Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Nairaland: A Land Of Equal Opportunities - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland: A Land Of Equal Opportunities (779 Views)

Nigerian Senate Fails To Pass The Gender And Equal Opportunities Bill. / See A Photo Of N1 Note That Was Used In 1979 When $1 Was Equal To N0.647 / Jonathan Assures S/east Of Equal Opportunity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland: A Land Of Equal Opportunities by eyenCalabar(m): 11:04pm On Dec 18, 2012
Hi folks, wish to share a little with you. There is a question so many have not been able to give a perfect answer to and the question is what they do with their time on Nairaland! Do you know that NL is so loaded to be your perfect guide in life? Do you know that this forum has help many found happiness, new businesses, new ideas, new skills, make new friends, build a future, make real investment, make good decisions or even stay in good health? In the midst of these, it sad that there are so many [still] since they joined NL have not gotten anything meaningful from it other than engaging in reading breaking news around the world, derailing people's thread, making stup!d and unnecessary comments, studying African traditions, promoting tribalism, criticizing religious leaders, e-brawling etc and these are the people complaining of how terrible Nigeria is when their spirit has been programmed for failure. No, you've got to make a change today. Stop wasting your time/data opening threads that cannot add any value to your life rather than fear; stop reading those breaking news, it won't stop them from happening again or change anything in your life; leave Jonathan and his crew alone because government was not designed to help or make you successful. Don't stop at reading the frontpage topics alone when you visit NL. Research have shown that 80% of topics there carries breaking news and things which cannot edifies you and this portrays a bad image for the forum making so many not to even visit again after their first experience when there are thousands good [and] educating topics which cannot be found except you browse the forum. So go to other sections and see for yourself the real meaning of this forum. Focus on improving your life. Learn new skills everyday and educate yourself. And then success could be defined another way: the ability to invest in yourself. Because if you invest in yourself it'll deliver to you what you want at any point in time. Remember, the information you have as a person makes you who you are. Open quality threads and follow real people. Add some qualities to your life and become successful in the nearest future. Hold yourself responsible for your life. God never created a failure hence don't make yourself one. Stop blaming the government and reading their bad news when they are materials around to give your life a meaning. Make a change today! Wish you a new NL experience, a merry Xmas and a prosperous 2013. Love you all!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland: A Land Of Equal Opportunities by Nobody: 11:25pm On Dec 18, 2012
. . . . . . . . . I'll really appreciate if this Topic is moved to the Front Page Please. Its so revealing. Thanks EyenCalabar!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland: A Land Of Equal Opportunities by Emusan(m): 11:49pm On Dec 18, 2012
If people hav not achieve anything i personally i have achieved alot, is it laugh that people make me to laugh soteeee that i wil be rollng on ground. Is betta pass job because it cure hypertension gringringrin
Re: Nairaland: A Land Of Equal Opportunities by code0: 12:40am On Dec 19, 2012
..."it sad that there are so many [still] since they joined NL have not gotten anything meaningful from it other than engaging in reading breaking news around the world, derailing people's thread, making stup!d and unnecessary comments",...
ebamma 3, bbpreye, garri (x7) & co

..."studying African traditions"...,
okija_juju. The only traditional man on NL

..."promoting tribalism, criticizing religious leaders, e-brawling etc"...
so many are guilty of this. I may be included sha

..."Stop wasting your time/data opening threads that cannot add any value to your life rather than fear; stop reading those breaking news, it won't stop them from happening again or change anything in your life; leave Jonathan and his crew alone because government was not designed to help or make you successful"...
do you know that currently Boko Haram have sent a letter to Benue Governor promising him to expect their visit?

..."Research have shown that 80% of topics there carries breaking news and things which cannot edifies you"...
this one doesn't requires a soothsayer or a researcher

..."And then success could be defined another way: the ability to invest in yourself. Because if you invest in yourself it'll deliver to you what you want at any point in time"...
the best definition of success ever

..."Hold yourself responsible for your life. God never created a failure hence don't make yourself one."...
why when some people's grand mum/dad are still alive? These people flies in from the village at night and attack us in the city crippling our hands and legs to move and work. Don't you know?

..."Stop blaming the government"...
No bro, our destiny was interwovened with that of the government at birth

..."Wish you a new NL experience, a merry Xmas and a prosperous 2013. Love you all!!!...
Same to you bro. I love you too. God bless you

BTW, this is a quality thread. It tells me that we still have critical thinkers in Nigeria. Weldone bro.
Re: Nairaland: A Land Of Equal Opportunities by code0: 1:20pm On Dec 19, 2012
Mod pls, many needs to read this. Accord it the honour it due to be on the frontpage. There's so much others can learn from this post. Thanks.
Re: Nairaland: A Land Of Equal Opportunities by cjrane: 8:01pm On Dec 19, 2012
NL na tribalism square. But it is good because if we must live together as one country,we must know what each other really think. So,in a way, it will help Nigeria understand itself better.
Re: Nairaland: A Land Of Equal Opportunities by eyenCalabar(m): 10:42pm On Dec 19, 2012
cjrane: NL na tribalism square. But it is good because if we must live together as one country,we must know what each other really think. So,in a way, it will help Nigeria understand itself better.

No bro. Tribalism can never be good in any way. There can never be any meaningful growth in Nigeria if we continue with it. And we can never understand ourselves any better with it. We are one and the same people. That's all. We don't need any better understanding than this.
Re: Nairaland: A Land Of Equal Opportunities by cjrane: 2:31am On Dec 20, 2012
eyenCalabar:

No bro. Tribalism can never be good in any way. There can never be any meaningful growth in Nigeria if we continue with it. And we can never understand ourselves any better with it. We are one and the same people. That's all. We don't need any better understanding than this.

Your thinking is just like mine 5 years ago after i had a minor misunderstanding with my bosom yoruba friend who was even a Pastor! Then, he said some really unprintable things about Igbos that shocked me.I wondered where all that came from? I wondered if he said all that in anger or if he always had that in mind while pretending we were bossom friends.
I have seen exactly the same sentiments repeated here on NL by almost every yoruba.So you can see they were actually taught to hate and they believe it completely in their heart. I thank NL for providing an avenue for people to speak their mind.

I have abandoned wishful thinking that some people will ever change their beliefs and Nigeria could become one great people! For so many years i suffered in agony hoping that such an impossible thing will happen.I have since come to realize it was people like me that didn't want to acknowledge the truth about challenges of tribalism,corruption,hatred and jealousy in Nigeria before trying to unite it that were the biggest problem.

Last month,Governor Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom made a passionate plea that Nigeria should revert to our national anthem at independence because we still had not overcome the issues our founding fathers faced, and he was insulted and called a tribalist! Now, Akpabio is the last man that deserves that adjective because he is a true Nigerian based on how he has treated non-indigenes in his state. I listened to that anthem again and realized the man was right! Nigeria must acknowledge our differences first before emphasizing the brotherhood we need to prosper.
Re: Nairaland: A Land Of Equal Opportunities by Nobody: 6:42am On Dec 20, 2012
this place have done more harm than good to weak Nigerians
Re: Nairaland: A Land Of Equal Opportunities by achi4u(m): 7:06am On Dec 20, 2012
^^^^
You are right and wrong,depend on how you want NL to affect you.

Personally,I've gain alot on this forum..."the good___the bad___and the ugly"
Only ur mindset will on certain issues matters.Like the OP posited....do try visit other board not just frontpage and the see the difference.

happy day all NLders.
Re: Nairaland: A Land Of Equal Opportunities by pazienza(m): 8:47am On Dec 20, 2012
@Op. And how exactly is studying and learning african traditions not meaningful?
Re: Nairaland: A Land Of Equal Opportunities by Shine1177: 9:23am On Dec 20, 2012
cjrane:

Your thinking is just like mine 5 years ago after i had a minor misunderstanding with my bosom yoruba friend who was even a Pastor! Then, he said some really unprintable things about Igbos that shocked me.I wondered where all that came from? I wondered if he said all that in anger or if he always had that in mind while pretending we were bossom friends.
I have seen exactly the same sentiments repeated here on NL by almost every yoruba.So you can see they were actually taught to hate and they believe it completely in their heart. I thank NL for providing an avenue for people to speak their mind.

I have abandoned wishful thinking that some people will ever change their beliefs and Nigeria could become one great people! For so many years i suffered in agony hoping that such an impossible thing will happen.I have since come to realize it was people like me that didn't want to acknowledge the truth about challenges of tribalism,corruption,hatred and jealousy in Nigeria before trying to unite it that were the biggest problem.

Last month,Governor Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom made a passionate plea that Nigeria should revert to our national anthem at independence because we still had not overcome the issues our founding fathers faced, and he was insulted and called a tribalist! Now, Akpabio is the last man that deserves that adjective because he is a true Nigerian based on how he has treated non-indigenes in his state. I listened to that anthem again and realized the man was right! Nigeria must acknowledge our differences first before emphasizing the brotherhood we need to prosper.

As much as i will not want to derail this beautiful thread i think the responsibility falls on me to correct your assertion about Yorubas.

Please change your notion about Yoruba nation, you said they were taught to hate. How do you mean? Taught by who? To hate who?

If Yorubas were taught as you assert then every other tribes in Yorubaland will have experience one attack or destruction of their interest in our land as seen up North, ask Fulanis, Igbos, Ebiras, Nupe, Hause, Tivs, etc that live in our land. Yorubas are the most accommodating tribe in Nigeria take it or leave it.
Re: Nairaland: A Land Of Equal Opportunities by eyenCalabar(m): 12:11pm On Dec 20, 2012
pazienza: @Op.And how exactly is studying and learning african traditions not meaningful?

Well, bro, what has tradition been able to do for you? That you migrated from Cameroun or South Africa? Or telling you this is how your forefathers used to do things and you must continue that way? Or linkages of African languages and lineages? You see, where we are coming from is not important but where we are going to [which is hid in Christ]. Tradition can only tell you where you are coming from and not where you are going to. Or have you met a soothsayer that can predict one’s future before? So, tradition I think has nothing much to offer.
Re: Nairaland: A Land Of Equal Opportunities by eyenCalabar(m): 12:39pm On Dec 20, 2012
cjrane:

Well, I would not exactly argue with you about your contentions. Life is all about creating a mindset or developing a mentality. If you have a mentality that you'll never be tribalized, see hatred or jealousy, it'll definitely turn out for you that way. The reason so many meet these challenges in their lives on daily basis is because they have configured their spirits around these things. They accumulate their spirits with these wrong things for so long and this has change drastically everything happening around them. So, if you want to make a change, develop a new mentality. Forget the general truth as you claimed. Do the right thing and you'll meet the right people devoid of all these dirty things.Eventhough as you may be trying to make a change, you don't get immediate results, keep at it. Still believe in the right things and do them because two wrongs cannot make a right.
Re: Nairaland: A Land Of Equal Opportunities by GARRIx7(m): 12:51pm On Dec 20, 2012
code_0: ..."it sad that there are so many [still] since they joined NL have not gotten anything meaningful from it other than engaging in reading breaking news around the world, derailing people's thread, making stup!d and unnecessary comments",...
ebamma 3, bbpreye, [size=18pt]garri (x7)[/size] & co

Ya Fada yansh!!!........ grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Best Performing President Under 2 Years. / Top Ten Sins Of President Obasanjo. / APC To Allocate Slots For President, Vice President, Party Chair And Secretary,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.