Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,828 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Majority Of Nigerian Christians Are Empty - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Majority Of Nigerian Christians Are Empty (541 Views)

Why are majority of those who fall under annointing female? / Funny Questions Nigerian Christians Ask Atheists.. / An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Majority Of Nigerian Christians Are Empty by nollywood20: 3:02am On Dec 20, 2012
There cannot be true Christianity without spirituality. That is why the Word of God said that those who must worship God, must worship HIM in Truth and in Spirit. But as can be seen, the Christianity practiced by most Nigerians is empty, because they don't worship God in Truth and in Spirit. Their falsehood and hypocrisy have only shown that they have no consciousness of the Holy Spirit of God which is the true essence of Jesus Christ and the spiritual power of true Christianity.
Re: Majority Of Nigerian Christians Are Empty by larrymoore(m): 3:13am On Dec 20, 2012
Which way out?
Re: Majority Of Nigerian Christians Are Empty by flourishG(m): 3:52am On Dec 20, 2012
Sounds true. Help me Lord
Re: Majority Of Nigerian Christians Are Empty by Nobody: 5:23am On Dec 20, 2012
nollywood20: There cannot be true Christianity without spirituality. That is why the Word of God said that those who must worship God, must worship HIM in Truth and in Spirit. But as can be seen, the Christianity practiced by most Nigerians is empty, because they don't worship God in Truth and in Spirit. Their falsehood and hypocrisy have only shown that they have no consciousness of the Holy Spirit of God which is the true essence of Jesus Christ and the spiritual power of true Christianity.

The same tribalistic poster who was castigating achebe on the politics section.Talk of hypocrisy
Re: Majority Of Nigerian Christians Are Empty by AbdulAdam56(m): 5:58am On Dec 20, 2012
Notin but the truth.
Re: Majority Of Nigerian Christians Are Empty by nollywood20: 9:11am On Dec 20, 2012
The spirit of God can only manifest where there is truth.
Even when King David fell, he begged God not to take His Holy Spirit from him. Because without the Holy Spirit, a Christian is powerless and will just be swayed and tossed about in the world and can be wasted by unbelievers and the enemies of Truth.

Read the following from 2 Timothy 3 (New International Version) and you will fully understand what is happening to Christianity in Nigeria and why majority of Christians give in to corruption and wickedness.

3 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

6 They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over gullible women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, 7 always learning but never able to come to a knowledge of the truth. 8 Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also these teachers oppose the truth. They are men of depraved minds, who, as far as the faith is concerned, are rejected. 9 But they will not get very far because, as in the case of those men, their folly will be clear to everyone.
Re: Majority Of Nigerian Christians Are Empty by nollywood20: 9:22am On Dec 20, 2012
chukwudi44:

The same tribalistic poster who was castigating achebe on the politics section.Talk of hypocrisy

[size=28pt]I am 100% Igbo. And my mother lost three children in Biafra and my father was still working in Lagos throughout the Nigerian civil war and no Yoruba attacked him. Igbos would have been better, richer and safer without the useless war. Your poor knowledge of English comprehension made you to fail to understand the simple truth that Biafra was more of a suicidal mission than a country.
You should get a copy of English Without Tears.[/size] grin
Re: Majority Of Nigerian Christians Are Empty by advocate666: 10:20am On Dec 20, 2012
nollywood20:

[size=28pt]I am 100% Igbo. And my mother lost three children in Biafra and my father was still working in Lagos throughout the Nigerian civil war and no Yoruba attacked him. Igbos would have been better, richer and safer without the useless war. Your poor knowledge of English comprehension made you to fail to understand the simple truth that Biafra was more of a suicidal mission than a country.
You should get a copy of English Without Tears.[/size] grin

victim of brainwashing.

(1) (Reply)

Paradox Of Our Time - Life's True Story / Seperate Sections For Children In Churches / Pray With Pope Benedict This February

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.