Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,699 members, 7,823,970 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? (14163 Views)

PDP Zones 2019 Presidential Ticket To North / Buhari, Atiku Others Set To Contest For APC Presidential Ticket / Gov. Shekarau Resigns From Kano Emirate Council (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by bayulll01(m): 9:55am On Dec 19, 2012
PointB:

A smarter move for them is to adopt a SE presidential candidate like Soludo, or Rochas. Any other permutation will deepen the division and suspicion.
the problem with you people is u pple dont use ur God given brain,the vote of SE and SS is not needed,the vote of SW and North is enough
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by Chanchit: 9:57am On Dec 19, 2012
PointB:

A smarter move for them is to adopt a SE presidential candidate like Soludo, or Rochas. Any other permutation will deepen the division and suspicion.

Do you know that Busta Rhyme's song #so make a clap# now use that tone to sing "U make me laugh#

You said Fashola is only known in SW alone in one of your comments, if the gov't of Lagos state is only known in SW alone, how do you xpect the gov't of Imo state to be known all over Nigeria, any way, if u can step out of that ramshakle box u r typing from, breeze go enter you brain.

Nb: I can't give my own vote to Fashola, I prefer to vote for someone like Rochas, if he contests under the right party, and if care is not taken ACN will loose Lagos state come 2015.
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by igbeke: 9:57am On Dec 19, 2012
alj harem:

when you say both are Muslims, please realise that some muslims are different from others. I don't mind a Christian ruling my state anyday anytime.

religion is actually not an obstacle in SW and some parts of SS. wat really and truely matter r d personalites involved; and d ability 2 deliver gud governance.
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by sammhi(m): 9:59am On Dec 19, 2012
Fasola will and can never be president of this country. A heartless fellow and a stooge of Tinubu. I will rather have the main man Tinubu there than a stooge. At least he (TINUBU)is even more humane and considerate. those supporting fasola are the laptop hired goons of Fasola. Okada rider ban is just like an anticlimax. what about lasu school fees, Lekki toll gate, draconian traffic laws, double standard, his hypocrisy and worse of all his total disdain for the poor and the down trodden. Ask yourself, in fasola rule till date, how many Lagosians life has he improved ?
As for the subsidy stuff, let the it remain.! what else are we gaining from the so called government. The partial removal early this year, what are the dividends.Out of about 15 trillion naira revenue, if only 1 trillion is for the masses through the subsidy thieves, let it be . The solution is to get the refineries working. This will create more jobs and then even if the price is increased, we will know why.
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by PointB: 10:02am On Dec 19, 2012
bayulll01:
the problem with you people is u pple dont use ur God given brain,the vote of SE and SS is not needed,the vote of SW and North is enough

We heard this same story in 2011. I bet Buhari is still licking his wounds now. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by yeko68: 10:03am On Dec 19, 2012
Fashola is a Muslim married successfully to a Christian.
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by Nobody: 10:03am On Dec 19, 2012
danjohn: Assuming ACN, CPC, and ANPP merge, would you vote for a Fashola/Shekarau Presidential ticket in 2015? Fashola is a media darling and will easily win the southwest and perform well (though not necessarily win) in the middle belt. Shekarau, raised his profile when he exceeded very low expectations in the 2011 Presidential debate. He was articulate and appeared like the kind of Northerner that Southerners would not mind voting for. The two biggest comma issues with this ticket are the following:

1. Do Buhari and Tinubu want to run for President or VP? If Buhari runs he will definitely get between 9 and 12 million votes and thus hurt the chances of this ticket. If Tinubu has national political ambitions, he could potentially frustrate Fahsola.

2. Will Goodluck get the 98% and 97% of votes that he got in the Southsouth and Southeast? For this ticket to succeed, the candidates will need to make inroads into the Southsouth and Southeast. Endorsements from people like Okorocha will help. However, the candidates have to make inroads before people like Okorocha can put their credibility on the line.

In my opinion, what this ticket would need is the full unequivocal endorsement of Buhari. That will give them 9 - 12 million votes to start with in the Core North. Fashola has the clout to deliver the Southwest and he has the goodwill to be competitive in the Middle Belt. The last piece of the puzzle will be the Southeast and the Southsouth. If Fashola gets more than 20% in those regions, he could be elected President.

What do you think?

I think this is nansense...

2 Likes

Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by Chanchit: 10:06am On Dec 19, 2012
omojesu123: 4uk islam,4uk muslims.,4uk 72 virgins,4uk prophet mohamed aka Gay prophet

Idio!!t.. Mods why is this guy not banned yet for derailing every thread he's been to..?
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 19, 2012
Abdul Adam56: May Allah choose the most pity president in dis country.

I beg ur pardon. Wha ra hell do you mean

1 Like

Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by chiboy441(m): 10:09am On Dec 19, 2012
danjohn: Assuming ACN, CPC, and ANPP merge, would you vote for a Fashola/Shekarau Presidential ticket in 2015? Fashola is a media darling and will easily win the southwest and perform well (though not necessarily win) in the middle belt. Shekarau, raised his profile when he exceeded very low expectations in the 2011 Presidential debate. He was articulate and appeared like the kind of Northerner that Southerners would not mind voting for. The two biggest comma issues with this ticket are the following:

1. Do Buhari and Tinubu want to run for President or VP? If Buhari runs he will definitely get between 9 and 12 million votes and thus hurt the chances of this ticket. If Tinubu has national political ambitions, he could potentially frustrate Fahsola.

2. Will Goodluck get the 98% and 97% of votes that he got in the Southsouth and Southeast? For this ticket to succeed, the candidates will need to make inroads into the Southsouth and Southeast. Endorsements from people like Okorocha will help. However, the candidates have to make inroads before people like Okorocha can put their credibility on the line.

In my opinion, what this ticket would need is the full unequivocal endorsement of Buhari. That will give them 9 - 12 million votes to start with in the Core North. Fashola has the clout to deliver the Southwest and he has the goodwill to be competitive in the Middle Belt. The last piece of the puzzle will be the Southeast and the Southsouth. If Fashola gets more than 20% in those regions, he could be elected President.

What do you think?
i think Fashola have the upper hand, if am to vote, i will vote for him. reply about both been Muslims, that has been the problem in Nigeria till date. lets forget about does religion matters and move Nigeria forward with our best Leaders.thanks.
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by ngooka: 10:09am On Dec 19, 2012
I will not vote them, they are not capable of ruling the nation
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by bayulll01(m): 10:11am On Dec 19, 2012
PointB:

We heard this same story in 2011. I bet Buhari is still licking his wounds now. grin grin grin
mr dunce how many pple voted for buhari in the west,2015 is around the corner better advice ur pathetic,dejected,clueeless,retarrded gej not to contest or else he wil be disgrace out of aso rock or better make we divide make everybody answer hin papa name tird of Igbos in lagos they are so stupe
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by ignis: 10:12am On Dec 19, 2012
The christians and southern nigerians are not represented in this combination.
So it can't see success.
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 19, 2012
I am a Muslim, but i wouldn't hav subscribed to nominating Fashola/Shekarau to pilot this nation as they're both Muslims. Not that the union wll be bad, but this nation belongs to Muz, Xriz en' Trad!
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by ignis: 10:14am On Dec 19, 2012
The christians and southern nigerians are not represented in this combination.
So it can't be successful.
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by 175(m): 10:14am On Dec 19, 2012
Tusky44: GEJ FOR 2015 - 2019. We hate his style but will still vote for him to pepper the SW & entire North grin

hahaaha u got me cracking real hard. . .i still like GEJ so we go pepper d entire North in particular.
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 19, 2012
alj harem:

WHY AND WHY MUST NIGERIANS VOTE FOR AN IGBO OR SE MAN/WOMAN RATHER THAN A COMPETENT NIGERIA THAT WOULD SOLVE OUR COLLECTIVE PROBLEMS.

My brother stop thinking like this and have a wider view of things.

Apart from decorating Lagos or modernizing it. How has the reign of Fashola affected the poor 80% of Lagosians positively. Even if people call Rochas a father Christmas, i will vote a man who invests directly in human capital development than beautification. The financial burden suffered by poor parents in training their children in Universities and secondary schools has been carried away by Rochas free education.

We should start looking at things objectively. If you keep me in a modern city and i cant feed myself or pay my bills, of what use is it

5 Likes

Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by chiboy441(m): 10:34am On Dec 19, 2012
Faddd: I am a Muslim, but i wouldn't hav subscribed to nominating Fashola/Shekarau to pilot this nation as they're both Muslims. Not that the union wll be bad, but this nation belongs to Muz, Xriz en' Trad!

Thanks for such good person. if we can have more people like you, i think Nigeria will be better. All the same God is one.
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by talktimi(m): 10:36am On Dec 19, 2012
Fashola ko fashion designer ni. Let's keep sentiments aside, this ticket will never even be possible not to talk of work sef. I don't know why people get so easily deluded in this country. Any presidential ticket will need both a christian & muslim on it whether we like it or not. I know a lot of people will critisize me here but the best option for anybody to win in 2015 still remains the PDP and the only way to kick GEJ out of power if he decides to contest will be to defeat him at the PDP primaries not ACN that generality of Nigerians see as a tribalistic party and Tinubu's toy. The ANPP on its own is just a confused party, they don't even know what they want for themselves.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by Profidada: 10:37am On Dec 19, 2012
Personally as an individual who hails from the same senatorial district with gej am ready to go with this ticket if things remain as it is. But the question is will the muslim core north see it this way considering the fact that they will be receiving the vp plot. This is the one million dollar question. Some of us today who are fans of gej are not doing it because he had done much in our lives but as a result of the born to rule mentality of the muslim north. If they dont want gej fine, other candidates like Fashiola, Okorocha, Ngozi, David Mark etc are available for them to choose. They should stop insulting our sensibilities with the likes of buhari and the mentality of ''the north must rule in 2015" cos it wont work.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by Profidada: 10:37am On Dec 19, 2012
Personally as an individual who hails from the same senatorial district with gej am ready to go with this ticket if things remain as it is. But the question is will the muslim core north see it this way considering the fact that they will be receiving the vp plot. This is the one million dollar question. Some of us today who are fans of gej are not doing it because he had done much in our lives but as a result of the born to rule mentality of the muslim north. If they dont want gej fine, other candidates like Fashiola, Okorocha, Ngozi, David Mark etc are available for them to choose. They should stop insulting our sensibilities with the likes of buhari and the mentality of ''the north must rule in 2015" cos it wont work.

1 Like

Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by Mekanze: 10:39am On Dec 19, 2012
danjohn:

In 1993, SDP ran MKO Abiola and Baba Gana Kingibe for President and VP and they were both Muslims but they won the South decisively. The point I am making is that Southerners are not afraid of voting for Muslims. Fashola and Shekarau are mainstream personalities that can win the votes of Christians.
Not in south east and south south. Wat i mine even saying, there will be no Nigeria come 2015.
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by Malawian(m): 10:43am On Dec 19, 2012
but nigerians must vote for the hausa fulani yoruba cos they are the only types of nigerians who can develop nigeria abi? abeg park well joor. msheeew.
alj harem:

WHY AND WHY MUST NIGERIANS VOTE FOR AN IGBO OR SE MAN/WOMAN RATHER THAN A COMPETENT NIGERIA THAT WOULD SOLVE OUR COLLECTIVE PROBLEMS.

My brother stop thinking like this and have a wider view of things.

1 Like

Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by Mekanze: 10:43am On Dec 19, 2012
talktimi: Fashola ko fashion designer ni. Let's keep sentiments aside, this ticket will never even be possible not to talk of work sef. I don't know why people get so easily deluded in this country. Any presidential ticket will need both a christian & muslim on it whether we like it or not. I know a lot of people will critisize me here but the best option for anybody to win in 2015 still remains the PDP and the only way to kick GEJ out of power if he decides to contest will be to defeat him at the PDP primaries not ACN that generality of Nigerians see as a tribalistic party and Tinubu's toy. The ANPP on its own is just a confused party, they don't even know what they want for themselves.
True talk my brother.

1 Like

Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by vandarsar(m): 10:45am On Dec 19, 2012
He running the government of the rich and u and I know the pdp lads are rich so why would they fault a policy that favour them? The simple fact is, due to the banning of okadas, poverty and inequalities has increased. There are other ways of transforming a city, u don't have to be radical or aggressive about it.
alj harem:

I indeed pity those poor folks because they do not know what is right or wrong for them. Ban of Okada with or without ACN/FASHOLA IS HERE TO STAY IN LAGOS. I am a PDP man and I can categorically tell you that PDP government would do the same if they do not want to lose as well. In fact this Fashola second term, the only thing worth of praises Fashola did is this ban of Okada. Even likes of Bode George and PDP Lagos chapter cannot fault it, why do you think that is the case ? Or do you think is by accident ?
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by k00lxpert(m): 10:48am On Dec 19, 2012
if i hear say fashola or ACN again...i will never pray dat fashola will bcom a president of a country like nigeria, because i knw, he will dis-integrate us apart as one pple. Nigerians shud just pray 4 gud leaders that can cater 4 the plights of all faithful & long patient/long awaited citizens of a great nation full of milk & honey. fashola is autocratic & a 'stubborn' lawyer who has forgoten he's a democratic gov & nt a military dictatorship as he has turned himsef to of recent

3 Likes

Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by ABsI1: 10:58am On Dec 19, 2012
Almighty Allah will guide you successfully to Aso Rock 2015 Amen.
Congrats on your 50th birthday today.
Sai AB$araki
Sai Turaki Ilorin
Sai Oloye
Sai Aso Rock2015
Sai President
Sai Amen
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by dagbokoncept(m): 11:01am On Dec 19, 2012
PointB: Why would I vote for Fashola when I could easily vote for Rochas, Chime, Peter Obi, Pat Utomi, Okonjo Iweala, Soludo or even Ameachi paired with Ribadu? In which way is Fashola/Tinubu/Shekarau better than any of these aforementioned folks? Or simply because of the media hypes? Or is there any rule that suggest that only Hausa and Yorubas should be continually voted into power?

Make no mistake, Fashola is only known in the SW, and if he is challenged by any of the folks listed above, he will never get 5% of the SS/SE votes. As for Rochas endorsing Fashola, well if he is ready for political death, let him go ahead.
Your assertions are not real.Why? Lagos state inhabits not only the Yorubas.A typical Igbo man or an Edo man that lives I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ lagos has witnessed the good work of Fash I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ transforming Lagos.I didn't dispute you that Fashola is not corrupt like others,but not as corrupt.Its high time Nigerians work with what they see not what they hear.
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by kessyur: 11:02am On Dec 19, 2012
i will rather go for buhari/fashola ticket. the good news is that under buhari govt, the VP is highly empowered and capable of taking decision like the president. just like the case of buhari/idiagbon. So let us work hard fo see that this comes to pass. the rallying starts now. GOD BLESS NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by dagbokoncept(m): 11:05am On Dec 19, 2012
PointB: Why would I vote for Fashola when I could easily vote for Rochas, Chime, Peter Obi, Pat Utomi, Okonjo Iweala, Soludo or even Ameachi paired with Ribadu? In which way is Fashola/Tinubu/Shekarau better than any of these aforementioned folks? Or simply because of the media hypes? Or is there any rule that suggest that only Hausa and Yorubas should be continually voted into power?

Make no mistake, Fashola is only known in the SW, and if he is challenged by any of the folks listed above, he will never get 5% of the SS/SE votes. As for Rochas endorsing Fashola, well if he is ready for political death, let him go ahead.
Your assertions are not real.Why? Lagos state inhabits not only the Yorubas.A typical Igbo man or an Edo man that lives I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ lagos has witnessed the good work of Fash I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ transforming Lagos.I didn't dispute you that Fashola is not corrupt like others,but not as corrupt.Its high time Nigerians work with what they see not what they hear.
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by Toks2008(m): 11:20am On Dec 19, 2012
Fashola is a zealot and somewhat sadistic. I will not vote him. I prefer Buba Marwa for president and Tunde Bakare for vice.

1 Like

Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by OsunOriginal: 11:24am On Dec 19, 2012
PointB:

SE presidential candidate? Where? Lai lai...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why NAMA Diverted Wamakko’s Aircraft / Identical Twins Threaten To Sue INEC Over Mass ‘disenfranchisement’ / Court Of Appeal Validates Godwin Obaseki's Governorship Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.