Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,170 members, 7,821,971 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment (16036 Views)

Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. / YES! There Is Hope For 2.2 And Third Class Grads: Job Hunting Tips / They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by Tolexander: 6:39am On Dec 18, 2012
Police Service Commission says holders of Secondary School Certificate would no longer be accepted into the Nigeria Police Force as constables.

It said the minimum entry requirement now was Ordinary National Diploma.

The commission also stated that Third Class degree holders were no longer accepted as Cadet Inspectors, in line with the reform in the force.

PSC Commissioner and Chairman, Public Affairs Committee of the commission, Ms. Comfort Obi, who stated this at a news conference in Abuja on Monday, explained that the commission had reviewed the recruitment process into the police.

According to her, the PSC has over the years formulated policies aimed at the efficiency and discipline of the police force, adding that background checks are now carried out on applicants to separate bad eggs and discourage people of shady characters from joining the police.

Obi stated that polygraph tests were also carried out on applicants to determine drug users, alcoholics and liars that could tarnish the image of the force.

She said, “The mechanism put in place by the commission is in line with police regulations to ensure that bad eggs don’t find their way into the force. We are focusing on the recruitment process and have raised the minimum entry requirements.

“SSCE holders can no longer join the police as constables; even a third class degree holder cannot join the Cadet Inspector cadre. The minimum qualification for a constable is OND and it must include six credit passes in SSCE including Credit pass in English and Mathematics.”

The PSC Commissioner in charge of Strategy, Dr. Otive Igbuzor, explained that written examinations had been introduced for applicants, adding that promotions in the force were based on merit.

He explained that 599 cases of indiscipline were treated between 2008 and 2011. He said 94 officers were compulsorily retired, and a number of others were sanctioned for various offences.
http://www.punchng.com/news/police-disqualify-ssce-third-class-holders-from-recruitment/
Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by Nobody: 6:45am On Dec 18, 2012
Beautiful development.at least there would be more refined and civil people in the nigerian police force instead of those animals

3 Likes

Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by Tolexander: 7:17am On Dec 18, 2012
kulyie: Beautiful development.at least there would be more refined and civil people in the nigerian police force instead of those animals
the problem with nigerian police force is not based only on the the certificates they are holding but the corrupt mentality that has beclouded every one of them in the force including the educated ones.
The bribe, money collected from bail which is meant to be free are shared by both the high certificate and lower certificate holders. Moreover, when the 'wetin u carry' guys go on road block, they always have the share they give to their 'oga' cos it is by their consent.
Tafa balogun is an alumni of unilag http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mustafa_Adebayo_Balogun, likewise many other high ranked officers and what is the difference? All having skeleton in their cupboards.
So the problem is not base on the certificate but a reformation that will change the corrupt mentality of the NPF

8 Likes

Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 18, 2012
Tolexander: the problem with nigerian police force is not based only on the the certificates they are holding but the corrupt mentality that has beclouded every one of them in the force including the educated ones.
The bribe, money collected from bail which is meant to be free are shared by both the high certificate and lower certificate holders. Moreover, when the 'wetin u carry' guys go on road block, they always have the share they give to their 'oga' cos it is by their consent.
Tafa balogun is an alumni of unilag http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mustafa_Adebayo_Balogun, likewise many other high ranked officers and what is the difference? All having skeleton in their cupboards.
So the problem is not base on the certificate but a reformation that will change the corrupt mentality of the NPF
well u are right,i think these dudes need a re-orientation of what their office is about,fine i know its not all about the certificates,but then this guys need to see their office as an opportunity to serve nigerians instead of an opportunity to abuse their office and the powers associated with their uniform,and of course they also need some level of refinement.it is an eyesore when a police officer is controlling traffic wearing bathroom slippers and using uncouth language on commercial drivers as well as private car owners
Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by OYINBOGOJU(m): 8:05am On Dec 18, 2012
Maybe now They will understand the word

BAIL IS FREE

Only time will tell.
Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by Tolexander: 8:07am On Dec 18, 2012
kulyie: well u are right,i think these dudes need a re-orientation of what their office is about,fine i know its not all about the certificates,but then this guys need to see their office as an opportunity to serve nigerians instead of an opportunity to abuse their office and the powers associated with their uniform,and of course they also need some level of refinement.it is an eyesore when a police officer is controlling traffic wearing bathroom slippers and using uncouth language on commercial drivers as well as private car owners
u are right man! Exactly what am saying.

1 Like

Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 18, 2012
I wonder if these decision makers actually took their time to reassess these so-called preventive and curative measures before implementing it. What makes them think that 3rd class holders are bad eggs? I'd rather, they should focus more on psychological tests on eligible officers... Having a 2nd or 1st classes does not automatically make people good or qualified to apply, what of those that bribed their way(s) through school? Since written test is involed, I'd suggest they should let everybody write. In other words, I don't think that these outlined measures of their's can help cub or sanitize corruption in that department.

12 Likes

Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by 5much(m): 8:39am On Dec 18, 2012
dis wl not solve d problem completely but it is a step in d right direction.
Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by stantob(m): 8:39am On Dec 18, 2012
Tolexander: the problem with nigerian police force is not based only on the the certificates they are holding but the corrupt mentality that has beclouded every one of them in the force including the educated ones.
well said.Thanks.
Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by HyconBc: 8:41am On Dec 18, 2012
What of an N.D holder with a "PASS"?L̳̿Ö̤̣̇☺ː̗̀(=)))ː̖́☺Ö̤̣̇L̳̿
Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by Onyeasi(m): 8:41am On Dec 18, 2012
With this welcomed development. By 2020, I wonder what will like? cool
Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by Wendyslim(f): 8:44am On Dec 18, 2012
Much better ,at least there will be more reasonable people in the force. kiss kiss kiss
Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by illuminutty: 8:46am On Dec 18, 2012
errant nonsensical nonsense that makes no iota sense.
Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by Nobody: 8:48am On Dec 18, 2012
undecided waz ju$t strollin & i bumped in here...right step in the right direkshun thoe!!
Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by JimmyBoy1: 8:50am On Dec 18, 2012
This move alone does not guarantee anything, the problem is the police college itself. I believe an SSCE holder can still grow to becoame a PHD holder, but the truth is that cadets are initiated into the world of corruption at the police college. They have to pay bribes to collect their kits etc. Academic qualifications does not necessairly bring desired attitude, what really shapes attitude is the environment where acceptable behaviou is encouraged and unacceptable behaviour is met with stiff penalties.

1 Like

Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by GeneralGaricks: 8:51am On Dec 18, 2012
Okay
Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 18, 2012
Having ssce certificate qualifies one to become president of nigeria but not a place in the Npf? And who says some 3rd class students are not better than some 2.1 students? Well i dn't see how the changes can stop corruption in d police.

2 Likes

Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by ujukala: 8:53am On Dec 18, 2012
Get Nigerians jobs. They want it more than anything.
Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by baby124: 8:53am On Dec 18, 2012
Very stupid idea and quite discriminatory. There are different ranks in the police force and grades in no way determine intelligence. SSCE holders may not advance as far as degree holders, but there is a place for them in the police force. Who will do the street patrols or junior level work? Detective jobs should be for degree holders, any level as long as they are capable. Being that Nigerian certificates are worthless because of the corruption in the universities, this silly woman should rearrange her brain. Wonder how in the 21st century someone like this, with a limited thinking capacity can head a committee.
Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by TRILLIONIAR: 9:00am On Dec 18, 2012
NA BRAIN TEST GAN GAN THEM NEED JARE
Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by slap1(m): 9:02am On Dec 18, 2012
The degrees can easily be bought, it won't stop the corruption. Is Tafa Balogun an S.S.C.E holder?

1 Like

Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by asala1: 9:05am On Dec 18, 2012
The thing is that, the men and officers of the NPF are not from another alien country. They are a representation of me and you in this country Nigeria. Untill we begin to change our orientation about things in this country as a whole, the NPF wil not change much. An OND holder who was a cult memeber in school or cheated to pass will not make a difference when recruited into the NPF. Don't we see that the NPF, LASTMA, FRSC, Custom etc behave the same way? They are all Nigerians having the same mentality.

2 Likes

Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by alfredo4u(m): 9:07am On Dec 18, 2012
Na today?
Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by Nobody: 9:09am On Dec 18, 2012
Then who go agree work for police..Degree holders? Abi professors?..Mtewww, pluged my earpiece playing* Opa gangnam style*
Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by samfibby(m): 9:15am On Dec 18, 2012
The same way hey destroyed the fabrics of our nation, they have continued to fabricate policies that rather massages their ego and makes them look like great achievers. We are not fooled by their antics. Somebody tell those senior police officers that educational qualification isn't the bane of the NPF, but self aggrandizing policies like these are responsible for our woes in this country.
Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by Nobody: 9:18am On Dec 18, 2012
The problem in nigeria is too much value on paper qualification and grades.Dats why blocking can never end is schools, most student now hav d orientation of dis grade discrimation after graduation and dats why dey use every arsenal @ their disposal to get good grades. Girls sleep around with lecturers while d guys pay their hard earned money and some even go into crime to earn money to settle such bills. Until we begin to give room for merit n skills this country will never move farward cos i see nigeria as a movie script dat is been acted, to be candid nothing is real in dis country, we,re just faking frm FG to state govt and even LG. I know some friends who are practically sound academically ok but cos dey graduated wit 2:2 dey,re hardly called for interviews. These are guys gave priority to their profession by going outside handouts n txtbooks to make wilder research so as to become a complete engineer n not paper engineers, today dey hav all d skills n experience but cannot find their way into a multinational firm cos dey graduated wit 2:2, and those who made 2:1 who were "crammers'' those days are doing well in various oil and gas firms. God help nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by ugwuchivincent: 9:19am On Dec 18, 2012
In dis bokoharam era who is dreaming of enterin police? I tink most pple wit third class r beta dan 1st classes.seconstances can make one have it dat does nt means d person is worthless.
Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by ymozay: 9:21am On Dec 18, 2012
she think 1st class and 2nd class graduates are saints.
Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by PehaKaso: 9:27am On Dec 18, 2012
cheesycheesycheesy Time 4 southerners 2 take ova NPF since abokis cannot afford OND & above. Good riddance 2 rubbish cheesycheesy
Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by zangiff(m): 9:30am On Dec 18, 2012
even the nigerian police are ffuuccking rags, dictating nonsense stuffs....rip
Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by ayoola2002(m): 9:43am On Dec 18, 2012
Good move by NPF.
Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by matty1024: 9:47am On Dec 18, 2012
emmysenior: I wonder if these decision makers actually took their time to reassess this so-called preventive and curative measures before implementing it. What makes them think that 3rd class holders are bad eggs? I'd rather, they should focus more on psychological tests on eligible officers... Having a 2nd or 1st classes does not automatically make people good or qualified to apply, what of those that bribed their way(s) through school? Since written test is involed, I'd suggest they should let everybody write. In other words, I don't think that these outlined measures of their's can help cub or sanitize corruption in that department.

@emmysenoir you are quite right in your opinion. We all know that one can obtain 1st class or 2nd class today in our universities without proper merits. How can you justify that to being qualified for the post of a cadet inspector! I believe they should look into giving the police a new orientation, and sack majority of the old brigades. The old once if remain will always corrupt the new once.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Free Dragnet Questions And Answer / Mercy Corps April 2018 Recruitment (5 Positions) / Reason Why N-power Batch C Applicants Were Told To Carry Out Biometrics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.