Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,078 members, 7,821,708 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? (14161 Views)

PDP Zones 2019 Presidential Ticket To North / Buhari, Atiku Others Set To Contest For APC Presidential Ticket / Gov. Shekarau Resigns From Kano Emirate Council (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by OsunOriginal: 11:25am On Dec 19, 2012
alj harem:

WHY AND WHY MUST NIGERIANS VOTE FOR AN IGBO OR SE MAN/WOMAN RATHER THAN A COMPETENT NIGERIA THAT WOULD SOLVE OUR COLLECTIVE PROBLEMS.

My brother stop thinking like this and have a wider view of things.

How else do you expect tribalist Igbos to think? They are a bunch of jokers and the reason they will never rule this country.
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by PointB: 11:28am On Dec 19, 2012
dagbokoncept: Your assertions are not real.Why? Lagos state inhabits not only the Yorubas.A typical Igbo man or an Edo man that lives I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ lagos has witnessed the good work of Fash I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ transforming Lagos.I didn't dispute you that Fashola is not corrupt like others,but not as corrupt.Its high time Nigerians work with what they see not what they hear.

I understand where you are coming from. There is also no state in Nigeria that does not have other ethnic groups in various mix, and those folks will definitely have one or more positive comment for their host governor. So my argument that Fashola does not represent the best that Nigeria has to offer still stands. In anycase, there are various other consideration in choice of president and vice in this country. The best Fashola will get now is Vice, and that in itself is very dicey. Fly another kite!
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by EkoAtlantic1(f): 11:34am On Dec 19, 2012
I laugh at the way the ibos on this forum display their claimed relevance in present Nigeria politics.

One thing is certain, ibos have been relegated to the minimum when it comes to presidency.
The ijaws have taken their position.
It might sound bitter, it is just the undiluted truth.
Wonder why ibos have not been able to get the presidency for like 3 decades.

You can come to this forum to type things to make yourself happy, the fact is not gonna change.

1 Like

Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by talktimi(m): 11:50am On Dec 19, 2012
People have started their tribalistic nonsense on this thread again. Pls if you knw you can't contribute with meaningful arguments here, kindly go and watch tele tubbies. This place is for mature minds only.
The Igbos and indeed any other tribe in Nigeria have a right to produce a president for this country so thr should be no more tribal bullsh/t here.
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by Jamisco: 11:53am On Dec 19, 2012
mankevo: Only Tribalism, Cronysm and Sentiment will deny them the Victory if the plan works out.Even in South East, they will perform above 50%.

what have they done for the poor masses that only tribalism, cronysm and sentiment will deny them victory, is it use and dumped attitude or boko haramism they introduce into the country that will let them win?
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by Cusubaba(m): 11:57am On Dec 19, 2012
Eko Atlantic#:
I laugh at the way the ibos on this forum display their claimed relevance in present Nigeria politics.

One thing is certain, ibos have been relegated to the minimum when it comes to presidency.
The ijaws have taken their position.
It might sound bitter, it is just the undiluted truth.
Wonder why ibos have not been able to get the presidency for like 3 decades.

You can come to this forum to type things to make yourself happy, the fact is not gonna change.
Typical ugly senseless ape Yoruba sorry Yoruba man. Nnamdi Azikiwe and Aguiye Ironsi are they not Igbo's?

1 Like

Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by dickhardener: 11:58am On Dec 19, 2012
okpara ugo:

Apart from decorating Lagos or modernizing it. How has the reign of Fashola affected the poor 80% of Lagosians positively. Even if people call Rochas a father Christmas, i will vote a man who invests directly in human capital development than beautification. The financial burden suffered by poor parents in training their children in Universities and secondary schools has been carried away by Rochas free education.

We should start looking at things objectively. If you keep me in a modern city and i cant feed myself or pay my bills, of what use is it
. u want to enjoy modern amenities without paying modern dues. New York and Los Angeles isn't for everyone, some opt for more conservative and cheaper states like Idaho, Wyoming and countrysides of Iowa. Mr man gold is rarely found on the surface it takes painstaking digging to eventually smile to bank with an ounce of gold. For your own intellectual good jump out of such mentality. There is nothing bizzare in the poor working in a more challenging environment like the prospective Lagos, it actually brings in better opportunities. Education and health are the most expensive purchases in the U.S yet it still is a clime of opportunities. Finally sir, learn to embrace positive though painful change, it's like giving up on drug addiction
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by size38: 11:59am On Dec 19, 2012
The combination has already failed even witout going to the poll.
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by EkoAtlantic1(f): 12:01pm On Dec 19, 2012
Cusubaba: Typical ugly senseless ape Yoruba sorry Yoruba man. Nnamdi Azikiwe and Aguiye Ironsi are they not Igbo's?

Like I said, omo Igbo " the truth is bitter" grin cheesy grin
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by Cusubaba(m): 12:04pm On Dec 19, 2012
dick hardener: . u want to enjoy modern amenities without paying modern dues. New York and Los Angeles isn't for everyone, some opt for more conservative and cheaper states like Idaho, Wyoming and countrysides of Iowa. Mr man gold is rarely found on the surface it takes painstaking digging to eventually smile to bank with an ounce of gold. For your own intellectual good jump out of such mentality. There is nothing bizzare in the poor working in a more challenging environment like the prospective Lagos, it actually brings in better opportunities. Education and health are the most expensive purchases in the U.S yet it still is a clime of opportunities. Finally sir, learn to embrace positive though painful change, it's like giving up on drug addiction
ur nothing but retarded plastic. Slowpoke like u reason like ur name DICK HARDENER. How can u compared cities in USA to a slum city called Lagos.
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by lif2uz(m): 12:08pm On Dec 19, 2012
Let's wait na!
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by dickhardener: 12:10pm On Dec 19, 2012
Cusubaba: ur nothing but retarded plastic. Slowpoke like u reason like ur name DICK HARDENER. How can u compared cities in USA to a slum city called Lagos.
new York was once a slum
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by Guk: 12:10pm On Dec 19, 2012
danjohn: Assuming ACN, CPC, and ANPP merge, would you vote for a Fashola/Shekarau Presidential ticket in 2015? Fashola is a media darling and will easily win the southwest and perform well (though not necessarily win) in the middle belt. Shekarau, raised his profile when he exceeded very low expectations in the 2011 Presidential debate. He was articulate and appeared like the kind of Northerner that Southerners would not mind voting for. The two biggest comma issues with this ticket are the following:

1. Do Buhari and Tinubu want to run for President or VP? If Buhari runs he will definitely get between 9 and 12 million votes and thus hurt the chances of this ticket. If Tinubu has national political ambitions, he could potentially frustrate Fahsola.

2. Will Goodluck get the 98% and 97% of votes that he got in the Southsouth and Southeast? For this ticket to succeed, the candidates will need to make inroads into the Southsouth and Southeast. Endorsements from people like Okorocha will help. However, the candidates have to make inroads before people like Okorocha can put their credibility on the line.

In my opinion, what this ticket would need is the full unequivocal endorsement of Buhari. That will give them 9 - 12 million votes to start with in the Core North. Fashola has the clout to deliver the Southwest and he has the goodwill to be competitive in the Middle Belt. The last piece of the puzzle will be the Southeast and the Southsouth. If Fashola gets more than 20% in those regions, he could be elected President.

What do you think?

Why must we do arranged marraige
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by skyfall: 12:12pm On Dec 19, 2012
Fashola is a no-no for me. He has a corporation (capitalist)-oriented mind and does not give a hoot about the middle & low-income class.

I prefer Ribadu & Obi Ezekwesili.
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by dickhardener: 12:13pm On Dec 19, 2012
Seriously y do people think nigeroa would be transformed through a pat on the back. The laws in the west has always and will forever be draconian hence the progress. Stop this village square mentality.
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by dickhardener: 12:13pm On Dec 19, 2012
Seriously y do people think nigeria would be transformed through a pat on the back. The laws in the west has always and will forever be draconian hence the progress. Stop this village square mentality.
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by Okoberry: 12:16pm On Dec 19, 2012
ignis: The christians and southern nigerians are not represented in this combination.
So it can't be successful.

It is because of people like you that Nigeria is retarded in growth. why are we always colouring sensitive issues with sentiments? If is not religion, it will be ethnicity. If it is not gender, it will be quota system. What we need are the progressives to rule us irrespective of the parameters that have never worked and will never will.
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by dickhardener: 12:16pm On Dec 19, 2012
I love Ibos but with post like these u begin to wonder. The problem hampering rule from my ibo brothers is self inflicted. A body divided cannot stand.
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by elbulk(m): 12:27pm On Dec 19, 2012
gists:

Ameachi is also marketable to me (and I would think to many Nigerians as well)

Outside the east Amechi is so unpopular,u should travel more often and yes why the tribal preferences all we need is sme1 dat has proven himself be it a northern,southern,western,eastern.Ppl like u with sentiments r d major problem of dis country
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by Cusubaba(m): 12:31pm On Dec 19, 2012
dick hardener: I love Ibos but with post like these u begin to wonder. The problem hampering rule from my ibo brothers is self inflicted. A body divided cannot stand.
Ur such a low life. Why do ugly, deity Yorubas despise Igbo people like you do? Let us be honest and truthful with our comments and avoid antagonising people. Stop breeding tribalism you IDIOTS!
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 19, 2012
bayulll01:
the problem with you people is u pple dont use ur God given brain,the vote of SE and SS is not needed,the vote of SW and North is enough
hahahaha,i laugh,fashola and shakaru 4 presidnt,what a laughable combination of total failure,we chirstians in d MIDDLE BELT,wil never never never vote 4 a muslims candidate as presidnt,d ss/se sud bring thier condidate and we wil massively support him

2 Likes

Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by bumtos(m): 12:37pm On Dec 19, 2012
Wether you likes it or not, Jonathan is my choice and PDP is my favourite party.

1 Like

Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by saintohia: 12:40pm On Dec 19, 2012
A Muslim / Muslim ticket wouldn't work in present Nigeria, based on recent events , put that at the back of ur mind.

What really are Fashola's achievements?

I can only certify him credible when he stops extorting money from innocent Nigerians in the name of toll gate. The road (good road) is part of primary function of a responsible government.

1 Like

Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by lordeazy: 12:46pm On Dec 19, 2012
Wonder why every discussion usually becomes avenues to hurl insults and blindly praise a tribe over another. It is needless and we wuld appciate divergent views without insults
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by sojiboy(m): 1:01pm On Dec 19, 2012
Forget Fashola in southwest,The peak of his carreer is in dis 2nd term and he has reached it.I will suggest Mimiko and Mark Or Mark and Mimiko,whatsoeva d case maybe,The merger is nothing bt Joke of d season.They re all coming together nt for d masses bt for there selfish intrest and dat intrest will surely set dem against demselves.Lets Shakarau 4get it for now
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 19, 2012
floriana: Fashola is going into retirement after his second term. Remember there was a senator so good called Mamora. After serving as speaker of state assembly and having a term at senate, Tinubu retired him. Tinubu himself is interested and that will surely see Fashola off the political scene from 2015
Thank you my brother for your wisdom. Fashola has no future in national politics. Tinubu will personally castrate any political ambition of Fashola post-2015. The children on NL can continue to delude themselves
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by Reyspin(m): 1:12pm On Dec 19, 2012
Then they will choose other party/person that really knows about their plight.... Do you want to know our problem? Its because most us are self-centered...If you are not affected then the policy is okay, but when you are affected you cry to high heavens...
alj harem:

I indeed pity those poor folks because they do not know what is right or wrong for them. Ban of Okada with or without ACN/FASHOLA IS HERE TO STAY IN LAGOS. I am a PDP man and I can categorically tell you that PDP government would do the same if they do not want to lose as well. In fact this Fashola second term, the only thing worth of praises Fashola did is this ban of Okada. Even likes of Bode George and PDP Lagos chapter cannot fault it, why do you think that is the case ? Or do you think is by accident ?
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by Guk: 1:27pm On Dec 19, 2012
saintohia: A Muslim / Muslim ticket wouldn't work in present Nigeria, based on recent events , put that at the back of ur mind.

What really are Fashola's achievements?

I can only certify him credible when he stops extorting money from innocent Nigerians in the name of toll gate. The road (good road) is part of primary function of a responsible government.

A responsible government opens up the "Market" in their domain in such a manner that the market creates wealth and prosperity for all propotional to their position in the class structure. The government of Lagos state's projects in the last 10 years in comparison with other states have achieved that and that is why you see more and more businesses keep opening up in Lagos on a daily basis and people migrating tyo lagos for greener pastures daily.

This road you are refering to i.e Lekki Epe expressway has (1)appreciated the value of land and property in that neighbourhood so much so that poor land owners who are not even known to Fashola, all of a sudden are prosperous. (2) Building material sellers from Sand carriers in 50 year old land rovers to paving stone to all manner of artisans are busy 12 hours of the day. (3) Warehouses and Coporate offices; Entertainment centres and eateries all employing thousands of people on a daily basis are now there just because the road was opened up but all you can see is the toll you are to pay but when you are bubbling on Elegushi beach every weekend, you forget that if not for the opening up of that area. Ditto goes for Orile Badagry expressway.

You would also notice that each major neighbourhood is been opened up to have shopping malls so that they are self serving and that reduces the number rushing to V.I only on a daily basis.

How many states in Nigeria have constructed Houses; provided mortgages to those who qualify? Lagos has built over 1,000 houses for low income people and have a mortgage scheme also for those who need it.

Lagos state has the smallest cabinet in the whole of nigeria even though they generate the most money.

How many times have you heard Lagos state owning genuine contractors?

How manay times have you heard Lagos state not compensating those they took their genuine land and houses??

And to let you know how well Lagos state govt is bn run, you cannot inflate your tender for certain supplies as lagos state has a schedule of prices obtained directly from the market place so you cant sell Lagos state a laptop for =N=1m like the Senate bought a few years ago because they have all the prices.

A lot of people do not educate themselves on what state governments are doing and look beyond the facade. Lagos state publishes what they do on their website and its all verifiable

1 Like

Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 19, 2012
They have already failed.
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by ignis: 1:29pm On Dec 19, 2012
Toks2008: Fashola is a zealot and somewhat sadistic. I will not vote him. I prefer Buba Marwa for president and Tunde Bakare for vice.
I guess you are among the okada people he banned in Lagos.
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by Guk: 1:32pm On Dec 19, 2012
sojiboy: Forget Fashola in southwest,The peak of his carreer is in dis 2nd term and he has reached it.I will suggest Mimiko and Mark Or Mark and Mimiko,whatsoeva d case maybe,The merger is nothing bt Joke of d season.They re all coming together nt for d masses bt for there selfish intrest and dat intrest will surely set dem against demselves.Lets Shakarau 4get it for now

DAVID MARK whoever asks for Mark doesnt love this country!!

You cant ask for a more sleazy; grabby president. God forbid!!!
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by cupid4ig(m): 1:41pm On Dec 19, 2012
me vote fashola? never. yes he is trying but he doesnt have the poor masses at heart when acting he only have the rich people at heart. so i wont vote for him undecided my opinion thou kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Inside Kogi Trade Fair Complex » Photos / Presidency Blames Power Contest, Anti-graft War For Killings / NNPC May Acquire 10% Equity In African Refineries Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.