Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,275 members, 7,815,458 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Governor Imoke Has Chronic Kidney Disease - SaharaReporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Imoke Has Chronic Kidney Disease - SaharaReporters (19381 Views)

Bola Tinubu Has Chronic Mouth Odour - Fani-kayode / Jonathan Not Christian, Serves Voodoo Looted N32b From Bayelsa - SaharaReporters / IBB Endorses Muhammadu Buhari For President - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Imoke Has Chronic Kidney Disease - SaharaReporters by Demdem(m): 8:57pm On Dec 17, 2012
Last week, there were rumors that Governor Liyel Imoke of Cross River State had passed away. However, SaharaReporters was able to determine that Mr. Imoke is in the US where he is receiving regular dialyses for a renal disease.

One source disclosed that Mr. Imoke is staying with relatives in the state of Maryland, near Washington, DC.

“Liyel [Imoke]’s kidneys are in bad condition and he’s undergoing regular dialyses,” said one of our sources.

Another source said the governor maybe undergoing surgery for kidney transplant since he has remained unreachable in the last 48 hours.

Governor Imoke has been out of Nigeria for several weeks after he disclosed that he needed to take time off to address a health condition. However, Mr. Imoke did not reveal that his health problem has to do with his kidneys and that he was proceeding to the US to receive monitoring and treatment.

One of our sources said that the ailing governor “has no immediate plans to return to Calabar,” the capital of Cross River State.

Mr. Imoke shot into national prominence when he headed a technical committee on the power sector during the administration of President Olusegun Obasanjo. Mr. Obasanjo had tasked the committee with ensuring that Nigerians began to enjoy regular, uninterrupted electricity supply. However, the Imoke committee and the Obasanjo administration squandered close to $16 billion without achieving any improvement in power supply.

Despite widespread criticism that dogged Mr. Imoke, President Obasanjo and the ruling People’s Democratic Party (PDP) nominated him as the party’s governorship candidate for Cross River State.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/governor-liyel-imoke-undergoes-treatment-chronic-kidney-disease-us
Re: Governor Imoke Has Chronic Kidney Disease - SaharaReporters by Clerverly: 9:01pm On Dec 17, 2012
Thank His Wickedness! One by one dem go dey waka kuruke! Dem go dey die!!! angry angry angry.

6 Likes

Re: Governor Imoke Has Chronic Kidney Disease - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 9:08pm On Dec 17, 2012
Nigerian's rich aren't as health conscious as the poor. The rich eat and drink expensive poisons. Nigeria's ok families eat healthier and are healthier than the rich families.

10 Likes

Re: Governor Imoke Has Chronic Kidney Disease - SaharaReporters by Demdem(m): 9:08pm On Dec 17, 2012
Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke Returns To Hospital In London

Nigeria’s controversial Minister of Petroleum Resources, Diezani Allison-Madueke, has returned to a London hospital to continue treatment for an undisclosed ailment that is believed to be cancer.

Saharareporters sources said today that Mrs. Allison-Madueke made the journey last week, and began a daily therapy. She is yet to return to Abuja.

Her one-week absence from Abuja has emboldened those Nigerians who have been calling for her removal to further pressure President Goodluck Jonathan to sack her as Minister of Petroleum Resources. She is frequently cited on allegations of corruption and mismanagement, but is also known to be a close friend of the President’s.

Recently, the French government impounded a private jet that was carrying Jide Omokore, a business associate of the Minister, on suspicions that the jet-a Bombardier Global Express XRS- belongs to her.

Investigations show that the jet was purchased by the Bank of Utah Trustee in June 2012 through the same process that was recently used in purchasing private jets for the governors of Rivers and Akwa Ibom States.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/petroleum-minister-allison-madueke-returns-hospital-london
Re: Governor Imoke Has Chronic Kidney Disease - SaharaReporters by geez1: 9:34pm On Dec 17, 2012
Well kidney diseases are largely survivable with advances in science

Wish him well

4 Likes

Re: Governor Imoke Has Chronic Kidney Disease - SaharaReporters by Odunnu: 10:13pm On Dec 17, 2012
Kidneys? Thank God its not liver. Hope he recovers fast.
Re: Governor Imoke Has Chronic Kidney Disease - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 17, 2012
Odunnu: Kidneys? Thank God its not liver. Hope he recovers fast.

grin grin grin grin
This your post had me rolling in laughter
Chei
YOu people will not kill somebody
So kidneys dey less importanmkpa

1 Like

Re: Governor Imoke Has Chronic Kidney Disease - SaharaReporters by Afam4eva(m): 10:21pm On Dec 17, 2012
This one wey all of them just dey go hospital. Are we sure the "Nigeria e go better" slogan is not coming into fruition?

4 Likes

Re: Governor Imoke Has Chronic Kidney Disease - SaharaReporters by skyfall: 10:27pm On Dec 17, 2012
2012...Their (PDP) year of poor health & deaths. Maybe Nigerians' curses are working at last. I dey laff oooo.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Imoke Has Chronic Kidney Disease - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 10:29pm On Dec 17, 2012
afam4eva: This one wey all of them just dey go hospital. Are we sure the "Nigeria e go better" slogan is not coming into fruition?

Do you remember my thread last night asking for prayers
Wahala dey o
Dey said Sullivan too na kidney disease
The rate of kidney dz in Naija nowadays ,many are HIV related sha lipsrsealed
Again i don't trust all those juices in nigeria
I hope Rochas dey chim chim this one plague don descend on the rulers
It started with patience Jonathan this time around and it has not stopped
Re: Governor Imoke Has Chronic Kidney Disease - SaharaReporters by Callotti: 10:48pm On Dec 17, 2012
Not again!
Na waya o!
No dialysis hospital for Nigeria? undecided

At least Ibori will be assured of the best care in London prison! grin

WHERE ARE THOSE DIM-WITS WHO SAY NIGERIA IS BETTER THAN MY DARLING AMERICA? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Governor Imoke Has Chronic Kidney Disease - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 10:58pm On Dec 17, 2012
baba God dey really vex o! see as governors dey sicki sicki anyhow. o ma se o!
Re: Governor Imoke Has Chronic Kidney Disease - SaharaReporters by 2million1(m): 12:10am On Dec 18, 2012
Wot is it wit our Gov. And sickness or death...wish him quick recovry sha
Re: Governor Imoke Has Chronic Kidney Disease - SaharaReporters by ediko5(m): 12:27am On Dec 18, 2012
Liyel Imoke is the worst governor in south-south naija. He has not done any meaningful thing in Cross River State since he became a governor come n see d way hoodlums are flootin all ova the streets of calaba al in d name task force.the schools in crs are deteriorating and the best he can do is to realy promote tribalism.

1 Like

Re: Governor Imoke Has Chronic Kidney Disease - SaharaReporters by Lexusgs430: 12:28am On Dec 18, 2012
So we don't have the medical facilities to carry out dialysis in Nigeria? So assuming he has dialysis done three times a week, upon discharge back to Nigeria, would he be travelling to America every 48 hours to have it done or he would have them mail - order a dialysis machine to him? Staffing issues to operate the dialysis machine?
He better have a kidney transplant while he is in the states, or else those dangerous toxins would make him the 3rd PDP to kick the bucket, while in service!!!!
NB: Enough of my rants!!!

3 Likes

Re: Governor Imoke Has Chronic Kidney Disease - SaharaReporters by OYINBOGOJU(m): 12:33am On Dec 18, 2012
Im sure he has got his reservation at the German Hospital.
Re: Governor Imoke Has Chronic Kidney Disease - SaharaReporters by Kzinne: 12:36am On Dec 18, 2012
0lumide: Nigerian's rich aren't as health conscious as the poor. The rich eat and drink expensive poisons. Nigeria's ok families eat healthier and are healthier than the rich families.
u are a very ignorant person. wats d diff between a rich family and an ok one? rubbish go sit down abeg
Re: Governor Imoke Has Chronic Kidney Disease - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 12:40am On Dec 18, 2012
Make una pray o
Onye Obula Buru Bible na amu grin
N'uwa na acho gini?
Uwa na acho ikpu grin

2 Likes

Re: Governor Imoke Has Chronic Kidney Disease - SaharaReporters by manny4life(m): 12:40am On Dec 18, 2012
There's a curse on the land, the Nigerian Association of local deities are very angry and they are inflicting illness and death upon many govt officials. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Governor Imoke Has Chronic Kidney Disease - SaharaReporters by manny4life(m): 12:43am On Dec 18, 2012
babyosisi: Make una pray o
Onye Obula Buru Bible na amu grin
N'uwa na acho gini?
Uwa na acho ikpu grin

Chineke melu gi ebele, grin grin grin grin

Virgin Maria nyelu gi aka

9 Likes

Re: Governor Imoke Has Chronic Kidney Disease - SaharaReporters by redsun(m): 12:46am On Dec 18, 2012
0lumide: Nigerian's rich aren't as health conscious as the poor. The rich eat and drink expensive poisons. Nigeria's ok families eat healthier and are healthier than the rich families.

You are damn right.Most farmers in village eat pure fress organics,uncontaminated foods that are priceless and endangered.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Imoke Has Chronic Kidney Disease - SaharaReporters by fapcrook(m): 1:01am On Dec 18, 2012
Many Nigrtians who eat once or matbe twice daily are skinny but we seem healthier than d so called elites, God have mercy o. I wish them soonest recovery

1 Like

Re: Governor Imoke Has Chronic Kidney Disease - SaharaReporters by redsun(m): 1:13am On Dec 18, 2012
fapcrook: Many Nigrtians who eat once or matbe twice daily are skinny but we seem healthier than d so called elites, God have mercy o. I wish them soonest recovery

They eat junks in name oyinbos style,and worse of all,they are very inactive.

Lazy bas=tards.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Imoke Has Chronic Kidney Disease - SaharaReporters by chineji(m): 1:19am On Dec 18, 2012
How does this affect the price of garri in the market
Re: Governor Imoke Has Chronic Kidney Disease - SaharaReporters by otokx(m): 1:19am On Dec 18, 2012
someone said its a natural revolution
Re: Governor Imoke Has Chronic Kidney Disease - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 1:24am On Dec 18, 2012
Another health saga again, just speechless watching the situation as it unfold

*turns to my bed and grab my pillow tight; sleep here I come*
Re: Governor Imoke Has Chronic Kidney Disease - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 1:26am On Dec 18, 2012
torres2: Another health saga again, just speechless watching the situation as it unfold

*turns to my bed and grab my pillow tight; sleep here I come*

Rest in peace my brother grin

2 Likes

Re: Governor Imoke Has Chronic Kidney Disease - SaharaReporters by Techwriter: 1:37am On Dec 18, 2012
otokx: someone said its a natural revolution

I disagree. Its a supernatural revolution. For death to be targeting mostly governors is not normal, its not natural. The Israelites were in bondage for 430 years until one day God said "I have heard the cry of my people" from then plague and pestilence broke out. May be God has heard the cries of Nigerians and has come to intervene

1 Like

Re: Governor Imoke Has Chronic Kidney Disease - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 1:41am On Dec 18, 2012
Techwriter:

I disagree. Its a supernatural revolution. For death to be targeting mostly governors is not normal, its not natural. The Israelites were in bondage for 430 years until one day God said "I have heard the cry of my people" from then plague and pestilence broke out. May be God has heard the cries of Nigerians and has come to intervene

You may have a point here because people have cried out for years
Re: Governor Imoke Has Chronic Kidney Disease - SaharaReporters by Ikwerefistson: 2:17am On Dec 18, 2012
babyosisi:

Do you remember my thread last night asking for prayers
Wahala dey o
Dey said Sullivan too na kidney disease
The rate of kidney dz in Naija nowadays ,many are HIV related sha lipsrsealed
Again i don't trust all those juices in nigeria
I hope Rochas dey chim chim this one plague don descend on the rulers
It started with patience Jonathan this time around and it has not stopped
oky it didnt start wit maryam babangida abi
Re: Governor Imoke Has Chronic Kidney Disease - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 2:25am On Dec 18, 2012
Just wondering if our politicians are suffering from over feeding. Could it be d N2billion budget was too much for food? What cld be sending them one by one to different hospitals all over d world. If only our healthcare system was good enough to cater for them
I no know whether na d curse nairaland de curse our leaders de catch them so.

4 Likes

Re: Governor Imoke Has Chronic Kidney Disease - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 2:32am On Dec 18, 2012
[]ccupy Naija...cumin threw di$ea$e$, LMBFAO Jooooor! wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari To Probe Amnesty International Report On Torture / EFCC Holds Omokore, Diezani’s Associate / Governor Umahi Bans Fulani Herdsmen In Ebonyi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.