Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,466 members, 7,954,824 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:16 AM

Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 (17686 Views)

Nigerians Blame Sunday Oliseh For Nigeria's Failure To Qualify For AFCON 2017 / Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON / Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - AFCON 2013 Final (1 - 0) - On 10th February 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by ortopazz(m): 6:21pm On Dec 22, 2012
Jarus:

The racist comment is uncharitable.
Drogba is black for God'sake. Nobody stopped him from ruling Europe. The white is in no way Rabiu's problem.

well@Jarus, while typing my post, I did nt in any way let ma self go to that region, Maybe thats the undertone it is presented buh thats nt what I hoped to portray.

I meant that he was nt given the necessary opportunity starting from Lisbon, he warmed their bench for God knows how long and the refused to let him go even on a loan when the obvious was clear that he wasnt going to get starting position now in celtic that touch is coming back, i mean that kid was and is still a great talent, so excuse me when i say the whites coz they handled him.

Well Jar_man, i get ur point, yea yea white reps race talks buh man am sowi I cnt help buh state that.

Back to the list where is Sone Aluko? I thought form was all and all
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by kheart(m): 6:24pm On Dec 22, 2012
Joe Mosco: where is Joel Obi..... Guess Keshi is being sentimental
are u blind? Ibos plenty pass any other tribe abi na my eye dey tell me lies?
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by winnieG1(m): 6:31pm On Dec 22, 2012
kheart: are u blind? Ibos plenty pass any other tribe abi na my eye dey tell me lies?

i dont care whether the team is 100% ibos, what we want is result, EAGLES GET US THE NATIONS CUP
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by Kennedyiheme: 6:37pm On Dec 22, 2012
all you people have to to do is just support the team....nothing will ever satisfy nigerians......even if keshi includes martins and osaze..una go still complain wettttttiiiiiiiin.....abeg Bleep hatrs
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by shos: 6:41pm On Dec 22, 2012
huni_naija:

Be expecting an 10-0 gap this time around. Super chicks! I hail thee
God 4bid der can't score more 7-0 nay watin
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by neversaynever(m): 6:48pm On Dec 22, 2012
winnie-G:

i dont care whether the team is 100% ibos, what we want is result, EAGLES GET US THE NATIONS CUP

Thank you jare, don't mind those tribalistic things that keep bringing up the issue of tribe. What Nigerians what is good result, irrespective of the tribe of the players.
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by HAH: 6:50pm On Dec 22, 2012
Rabiu Ibrahim was a good player but these days he is not doing well no thanks to age cheating, i know him then in abuja, truly this guy played under 17 at the age of 28 so he is about 34 now.
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by Acecube(m): 7:13pm On Dec 22, 2012
beethoven: Abeg why is Joel Obi not in this squad? shocked shocked
sidelined
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by Acecube(m): 7:25pm On Dec 22, 2012
HAH: Rabiu Ibrahim was a good player but these days he is not doing well no thanks to age cheating, i know him then in abuja, truly this guy played under 17 at the age of 28 so he is about 34 now.
lol...
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by Michky: 7:38pm On Dec 22, 2012
ujchief:
theres a quota system which MUST be put into play by ANY national team coach while presenting his list to Nff, otherwise, they wont approve the list. Rabiu ibrahim, shittu 'the elephant' represents a part of the country that must be included. Do u stil wonder why minister of sports always goes to a particular zone of the country?
And Eagles team captains always come from one part of the country.
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by j4jj: 7:43pm On Dec 22, 2012
Keshi has his reasons 4 dropping ds guys! Lookin @ d selected squad critically! U'd observed dat the team is made up of those who r willing to make a mark @ d nations cup ! The squad is ok by me!!!
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by tboyunited: 7:55pm On Dec 22, 2012
Is dis team for nation cup or catalunya friendly?
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by Reference(m): 7:59pm On Dec 22, 2012
These are the best players available at this point in time. I think the question Keshi is attempting to answer by this list is the fact that soccer is a team sport in which the qualities of individual players do not necessarily sum up.
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by JoeMosco(m): 8:01pm On Dec 22, 2012
kheart: are u blind? Ibos plenty pass any other tribe abi na my eye dey tell me lies?
It is not whether he is Igbo or not... The team needs his impact. However best wishes to the team..... Cos failure is not an option this time....
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by SIRCONFIDENCE(m): 8:05pm On Dec 22, 2012
keshi want these guys(osaze, martin & taiwo) to be more committed to national team when world cup qualifer starts in April.
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by sholasys: 8:09pm On Dec 22, 2012
Well, i dont expect much from Keshi, he is a mediocre and an opportunist and power intoxicated fella. I just hope we will get to QF
I will start been concern about super eagles whenever i hear Keshi is removed. I dont hate him as a person but he lack originality, pattern, off course he has no pedigree
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by toprealman: 8:15pm On Dec 22, 2012
julioralph: shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked did Keshi take palm-wine or Ogogoro b4 compiling this list?
no Martins, Odemwingie What's Shittu & bench warming Rabiu Ibrahim doing there?
it's obvious there's something fishy going on.
I'm soooo sorry but I don't think these eagles will fly in SA. I forsee the subsequent sacking of Keshi. angry angry angry

Rabiu does not even make the bench to start with. Keshi just like my man wenger is just too stubborn to a fault. He is just experimenting. Hope it does not backfire.
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by Rajosh(m): 8:23pm On Dec 22, 2012
joel obi is just returning from injury and he's nt fully fit yet.he's going to make his comback for inter nxt year
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by debosky(m): 8:30pm On Dec 22, 2012
Did Keshi give any reasons for omitting Osaze? He said a few days ago that he hadn't decided on whether Osaze would be involved or not. . . .so what led to him making this decision.

Anyways, glad to see Shola Ameobi in the squad - we need experienced forwards in the side.
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by coogar: 8:39pm On Dec 22, 2012
pompori king: Grow up and stop complaining..we have taken all the so called stars everytime and failed miserably.keshi is the coach not you guys.

this is the most idiotic comment ever.......
people like you are the reasons the country won't be moving forward anytime soon - i can bet when it gets pear-shaped and nigeria gets knocked out, you would quickly change your stance and start asking for keshi's head.

even a goat knows there's no balance in the squad keshi is taking to the competition. he needs more midfielders than strikers. the maximum number of strikers keshi needs shouldn't be more than 5 - why is it that common sense evades indigenous coaches in nigeria?

there's no point watching this - nigeria have failed even before the competiton is kicking off. if keshi cannot get it right with simple task such as squad selection then how would he apply tactical nous during the competition. nigeria is such a joke! useless sports ministry, idiotic coach, and brainless fawners like yourself!
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by sundaybam(m): 8:54pm On Dec 22, 2012
We need more experience in that squad. He should av joined martins to that team. At least big name in our bench.
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by Leemak: 9:05pm On Dec 22, 2012
delors:

GRAMMAR POLICE

Brighter Grammar
Na wah o...if Keshi dey mess up, sey u self suppose dey complicate matters?
Next time, you write 'WE NEED' not 'WE NEEDS'
and write 'TO INSPIRE' not 'TO INSPIRED'...

Two lines, two deadly nuclear bombshells ...later na, u go talk say mammy Patience dey blow grammar for Aso Rock...you better go buy Brighter Grammar II.
Jobless English teacher shut up ur dirty mouth........u are foolishly embracing foregin language while neglecting ur own mother language, upon all ur knowledge in english language u ar still walking down d street looking for a meagre work to do..........wot a useless and jobless nigerian!
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by Promolysis(m): 9:21pm On Dec 22, 2012
yuzedo:
Keep famzing, ur "main man" no ge even smell warm up not to talk of play 2mins.. cheesy

This is a sh*t-list, and keeping Osaze out isn't the most prudent decision. Passion & dedication aren't qualities that are rewarded in this country! undecided
dude if u hav nothing positive to say u beta go and rest. Is osaze not in squad that lost out for nations cup qualifying match. The coach has make his decision we all have to respect that decision
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by j4jj: 9:24pm On Dec 22, 2012
sundaybam: We need more experience in that squad. He should av joined martins to that team. At least big name in our bench.

Wat profit a man after gainin d whole xperience and could nt practicalize it! Keshi has given evry player to proof his mettle durin d friendly matches! We need tall players like ameobi and nt short guys like martins!

E no go good if all our strikers short like dwarf wen we r not playin ludo!
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by Vinnozaro(m): 9:24pm On Dec 22, 2012
From which paper did you read or even see this news @thread owner.

What i read from PREMIUM TIMES NG NEWSPAPER is that 32 PLAYER WILL Struggle for 23 slot and the final list of players will be out on JANUARY 9
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by hugafella(m): 9:35pm On Dec 22, 2012
D sage: I support Keshi for not inviting Osaze and Taiwo. But at least,he should have invited Matins, this is because I don't see any quality strikers in that squad.

we needs at least an experience forward to inspired those guys he invited.

Did u say u dont see any quality strikers? Maybe u need to look again bro. Besides, Osaze's head is too big to fit into Keshi's team.
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by j4jj: 9:36pm On Dec 22, 2012
Vinnozaro: From which paper did you read or even see this news @thread owner.

What i read from PREMIUM TIMES NG NEWSPAPER is that 32 PLAYER WILL Struggle for 23 slot and the final list of players will be out on JANUARY 9

O boy! I had 2 go back to d thread to recount d numbers of players selected! 32 nt 23! I had tot d players were selected 4 ANC!

Anyway! It is also a proof that Martins, Osaze and d likes canot b part of d team
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by hugafella(m): 9:41pm On Dec 22, 2012
muktarl: Am tired of this country. Why are Igbos dominating everything in Nigeria?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHDaHlTaHJw

My leader Ahmadu Bello was right anyways.

If you are tired of ibos, then you are very ungrateful. Who was selfless enough to leave his hometown to come and develop your towns and cities? Its reasonling like yours that makes your kinsmen kill ibos. Everything has been inyour favour right frim time, but you guys simply dont see opportunitues. When someone makes success out of nothing, you get jealous. Please the players are representing Nigeria and not iboland. Get it into your thick skull dude!

1 Like

Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by toyeoye(m): 9:43pm On Dec 22, 2012
out injured,only featured twice for inter this season.ur welcome
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by DeWisedon(m): 9:51pm On Dec 22, 2012
My mind tell me say keshi go jst end lik siasia
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by Rossikk(m): 10:08pm On Dec 22, 2012
Martins this Martins that. The guy always goes missing at major tournaments for the SE. Is it now that he's on his last legs that he will shine? Odemwingie cannot be trusted, even by a he-goat, so he's out. Joel Obi is injury prone, so is out. Every one of the chosen players has the ability to stamp his name on the tournament. Great selection all round by the Big Boss. Up Eagles. Go for GOLD.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NFF Releases Super Eagles Squad List For Friendly Match Against Cameroon / Who Is Your Favourite To Win Ballon D'or 2019? / World Cup 2018: Donald Trump Congratulates France, Russia (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.