Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,422 members, 7,958,263 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:30 AM

FERMA Wants Toll Gates Re-introduced In Nigeria - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / FERMA Wants Toll Gates Re-introduced In Nigeria (5027 Views)

Ambode Declares Second Lekki-epe Expressway Toll-free / Sure-p/ferma Task Force: A Grand Deception (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FERMA Wants Toll Gates Re-introduced In Nigeria by ezeama1010(m): 5:06am On Dec 18, 2012
d same reason y it was banned is definitely going to repeat itself again. I wonder why all dese acclaimed 'leaders' are hostile to development...
Re: FERMA Wants Toll Gates Re-introduced In Nigeria by desktop: 6:08am On Dec 18, 2012
soneone correct me if im wrong but wasn't there at some point an increase in fuel cost as replacement for the removal of the toll gates?
its really quite simple someone please have the FERMA boss slapped upside the head to remind him where he should be barking and not coming to think his name should be occupying space in the dailies. arrant fool.
Re: FERMA Wants Toll Gates Re-introduced In Nigeria by Exponental(m): 6:14am On Dec 18, 2012
berem: ogbeni sharrap and go to bed! privatize ko,publicize ni! mtscheeeew!
is ds hw u will tell ur husband sharrap wen he speaks out his mind?.......... I understand dat things are not too fine, but why buy fuel in ur gen 2 light up ur night? Understand my point. Many lives are lost 2day cos of bad roads, leaving their bank accounts dormant. How much will it cost 2 enjoy comfort or stay alive? Also the cost of vehicular maintenance will also drop.
Re: FERMA Wants Toll Gates Re-introduced In Nigeria by eggy(m): 6:35am On Dec 18, 2012
desktop: soneone correct me if im wrong but wasn't there at some point an increase in fuel cost as replacement for the removal of the toll gates?
its really quite simple someone please have the FERMA boss slapped upside the head to remind him where he should be barking and not coming to think his name should be occupying space in the dailies. arrant fool.

OBJ introduced "Petroleum Tax" to cater for the removal of toll gates.
We were told the revenue generated will be used for Road repairs..so my question is thus...MR FERMA

1) when you re_introduce the toll gates on our highways, is there going to be a marginal reduction in the price of fuel?

2)Will the amount generated from the tolls be able to cater for Federal road repairs or will Ferma require additional funds ( cus the OBJ administration claimed the amount generated from Federal Toll was a joke)

3)At what cost will this Tolls be re constructed. (Cuz the Demolishing of the existing tolls attracted an outrageous amount).

1 Like

Re: FERMA Wants Toll Gates Re-introduced In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:03am On Dec 18, 2012
Why was subsidy introduced in the first place? Why was the toll-gate 'business' stopped? I wonder where our politicians are headed with this nation?
Re: FERMA Wants Toll Gates Re-introduced In Nigeria by desktop: 8:22am On Dec 18, 2012
eggy:

OBJ introduced "Petroleum Tax" to cater for the removal of toll gates.
We were told the revenue generated will be used for Road repairs..so my question is thus...MR FERMA

1) when you re_introduce the toll gates on our highways, is there going to be a marginal reduction in the price of fuel?

2)Will the amount generated from the tolls be able to cater for Federal road repairs or will Ferma require additional funds ( cus the OBJ administration claimed the amount generated from Federal Toll was a joke)

3)At what cost will this Tolls be re constructed. (Cuz the Demolishing of the existing tolls attracted an outrageous amount).

OBJ claimed it was a joke. . . and now this thing from ferma is clamouring for it again. . .we keep running around in circles wondering why the country is not moving forward.

I really think a meeting should be held at Auschwitz with all heads of federal whatevers and their assistants in attendance (since they all love to travel anyways) lets see if its true what they said about what really happened in that place.
Re: FERMA Wants Toll Gates Re-introduced In Nigeria by cmooa: 7:06pm On Dec 18, 2012
what happens to the road maintenance tax attached to every litre of fuel coming out of the pump?
Re: FERMA Wants Toll Gates Re-introduced In Nigeria by summmerjojo: 1:49am On Dec 19, 2012
The Evening Dress UK are aptly named as they have the shape of a fish and hug the contours of the bride's body in just the right places. Fish tails are characterized by a fitted bodice with the dramatic flare at the bottom. Your big day is coming up soon and now you need to look through the many choices of available western Cheap Bridesmaid Dresses to pick the one that's perfect for you! Well there's good news for you! There are lots of choices in styles, colors and fabrics among western wedding dresses. It's hard to choose when there so many choices, so try to think about your own personal style - are you looking for a dress that's traditional, modern, or reminiscent of the old west?

Strapless Sleeveless Mermaid Dropped Floor Length Taffeta Bridesmaid Dress
Re: FERMA Wants Toll Gates Re-introduced In Nigeria by collinsgin: 11:31am On Dec 21, 2012
manny4life:

LOL... Yes o, I know it's metooism, more grease to my elbows. grin grin grin grin

Nonetheless, you have no clue what you're talking about and NO I don't pay for tolls except if I'm traveling to another state...i.e., if I travel by connecting highways which isn't really the case here. I still maintain, roads shouldn't be tolled, if at all, it's interstate highways. Now run along and go find def of interstate highways...

BTW, I'm not against paying tolls, what I'm against is paying for tolls before the roads are being maintained. When I pay tolls from DC to NY, they are CLEAN, NO POT HOLES, NO DEATH TRAP 3,5 6 LANE HIGHWAYS.

RE: @mannyforlife: look at it from this point of view.... on so many occasions the government has promised to rebuild many inter state roads but it sometimes end as promises due to reasons best known to them. now,it is more likely that these roads can get completed if handed to some company, but at a price that the roads will be tolled. so, should we rather wait for government unending promises? bet you have an answer there...... lets give it a chance.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Would Make Your Clubbing Experience More Fun? / What Will Happen To That Beautiful/handsome Body Of Yours After Death!!! / Photo Of President Of Papua New Guinea Attending A UN Meeting Naked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.