Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,401 members, 7,822,841 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Alison Attah’s Burial: Why We Rejected Akpabio’s N25m, Condolence Message - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alison Attah’s Burial: Why We Rejected Akpabio’s N25m, Condolence Message (2953 Views)

Otti Sends Condolence Message To Ikpeazu (photo) / Governor Amaechi's Condolence Message To Jonathan Over Sister’s Death / APC Condolence Message To President Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alison Attah’s Burial: Why We Rejected Akpabio’s N25m, Condolence Message by blog4all(m): 3:24pm On Dec 19, 2012
http://blog4all-com..com/2012/12/alison-attahs-burial-why-we-rejected.html

Two weeks after the remains of the former first lady of Akwa Ibom State, late Nnenyin Alison Attah, was laid to rest in his husband’s country home, Okob Ndua Erong, Ibesikpo Asutan Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State, facts have emerged from the bereaved family why they rejected appeals by the State Governor, Chief Godswill Obot Akpabio, to be involved in the burial arrangements of the immediate past first lady of the state which took place Friday, November 30, 2012.

Weekly Insight learnt from a prominent family source of the deceased who pleaded strictest anonymity that the reason why the bereaved family excluded the state government from the burial arrangements was because “governor Godswill Akpabio was not sincere in his approach about the whole thing,” saying, “when the news of the demise of Nnenyin broke out last month (November) in Lagos, several people from across the globe started calling Obong Attah and members of the family to console, including President Goodluck Jonathan who after calling Obong Attah had to issue a public statement consoling the family but Governor Godswill Akpabio did not call or care to issue any statement.”

The source told Weekly Insight that “a close ally to both Attah and Akpabio informed the family days after the incident that Akpabio and members of his government were fully aware of the passing away of the former first lady, but that why there was no call or condolence message from any official of the state government was because the governor expected the family to inform him officially as the executive governor of Akwa Ibom State before he could console the bereaved family.”

According to our source, “The woman was sick for years, he never showed any concern. The medical bills of the woman when she was alive, he refused to pay and when she died he expected the family to be happy about it, when even President Jonathan heard the sad news on air and through newspapers that reported it and called Attah and even issued a public statement consoling the family. Obong Attah who is bereaved did not inform anybody including the president but people heard and called him to console. Such incident could happen to anyone. All those who sent in their condolences knew about it through newspapers’ reports of the sad incident.”

Continuing the source noted; “Governor Akpabio did not say he did not hear about it, he did not say so. He told the senior citizen of the state that confronted him on the matter that he wants Obong Attah to inform him as the executive governor of Akwa Ibom State. The person he told this thing is a very prominent Akwa Ibom indigene who has been trying to initiate peace between Obong Attah and the governor.”
When Weekly Insight pressed further to know why condolence messages from the state governor, Chief Godswill Akpabio; the state government and the ruling Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) Akwa Ibom State chapter which Arc. Victor Attah is a member of the Board of Trustees were not published in the burial programme of the former first lady of the state among several other condolences published in the programme, the highly placed family source said; “I have told you that governor Akpabio was not sincere about the whole thing. He sent his condolence letter to Obong Attah in Uyo in the midnight of Wednesday, November 28, 2012, i.e., two days to the date of the burial (Friday, November 30, 2012) when the programme had already been printed weeks before Attah left Lagos to Uyo. And, he expected the family to destroy the already printed programme and reprint another one in order to include his condolence message but, there was no such time because we were already behind time.”
The source added that, the governor’s letter was delivered to Attah by the governor’s Director of Protocol, Mr. Aniekpeno Tom Mkpanah, “as an afterthought since he (governor) had said he would not console the family until he receives official communication from Attah as the ‘executive governor’ of Akwa Ibom state,” saying that, “the last paragraph of the condolence letter said that the letter was accompanied with N25m given to the bereaved family by the state government.”

Read More @ the link below
http://blog4all-com..com/2012/12/alison-attahs-burial-why-we-rejected.html
Re: Alison Attah’s Burial: Why We Rejected Akpabio’s N25m, Condolence Message by Nobody: 4:11pm On Dec 19, 2012
Pettiness of the highest order.

1 Like

Re: Alison Attah’s Burial: Why We Rejected Akpabio’s N25m, Condolence Message by confusion247(m): 5:08pm On Dec 19, 2012
People of little mind. Will the condolence from Akpabio bring back the dead?
Re: Alison Attah’s Burial: Why We Rejected Akpabio’s N25m, Condolence Message by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 19, 2012
Pathetic
Re: Alison Attah’s Burial: Why We Rejected Akpabio’s N25m, Condolence Message by seanet01: 5:14pm On Dec 19, 2012
blog4all: http://blog4all-com..com/2012/12/alison-attahs-burial-why-we-rejected.html
, “The woman was sick for years, he never showed any concern. [size=50pt]The medical bills of the woman when she was alive, he refused to pay and when she died he expected the family to be happy about it[/size],”
The bolded is the reason why they rejected the 25m,
akpabio, i may not have been your friend with this exaggerated performance in akwa ibom but
i totally support your refusal to pay the medical bills of the wife of a former governor when his husband is a known looter who can definitely pay her bills
There are lots of people who have been under house arrest at various hospitals because they can not pay just N50k,
may thunder tore her carcass to pieces
Pay medical bills ko, pay mental bilss ni
Buncha ediots
though u should not have given them any 25m to bury her carcass, give the 25m to 25 promising nigerian entrepreneurs or graduates and see how they will create 25 thousand jobs. you fall my hand for that
Re: Alison Attah’s Burial: Why We Rejected Akpabio’s N25m, Condolence Message by YuzedoII: 5:35pm On Dec 19, 2012
pro01: Pettiness of the highest order.
On both parts i must add....
Anyway, whats my/our business?? undecided
Re: Alison Attah’s Burial: Why We Rejected Akpabio’s N25m, Condolence Message by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 19, 2012
It is not mandatory for State Government to issue press statement or condolence letter. It is necessary for Victor Attah to know that he is no more the Governor of AKS and has no relevance in the present day scheme of things. He should be hiding as always in his Lekki Phase 1 home after selling AKS shares in Econet and putting all funds in his private bank account. I am sure the Governor is a nice guy by allowing him to pocket all that money by not exposing him and calling our UK Judicial system to come take him to join Ibori. RIP woman, lets leave the sleeping dogs to lie Attah.
Re: Alison Attah’s Burial: Why We Rejected Akpabio’s N25m, Condolence Message by Martini101(m): 7:12pm On Dec 19, 2012
Na wa oh! What can i say? Next topic jor
Re: Alison Attah’s Burial: Why We Rejected Akpabio’s N25m, Condolence Message by Nobody: 7:46am On Dec 20, 2012
YuzedoII:
On both parts i must add....
Anyway, whats my/our business?? undecided

I dey tell you. I can't believe how childish these guys are. . .playing 'ego' politics with an issue as sombre as death. Na dem sabi.
Re: Alison Attah’s Burial: Why We Rejected Akpabio’s N25m, Condolence Message by 401kk: 8:30am On Dec 20, 2012
So Attah couldn't afford to pay his wife's medical bills?
Re: Alison Attah’s Burial: Why We Rejected Akpabio’s N25m, Condolence Message by dasparrow: 8:51am On Dec 20, 2012
401kk: So Attah couldn't afford to pay his wife's medical bills?

Where in the article does it say that? It said that being that the deceased was a former first lady, they were hoping the government will pay her medical bills while she was still alive yet sick but that did not happen. Of course the former governor should still have money and can afford to pay his wife's medical bills.
Re: Alison Attah’s Burial: Why We Rejected Akpabio’s N25m, Condolence Message by adook1: 1:15pm On Dec 20, 2012
Obong attah is too descent for dirty talks,his wife is buried and he did not beg nor interfer or invite any bastard governor or wife.all we know is we reap, what we sow.he has not granted any newspaper interview nor talked about his wife.so i believe everybody gets it. ok

(1) (Reply)

Lord Lugard's Magic And Flora Shaw's Spell By Femi Fani Kayode / Excellent Drainage Systems Will Make Roads Last Longer, Says NSE / Fulani Herdsmen Robbing Now At Benin Express Way 09/12\2015 4:32

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.