Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,788 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Converting BB Phone To Wifi Hotspot. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Converting BB Phone To Wifi Hotspot. (10492 Views)

My Bbm On My Android Works Only When I'm Connected To Wifi / Blackberry Q10 Review: The BB Phone With The Longest Battery Life Ever! / Converting Phone's Internet Connection To Wifi Or Wireless Hotspot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Converting BB Phone To Wifi Hotspot. by Nobody: 11:41pm On Mar 31, 2013
I hear most Android phones can eaSily be converted to a wifi hotspot for other wireless devices to share internet access. Now I'm wondering if it's possible with BB phones and what version. I won't mind if anyone can share details.
Thanks.
Re: Converting BB Phone To Wifi Hotspot. by barapistis(m): 10:03am On Apr 01, 2013
yesofcuf,but i think only on zain line and not all models of blackberry
aahh i thinks those 9 something series

1 Like

Re: Converting BB Phone To Wifi Hotspot. by Nobody: 10:42am On Apr 01, 2013
bara pistis: yesofcuf,but i think only on zain line and not all models of blackberry
aahh i thinks those 9 something series
yes and I use a zain line. Just need someone to teach me how to do it so I can use other devices woth my BIS plan withOut removing the SIM card.
Re: Converting BB Phone To Wifi Hotspot. by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 01, 2013
It's simply a feature of the phone's software to act as a hot spot. I think It's an inbuilt feature of all android releases from 3.0 or so. BB7 running on The blackberry 9370 or so can act as WIFI hot spot too by default.

Just search the BB app store for a free, paid or cracked app that can do so.

The airtel BIS working on non BB devices by default is not the same thing.
Re: Converting BB Phone To Wifi Hotspot. by luluosas(m): 6:06pm On Apr 01, 2013
Brand_new: I hear most Android phones can eaSily be converted to a wifi hotspot for other wireless devices to share internet access. Now I'm wondering if it's possible with BB phones and what version. I won't mind if anyone can share details.
Thanks.
Well, I have never used a BB phone before and I don't know how the operation of Hotspot goes on BB if any. However, should there ever be a hotspot on BB, it shouldn't be much different from Android operations. So, here is the procedure for setting up hotspot on an Android phone to tether it with other wireless devices.
Go to settings => Wireless and networks => Tethering and portable hotspot => select the box of portable Wi-Fi hotspot to turn the device hotspot on => Portable Wi-Fi hotspot settings => Configure portable Wi-Fi hotspot => Network SSID (Inbuilt address) => Scroll to Password (inbuilt) => Click password box to reveal id.
You then write down the password as it is shown, for this is the same password you will enter to connect your desired device, matching your primary device Network SSID because, the wireless connection is closed and not open.
To connect your desired device, just turn on the wireless network. It will automatically search for available wireless network around. Now, when your primary device Network SSID shows, just click on connect and it ask for the primary device password. Just input the password you earlier wrote and then, connect, your device will now connect using your primary phone network. That's all.
N.B. This is the procedure for connecting Android Hotspot, which may vary from your BB hotspot connection. Thank you.
Re: Converting BB Phone To Wifi Hotspot. by Nobody: 2:05pm On Apr 02, 2013
Thanks for the tip. Seems I'll have to go for an Android for the time being.
Re: Converting BB Phone To Wifi Hotspot. by Liwenjing(m): 5:41am On Aug 07, 2013
make sure u have the latest BlackBerry os 7. then u can tether ur bb data subscription of 3gb to be used on ur android phones or any other phone that uses WiFi. this will solve the data consumption issue that most nja folks who don't know the tricks of manage data subscriptions. I use just 300mb per month and it's adequate for me.

even if 5gb of package is given to one who doesn't know how to economize it, he will continue complaining of it being insufficient. I use 300mb for a whole month and it's enough. mind u I use the internet more than most nja people, the secret is this: put off image display in ur browser preferably UCbrowser or opera not stock browser. don't download or stream music and videos, deactivate automatic sync of emails and other stuff, switch off auto app updates. there are more but if u do this u can get all u need from the internet except no images, videos, or pictures.
Re: Converting BB Phone To Wifi Hotspot. by Nobody: 7:18am On Aug 07, 2013
Liwenjing: ...even if 5gb of package is given to one who doesn't know how to economize it, he will continue complaining of it being insufficient. I use 300mb for a whole month and it's enough. mind u I use the internet more than most nja people, the secret is this: put off image display in ur browser preferably UCbrowser or opera not stock browser. don't download or stream music and videos, deactivate automatic sync of emails and other stuff, switch off auto app updates. there are more but if u do this u can get all u need from the internet except no images, videos, or pictures.

Son the thing is: living life with restrictions (like the kinds you mentioned above) is not living at all. There's a reason the manufacturers put those features there in the first place; don't tell me to extremely form knew habits so i can just exist without living.

GSM companies should drop their data tariffs then there wouldn't be much ado about "nothing"
Re: Converting BB Phone To Wifi Hotspot. by Nobody: 7:22am On Aug 07, 2013
Liwenjing: ... I use 300mb for a whole month and it's enough. mind u I use the internet more than most nja people...

By the way: you can't use only a paltry 300mb alone (...most likely on your small phone sef) and claim to be more technically inclined than most Nigerians. You my friend are only existing not living.

It's like the guy living in a face-me-i-face-you who uses half bucket of water to bath saying his personal hygiene is better than most people who are well off.
Re: Converting BB Phone To Wifi Hotspot. by Liwenjing(m): 6:05am On Aug 08, 2013
trae_z:

Son the thing is: living life with restrictions (like the kinds you mentioned above) is not living at all. There's a reason the manufacturers put those features there in the first place; don't tell me to extremely form knew habits so i can just exist without living.

GSM companies should drop their data tariffs then there wouldn't be much ado about "nothing"

my point is this: in a country like Nja where it's highly difficult to get things the way it sho be then "when the desirable is not available then the available becomes the desirable" it's a case of making do with what is just available. nobody wants to live under unnecessary restrictions but on most occasions u cope with things until situations improve then u can readjust to statusquo
Re: Converting BB Phone To Wifi Hotspot. by Liwenjing(m): 6:19am On Aug 08, 2013
funny guy, I thought I was living sef not knowing I was just merely existing. bros na condition cause crayfish to bend. but how can I keep wasting money for just data subscription.
Re: Converting BB Phone To Wifi Hotspot. by Liwenjing(m): 6:30am On Aug 08, 2013
trae_z:

By the way: you can't use only a paltry 300mb alone (...most likely on your small phone sef) and claim to be more technically inclined than most Nigerians. You my friend are only existing not living.

It's like the guy living in a face-me-i-face-you who uses half bucket of water to bath saying his personal hygiene is better than most people who are well off.

funny guy, I thought I was living sef not knowing I was just merely existing. bros na condition cause crayfish to bend. but how can I keep wasting money for just data subscription.
Oh boy how u come know say na small phone I dey use, anyway ur right. I'm using Sonyericsson Wt19i "Live with walkman" the best phone so far. small in size but heavyweight in action http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_live_with_walkman-4111.php

(1) (Reply)

I'm Afraid I May Have Bought The Fake Infinix Note 2 Lte / NCC: 9mobile Will Be Sold To Only Financially Stable Company / Gionee M1 & M2 - Are They Genuine Product From Gionee?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.