|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 1,991,471 members, 4,199,536 topics. Date: Friday, 20 April 2018 at 11:34 PM
|Funny Driving Facts by Immune1(m): 10:35am On Dec 18, 2012|
1) If you ever want to drink and drive, simply take a cab to an arcade center.
2) In Warri (Delta state, Nigeria) cars are referred to as ‘iron’.
3) 90% of Mobile offices in Nigeria are owned by driving schools.
4) An average policeman wants to be feared and ‘appreciated’.
5) An average FRSC marshal wants to be respected and acknowledged.
6) Smoking and driving is against the law in Lagos, but it doesn’t mean you can’t drive and smoke the whole place.
7) If you are a couple and both your licences are expired, be wise enough to let the lady take the wheel.
Driving your own car can be expensive; but so is spending a quarter of your salary on laundry.
9) In Nigeria a fairly used imported car is referred to as ‘tokunbo’, while locally used tokunbo cars are referred to as ‘cabs’.
10) The only 2 objects visible to the driver of an unloaded trailer are the truck’s accelerator pedal and the black asphalt road surface.
11) You can as well hand-down your bag and mobile phone if you are hell bent on buying gala beyond 8pm in traffic.
12) The only type of mechanic to trust is the one that smiles and acknowledges the fact that you outsmarted him whenever he plays dirty.
13) An average car wash management in Nigeria hires and fires incessantly because of how easy it is to steal when you leave your car to be washed.
14) The surest way to save fuel in a congested city like Lagos is to invest in good car batteries or great hang-out spots.
15) Before you decide to take alternative routes at anytime, make sure you find at least 2 commercial buses and at least a cab headed in that direction, else the road is blocked as well.
16) From Monday to Fridays you are the ‘oga’ to mechanics, but on Saturdays they become the ogas.
17) In Nigeria every car is a potential towing vehicle; it all depends on how far the owner is willing to go.
|Re: Funny Driving Facts by markdacas: 1:08pm On Dec 18, 2012|
|Re: Funny Driving Facts by 5much(m): 1:10pm On Dec 18, 2012|
u can do better than this.
|Re: Funny Driving Facts by Thugnificent(m): 1:10pm On Dec 18, 2012|
|Re: Funny Driving Facts by engrtee(f): 1:11pm On Dec 18, 2012|
Funny but true
|Re: Funny Driving Facts by Jazzgreen(m): 1:14pm On Dec 18, 2012|
Na only me de here?
|Re: Funny Driving Facts by yuzedo: 1:19pm On Dec 18, 2012|
Na laff we suppose laff?
|Re: Funny Driving Facts by AdeniyiA(m): 1:21pm On Dec 18, 2012|
from statistics, 90% of road accidents are caused by driving without drinking.
logically,10% are caused by drunken driving.
abeg,wch is beta?
|Re: Funny Driving Facts by free2ryhme: 1:24pm On Dec 18, 2012|
|Re: Funny Driving Facts by Opoki(m): 1:24pm On Dec 18, 2012|
|Re: Funny Driving Facts by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 18, 2012|
No 10 is quite funny
|Re: Funny Driving Facts by Freiburger(m): 1:33pm On Dec 18, 2012|
lol @ point 13
|Re: Funny Driving Facts by Dermie: 1:35pm On Dec 18, 2012|
|Re: Funny Driving Facts by Egbagirl(f): 1:44pm On Dec 18, 2012|
5much: u can do better than this.
5much: u can do better than this.
The OP only shared something he found somewhere. I dont know what you want him to do again. Unless the OP was the one that complied the list for the website/blog
|Re: Funny Driving Facts by ukachimo: 1:44pm On Dec 18, 2012|
Lagos drivers on speed lane behave as if the road and their life belong to them, and don't mind trafficators of drivers in front of them.
|Re: Funny Driving Facts by dljbd1(m): 1:45pm On Dec 18, 2012|
|Re: Funny Driving Facts by drlaykay(m): 1:47pm On Dec 18, 2012|
Am sorry,I just need to say the truth."Am not impressed"
|Re: Funny Driving Facts by VALIDATOR: 1:48pm On Dec 18, 2012|
After the policeman extorts money from you he expects you to become his friend as an appreciation for bringing down his "fee" for your offense.
|Re: Funny Driving Facts by Iranoladun(f): 1:55pm On Dec 18, 2012|
You must know how to dribble round Okada (commercial motorbike), pedestrian and Marwa (Tricycle) if you must drive on most Lagos road
The fear of LASTMA, FRSC, Police is the beginning of wisdom. When you sight them from afar you better 'behave' especially when weekend is approaching or in December when everyone of the corrupt official is looking for the 'maga' that will 'pay' their christmas bonus
|Re: Funny Driving Facts by Reference(m): 1:55pm On Dec 18, 2012|
Not funny but useful. In the new era of free market fuel tow the okada line at the gas station no matter how long it is. The meter is least likely to be doctored.
In traffic the outer lane is more likely to be occupied by scurrying commercial vehicles while the inner lane by L - plates and executives who take their time. Incidentally this is where vendors stay in the morning and muggers at night.
|Re: Funny Driving Facts by pyyxxaro: 2:01pm On Dec 18, 2012|
YOU MUST BE THE SON OF MR IBU
|Re: Funny Driving Facts by horlajide: 2:16pm On Dec 18, 2012|
|Re: Funny Driving Facts by goldfish80(m): 2:34pm On Dec 18, 2012|
|Re: Funny Driving Facts by Chanchit: 2:35pm On Dec 18, 2012|
If u buy a Nigeria used car, its called hand to hand or change of ownership, not cabs.
|Re: Funny Driving Facts by lukaino(m): 3:19pm On Dec 18, 2012|
In Lagos, patronise only fuel stations where you see taxi or danfos buying fuel, it means their pump measure is better
|Re: Funny Driving Facts by folahann(m): 6:28pm On Dec 18, 2012|
Very true. Every damn car is a potential towing vehicle.
|Re: Funny Driving Facts by largeoseni(m): 6:28pm On Dec 18, 2012|
5much: u can do better than this.beef
|Re: Funny Driving Facts by Nobody: 8:03pm On Dec 18, 2012|
Anyone gong slower than you is annoying; anyone going faster is a maniac.
|Re: Funny Driving Facts by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:38am On Dec 19, 2012|
21. Ibadan Taxis are mostly worn out vehicles. Their drivers are unapologetic, abusive & don't always have change.
If you are alighting, make sure your dress is not hooked with a metal on the sit so that it won't damage it. Moreso, if you have not taken your breakfast, don't board a wrecked Taxi in Ibadan cos it's gonna turn up your digestive system.
22. Abeokuta Taxi drivers are careless. They can slow down suddenly & park without indicating whenever they sight a passenger. They are fond of counting/sorting money while driving. Infact, they usually stop in the middle of the road to pick/drop a passenger.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2018 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91