Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,453 members, 7,770,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:50 AM

PRND432 Display On My Audi A6 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / PRND432 Display On My Audi A6 (3560 Views)

Help! My Audi A4 Takes Too Much Fuel!! / My Audi A6 1999 Model Transmision Problem / How Do I Take Care Of My Audi A6r (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PRND432 Display On My Audi A6 by swiftstitch: 9:23pm On Dec 15, 2012
I bought an Audi A6 2001 sedan with above 50,000km covered. i started the engine this morning and noticed a PRND432 indicator in red with a warning sign on the dash board. i sure need help, does anyone have an idea?
Re: PRND432 Display On My Audi A6 by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 15, 2012
swiftstitch: I bought an Audi A6 2001 sedan with above 50,000km covered. i started the engine this morning and noticed a PRND432 indicator in red with a warning sign on the dash board. i sure need help, does anyone have an idea?

Your ZF5HP19-A transmission is in limp mode. Your car may feel sluggish moving from standstill, as it will only engage 4th gear. It may not shift to 5th, regardless of how hard you press the gas pedal.

Reverse may engage with a b-a-n-g.

I have an idea what's wrong with your car, but for now, I won't give a verdict, until you have the car scanned. It needs to be scanned with a decent scanner, as generic ones will only scan the engine management. Get the fault codes, and post them here. Whatever you do, don't let your mechanic clear any codes. Clearing them does NOT solve the problem. And don't let him pull your transmission, until you've posted the codes here.
Re: PRND432 Display On My Audi A6 by swiftstitch: 9:49pm On Dec 15, 2012
Thanks, i will do that ASAP and get the error codes here.
Siena:

Your ZF5HP19-A transmission is in limp mode. Your car may feel sluggish moving from standstill, as it will only engage 4th gear. It may not shift to 5th, regardless of how hard you press the gas pedal.

Reverse may engage with a bang.

I have an idea what's wrong with your car, but for now, I won't give a verdict, until you have the car scanned. It needs to be scanned with a decent scanner, as generic ones will only scan the engine management. Get the fault codes, and post them here. Whatever you do, don't let your mechanic clear any codes. Clearing them does NOT solve the problem. And don't let him pull your transmission, until you've posted the codes here.
Re: PRND432 Display On My Audi A6 by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 15, 2012
swiftstitch: Thanks, i will do that ASAP and get the error codes here.

No worries bro.
Re: PRND432 Display On My Audi A6 by swiftstitch: 10:52pm On Dec 15, 2012
Siena:

No worries bro.

Would you advise that i take the car back to the dealer cos it's barely a week old or the problem in sight is worth facing?
Sorry to bother you, just would appreciate your expert opinion.
Re: PRND432 Display On My Audi A6 by Nobody: 11:07pm On Dec 15, 2012
swiftstitch: Would you advise that i take the car back to the dealer cos it's barely a week old or the problem in sight is worth facing?
Sorry to bother you, just would appreciate your expert opinion.

Brother, you're not bothering me at all, I only wish I could do more. I do get confused though, when a 2001 automobile is described as a week old. The age of an automobile is calculated from the date of first registration, in the original country of sale. Not when you purchased it.

Still, if you've only had the car for a week, then it may be worth seeing what the seller can do for you. But in Nigeria, I don't fancy your chances. Worse if it's a private seller.
Re: PRND432 Display On My Audi A6 by swiftstitch: 7:03pm On Dec 19, 2012
Siena:

Brother, you're not bothering me at all, I only wish I could do more. I do get confused though, when a 2001 automobile is described as a week old. The age of an automobile is calculated from the date of first registration, in the original country of sale. Not when you purchased it.

Still, if you've only had the car for a week, then it may be worth seeing what the seller can do for you. But in Nigeria, I don't fancy your chances. Worse if it's a private seller.

Thanks Mr Siena for your help always, i meant a week that i acquired the used car. I ran diagnostic checks on the car and no codes were generated guess they've been cleared but the PRND432 indicator still flashes. The car moves perfectly with all the gears working(with a mild thump sound with the reverse) but i am scared of what the flashing indicator implies though i do not know. Can you recommend a solution based on the described symptoms.
Re: PRND432 Display On My Audi A6 by proo212(m): 10:47am On Dec 21, 2012
Siena, you're the VAG Master best placed to answer this but I'm seriously holding my breadth for this guy.
Re: PRND432 Display On My Audi A6 by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 21, 2012
swiftstitch: Thanks Mr Siena for your help always, i meant a week that i acquired the used car. I ran diagnostic checks on the car and no codes were generated guess they've been cleared but the PRND432 indicator still flashes. The car moves perfectly with all the gears working(with a mild thump sound with the reverse) but i am scared of what the flashing indicator implies though i do not know. Can you recommend a solution based on the described symptoms.

Bro, there WILL be codes stored, no question. But the transmission will have to be scanned independently, not the regular auto scan, which will only scan the engine electrics / ECU.
Re: PRND432 Display On My Audi A6 by swiftstitch: 1:19pm On Dec 22, 2012
Siena:

Bro, there WILL be codes stored, no question. But the transmission will have to be scanned independently, not the regular auto scan, which will only scan the engine electrics / ECU.

Where can i scan transmission or what kind of scanner can be used to achieve that sir?
Re: PRND432 Display On My Audi A6 by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 22, 2012
swiftstitch: Where can i scan transmission or what kind of scanner can be used to achieve that sir?

You'll need to go to a decent garage, that is conversant with modern automobile. I use VAG-COM, but it's not cheap.

(1) (Reply)

Is It Safe To Convert D Injector Of A Car To Carburetor? / Retiring My Silver 03 Civic / Lagos VIS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.