revolva(m): 11:40pm On Dec 14, 2012
I said it they paid money - for her release - yes those kidnappers can't just be so dumb not to collect any moullah .. I knew all what the press and police been saying about her escape and not paying a dime were all lies - inface they even paid more than 11 Milla - boiz must share money this december!!!! Hahaha
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by ubong560(m): 11:40pm On Dec 14, 2012
There are som myopic redundancies in d entire story. E.g, she was kidnapped on sunday and was released dis morning being Friday. How com saturday wch hasn't com in d whole show came in in d story? Read it well and u will c wat am saying. I dont trust dis story. It culd b fake.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Aregbesola Shuns Ooni's Burial For Lagos Meeting / Nigerian Soldier Reacts To Boko Haram Getting N1m Daily & Soldiers Getting N1000 / EndSARS: Why We Are Still ‘Protesting’ – Policemen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.