Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,723 members, 7,813,387 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:40 AM

How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? (33353 Views)

Gifts Of The Holyspirit : I Can Tell The Ones You Have / Is The Holyspirit This Cheap?? / How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by Mintayo(m): 12:37pm On Dec 23, 2012
I always tell people- what u believe does not matter,whether you believe it or not: God exists and Jesus is alive and real! (believing it or not Does not change that).

Now to d topic: the Holy Spirit and ur conscience are not the same!
Man is made up of 3 entities-the body, soul and spirit!
The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God.
(That is why it is very hard for some ppl 2 comprehend the things of God).

Your conscience is the VOICE of your spirit.
For a BORN-AGAIN christain,the Holy Spirit guides,leads and talk to you through your conscience.(one the ways by which He leads).

That is why it is good to make sure our conscience is still alive bcus some ppl's conscience is DEAD!
(YOU SHALL KNOW THE TRUTH AND THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE)

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by dvinebranch(f): 12:39pm On Dec 23, 2012
1. Man is in 3 dimension: made up of Spirit, Soul and Body(1 thess 5:23)

2. The body or the house of man is also called the flesh-it is the physical part of man that we can see and touch and it consists of flesh, blood, bones, sinews, etc. The body is like a clothe the inward man wears(Job 10:11)- it is d part of man that relates with the earth thru our 5 sences

3. The Soul refers to the mental faculties of man, which consists of his intellect, his emotions and his reasoning faculties or will. It is not physical. With the soul man interracts with the mental realm. Most people that come to argue in Nairaland have only developed their mind and there4 understand the "letters" of the Bible not the Spirit. Jesus says that "the words that I speak to you are spirit and they are life" so you must be spiritualy discerned to understand it. That brings us to the spirit.

4. The Spirit is the part of man that is able to contact God and can know God. With the spirit man interacts with the spiritual world. Its here that the conscience dwell

5. In discerning between the Spirit(Conscience) and soul(mind) know that the spirit is always in agreement with God and His word while the Soul tends towards the flesh.

6. So use God's word to differentiate: Gods word has a way of seperating motives. Heb 4:12 tells us

"The word of God is quick and powerful and sharper than any two edged sword piercing even to the dividing of soul and spirit and of the joint and marrows and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart"

However it takes spiritual maturity that comes from exercising your spirit to be able to differiante at the first instance
(Heb 5:14)

In ref to d topic n in additn to @cr8v' answer....; d Holy Spirit takes up d role of our own spirit(conscience) wen we truly n fully lay down our lives. Hwever wen one is nt fully matured-in God-der's an inbal,in dat although d Spirit attempts to play His role,we struggle to functn as regular beings. Thus we re most likly gonna hear two voices. Buh as one grows in d Lord,learns to live by grace n feeds on d word,as a result of which our knowledge is developed n revelatn knowledge(wisdom/discernment) is born,he/she is den more able to subject d flesh to d thgs of God- giving absolute control of his/her being to d Spirit of God (living by grace) most of d inner voices such a person hears is dat of d Holy Spirit. He'll inspire you,teach you,remind you,correct you,n rebuke you wen u do wrong (dats wen one ffs d flesh so to speak. 4e.g a believer knwin quite well dat cursin is inappropriate may,out of deep hurt still go ahead to dish it out in a bid to gratify d desire of his feelins-flesh- prolly because he/she don't want to play d fool). Now dis is whr d confusion I sense here sets in; as a growin blivr,God knwin ur status dat u prolly ve nt fully surrendered to Him- in His gentle nature,nt wntin to impose anyth on u- "allows" you to try DIY buh whilst at it His gentle Spirit prompts u wen u re abt to take a wrong actn,speak d wrong words etc. However,wen u fully surrender,esp wen u ve d infill plus on pourin of d Spirit (dats u re anointed) d life u live is no longer us, Christ lives in u (thru His swt gentle Spirit). It is y dat popular Pastor u talked abt may perceive d H.Spirit as funky cos he himself is funky in nature. Wat happens is ur tots bcoms d tots of God,because u now knw His tots. Ur words bcom His words because u ve been fed wit it over n over....etc. So although ur conscience still exists in ur voice,its no longer u,its Christ in u. Dis means dat so long am female, d Holy Spirit is gonna ve a female tone in d ears of ma spirit, if am a male wit a deep voice....vise versa. Now d reason I said "most" earlier is cos u'll b tempted frm time to time- even Jesus was- at dos point,its d knwledge esp revelation knowledge dat'll take u thru dos phase. U re able to tell dat dis can't b God,it doesn't conform wit His words or will.

Hop dis helps.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Dec 23, 2012
blink182: So in essence this thread was created to mock the existence of the Holy Spirit!

Poster beware, you can anger God and Jesus and get forgiven but not the Holy Spirit, He won't forgive you and you will have to live with any consequence you attract to yourself.

Whats biting you?
And what gave you the impression that I was mocking your god?
I was simply asking a question alot of you have not been able to answer until now.
Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 23, 2012
And the various contradictory answers are all given by one Holy Spirit....
Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Dec 23, 2012
Troll: The Human Conscience Is Debatable, Controllable And Changeable.
The Holy Spirit Is An Undebatable, UnChangeable Pure Force That Takes Control Of You As Long As You Submit To It Willingly. It Is Unbiased And Needs A Certain Level Of Purity Of The Mind Before It Can Relate To The Receiver.
If Your Mind Is Filthy, You Cannot Communicate With The Holy Spirit Unless You Purge Yourself Of That Filth.
Being In The Realm Of The Holy Spirit Is A Transition From Your Carnal Mind To A Level Of SuperNatural Mind Control In It's' Pure Form' (Hence The Evil Spirit Is A Dark Force Which Also Is A Supernatural Force Which Spurs It's Receiver To Think/Act Evil). These Spirits Take Control Of You And Is Clearly Different From Your Conscience Which You Are In Control Of.
In Essence, You Are The Master Of Your Conscience Whilst The Holy Spirit Is The Master Of A Pure Mind And The Evil Spirit The Master Of A Dark Soul.

...That's My Opinion Though. Many Mysteries Exists Behind The Supernatural.

P.S - @OP and All, Take Caution In The Way You Define The Holy Spirit. Like I Said "It's An Undebatable, Unchangeable Pure Force." It Is Unforgiveable In Nature, In Otherwords It Has No Heart To Forgive When Provoked. It Is Clearly Different From God Who Can Forgive All Sins, It Is The Force Which God Operates With And It Moves Everywhere. THERE IS NO REMISSION OF SIN AGAINST THE HOLY SPIRIT.

So u can control your conscience?
Seriously?
I mean, I know you can ignore it, but can you control it?
Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by Mintayo(m): 12:46pm On Dec 23, 2012
Well the Holy spirit is an external force.
Just like we have evil spirits.

Both the holy spirit and Evil spirit don't have control over you.

Please don't be misled,the Holy Spirit is not an external force.
The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God jus as the evil Spirit belong to satan.

The Holy Spirit can lead,guide and control u(If u ALLOW Him) jus as som ppl are being controlled by the evil spirit too!

Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 23, 2012
musKeeto: And the various contradictory answers are all given by one Holy Spirit....

You just read my mind.
That was exactly what I wanted to post after questioning some of them.
Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by beylinko(m): 12:52pm On Dec 23, 2012
@op. I wont quote scriptures cos enough have been quoted already. Holyspirit is more than real, n i wil give u 2 strikin encounters i had out of d numerious. B4 dat i'll inform u dat he is more dan d conscience, he is d Spirit of grace,supplication,wisdon,peace,understandin and so on.
Here r d encounters. I needed 2 b in school dat day and i had #150 on me. Normally u hv 2 pay #70 to and fro to sch(minus d #40 frm my house 2 d temporary site in Bosso where i'll board d bus going 2 Psite). Dis wont hv bin a prob goin n cuming bt if i spent all on transport i'll not hv any 4 offerin in church dat evenin(wich i'm nt confortable wit). After sch dat day going home, All i did was 2 tune in to d stil inner voice(nt d conscience) .i left d bus park n treak few metres. Dis wsnt convinent bc i had 2 stay in d sun waitin 4 sm1 to pick me. I would have saved myself a lot of stres by jst spendin d #70 n b done wit it but i waited. Later,Sm1 came in pickd me. He wsnt goin exactly where i ws going bt true dis peace of d holyspirit i went wit him believin i'l get home. D man droped me at kpakungu n takin bike frm der 2 bosso again wil cost me abt#80 -#100 which is obviously nt an option. If i wait 4 d sch buses wich i left earlier 2 carry me again i'll stil pay #50 which is Ok because i'll hv #30 on me. I refused 2 doubt d voice n i stil waited bt dis tym nt 2 long. A woman saw me n carried me -i must say here she knows me. She didnt only took me to bosso bt 2 my house also. True dis encounter of mine i learnt hw 2 trust,be patient 2 d Holyspirit. Dis same scenerio hapd 2 me again bt d tym i bcame much easier 4 me because i undastod him.
I didnt just get 2 dis stage wit d holyspirit. It startd wit trustin him wit little little tins.
NOTE! D experience of d holyspirit is in levels. I'm nt stil der yet, wit his consciousnes i tend 2 no him each day. D second is more personal wich space n tym wil nt allow me to share
Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by miqos02(m): 1:07pm On Dec 23, 2012
drstan: Op@ they are different,your conscience can lie to you
na lie,conscience no de lie. haba
Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by ANYPEN(m): 1:38pm On Dec 23, 2012
i dont know if anyone has written anything similar to this cause i didnt have time to read through every comment.

i think the question is very simple. your conscience is that part of you that came to the world with you. it comes empty as a baby and gradually have it filled with the way to operate as the child grows in an environment. when you have the holy spirit, what it does is influence your conscience that already exist to make decisions according to your belief.

what is holy and what is not strictly depends on what you believe and if you believe the bible as a christian, anything or act against the principles in it becomes unholy and your influenced conscience automatically speak against it i.e the holy spirit influenced your conscience to against it. so your conscience becomes holy.
Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by emmatok(m): 1:56pm On Dec 23, 2012
Mintayo:

Please don't be misled,the Holy Spirit is not an external force.
The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God jus as the evil Spirit belong to satan.

The Holy Spirit can lead,guide and control u(If u ALLOW Him) jus as som ppl are being controlled by the evil spirit too!

Nobody is born with the holy or evil spirits.

The holy spirit is an external force, its your choice to choose him.
Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by dvinebranch(f): 1:57pm On Dec 23, 2012
@ inurmind and @muskeeto its y u need 2knw n experience d Spirit urself. U jst knw wat to assimilate n to discard cos He'll bear witness. Even in readin d bible, wen one jst reads,its lik any other book buh wen one asks 4revelation b4 readin trust me ders a huge diff.
Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by bishopjoe02(m): 2:24pm On Dec 23, 2012
the different between the holy spirit and the conscience is, the conscience can be corrupt or manipulated, for instance my conscience we only judge me at the start of an evil act, if im a thief, my conscience we only disturb me at the first ten act, after dat the sin we just be a normal thing to me, like a habit without any remorse at all. but the holy spirit can never be corrupt, neither can he get use to evil..if you have the holy spirit, no matter how many times you commit the act, he we continually judge and control you, not you controlling it as the case of the conscience with repeated act
Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by drstan(m): 2:26pm On Dec 23, 2012
inurmind:

first of all, do u guys know the meaning of the word ''conscience''?
you can as well tell us the meaning
Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by drstan(m): 2:26pm On Dec 23, 2012
inurmind:

first of all, do u guys know the meaning of the word ''conscience''?
Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by chinakobo(m): 2:43pm On Dec 23, 2012
A christian is possessed by the holy spirit while an unbeliever maybe possessed by some foul spirit.
Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by Candybob(m): 2:58pm On Dec 23, 2012
Cori_corde: I'll say your conscience is the knowledge of good and evil- we all start to learn this as soon as we're old enough to be punished; and the Holy Spirit is that part of God in you, that enables you to 'foresee' things, like intuition, for example.
When God said, humans are created in his image, He surely wasn't talking about physical image, there's a little bit of God in us- the ability to create, build, heal, solve problems, predict future happenings, and whatnot, are the God-like characteristics of man. It's even written in the bible, 'Know ye not that ye are gods?'

The Holy Spirit is the 'God-particle' in us.
I think this is the most reasonable argument from the christian side so far. But the conscience is not limited to knowledge alone, it prodes, warns, convicts and reproofs you (mine still do all these and more).
The OP raised a very good question, that i have asked a lot of people in real life, and so far, your answers are filled with different kind of flaws, either you are threatening him with non-forgiveness or you are insulting him or you are suggesting he asked the question to mock the belief (which does not matter because there are people with genuine concern for the truth). And you fail to address the issue.
The guy that spoke about alcohol brought another perspective that we can consider. His point is we do not believe because we have not experienced it, fair enough.
However i have come to understand that 'saying the right thing at the wrong time or wrong thing at the right time is a graver sin than murder when it comes to IDEALOGIES (religion, philosophies, politics, etc).
The argument that the 'conscience lies' does not follow at all. It shows that you dont understand the word 'conscience'. Pls before you make comments alway make sure you understand the terms.
Consider words like intuition, instinct, luck, foresight... These are things we experience everywhere regardless of religion or not, you just feel when good or bad is about to happen and sometimes you are lucky to counter it at other times you are not. When it comes to religion it becomes ascribed to deities like the Holy spirit in christianity. It reminds of those old olokun priest always attributing everything to 'the gods'.
Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by topmostg: 4:16pm On Dec 23, 2012
Differentiating? Thats easy. Dy/dx =nx^n-1. Lol.
Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by kemcity: 4:52pm On Dec 23, 2012
Fact: Everybody don't have d Holy Spirit, but each 1 of us has conscience. The Holy spirit can very well substitute d conscience. He, in addition teaches and reminds. Remember wat Jesus said abt d Holy Spirit comin 2 comfort n teach His followers. The Holy Spirit drives or propels. 1 tin i tink d conscience n The Holy Spirit have commonly is dat dey both guide. While d conscience uses wat a man knos already 2 rebuke him, d Holy Spirit deal with d known n d unknown. May God grant us understand.
Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by ruth42k3(f): 6:15pm On Dec 23, 2012
m-ployer:
just like u won't understand the influence of alcohol, though explained to u, except u get drunk, so will u not understand d communion of d Holy Spirit except He speaks to u. Doubting His existence doesn't exterminate Him, it only limits ur chances of meeting Him.
thank you jare,i didnt want to comment before but this is the only reasonable comment so far.i guess the devil has really taken over the hearts of many.so help them God.
Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by Truthonly(m): 6:38pm On Dec 23, 2012
Truthonly: Let's begin with the two scriptures below. We'll have to meditate on them to catch the revelation therein. The topic you have raised is actually for the seniors class, so let's feed on and understand these two.

Hebrews 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

John 4:24
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by Truthonly(m): 6:40pm On Dec 23, 2012
@Inurmind
In continuation of my earlier post above:
SIMPLY, your conscience reflects as the 'inner voice' of your mind. Whereas, the Holy Spirit reflects as the 'inner voice' of God. As Christians we are to re-train our natural minds through the tutolage of God's written word. Hence:

Romans 12:2
2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

John 14:26
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

We must understand that the very idea of being a 'Believer' is founded on the 'Faith life'. We DON'T think 'SEEING IS BELIEVING', no, that's the world's way. WE BELIEVE the tenats of the bible, NO PROOFS NEEDED, that's the meaning of that word 'BELIEVE'. In Christianity we don't ask for proofs, we choose to believe the word of God, His word is our proof. The only other proofs we get in Christiandom are in form of 'Miracles' demonstrated by the agency of the Holy Spirit in the name of Jesus Christ. But the primary proof is the written word.

Christianity is a life that can only be lived from a childhood stage up- irrespective of your physical age, because growth as a Christian is only possible through more knowledge of the written word NOT time spent reading the bible or going to church..

As we grow in the knowledge of God's Written Word, it re-constructs and remolds our mindset(consequently our conscience), our spiritual anthenna is sharpened and our fellowship with the Holy Spirit and His leading is strengthened in our affairs. Just like a new born baby OR young child has a conscience of his own, to judge childishly. But the parents begin to train that child with their WORDS of instruction till he conforms to their expectations in all affairs.

Finally, the Holy Spirit does exist, and is the creator, AND IS A SPIRIT. If you do not know HIM yet it is only because you have not been initiated through accepting the sacrifice of Jesus Christ for you. Consequently, you are still of the world, and it isn't given to you to know the Holy Spirit. The knowledge is for 'Believers Only'.

John 14:15-18
15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by nollywood20: 8:01pm On Dec 23, 2012
Everybody has a conscience, including atheists who don't believe in God.

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God and only those who have been born again in spirit and in truth can communicate with the Holy Spirit.
And you cannot be born again without repentance.
Anyone who has the Holy Spirit has a Father and child/servant relationship with God.
It is an awesome reality.

There are times, the human conscience will even permit you to compromise your righteousness, but the Holy Spirit will not permit it.
For instance the conscience has nothing against fornication, but the Holy Spirit is against it.

The Holy Spirit cannot stay or tarry in unholy people or environment.

The Holy Spirit is the vessel of the glory of God and when you connect with God, His Holy Spirit will show and even though it is invisible, you can feel and see the presence.
You can see a strong wind in a closed room with shut windows.
The curtains will move and sway.
A drop of water can fall on you from above even though you are inside a closed room and no leaking roof.
Then you can see visions and begin to speak and sing in strange tongues.

If you doubt me, I challenge you to repent even tonight and confess John 1:1 of the Holy Bible and begin to worship God in total reverence and you will see what will happen.
You must do this without distractions or interferences.
Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by nollywood20: 8:04pm On Dec 23, 2012
beylinko: @op. I wont quote scriptures cos enough have been quoted already. Holyspirit is more than real, n i wil give u 2 strikin encounters i had out of d numerious. B4 dat i'll inform u dat he is more dan d conscience, he is d Spirit of grace,supplication,wisdon,peace,understandin and so on.
Here r d encounters. I needed 2 b in school dat day and i had #150 on me. Normally u hv 2 pay #70 to and fro to sch(minus d #40 frm my house 2 d temporary site in Bosso where i'll board d bus going 2 Psite). Dis wont hv bin a prob goin n cuming bt if i spent all on transport i'll not hv any 4 offerin in church dat evenin(wich i'm nt confortable wit). After sch dat day going home, All i did was 2 tune in to d stil inner voice(nt d conscience) .i left d bus park n treak few metres. Dis wsnt convinent bc i had 2 stay in d sun waitin 4 sm1 to pick me. I would have saved myself a lot of stres by jst spendin d #70 n b done wit it but i waited. Later,Sm1 came in pickd me. He wsnt goin exactly where i ws going bt true dis peace of d holyspirit i went wit him believin i'l get home. D man droped me at kpakungu n takin bike frm der 2 bosso again wil cost me abt#80 -#100 which is obviously nt an option. If i wait 4 d sch buses wich i left earlier 2 carry me again i'll stil pay #50 which is Ok because i'll hv #30 on me. I refused 2 doubt d voice n i stil waited bt dis tym nt 2 long. A woman saw me n carried me -i must say here she knows me. She didnt only took me to bosso bt 2 my house also. True dis encounter of mine i learnt hw 2 trust,be patient 2 d Holyspirit. Dis same scenerio hapd 2 me again bt d tym i bcame much easier 4 me because i undastod him.
I didnt just get 2 dis stage wit d holyspirit. It startd wit trustin him wit little little tins.
NOTE! D experience of d holyspirit is in levels. I'm nt stil der yet, wit his consciousnes i tend 2 no him each day. D second is more personal wich space n tym wil nt allow me to share

PLEASE, USE ENGLISH FOR BETTER COMMUNICATION AND NOT YOUR SMS TEXT ALPHABETS.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by joe4christ(m): 10:16pm On Dec 23, 2012
Billyonaire: Actually what the people who say "God told me" refer to is the "intuitive conscience". Holy spirit is just a misguided term given to conscience. The theory of Holy Spirit is a religious lie. There was spirit before Jesus and there is Spirit after his dead. [size=15pt]Jesus didnt send no Holy Spirit[/size], cos he was dead and buried.

John 14:17
[size=15pt]The Holy Spirit - He is the Spirit of truth, whom the world
cannot receive, because it neither sees him
nor recognizes him. But you recognize
him, because he lives with you and will be
in you.[/size]
Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by Troll: 2:43am On Dec 24, 2012
inurmind:

So u can control your conscience?
Seriously?
I mean, I know you can ignore it, but can you control it?

Yes You Can, You Can Change The Course Of Your Action, You Can Control What Your Mind Tells You To Do By Not Doing It. Your Conscience Judges You, It Doesn't Control You. You Have The Power To Choose Between Good And Evil, Right Or Wrong. Remember, You Are The Master Of Your Conscience, The Captain Of Your Soul. You Can Stir It To Any Direction That Pleases You.
Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by cityoftruth: 7:37am On Dec 24, 2012
Bros, please read "THE SPIRITUAL MAN " by WATCHMAN NEE, all your doubts would be cleared
Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by beylinko(m): 7:45am On Dec 24, 2012
nollywood20:

PLEASE, USE ENGLISH FOR BETTER COMMUNICATION AND NOT YOUR SMS TEXT ALPHABETS.
oh!
Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by justincase: 2:21pm On Dec 24, 2012
in my opinion, the conscience is very differnt from the Holyspirit, every man is born with a concsience. This conscience is affected by a lot of factors including, friends, family, upbringing, religion, school, environment, experiences,television, etc, this factors can influence and affect the functionality of our conscience. Getin married at age 13 isnt wrong in some cultures. I grew up in a home where my siblings would inflate their school fees before tellin my folks, to us, we werent wrong. In other words, ur concience could be wrong and it could decieve. BUT, due to the imperfect nature of Man, and remember that the bible says that d hrt of man is 'desperately wicked', we shdnt solely depend on our conscience, it can fail. Thats why after being bornagain God gives us the holy spirit in order to create a standard, its a plus to the conscience of Man, listen to him and u would never be wrong.
Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by akinemma1: 4:31pm On Dec 24, 2012
holy spirit and conscience are two different things. your conscience will never direct,guide or instruct you but the holy spirit will. your conscience is carnal while the holy spirit is spiritual.as a matter of fact whether you believe it or not your consience can die and you can manipulate your conscience but you cannot manipulate the holy spirit. you can do something and your conscience will condemn you and another person may do it and his conscience will not condemn him. when you have not surrender your life to Jesus and receive the holy spirit you surely have a conscience but your conscience will be weak and will also not be able to direct or instruct you but when the holy spirit comes into you,the holy spirit will re-awaken and strengthen your conscience.sometimes when am about to commit a sin,immediately ,the holy spirit will minister to me that what i want to do will make me sin though i may not see it that way.believe me if i ignore the warning,i will commit the sin and immediately i sin i will be condemned by my conscience and when i plead for forgiveness,the holy spirit will minister to me that "but i told you". the major differences between the holy spirit is that your conscience can only condemn you of wrong doings but cannot direct,instruct or caution you the holy spirit is the one that does it.i can explain better if you still don't understand.
Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by ogbori(m): 10:28am On Nov 09, 2013
Your conscience makes you feel uncomfortable or guilty when you do or about to do something wrong. Which is what the holy spirit do. Meaning, the holy spirit works with that good part of you.
When you have a wrong suggesanon from some external source, or from the so called evill spirit, the holy spirit uses your conscience to remind you what you know and why not to do it. So the conscience might as well be representing the holy spirit.
Man is said to be made of 3, the flesh, soul and spirit. The body or flesh is just like the chasis or the body framework, like the shape and body of a mazda. The soul represent the personalty, potential, gift, intelligence, temprament, humility, patience and all God made to make complete that person different from another.
The spirit represent the breadth of God, that which powers the person to be alive.once the breath is taken away the person dies. The spirit is like the engine of the car while the soul is like the brand (type and shape) of the car.
The spirit is also a medium of communication with spirits. Communication with God via the holy spirit or with other spirit that try to work against the way and work of God. Your soul is the personalty, the individual that decide what to do from all he hears from the all communication and making decision.
Since you are made by God and the engine (spirit or breath of God that form the spirit man) is of God, there the conscience lies and GOD bias.
So the conscience and holy spirit might as well work together and conscience an instrument of the holy spirit.
Re: How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? by Geegee145: 8:21am On May 10, 2015
It is the Holy Spirit that gives us a good conscience

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dancing In Church: First Baptist Church Agbede Warns Choir Members On Zanku, Gbe / Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? / Rev. Ladi Thompson's 2018 Prophecy About Nigeria: "Blood Will Spill"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.