Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Breaking News: Gov Yakowa, Azazi Feared Dead In Helicopter Crash - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Gov Yakowa, Azazi Feared Dead In Helicopter Crash (2152 Views)

I Have No Hand In Helicopter Crash – Dasuki…commiserates With Azazi, Yakowa Fami / Last Photos Of Yakowa & Azazi / Azazi, Yakowa Die In Helicopter Crash? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Gov Yakowa, Azazi Feared Dead In Helicopter Crash by felixzo1(m): 7:20pm On Dec 15, 2012
A military helicopter has reportedly crashed near Yenegoa in Bayelsa State, Saturday evening.

Governor Patrick Yakowa of Kaduna State, former national security adviser, NSA, General Owoeye Azazi were said to be in the naval aircraft at the time of the crash.

Others in the ill-fated crash include a top politician from Kaduna state Dudas Tsoho, Azazi’s orderly, the pilot and his co-pilot.

Vanguard gathered that the victims were returning from the funeral of the father of the Special Adviser to President Goodluck Jonathan, Douglas Oronto to Yenagoa the Bayelsa capital when the helicopter crashed into the creeks. The helicopter was said to have burst into flames.

It is uncertain if there were survivors.

More details soon http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/12/breaking-news-military-helicopter-crash-in-bayelsa/
Re: Breaking News: Gov Yakowa, Azazi Feared Dead In Helicopter Crash by Nobody: 7:26pm On Dec 15, 2012
One by one them done they die
Re: Breaking News: Gov Yakowa, Azazi Feared Dead In Helicopter Crash by 9jii(m): 7:29pm On Dec 15, 2012
God save kadina
Re: Breaking News: Gov Yakowa, Azazi Feared Dead In Helicopter Crash by Urine: 7:29pm On Dec 15, 2012
cry
Re: Breaking News: Gov Yakowa, Azazi Feared Dead In Helicopter Crash by Urine: 7:31pm On Dec 15, 2012
Judgement day came earlier than expected.
Re: Breaking News: Gov Yakowa, Azazi Feared Dead In Helicopter Crash by speeder(m): 7:32pm On Dec 15, 2012
I wish life had a "rewind-the-weekend" button
Re: Breaking News: Gov Yakowa, Azazi Feared Dead In Helicopter Crash by Taiwo20(m): 7:33pm On Dec 15, 2012
God keep and rest their souls
Re: Breaking News: Gov Yakowa, Azazi Feared Dead In Helicopter Crash by Taiwo20(m): 7:35pm On Dec 15, 2012
5th to comment incase it makes frontpage.
Re: Breaking News: Gov Yakowa, Azazi Feared Dead In Helicopter Crash by abbakacici: 7:37pm On Dec 15, 2012
Two gone 34 remaining
Re: Breaking News: Gov Yakowa, Azazi Feared Dead In Helicopter Crash by Fornorth(m): 7:41pm On Dec 15, 2012
thank god kaduna is back to us muslims
Re: Breaking News: Gov Yakowa, Azazi Feared Dead In Helicopter Crash by Nobody: 7:43pm On Dec 15, 2012
It is becoming increasing clear that Nigeria's skies are just as unsafe as her road network.
Re: Breaking News: Gov Yakowa, Azazi Feared Dead In Helicopter Crash by honeric01(m): 7:44pm On Dec 15, 2012
I hope those investing their money into private jets are watching?
Re: Breaking News: Gov Yakowa, Azazi Feared Dead In Helicopter Crash by ypzilanti: 7:45pm On Dec 15, 2012
During the funeral of GEJ's brother, at PH airport there were over 20 private jets as well as helicopters ferrying VIPs to the burial site. No VIP wants to use the bad roads. What is the distance from Port Harcourt to Bayelsa? The EAST-WEST ROAD is bad. Kidnappers and armed robbers line the highways.

Please God forgive me for the unconscious happiness I experience when I hear of Nigeria's problems catching up with the people in power who do nothing to change things for the better. I pray they survive, because they are human beings...I hope they survive and learn a lesson.

I hope David Mark is watching this...as he flies in his helicopter, avoiding the bad roads of Benue State.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Gov Yakowa, Azazi Feared Dead In Helicopter Crash by emmke(m): 7:45pm On Dec 15, 2012
Fornorth: thank god kaduna is back to us muslims
sickman

4 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Gov Yakowa, Azazi Feared Dead In Helicopter Crash by Chamber10(m): 7:46pm On Dec 15, 2012

Is that all u have to say? We are talking about someone's death and all u hv to say is this rubbish. God hv mercy on you.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Gov Yakowa, Azazi Feared Dead In Helicopter Crash by biolanurat: 7:47pm On Dec 15, 2012

See ur laif!!!! We r talking abt death here and u r already thinking of who to take ova. Wen wil Nigerians learn to do away wit religious & ethnicity sentiments The person dead here is sombody's father, son, husband , uncle..... Pls respect d dead cos it wil be ur too one day.
Re: Breaking News: Gov Yakowa, Azazi Feared Dead In Helicopter Crash by Gbawe: 7:51pm On Dec 15, 2012
eGuerrilla: It is becoming increasing clear that Nigeria's skies are just as unsafe as her road network.

My brother, this tragedy is compounded further by the myopic, vacuous and ultimately self-defeatist elitism of our leaders. Imagine if we had a reliable and modern rail system linking Nigeria? I cannot count how many politicians and eminent folks I have sat close to on the London underground to include former London Mayor Ken Livinstone.

Nigeria is now one of the best example , in the entire world, of how not to do things. We are a top model of what even semi-ambitious Nations should ensure they refrain from doing if seeking development. Rather than develop our roads and rail system, some politicians would prefer to loot copiously so they can afford the airplanes they assume will help them avoid our wretched roads. Tragic.

Mind you, I am not saying the victims were part of the rot and I wish the souls of the departed RIP.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Gov Yakowa, Azazi Feared Dead In Helicopter Crash by searay(m): 7:55pm On Dec 15, 2012
There's no reason why ACIDTALK should not be call a Prophet.

https://www.nairaland.com/1066757/predictions-last-quarter-year

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Gov Yakowa, Azazi Feared Dead In Helicopter Crash by rushj(m): 7:57pm On Dec 15, 2012
No one passes their time of death. More and heavy stones/rocks on their grave
Re: Breaking News: Gov Yakowa, Azazi Feared Dead In Helicopter Crash by Patdedon(m): 8:04pm On Dec 15, 2012
Northern govs and air crash! =-? °=-?..нмм . RIP
Re: Breaking News: Gov Yakowa, Azazi Feared Dead In Helicopter Crash by Fornorth(m): 8:05pm On Dec 15, 2012
biolanurat:

See ur laif!!!! We r talking abt death here and u r already thinking of who to take ova. Wen wil Nigerians learn to do away wit religious & ethnicity sentiments The person dead here is sombody's father, son, husband , uncle..... Pls respect d dead cos it wil be ur too one day.
sorry if it pain u but rright now we dey celabrate like the way some people did when yar'adua die.bY the way no christian wil everl rule kaduna again. RIP YAKOWA

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Gov Yakowa, Azazi Feared Dead In Helicopter Crash by Ozonna(m): 8:05pm On Dec 15, 2012

I am sure muslims in the North will be shouting and Jubilating that an INFIDEL is dead.

RIP Yakowa,Azazi,etc
Re: Breaking News: Gov Yakowa, Azazi Feared Dead In Helicopter Crash by Patdedon(m): 8:06pm On Dec 15, 2012

You r very sick. See a psychologist asap 4 ur own good
Re: Breaking News: Gov Yakowa, Azazi Feared Dead In Helicopter Crash by initiate: 8:07pm On Dec 15, 2012
Or was it sabotage? Now we know why Jonathan held the whole of lagos road users to ransom yesterdayinstead of using a helicopter
Re: Breaking News: Gov Yakowa, Azazi Feared Dead In Helicopter Crash by advocate666: 8:12pm On Dec 15, 2012
initiate: Or was it sabotage? Now we know why Jonathan held the whole of lagos road users to ransom yesterdayinstead of using a helicopter

More likely lack of proper maintenance than sabotage.
Re: Breaking News: Gov Yakowa, Azazi Feared Dead In Helicopter Crash by floriana(m): 8:12pm On Dec 15, 2012
I wish Oritsejafool was with them too.
Re: Breaking News: Gov Yakowa, Azazi Feared Dead In Helicopter Crash by Bolt2011(m): 8:12pm On Dec 15, 2012
If this be true, then the pilot must be a SUICIDE-CRASHER (Governor Haram). Lord have mercy on Nigeria cry
Re: Breaking News: Gov Yakowa, Azazi Feared Dead In Helicopter Crash by Fornorth(m): 8:15pm On Dec 15, 2012
Patdedon:

You r very sick. See a psychologist asap 4 ur own good
won't you help me i though u are the one?
Re: Breaking News: Gov Yakowa, Azazi Feared Dead In Helicopter Crash by demmy(m): 8:16pm On Dec 15, 2012

PRINCESS STELLA ADAEZE ODUAH, OON
HONOURABLE MINISTER OF AVIATION
FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA

Since this princess took over at aviation we've had more crashes than you can count.

*Nigeria's deputy police chief and three other officers were killed when a helicopter crashed in the central city of Jos in March.

*In June, a passenger plane crashed into a densely populated part of Lagos, Nigeria's commercial hub, killing 163 people.

*The Governor of Taraba State, Mr. Danbaba Suntai, survived a plane crash in neighbouring Adamawa State on Thursday, but his condition is said to be critical. Five other passengers, including the governor’s security detail for the journey, survived the crash.

*The private helicopter crashed Friday outside Ife-Odan in Osun state in a mountaineous area, said Yushau Shuaib, spokesman for the national emergency management agency (NEMA).He told AFP that three people aboard the OAS helicopter -- the pilot and two women -- died.

*A Nigerian businesswoman died on Saturday in a helicopter crash in southern part of Nigeria, along with her personal assistant and their Filipino pilot.
Re: Breaking News: Gov Yakowa, Azazi Feared Dead In Helicopter Crash by pgiddy(m): 8:16pm On Dec 15, 2012
Jez heard it also on Ait, dey were coming from Oronto douglas father's burial, the good ones die wwhile d wicked ones still remain alive. Choi
Re: Breaking News: Gov Yakowa, Azazi Feared Dead In Helicopter Crash by Lordave: 8:16pm On Dec 15, 2012
Why alwayz North
Re: Breaking News: Gov Yakowa, Azazi Feared Dead In Helicopter Crash by ayox2003: 8:16pm On Dec 15, 2012
Its quite hazy...

Is it right for a Governor and a Former Security Chief to use a military helicopter?

Plus I still don't know what right have they to use a military helicopter for a trip to an unofficial funeral ceremony.

I hope they survive...atleast to answer these questions.

Frawzey

(1) (2)

Anambra Distributes 177 Suvs To Traditional Rulers. / If Your Were Asked To Choose OR Change A State Of Origin, Where Will U Go & Why? / Oritsejafor Worst CAN President In Years, Says El-rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.