Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,563 members, 7,955,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:36 PM

Is It Good For Christians To Participate In Carnival? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Good For Christians To Participate In Carnival? (3928 Views)

Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? / Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian / Is It Wisdom For Christians To Lie In Some Situations? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Good For Christians To Participate In Carnival? by Ayomivic(m): 3:39pm On Dec 16, 2012
( Dictionary meaning ) Carnival: is a public festival that involving music and procession.

I believed we have all seen or attended carnival in one time or the other.What is the purpose of carnival? The kind of music playing in carnival, the dance, dresses and the kind of people participating in carnival should tell if christians should be in that gathering.

To me, i think christians should not participate in carnival. The one i witness did not give glory to God at all because the girls wore indecent dress. Some people dressed to look like demon,masquerades and some like animal and the smoke of marijuana or cannabis occupied all of that place .With these i think such gathering is not good for christians .What do you thinl abouu this.
Re: Is It Good For Christians To Participate In Carnival? by k2039: 3:43pm On Dec 16, 2012
It all depends on what the carnival is all about, provided it doesnt violate any of the set standard of christianity by the bible then one can participate

1 Like

Re: Is It Good For Christians To Participate In Carnival? by Emusan(m): 4:25pm On Dec 16, 2012
Every carnival has is own origin; that is, what bring forth the purpose of what they are celebrating. and if you look at it critically most carnival originated from worshiping idols which people just modernized today.
To most people due to their ignorant they may see the whole stuff as celebration but did you know the sacrifice that behind it.

I beliv as a true christian you don't need to attend, thou in conformation with the world which apostle Paul was talkng about (ROM 12:2) is christian (pastor) that wil stil open the floor with an opening prayer.
Re: Is It Good For Christians To Participate In Carnival? by mumumugu(m): 6:44pm On Dec 16, 2012
Even pastor atend carnival
Re: Is It Good For Christians To Participate In Carnival? by Ayomivic(m): 9:42pm On Jan 08, 2013
mumumugu: Even pastor atend carnival
You mean fake pastors?
Re: Is It Good For Christians To Participate In Carnival? by Goshen360(m): 9:50pm On Jan 08, 2013
OP, you mean like Holy Ghost Festival

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady With Decent Dressing And No Makeup Gains Attention At Event (Pix) / Apostles Of Jesus Christ Cast Lots;why? / Proof Of God's Existence Found , That Kind Of Evidence !!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.