Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,596 members, 7,820,143 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? (14160 Views)

PDP Zones 2019 Presidential Ticket To North / Buhari, Atiku Others Set To Contest For APC Presidential Ticket / Gov. Shekarau Resigns From Kano Emirate Council (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by Guk: 2:18pm On Dec 19, 2012
cupid4ig: me vote fashola? never. yes he is trying but he doesnt have the poor masses at heart when acting he only have the rich people at heart. so i wont vote for him undecided my opinion thou kiss

My Broda, would you rather and can you ever tax Ajegunle and such like to develop V.I?
or would you tax V.I and use it to develop Ajecgunle?? All the developments going on in the less priviledged areas, where do you think the money comes from?? From taxes from Ajegunle? Of course not
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by floriana(m): 3:08pm On Dec 19, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
Thank you my brother for your wisdom. Fashola has no future in national politics. Tinubu will personally castrate any political ambition of Fashola post-2015. The children on NL can continue to delude themselves
Honestly it saddens my heart that a sycophant like you has endorsed my post. To me you are a persona non-grata. The motive behind your endorsement of my carefully analysed comment is because you thought it brightens the 2015 chances of Retardeen, the god you worship. Please stay clear of my posts in the days ahead until you purge yourself completely of the Stockholm syndrome afflicting you. No offence meant.

1 Like

Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by Slizbeat(m): 3:38pm On Dec 19, 2012
mankevo: Only Tribalism, Cronysm and Sentiment will deny them the Victory if the plan works out.Even in South East, they will perform above 50%.

IMPOSSIBLE at the bolded. Its not on sentiment, its a fact.
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by cornellrealtors: 3:57pm On Dec 19, 2012
PointB:

What is manageable about subsidy? Is not better to invest the subsidy funds in other critical sector of society. Next year alone, over 880 billion is budgeted for subsidy with arguments here and there by marketers that it will not be enough. And folks like you sees nothing wrong with removal of subsidy because it was not done by Fashola? There is some much duplicity in the country, because Nigerians have elevated ethnicism over sound logic!
perhaps you havent heard that onyly the nigeriann customs generates revenue of over 7trillion naira annually.FIRS rakes in over 4trillion annually and these are aside forex from crude oil.is it then a crime for the benefits to benefit from such income?besides isnt it the ineptitude and inefficiency of government that made it necessary to subsidise imported refined products of a product we should be refining locally?then again,the failure of govefrnment to effectively operate the subsidy regime andits connivance with marketers o filter away our collective patrimony is the reason the subsidy ballooned to such horrendous sum as 3 trillion naira.the highest amount budgeted for subsidy under obasanjo was about 450billion naira.i dont think our population has increased greatly since then to warrant subsidy of 3trillion naira.there was a clear case of corruption and instead of tackling it,goodluck decided to transfer the burden unto the ordinary nigerians who knew nothing about the corruption the president was clearly aware of.since then,no single oil marketer has been convicted.none is in jail and none has refunded the treasury
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by cornellrealtors: 4:00pm On Dec 19, 2012
Cusubaba: ur nothing but retarded plastic. Slowpoke like u reason like ur name DICK HARDENER. How can u compared cities in USA to a slum city called Lagos.
every major city was once a slum.some are even still slum.lagos is a beautiful city like many others and it has its ugly sides like many others.
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by cornellrealtors: 4:02pm On Dec 19, 2012
saintohia: A Muslim / Muslim ticket wouldn't work in present Nigeria, based on recent events , put that at the back of ur mind.

What really are Fashola's achievements?

I can only certify him credible when he stops extorting money from innocent Nigerians in the name of toll gate. The road (good road) is part of primary function of a responsible government.
so the government should pay the contractors in cowries?
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by Slizbeat(m): 4:15pm On Dec 19, 2012
cornellrealtors: so the government should pay the contractors in cowries?

Dont lagos receive $33billion annually? What is that one for? Shebi Lagos is the only city in 9ja that can generate her own money by herself?(as they claim). Taxation from all the big companies that have head and branch offices in lagos isnt enough? They should better stop that toll gate of a thing, they would just breed up more Agberos to block any road and collect money like they are doing in some areas already.
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by cupid4ig(m): 4:17pm On Dec 19, 2012
Guk:

My Broda, would you rather and can you ever tax Ajegunle and such like to develop V.I?
or would you tax V.I and use it to develop Ajecgunle?? All the developments going on in the less priviledged areas, where do you think the money comes from?? From taxes from Ajegunle? Of course not

yeah u are right but the poor pay tax too. but come to think of it fashola has not done anything really in those poor man areas, come to satellite town, okoko, ago, even ikorodu or are those places not part of lagos
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by manny4life(m): 4:25pm On Dec 19, 2012
I'm so loving this thread, intriguing YET aggressive challenges... grin grin grin
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Dec 19, 2012
floriana:
Honestly it saddens my heart that a sycophant like you has endorsed my post. To me you are a persona non-grata. The motive behind your endorsement of my carefully analysed comment is because you thought it brightens the 2015 chances of Retardeen, the god you worship. Please stay clear of my posts in the days ahead until you purge yourself completely of the Stockholm syndrome afflicting you. No offence meant.
To show how sincere and forthright I've been on this forum, I didn't even realise you and I are on different side of the divide with regards to the incumbent. However, GEJ is not my god. Calling him my god is blackmail. Sometimes you guys think you can blackmail people to silence on issues. Its impossible. In my opinion, the incumbent is doing fairly well in a very difficult circumstance. I have given my reasons countless times. You may not agree with me and that I can concede to you.
The issue of Fashola has no bearing on whether I support GEJ or not. The same way I analysed the incumbent before coming to my conclusions is the same way I analysed Fashola and his relationship with his benefactor, Tinubu. I have made this comment in the past on another thread(I wish I could dig it up now), that Fashola has no future in ACN. Tinubu is merely tolerating Fashola to complete his 2nd tenure, after which he will be castrated politically in ACN. If there's already a road block in ACN for Fashola, will he jump to PDP to fulfil his national political ambition if any? I dont think so. Also, Fashola is no match for the incumbent president. The only person that can still effectively challenge the incumbent is Buhari because he has huge disciples in the north. Buhari's political campaigns in the last election in the far-north were more like RELIGIOUS REVIVAL. This is why Buhari's name keep coming up again and again. Besides, it is political SUICIDE to feature Fashola or any other southwest candidate as either vice presidential or presidential candidate in 2015 elections. In fact it will DEAD ON ARRIVAL. Any arrangement by the opposition parties in 2015 that does not take into consideration the southeast will be DEAD ON ARRIVAL, the same way the Buhari/Bakare ticket ended. In fact, any similar arrangement(without Buhari) will do WORSE than Buhari/Bakare ticket because the RELIGIOUS following of Buhari in the far north helped shore up votes for the Buhari/Bakare ticket. Whether you like it or not, there are STRONG ethnoreligious sentiments that MUST be taken into consideration when picking candidates for elections.
Anyway, this does not stop children from dropping names of their IMAGINARY presidential or V.p candidates for 2015 elections on NL.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by onyewec3: 5:59pm On Dec 19, 2012
bumtos: Wether you likes it or not, Jonathan is my choice and PDP is my favourite party.

Seconded.GEJ is the main man...he's d man

1 Like

Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by Malawian(m): 6:07pm On Dec 19, 2012
all you Yoruba amajiri should be prepared to 'occupy' abuja-lokoja road with your begging bowls after 2015. watch as we give bro jona our 99% votes again. we know where our bread is buttered. power will continue to rotate between eastern/mid western and middle belt regions. we have tried the alternative for far too long okay?

2 Likes

Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by zagzero: 6:40pm On Dec 19, 2012
even if the whole world vote for them.....okada men will neva vote for you
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by badesco(m): 7:06pm On Dec 19, 2012
That will never happen because Fashola is not a suitable and markettable candidate.

1 Like

Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by floriana(m): 7:26pm On Dec 19, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
To show how sincere and forthright I've been on this forum, I didn't even realise you and I are on different side of the divide with regards to the incumbent. However, GEJ is not my god. Calling him my god is blackmail. Sometimes you guys think you can blackmail people to silence on issues. Its impossible. In my opinion, the incumbent is doing fairly well in a very difficult circumstance. I have given my reasons countless times. You may not agree with me and that I can concede to you.
The issue of Fashola has no bearing on whether I support GEJ or not. The same way I analysed the incumbent before coming to my conclusions is the same way I analysed Fashola and his relationship with his benefactor, Tinubu. I have made this comment in the past on another thread(I wish I could dig it up now), that Fashola has no future in ACN. Tinubu is merely tolerating Fashola to complete his 2nd tenure, after which he will be castrated politically in ACN. If there's already a road block in ACN for Fashola, will he jump to PDP to fulfil his national political ambition if any? I dont think so. Also, Fashola is no match for the incumbent president. The only person that can still effectively challenge the incumbent is Buhari because he has huge disciples in the north. Buhari's political campaigns in the last election in the far-north were more like RELIGIOUS REVIVAL. This is why Buhari's name keep coming up again and again. Besides, it is political SUICIDE to feature Fashola or any other southwest candidate as either vice presidential or presidential candidate in 2015 elections. In fact it will DEAD ON ARRIVAL. Any arrangement by the opposition parties in 2015 that does not take into consideration the southeast will be DEAD ON ARRIVAL, the same way the Buhari/Bakare ticket ended. In fact, any similar arrangement(without Buhari) will do WORSE than Buhari/Bakare ticket because the RELIGIOUS following of Buhari in the far north helped shore up votes for the Buhari/Bakare ticket. Whether you like it or not, there are STRONG ethnoreligious sentiments that MUST be taken into consideration when picking candidates for elections.
Anyway, this does not stop children from dropping names of their IMAGINARY presidential or V.p candidates for 2015 elections on NL.
Well said and your analyses are on point. You also have managed to come across as a gentleman. But you need to tone down that obsession with "Jonathan doing fairly well in a difficult circumstances". Fairly well is not good enough for a country on the precipice. Superlative performance is even only manageable. Sound out the approval rating of GEJ from random folks on the street and speak the truth thereafter. Unless of course you are either Labaran Maku, Oronto Douglas, Reuben Abati or Doyin Okupe.
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by Panzastrip(m): 8:18pm On Dec 19, 2012
"alj harem:

WHY AND WHY MUST NIGERIANS VOTE FOR AN IGBO OR SE MAN/WOMAN RATHER THAN A COMPETENT NIGERIA THAT WOULD SOLVE OUR COLLECTIVE PROBLEMS.

My brother stop thinking like this and have a wider view of things."

Alj harem, I am really surprise in you i mean seriously. That means Ndigbo are not Nigerians then. You are really out of your mind.
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Dec 19, 2012
PointB:
Make no mistake, Fashola is only known in the SW, and if he is challenged by any of the folks listed above, he will never get 5% of the SS/SE votes.

GEJ--a confirmed crook, criminal, money launderer and associate to terrorists--- got 98.7% votes in those areas over a man known as incorruptible, so Fashola losing there wouldnt come as a surprise, right?
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 19, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:

Hhehehehehe Reverse psychology at its best.

Tell the people paying you to spend all your hours on here that you failed
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by bashydemy(m): 8:46pm On Dec 19, 2012
I guess some of you are not around during 2011 general election, Its the vote from SW that give GEJ victory. Now Imagine Buhari Dominating North and Tinubu dominating the SW and give me what the result will look like. In 2011 if i could remember, GEJ win 22 states and Buhari i think about 12 states or so. SO now let put all the votes from SW excluding the one from OSun where ACN won in 2011 and that is Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Edo, Ekiti,Ondo... and that is 6 states in SW where GEJ won then, So let Asume Buhari/Tinubu pave way for Shekarau/Fashola and give them there full support and campagne massively for them, Can someone tell me what will happen with this calculation come 2015, Minus those 6 states from GEJ 22 states which will give us 22-6=16 states for GEJ. Then lets add the 6 states to the one of Buhari and that will give us 12+6 and that give us 18 states right. Then plus Osun states and that makes is 19 states for Shekarau/Fashola and 16 states for GEJ/Sambo. someone should just think with there brain and not there anus.
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by saintohia: 9:49pm On Dec 19, 2012
Guk:

A responsible government opens up the "Market" in their domain in such a manner that the market creates wealth and prosperity for all propotional to their position in the class structure. The government of Lagos state's projects in the last 10 years in comparison with other states have achieved that and that is why you see more and more businesses keep opening up in Lagos on a daily basis and people migrating tyo lagos for greener pastures daily.

This road you are refering to i.e Lekki Epe expressway has (1)appreciated the value of land and property in that neighbourhood so much so that poor land owners who are not even known to Fashola, all of a sudden are prosperous. (2) Building material sellers from Sand carriers in 50 year old land rovers to paving stone to all manner of artisans are busy 12 hours of the day. (3) Warehouses and Coporate offices; Entertainment centres and eateries all employing thousands of people on a daily basis are now there just because the road was opened up but all you can see is the toll you are to pay but when you are bubbling on Elegushi beach every weekend, you forget that if not for the opening up of that area. Ditto goes for Orile Badagry expressway.

You would also notice that each major neighbourhood is been opened up to have shopping malls so that they are self serving and that reduces the number rushing to V.I only on a daily basis.

How many states in Nigeria have constructed Houses; provided mortgages to those who qualify? Lagos has built over 1,000 houses for low income people and have a mortgage scheme also for those who need it.

Lagos state has the smallest cabinet in the whole of nigeria even though they generate the most money.

How many times have you heard Lagos state owning genuine contractors?

How manay times have you heard Lagos state not compensating those they took their genuine land and houses??

And to let you know how well Lagos state govt is bn run, you cannot inflate your tender for certain supplies as lagos state has a schedule of prices obtained directly from the market place so you cant sell Lagos state a laptop for =N=1m like the Senate bought a few years ago because they have all the prices.

A lot of people do not educate themselves on what state governments are doing and look beyond the facade. Lagos state publishes what they do on their website and its all verifiable

^^^^^^

How did all that you stated above qualify the road for toll? Even the world's minimum standard for a road to be certified fit for toll, the road doesn't qualify to be used as toll.

Who own and run LCC?

Good road construction is a primary function of a responsible government. For now, Lagos state govt. is extorting innocent Nigetians in name of toll gate, ok?
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by saintohia: 9:55pm On Dec 19, 2012
cornellrealtors: so the government should pay the contractors in cowries?

^^^^^

You mean the govt. no longer collect tax ( or state inland revenue)?

What other projects are the Lagos state govt. running and how have they been paying contractors?
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by talktimi(m): 10:17pm On Dec 19, 2012
Fashola/Shekarau ticket can never happen no matter what anybody wishes here. Most of you psychophants touting this ticket now would not recognise Shekarau even if he stood on your heads. If Fashola decides to contest in 2015, his job is to campaign to ALL Nigerians and sell his manifesto and plans to us not you lot comming here and forcing us to accept him hook, line and sinker as if there are no other viable options. Is Fashola the only governor who worked out of the 36 ? What is wrong with you people sef ? Now there Eko Atlantic busy calling everyone opposed to this ticket 'omo Igbo' is that how her principal wants to win votes across all borders and tribes ? Nigeria is for everybody and so if anybody wants to rule over us, he should come out and sell his ideas to we the populace instead of this tribal nonsense you people are doing here. What stops me from voting for Buhari or Okotie or even GEJ sef ?
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by bashydemy(m): 11:01pm On Dec 19, 2012
From the comment so far i think Shekarau/Fashola have won already if we are to judge based on comment on NL so far.. SO hatters make una go kiss crocodile ooo
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by princemedico: 11:09pm On Dec 19, 2012
Reading comments above, I noticed people bringing tribalism into this:> . The worst are those writing Rochas for president, my fellow Nigerians that will be the second collective mistake we will ever make as Nigerians- if Rochas becomes president. That guy will be worst than GEJ.
I am from Imo state and the significant he has done is the free education which he is going about the wrong way.
Voting Rochas as president is a mistake you and I will never forgive ourselves for.
I rest my case, let me not go further.
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by Nobody: 12:05am On Dec 20, 2012
We need change oh, Change Nigeria for better oh God
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by Capisco(m): 2:27am On Dec 20, 2012
I tink such a ticket wil b a deliberate ploy to test d resolve of nigerian xtains bcoz nigeria has bin divided alng religious line and such a ticket fielding 2 muslims wil nt go dwn wel wit dem

1 Like

Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by mokaflex(m): 9:07am On Dec 20, 2012
trust my votes for any candidate not in the PDP
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by aljharem(m): 6:09pm On Dec 20, 2012
Panzastrip: "alj harem:

Alj harem, I am really surprise in you i mean seriously. That means Ndigbo are not Nigerians then. You are really out of your mind.

My brother you do not understand my point. I have always advocated for a SE president. He (PointB) emphasis on igbo presidency is dum.b. I mean why should I vote for an "IGBO PRESIDENT" WHEN I AM A NIGERIAN. Is Rocahas and co not Nigerians ? Why focus on Igbo like it is a must even if the candidate is not competent.
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by PointB: 7:53pm On Dec 20, 2012
kingoflag:

GEJ--a confirmed crook, criminal, money launderer and associate to terrorists--- got 98.7% votes in those areas over a man known as incorruptible, so Fashola losing there wouldnt come as a surprise, right?

I don't know where you guys got the notion that 'fighting corruption' was the primary issue for all during the last election. Well, the fact remains that it was a tertiary issue. The primary issue in the last election was ridding Nigeia off 'born to rule mentality' and solving the power problem. There was no way in the world that clueless Buhari could have gotten any meaningful votes as he had no appealing message as far as both issues were concern. A fact that was very lost to the fanatics who flew his banner.

In 2015, Nigerians will be faced with 3 choices viz: continue with GEJ, rotate power to the SE, or the North. The Northern political gladiators, GEJ, and SE/SS will eventually need to sit down and hammer out a deal. SW presidency doesn't even feature in this permutation. But again Fashola flag bearers will hype his performance as if Fashola's mediocre performance in the face of abundance resources someone carries more weight that those who achieve decent feat with less resources. Shout your voice hoarse people, but we have a unique way of doing things in this country, pending restructure. Let's get real there is no major political role for Fashola, not even in 2019!

2 Likes

Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by PointB: 7:55pm On Dec 20, 2012
alj harem:

My brother you do not understand my point. I have always advocated for a SE president. He (PointB) emphasis on igbo presidency is dum.b. I mean why should I vote for an "IGBO PRESIDENT" WHEN I AM A NIGERIAN. Is Rocahas and co not Nigerians ? Why focus on Igbo like it is a must even if the candidate is not competent.

Go through my post here and pick out the words "Igbo Presidency" or forever remain a liar and bloody hypocrite! Why does lying come so easily to you? Have you no moral compass?
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by Bellozicobichi: 8:15pm On Dec 20, 2012
Paul John:

Another one again undecided
paul 1 of the very stupid bigot if he aask 2 show his grand papa will not because they born him under the iland briged
Re: Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 21, 2012
PointB:

I don't know where you guys got the notion that 'fighting corruption' was the primary issue for all during the last election. Well, the fact remains that it was a tertiary issue. The primary issue in the last election was riding Nigeia of 'born to rule mentality' and solving the power problem. There was no way in the world that clueless Buhari could have gotten any meaning full vote as he had no appealing message as far as both issues were concern. A fact that was very lost to the fanatics who flew his banner.

In 2015, Nigerians will be face with 3 choices viz: continue with GEJ, rotate power to the SE, or the North. The Northern political gladiators, GEJ, and SE/SS will eventually need to sit down and hammer out a deal. SW presidency doesn't even feature in this permutation. But again Fashola flag bearers will hype his performance as if Fashola's mediocre performance in the face of abundance resources someone carries more weight that those who achieve decent feat with less resources. Shout your voice hoarse people, but we have a unique way of doing things in this country, pending restructure. Let's get real there is no major political role for Fashola, not even in 2019!

I dont know what YOUR expectation was in electing a leader for Nigerians, mine was someone that'll develop Nigeria and set a positive path for future Governments and Generations to carry on from; Someone that'll aggressively tackle corruption and create an enabling environment for economic, social and infrastructural development.

I wont even respond to the rest of your senseless drivel because you totally lost me in the second paragraph... not like your first paragraph even made any sense.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos Buys 30 New Buses For Intra-City Transportation / Nigerian Police Vehicles Vs Dubai Police Vehicles (photos) / Presidency Blames Power Contest, Anti-graft War For Killings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.