Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,372 members, 7,819,343 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

The Treasures Of The Heathens: How To Become A Rich Pastor - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Treasures Of The Heathens: How To Become A Rich Pastor (2252 Views)

A Good Man's Speech Reveals The Rich Treasures Within Him / The Treasures Within / Investing In God's Kingdom And Building Treasures For Yourself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Treasures Of The Heathens: How To Become A Rich Pastor by channel190(m): 6:12am On Dec 17, 2012
obalola7:

all i can do is just laugh.. you are so funny. Man don't try things that will put you in hell fire o
Apart from the fact that hell fire is still waiting, what will happen to you if you encounter spiritual attacks, those could shorten your life and eventually lose out on both side(no money and no heaven)? I guess you think every popular eyes or pastors out there are immune to attack? Always have it in mind that there are cold, hot, warm heads, if Jesus fought the spiritual possessed, be ready to fight.

If you think you stand kanpe and go slap devil, you will just see that, you will be roasted within days if not instantaneously, i guess you have forgotten

Act 19:13-16

13 Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth.

14 And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so.

15 And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?

16 And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.

17 And this was known to all the Jews and Greeks also dwelling at Ephesus; and fear fell on them all, and the name of the Lord Jesus was magnified.

no be joke o, you are biblical versatile, hope u will tutor me. Wait a minute what would be the best name for our ministry c,om january?

Fear not, we start on nairaland, no fear, we will always ask our members to go for 'possession intensity check up' before we pray for them, before nko na me go, go the deliver devil? Na just distant prayer and sharing of the 'word' o.
Re: The Treasures Of The Heathens: How To Become A Rich Pastor by obalola7: 6:49am On Dec 17, 2012
channel 190:

no be joke o, you are biblical versatile, hope u will tutor me. Wait a minute what would be the best name for our ministry c,om january?

Fear not, we start on nairaland, no fear, we will always ask our members to go for 'possession intensity check up' before we pray for them, before nko na me go, go the deliver devil? Na just distant prayer and sharing of the 'word' o.

lol i de laugh... who tell you say devil no de fly? you mean you will make attempt to heal someone who the devilish people in Naija don't want you to heal?
They will Slap you in your dream first, if you pretend that you will not listen, and try to be difficult, they will just give your uppercut for real life then you will open your eyes in the presence of baba God. Then you will have some questions to answer.... But if you are for real and would do Night Vigil like Paul and Silas, be bold and could Pray like Elijah and have Authority like Jesus, then we can start NairaLand church... with one promise that you are not going after the money but to liberate Nairaland poor christians who pays tithes and offering..lol
Re: The Treasures Of The Heathens: How To Become A Rich Pastor by snochk: 7:06am On Dec 17, 2012
obalola7: Easier said than done... Its easy to fight a war with mouth, build multimillion church with 13 pieces of sectional notes and make people to believe.

Its like saying to have a PhD all you need to do is, go to nursery, primary, secondary, university for Bsc, then for Msc and then Phd.
How many people don't know that, and how many people have succeeded making it to Phd?
You know how many people who will die on the road if they embark on the journey of this your notes?
you think everyone has a parent with a building?
How many has uncle that can drop money and how many rich man will drop for a poor pastor they don't know?

It might have worked for one or 2 people who endured hunger, homelessness, poverty out of 160 million while building on the dream your notes prescribed, but its not a silver bullet. There are many "How to tutorials that is not practical in real life."

However, i think you should rather concentrate on a thread that focus on how pastors who have failed their members could have done it right, for instance,

Using the money to create a better welfare for their congregation by:
-Providing subsidized university that even the poorest church member can afford to make one of his children to attend.
-Establish business that will employ more than 70% members of the church especially those who have no job
-Building Hospitals, Schools, Hotels, Transportation companies that will allow for massive employment for the members and also benefit them
-Making the church for all and not for family own and teach contentment not greed
-Living modest and not affluent.. What would a pastor do with 5 cars, when members only rely on their legs, multiple mansion when lots of the members have no home, where will
all these go to, when the pastor eventually die?

i guess some of these pastors don't read their bible enough to learn from Solomon. All is vanity, you can only eat what your stomach can contain, be in a car at a time, live in a bed room at a time and spend so much and then begin to waste the rest.

@ Obalola,am sure you understand very well that the current trend in our Naija informs the very brilliant write ups by (esere). Let me give you a practical example,of which am sure you will agree. Pastor Oyedepo of winners. In fact I was in a church that was marking their anniversary . I noticed many exotic cars that have not been driven for a while. My friend that invited me laughed and said that was small,that Papa referring to their pastor,have so many and even a jet. Then I looked around and saw some people I know very well how difficult life is for them,that was the last time I attended that church. Located @ Ikate. Household of love church.@ Yinka Yusuf. You see am very happy I don't go 2 church anymore,can't stand their evil ways. A church like Salem have special seats for ministers. How many of their members can afford to send their wards to the school built with their offerings?
Re: The Treasures Of The Heathens: How To Become A Rich Pastor by obalola7: 7:24am On Dec 17, 2012
snochk:
@ Obalola,am sure you understand very well that the current trend in our Naija informs the very brilliant write ups by (esere). Let me give you a practical example,of which am sure you will agree. Pastor Oyedepo of winners. In fact I was in a church that was marking their anniversary . I noticed many exotic cars that have not been driven for a while. My friend that invited me laughed and said that was small,that Papa referring to their pastor,have so many and even a jet. Then I looked around and saw some people I know very well how difficult life is for them,that was the last time I attended that church. Located @ Ikate. Household of love church.@ Yinka Yusuf. You see am very happy I don't go 2 church anymore,can't stand their evil ways. A church like Salem have special seats for ministers. How many of their members can afford to send their wards to the school built with their offerings?

Yes i do understand and i believe that its not appropriate to mismanage the money especially if the people are in need, i wish they had help more of the member and they would have been exonerated. Look at what Jesus did in Matthew 14:13-21

"13 When Jesus heard of it, he departed thence by ship into a desert place apart: and when the people had heard thereof, they followed him on foot out of the cities.

14 And Jesus went forth, and saw a great multitude, and was moved with compassion toward them, and he healed their sick.

15 And when it was evening, his disciples came to him, saying, This is a desert place, and the time is now past; send the multitude away, that they may go into the villages, and buy themselves victuals.

16 But Jesus said unto them, They need not depart; give ye them to eat.

17 And they say unto him, We have here but five loaves, and two fishes.

18 He said, Bring them hither to me.

19 And he commanded the multitude to sit down on the grass, and took the five loaves, and the two fishes, and looking up to heaven, he blessed, and brake, and gave the loaves to his disciples, and the disciples to the multitude.

20 And they did all eat, and were filled: and they took up of the fragments that remained twelve baskets full.

21 And they that had eaten were about five thousand men, beside women and children.
"
Re: The Treasures Of The Heathens: How To Become A Rich Pastor by channel190(m): 7:52am On Dec 17, 2012
@abola7 and snochk I would really want to reply both of you after my morning lectures
Re: The Treasures Of The Heathens: How To Become A Rich Pastor by esere826: 4:15pm On Dec 17, 2012
@obalola7
smiley off course, we all know that nothing is easy. even if it looks like that on paper
the idea behind the writeup was to show a logical sequence of events
Like how you explained the progression towards a PhD

it is neither spiritual nor carnal
Just the way it is
Re: The Treasures Of The Heathens: How To Become A Rich Pastor by channel190(m): 5:29pm On Dec 17, 2012
esere826: @obalola7
smiley off course, we all know that nothing is easy. even if it looks like that on paper

Just the way it is
everything is worth trying, infact am a took off. Still figuring my modus operandi, me do want to battle with the devil oooo, my prayers will be said in silence, deafening whisper so that baba santimous devil will not notice me.
Re: The Treasures Of The Heathens: How To Become A Rich Pastor by obalola7: 9:24pm On Dec 17, 2012
channel 190: everything is worth trying, infact am a took off. Still figuring my modus operandi, me do want to battle with the devil oooo, my prayers will be said in silence, deafening whisper so that baba santimous devil will not notice me.

Good am happy that you have started examining how challenging it is to be a mega church pastor with lots of money flooding into your account like a pool of water.
Does that mean there is no more Nairaland church come January 2013 or it mean you are not ready to be used as a roasted chicken by those who might deal with you because you are grossly incompetent to do the things of God since you can not withstand the challenges? lol I de laugh
Re: The Treasures Of The Heathens: How To Become A Rich Pastor by AtheistD(m): 10:22pm On Dec 17, 2012
esere826: @obalola7

Just the way it is

I like that. Ppl need to see that there is a logical practical process to how these ppl attain their wealth. It is not through anointing or blessing or any other lie.
Re: The Treasures Of The Heathens: How To Become A Rich Pastor by channel190(m): 2:09am On Dec 18, 2012
obalola7:

Good am happy that you have started examining how challenging it is to be a mega church pastor with lots of money flooding into your account like a pool of water.
Does that mean there is no more Nairaland church come January 2013 or it mean you are not ready to be used as a roasted chicken by those who might deal with you because you are grossly incompetent to do the things of God since you can not withstand the challenges? lol I de laugh
tHinking of starting with competent christians who will help to teach constantly by the use time table 'the bible'
Oooooo yes people like me who want to start a small ministry needs to learn the word from the scratch, listen to others discuss the beginning of the bible bit by bit to the end,, omo am dancing etigy, azonto is dancing me because alingo dancE taught am for once reasonable, but this online fellowship can't ve an offering box, how do we do?
Re: The Treasures Of The Heathens: How To Become A Rich Pastor by obalola7: 12:08pm On Dec 18, 2012
channel 190: tHinking of starting with competent christians who will help to teach constantly by the use time table 'the bible'
Oooooo yes people like me who want to start a small ministry needs to learn the word from the scratch, listen to others discuss the beginning of the bible bit by bit to the end,, omo am dancing etigy, azonto is dancing me because alingo dancE taught am for once reasonable, but this online fellowship can't ve an offering box, how do we do?

If you start thinking of offering box now, all your first convert will run.
Since you dont know anything about the bible yet, it will be hard to retain new convert, because they will eventually know you are not a good pastor and you dont know the word.
So what you might want to do, is to be assistant pastor, so you can gradually learn from the pastor. In terms of offering, you can design a website for credit card donation, but dont expect anybody to donate especially if their is no miracle in their lives. Also since its online, it will be difficult to persuade anybody to send you tithes and donation, until you have grown in size and you have been able to captivate your members with words that make them shy to pay you. In a real setting, many people pay tithes and offering as a result of shyness, competition, someone is looking at me, i dont want to be the only one that wouldnt drop something. But online, people make decision and are in control of their money and could easily ignore you.

So you might want to use your money first to do everything and even donation to the needy, look for a physical place to rent and look for God fearing people, but if money grabbing is your main goal, your church may not grow, cos some of the pastors that you will work with will know and then will be looking for ways to perfect sharing formula..
Re: The Treasures Of The Heathens: How To Become A Rich Pastor by channel190(m): 1:29pm On Dec 18, 2012
obalola7:

If you start thinking of offering box now, all your first convert will run.
Since you dont know anything about the bible yet, it will be hard to retain new convert, because they will eventually know you are not a good pastor and you dont know the word.
So what you might want to do, is to be assistant pastor, so you can gradually learn from the pastor. In terms of offering, you can design a website for credit card donation, but dont expect anybody to donate especially if their is no miracle in their lives. Also since its online, it will be difficult to persuade anybody to send you tithes and donation, until you have grown in size and you have been able to captivate your members with words that make them shy to pay you. In a real setting, many people pay tithes and offering as a result of shyness, competition, someone is looking at me, i dont want to be the only one that wouldnt drop something. But online, people make decision and are in control of their money and could easily ignore you.

So you might want to use your money first to do everything and even donation to the needy, look for a physical place to rent and look for God fearing people, but if money grabbing is your main goal, your church may not grow, cos some of the pastors that you will work with will know and then will be looking for ways to perfect sharing formula..
serious can you teach bible online? If I need it, so do many
Re: The Treasures Of The Heathens: How To Become A Rich Pastor by obalola7: 1:30pm On Dec 18, 2012
channel 190: serious can you teach bible online? If I need it, so do many

Yes i can.
Re: The Treasures Of The Heathens: How To Become A Rich Pastor by channel190(m): 6:38pm On Dec 19, 2012
obalola have check ur p.m

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Does Winners Chapel Need A Health Center? / What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. / Universal Atonement.did Jesus Died For All Men Or Only For The Believers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.