Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,177 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

FERMA Wants Toll Gates Re-introduced In Nigeria - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / FERMA Wants Toll Gates Re-introduced In Nigeria (4972 Views)

Ambode Declares Second Lekki-epe Expressway Toll-free / Sure-p/ferma Task Force: A Grand Deception (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FERMA Wants Toll Gates Re-introduced In Nigeria by Ptimes: 9:00pm On Dec 17, 2012
In what seems a discourse to set the stage for the re-emergence of toll gates in the country, the Federal Roads Maintenance Agency, FERMA, on Monday said the resuscitation of toll gates in the country would boost revenue generation to enable government repair federal roads.

The head of the agency in Osun State, Isaac Omojeingbesi, made this disclosure in an interview in Osogbo, the state captal.

He expressed support for a re-introduction of toll gates, saying the initiative would help generate more money for road maintenance as well as enhance government’s ability to repair bad roads across the country, a stance both the Federal and State Governments have always held.

But the re- introduction of toll gate fees has been nothing but disturbing for majority of road users who usually complain of the hazards of toll gates.

In Lagos State for instance, the Lekki toll gate fee, introduced by the state government, was greeted with animosity, with residents complaining that the amount of money they are made to part with is a rip off; and road users saying the traffic and the attendant health hazard the collection of money at the toll gate causes is heinous.

Read more: http://premiumtimesng.com/news/111574-ferma-wants-toll-gates-re-introduced-in-nigeria.html
Re: FERMA Wants Toll Gates Re-introduced In Nigeria by manny4life(m): 10:52pm On Dec 17, 2012
All the revenue that were generated in the past, what happened to the monies?

Nigerian govt and their anti-masses campaign has come again, in civilized world, at least the one I live you, you rebuild the roads, then install toll gates and not the other way around. This is extortion.

4 Likes

Re: FERMA Wants Toll Gates Re-introduced In Nigeria by AnOlAd: 10:52pm On Dec 17, 2012
D money from Lekki toll gate don sweet them.... Now it a Federal Idea.... GOD dey sha,keep generating money we are not seeing.... GOD is watching u all.....
Re: FERMA Wants Toll Gates Re-introduced In Nigeria by sessydoo(m): 10:53pm On Dec 17, 2012
God have mercy and deliver us from these "Amunisin"
Re: FERMA Wants Toll Gates Re-introduced In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:53pm On Dec 17, 2012
The should put the roads in order first.
Re: FERMA Wants Toll Gates Re-introduced In Nigeria by Stegomiah: 10:55pm On Dec 17, 2012
An opportunity for dem 2 steal! Awon ole, barawo
Re: FERMA Wants Toll Gates Re-introduced In Nigeria by condralbede(m): 10:55pm On Dec 17, 2012
Toll gates ko,toll door ni.
Re: FERMA Wants Toll Gates Re-introduced In Nigeria by sayitout1: 10:57pm On Dec 17, 2012
Bunch of criminals always looking for ways to es-tort. Has anyone ever asked what the money for car registration/papers is used for?[color=#550000][/color]

1 Like

Re: FERMA Wants Toll Gates Re-introduced In Nigeria by camcor(m): 10:58pm On Dec 17, 2012
Slavery on our roads
Re: FERMA Wants Toll Gates Re-introduced In Nigeria by Exponental(m): 11:06pm On Dec 17, 2012
I think I support it if it will be privatised...... If all nigeria roads are like lekki, u would love to cruise road d nation. With this, many lives, properties and manhour would be saved.
Re: FERMA Wants Toll Gates Re-introduced In Nigeria by 80million1: 11:07pm On Dec 17, 2012
*speechless*

Okay o.
Re: FERMA Wants Toll Gates Re-introduced In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:08pm On Dec 17, 2012
Na only d day I go rule nija dis bad tins go end. Roques want more cash to looth
Re: FERMA Wants Toll Gates Re-introduced In Nigeria by otss(m): 11:11pm On Dec 17, 2012
What is d mesaning of toll gate sef?
Re: FERMA Wants Toll Gates Re-introduced In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:17pm On Dec 17, 2012
Exponental: I think I support it if it will be privatised...... If all nigeria roads are like lekki, u would love to cruise road d nation. With this, many lives, properties and manhour would be saved.
ogbeni sharrap and go to bed! privatize ko,publicize ni! mtscheeeew!
Re: FERMA Wants Toll Gates Re-introduced In Nigeria by iykak47: 11:21pm On Dec 17, 2012
If you want good roads be ready to pay for it, but in Naija some people want to get everything free.
Re: FERMA Wants Toll Gates Re-introduced In Nigeria by manny4life(m): 11:28pm On Dec 17, 2012
iykak47: If you want good roads be ready to pay for it, but in Naija some people want to get everything free.

My friend, please STOP embarrassing yourself. Do you pay before or after meals? I think it's latter -- After.

Why should one pay for roads that don't exist to the standard YET?

Accessible roads is the most BASIC infrastructure the govt MUST provide to it's citizens at no cost. You do not toll major roads particularly where there isn't other options, at least in other parts of the world, at least here, majority of roads tolled are interstate roads or highways and the govt has to exercise caution when tolling such roads.
Re: FERMA Wants Toll Gates Re-introduced In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:33pm On Dec 17, 2012
Wrong timing.
Re: FERMA Wants Toll Gates Re-introduced In Nigeria by princemaicheal: 11:33pm On Dec 17, 2012
iykak47: If you want good roads be ready to pay for it, but in Naija some people want to get everything free.
Is not the fault of helpless Nigerians that has not be afforded jobs and any form of social securities to be asked to part with all kinds of levies.It is total insensitivity on the part of government.This goes further to show the huge disconnect that exist between government and the governed.

1 Like

Re: FERMA Wants Toll Gates Re-introduced In Nigeria by gene1(m): 11:34pm On Dec 17, 2012
same old problem...

Re: FERMA Wants Toll Gates Re-introduced In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:34pm On Dec 17, 2012
toll roads were bulldozed now they want to rebuild them... na wah o
Re: FERMA Wants Toll Gates Re-introduced In Nigeria by tevinsolt: 11:41pm On Dec 17, 2012
i want good roads introduced in Nigeria and then we can talk about toll gate
Re: FERMA Wants Toll Gates Re-introduced In Nigeria by Tolexander: 11:45pm On Dec 17, 2012
chiover: Na only d day I go rule nija dis bad tins go end. Roques want more cash to looth
exactly what abacha said immediately after the coup and what GEJ said during the manifestoes.
But these toll gates were demolished during obasanjos tenure placing #1 on each liter of petrol bought. Why then do they think of restoring the toll gate without the removal of the #1 on each liter of petrol? Looking for another source to rob the masses i guess!
Re: FERMA Wants Toll Gates Re-introduced In Nigeria by Tolexander: 11:45pm On Dec 17, 2012
chiover: Na only d day I go rule nija dis bad tins go end. Roques want more cash to looth
Re: FERMA Wants Toll Gates Re-introduced In Nigeria by jemmies: 11:47pm On Dec 17, 2012
Tolexander: exactly what abacha said immediately after the coup and what GEJ said during the manifestoes.
But these toll gates were demolished during obasanjos tenure placing #1 on each liter of petrol bought. Why then do they think of restoring the toll gate without the removal of the #1 on each liter of petrol? Looking for another source to rob the masses i guess!
fashola 4 president
Re: FERMA Wants Toll Gates Re-introduced In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:52pm On Dec 17, 2012
which toll gate is more than police check-points. Every police check-point in Nigeria is a toll gate
Re: FERMA Wants Toll Gates Re-introduced In Nigeria by iykak47: 12:11am On Dec 18, 2012
manny4life:

My friend, please [/b]STOP embarrassing yourself[b]. Do you pay before or after meals? I think it's latter -- After.

Why should one pay for roads that don't exist to the standard YET?

Accessible roads is the most BASIC infrastructure the govt MUST provide to it's citizens at no cost. You do not toll major roads particularly where there isn't other options, at least in other parts of the world, [/b]at least here, majority of roads tolled are interstate roads or highways[b] and the govt has to exercise caution when tolling such roads.

My friend don't argue from the position of extreme ignorance, you are ready to pay for it where you live but in Naija you think it must be free, in Nigeria FERMA is incharge of ''interstate roads and highways'', were you told that streets will be tolled? You are just contradicting yourself. Your problem is metooism,others criticize you feel you must not be left out.
Re: FERMA Wants Toll Gates Re-introduced In Nigeria by manny4life(m): 12:22am On Dec 18, 2012
iykak47: My friend don't argue from the position of extreme ignorance, you are ready to pay for it where you live but in Naija you think it must be free, in Nigeria FERMA is incharge of ''interstate roads and highways'', were you told that streets will be tolled? You are just contradicting yourself. Your problem is metooism,others criticize you feel you must not be left out.

LOL... Yes o, I know it's metooism, more grease to my elbows. grin grin grin grin

Nonetheless, you have no clue what you're talking about and NO I don't pay for tolls except if I'm traveling to another state...i.e., if I travel by connecting highways which isn't really the case here. I still maintain, roads shouldn't be tolled, if at all, it's interstate highways. Now run along and go find def of interstate highways...

BTW, I'm not against paying tolls, what I'm against is paying for tolls before the roads are being maintained. When I pay tolls from DC to NY, they are CLEAN, NO POT HOLES, NO DEATH TRAP 3,5 6 LANE HIGHWAYS.
Re: FERMA Wants Toll Gates Re-introduced In Nigeria by iykak47: 1:01am On Dec 18, 2012
manny4life:

LOL... Yes o, I know it's metooism, more grease to my elbows. grin grin grin grin

Nonetheless, you have no clue what you're talking about and NO I don't pay for tolls except if I'm traveling to another state...i.e., if I travel by connecting highways which isn't really the case here. I still maintain, roads shouldn't be tolled, if at all, it's interstate highways. Now run along and go find def of interstate highways...

BTW, I'm not against paying tolls, what I'm against is paying for tolls before the roads are being maintained. When I pay tolls from DC to NY, they are CLEAN, NO POT HOLES, NO DEATH TRAP 3,5 6 LANE HIGHWAYS.
FERMA wants to re-introduced toll gates on federal highways not streets. I tire for u self
Re: FERMA Wants Toll Gates Re-introduced In Nigeria by manny4life(m): 1:09am On Dec 18, 2012
iykak47: FERMA wants to re-introduced toll gates on federal highways not streets. I tire for u self

Me sef, I'm tired of explaining the same thing over and over again. You're right, unfortunately, we're in different parts of the world. Where I am, we have different classification of highways/expressways hence my continuous stance. Forgive my "metoooism", I won't argue again... grin grin grin grin
Re: FERMA Wants Toll Gates Re-introduced In Nigeria by iykak47: 1:29am On Dec 18, 2012
manny4life:

Me sef, I'm tired of explaining the same thing over and over again. You're right, unfortunately, we're in different parts of the world. Where I am, we have different classification of highways/expressways hence my continuous stance. Forgive my "metoooism", I won't argue again... grin grin grin grin
Before toll gates were demolished by Obasanjo, they were between states (Federal highways/interstate) not within the metropolis. The bolded, that's what you think, but you are far from the reality bro.
Re: FERMA Wants Toll Gates Re-introduced In Nigeria by manny4life(m): 1:35am On Dec 18, 2012
iykak47: Before toll gates were demolished by Obasanjo, they were between states (Federal highways/interstate) not within the metropolis. The bolded, that's what you think, but you are far from the reality bro.

Oh ok , no problem at all... Believe me, anything you say goes. If you're fine with it, I'm cool. We're all here to learn from each other, if that's the case, then fine.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nicetohave Or Goodguy? Choose One? / I'm Bored / "Being A Woman Is Exhausting" - Transgender Woman Wants To Be Man Again-photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.