|Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 1,587,470 members, 2,863,639 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 May 2016 at 07:55 AM
|How To Turn Your Samsung Galaxy Into A Wifi Hotspot by ceomike: 9:24pm On Dec 15, 2012|
This short and easy tip could be one of the best you have ever got if you are one of those that have been disappointed by poor internet connections in Nigeria. If you have a Samsung Galaxy S and run a good network on it then you can smile.
Samsung has made it possible for you to share your local internet connection on your phone to other devices. The new feature in the Galaxy S can connect several systems using the network or internet bundle you have subscribed to on your GSM network. Provided you are served well by MTN, Zain, Glo or Etisalat then you can apply this technique. This is one of Samsung's brightest tool
1. Purchase a mobile internet bundle (for example, MTN cost N100 for 100mb)
2. Go in the Samsung Galaxy S’s Settings menu.
3. Locate Wireless and Network and press Enter
4. Tap Tethering and portable hotspot.
5. Press Portable Wifi Hotspot Settings
6. Leave the "Do not show again" as it is and press OK
7. Tap "Configure portable Wifi hotspot" and enter a Name for your Wifi
8. Tap Open under the Security section
9. Click on WPA2 PSK
10. Enter a password of eight characters and press save
11. Move to your laptop or tablet pc and try tosearch for new wireless networks
Its just so easy...
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2016 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39