Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,140 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:05 AM

Blind Students Performed Better Than Other Students In The 2012 WAEC Exam - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Blind Students Performed Better Than Other Students In The 2012 WAEC Exam (615 Views)

How Can I Report WAEC Exam Malpractice Happening In My School? / How To Perfectly Choose Subjects For SSCE / WAEC Exam / 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Blind Students Performed Better Than Other Students In The 2012 WAEC Exam by eric1960: 6:52am On Dec 22, 2012
The West African Examinations Council, yesterday in Yaba, Lagos, said that about 62.03 percent of students who wrote the November/December 2012 West Africa Seniour School Certificate Examination failed the test as only 37.97 percent or 150,615 obtained five credits including English Language and Mathematics.

Blind students performed better than those without sight problems as 46.93 percent of 49 students that registered for the examination obtained five credits including English Language. Blind candidates do

more after the jump
not sit for Mathematics and Science practicals in WASSCE examinations.

According to the Head, National Office of the Council, Mr Charles Eguridu, out of 396,614 candidates who sat for the examination, about 47,289 candidates’ result, representing 11.04 percent were being withheld in connection with various cases of examination malpractices.

The West African Examinations Council, yesterday in Yaba, Lagos, said that about 62.03 percent of students who wrote the November/December 2012 West Africa Seniour School Certificate Examination failed the test as only 37.97 percent or 150,615 obtained five credits including English Language and Mathematics.

Blind students performed better than those without sight problems as 46.93 percent of 49 students that registered for the examination obtained five credits including English Language. Blind candidates do not sit for Mathematics and Science practicals in WASSCE examinations.

According to the Head, National Office of the Council, Mr Charles Eguridu, out of 396,614 candidates who sat for the examination, about 47,289 candidates’ result, representing 11.04 percent were being withheld in connection with various cases of examination malpractices.

http://.com/2012/12/blind-students-performed-better-than.html

I love reading stories like this. It shows with God and determination, you can achieve anything ..... no matter your short coming(s). smiley

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/12/waec-records-62-03-failure-as-blind-students-top-performance-list/

Re: Blind Students Performed Better Than Other Students In The 2012 WAEC Exam by Akshow: 8:24am On Dec 22, 2012
why I'm i not surprise when the ones that are not blind are either on 2go, Facebook, Whatsapp, e buddy or one social network or the other why dem no go fail? I guess there is a good side to all misfortune. They are blind but can study better cos They are not distracted by modern technologies

(1) (Reply)

OAU Graduates And Undergraduates / Nasarawa State Uni / UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA 2013/2014 CANDIDATE,LET MEET HERE.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.