Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,245 members, 7,822,269 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

When Will The FG Declare Public Holidays For The Traditional Worshippers? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Will The FG Declare Public Holidays For The Traditional Worshippers? (906 Views)

FG Declares April 3, 6 Public Holidays For Easter / FG Declares 8th And 9th August As Public Holidays For Eid-ul-fitr / FG Declares 20th & 21st August As Public Holidays For Eid-ul-fitr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Will The FG Declare Public Holidays For The Traditional Worshippers? by Clerverly: 7:32am On Dec 18, 2012
When will the FG declare public holidays for some of us who worship the local Deities Are we not part of this enclave called Nigeria Why must it be only the adherents of the Foreign Deities that get pacified whenever it comes to sharing of public holidays For goodness sake, Nigeria as far as the constitution permits is a secular State. This nonsense must stop forthwith or somebody will be be court soon.

Going forward, we are giving Federal Govt until the 1st of September 2013 to address this marginalization or face the wrath of Ogun, Amadioha, sango, Ngene Ukwenu, Nwaji, Osun Oshogbo, Ogboni Aborigin, Arusi Okija, Nweke Ohia, Mkppurukem and other numerous gods searing to devour. Enough is Enough! angry angry angry

4 Likes

Re: When Will The FG Declare Public Holidays For The Traditional Worshippers? by Nobody: 8:05am On Dec 18, 2012
Thank you OP. I was thinking of the same thing.

1 Like

Re: When Will The FG Declare Public Holidays For The Traditional Worshippers? by martyns303(m): 8:17am On Dec 18, 2012
Hope my Jehovah is not among what u refering to as "Deities"? That been said, you can take ur case to the national assembly. How about that?
Re: When Will The FG Declare Public Holidays For The Traditional Worshippers? by Clerverly: 8:19am On Dec 18, 2012
Mod, can this be on the Front Page?
Re: When Will The FG Declare Public Holidays For The Traditional Worshippers? by Nobody: 7:57am On Dec 20, 2012
martyns303: Hope my Jehovah is not among what u refering to as "Deities"? That been said, you can take ur case to the national assembly. How about that?

A typical deluded black soul. I pray people like you never raise a generation. stupid.

1 Like

Re: When Will The FG Declare Public Holidays For The Traditional Worshippers? by OgbuefiNegro: 8:06am On Dec 20, 2012
.....there are more gods in yorubaland than there are days in the year. yorubas will never have to work a single day in the year but will still have many unused public holidays to carry over at end of 365days. angry

op abeg dont start what we cant finish here.... cool
Re: When Will The FG Declare Public Holidays For The Traditional Worshippers? by Alaafialoro(m): 8:15am On Dec 20, 2012
The reason is so obvious. Each traditional religion is independent and different from the other. Hence,each will have different day for holiday and due to the several number of traditional religions we have,we may not have up to 5 days to work in a whole year as every day would have been used for holidays.
Re: When Will The FG Declare Public Holidays For The Traditional Worshippers? by Nobody: 8:30am On Dec 20, 2012
Alaafia l‘oro:
The reason is so obvious. Each traditional religion is independent and different from the other. Hence,each will have different day for holiday and due to the several number of traditional religions we have,we may not have up to 5 days to work in a whole year as every day would have been used for holidays.

So, why should foreign religious be declared a holiday if no indigenous deems fit. I'm a Catholic, but I think it's foolish for the government to be declaring religious celebration a public holiday.

1 Like

Re: When Will The FG Declare Public Holidays For The Traditional Worshippers? by Alaafialoro(m): 8:45am On Dec 20, 2012
donedy:

So, why should foreign religious be declared a holiday if no indigenous deems fit. I'm a Catholic, but I think it's foolish for the government to be declaring religious celebration a public holiday.
I don‘t think it‘s foolish in any way. Statistically,about 90% of nigerians living in Nigeria belongs to either islam or xtianity and the other 10% belongs either traditional religion or irreligion. There‘s no crime in giving 6 or 7 days(out of 365) off for the working masses that hardly have enough time to rest going by the situation in the country. They could ve easily given holidays to the trado as well but we all know that there‘s no way they will all worship their different gods on the same day. No way!
Re: When Will The FG Declare Public Holidays For The Traditional Worshippers? by eunisam: 10:16am On Dec 20, 2012
When phearo die
Re: When Will The FG Declare Public Holidays For The Traditional Worshippers? by Tolexander: 10:18am On Dec 20, 2012
liar! Cleverly affliated to any of the nigerian deity? U should have used sango...., ogun. . . , amadoiah. . . . .
If na public holiday for traditional worshippers, na every day go b public holiday for ile-ife cos dm gat 401 deities each worshipped in different days.
Re: When Will The FG Declare Public Holidays For The Traditional Worshippers? by daroz(m): 10:26am On Dec 20, 2012
Ogbuefi_Negro: .....there are more gods in yorubaland than there are days in the year. yorubas will never have to work a single day in the year but will still have many unused public holidays to carry over at end of 365days. angry

op abeg dont start what we cant finish here.... cool
Una no go use laugh kill person for this nairaland o grin grin grin
Re: When Will The FG Declare Public Holidays For The Traditional Worshippers? by engrfcuksmtin(m): 10:39am On Dec 20, 2012
OK
Re: When Will The FG Declare Public Holidays For The Traditional Worshippers? by saintneo(m): 11:18am On Dec 20, 2012
July - August to celebrate New yAm festival

3 Likes

Re: When Will The FG Declare Public Holidays For The Traditional Worshippers? by Nobody: 2:20am On Dec 21, 2012
A typical mentality of black man. Always degrading their culture to a laughing stock just to justify their inferiority complex.

2 Likes

Re: When Will The FG Declare Public Holidays For The Traditional Worshippers? by greatgod2012(f): 2:45am On Dec 21, 2012
When they start having unified celebrations like their xtian and muslim counterparts.
Re: When Will The FG Declare Public Holidays For The Traditional Worshippers? by Yewe2011(m): 3:30am On Dec 21, 2012
I agree.
Re: When Will The FG Declare Public Holidays For The Traditional Worshippers? by ebere1712: 3:31am On Dec 21, 2012
Fedral government should also sponsor pilgrimage to our respective villages, for the festivals. If not, stop sponsoring pilgrimage to either mecca, or Jerusalem. Christains and muslims are the problem. Metu hates foreign religions.

2 Likes

Re: When Will The FG Declare Public Holidays For The Traditional Worshippers? by Nobody: 3:55am On Dec 21, 2012
^^^Word..
Re: When Will The FG Declare Public Holidays For The Traditional Worshippers? by Tolexander: 4:02am On Dec 21, 2012
ebere1712: Fedral government should also sponsor pilgrimage to our respective villages, for the festivals. If not, stop sponsoring pilgrimage to either mecca, or Jerusalem. Christains and muslims are the problem. Metu hates foreign religions.
will okija and oke moogun be able to accomodate them?
Re: When Will The FG Declare Public Holidays For The Traditional Worshippers? by Clerverly: 7:29am On Dec 21, 2012
sad
donedy:

Exactly my point!
Re: When Will The FG Declare Public Holidays For The Traditional Worshippers? by ba7man(m): 7:41am On Dec 21, 2012
Abeg ooo!!!...Make dem no go nack me "Jazz" for their public Holiday!!!
Re: When Will The FG Declare Public Holidays For The Traditional Worshippers? by Clerverly: 4:27pm On Dec 21, 2012
ba7man: Abeg ooo!!!...Make dem no go nack me "Jazz" for their public Holiday!!!
U dey fear? grin grin
Re: When Will The FG Declare Public Holidays For The Traditional Worshippers? by Clerverly: 9:36pm On Dec 22, 2012
Alaafia l‘oro:
We consolidate it into a three-day-holidays as well tongue
Re: When Will The FG Declare Public Holidays For The Traditional Worshippers? by Clerverly: 1:21pm On Dec 29, 2012
MOD, please take this to the front page, abi na you be FG grin grin

1 Like

Re: When Will The FG Declare Public Holidays For The Traditional Worshippers? by Clerverly: 7:39pm On Aug 20, 2013
angry
Re: When Will The FG Declare Public Holidays For The Traditional Worshippers? by babsjnr(m): 12:04am On Aug 21, 2013
donedy: A typical mentality of black man. Always degrading their culture to a laughing stock just to justify their inferiority complex.
Brainwashed Negro
Re: When Will The FG Declare Public Holidays For The Traditional Worshippers? by babsjnr(m): 12:18am On Aug 21, 2013
black Muslims are dumb Arab slave. black Christians are white supremacy butt lickers. traditional religion is the only religion that will give you a clue about your family's identity and heritage

1 Like

Re: When Will The FG Declare Public Holidays For The Traditional Worshippers? by bashydemy(m): 12:23am On Aug 21, 2013
Ok there is no problem with that, Make all of them hold a meeting and should a day to be worshiping there gods and i will personal submit there bll to the National Assembly.
Re: When Will The FG Declare Public Holidays For The Traditional Worshippers? by kufre2010: 1:05am On Aug 21, 2013
This topic deserve front page. We the traditionalist has kept silent for so long even as we are the owner of the land foreign dieties and gods has been accorded more recognition from our government. Sometimes i wonder if it is because we are not shouting, or because we do not throw bomb.

2 Likes

Re: When Will The FG Declare Public Holidays For The Traditional Worshippers? by Clerverly: 6:43am On Aug 21, 2013
kufre2010: This topic deserve front page. We the traditionalist has kept silent for so long even as we are the owner of the land foreign dieties and gods has been accorded more recognition from our government. Sometimes i wonder if it is because we are not shouting, or because we do not throw bomb.

Men I tire!
Re: When Will The FG Declare Public Holidays For The Traditional Worshippers? by gerald09(m): 1:09pm On Aug 21, 2013
ebere1712: Fedral government should also sponsor pilgrimage to our respective villages, for the festivals. If not, stop sponsoring pilgrimage to either mecca, or Jerusalem. Christains and muslims are the problem. Metu hates foreign religions.
I support u!

(1) (Reply)

Lagos govt, churches on war path over demolition / Pitfall In Imo Govt's Interference In Abia’s Market Relocation / nigerian Students Win Global Race-car Design

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.