Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,070 members, 7,953,270 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:18 PM

Strange! Revert Stories - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Strange! Revert Stories (2893 Views)

Mashaallah... People Revert To Islam After Watching #mecca_live On Snapchat / 500 Revert To Islam Because Of The Simplicity Of The Saudi King's Funeral. / Woman Police Officer In UK Revert To Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strange! Revert Stories by tbaba1234: 3:01pm On Dec 22, 2012
These are some strange true-life revert stories, each with a lesson...

i. First guy to comment on an Islamic youtube video, debates with muslims on youtube for pages and pages. Similar to some Nairaland guys. All of a sudden, there was a break... The next time, he was heard from, he had taken his shahada. Why? He said that he read the last sermon of the prophet on mount Arafat. He knew the prophet could not have been a liar. Took his shahada, became muslim.

Don't give up hope on people. The strangest people can become muslim.

ii. Atheist, fond of going to religious (muslim) events to debate with the speakers e.t.c. Once he went to an event where a sheik (can't remember the name now) was speaking, as usual he gets up to address the speaker. The speaker gives him a gem from the Quran that stumped him. He wanted to prove it wrong so he kept researching and researching to prove it wrong. He couldn't. According to him, he literally submitted in the real sense of the word.

Even the most obnoxious people could also see the truth.

iii. Gang member, gets into a fight with his mother... runs to the library because he felt that was the only place the police will not look for him. Picks up any book to read from the shelf, He happened to pick a translated copy of the Quran. In the library, He read the whole of the Quran and according to him : I was not reading it, it was reading me. He took his shahada and became muslim.

Allah guides whom he wills, even the worst of the worst can be guided.

iv. Wall street woman from Japan, walks to a muslim store where a muslim man was playing the recitation of the Quran . She was enchanted by it and asked : what kind of music it was?. Man tells her it was the Quranic recitation. She asked where she can get them. Man directs her to the store, she goes there, picks a copy of the translated Quran. Reads it, takes shahada. She quit wall-street and became the principal of an Islamic school started by Nouman Ali khan.

Allah is the best of planners, Nothing happens accidentally.

v. Another man from wall street, reads up on the Islamic economic system and take shahada. Didn't listen to a long lecture or read the Quran. He said that the Islamic system is too ethical not to be from God. That was all.

Allah has given us the best way to live our lives ethically... Some of us do not even acknowledge the favour.

vi. Christian youth minister, studies the bible in hebrew. Too many questions unanswered by christianity. He lost his faith in christianity , once he went to the mosque, took a copy of the Quran. All the dots were connected for him, all the things he read in the bible finally added up. He took his shahada. He is currently one of the famous proponents of Islam in the US.

Sometimes, all you need is a proper intellectual study to become muslim.

More stories to come, InshaAllah

3 Likes

Re: Strange! Revert Stories by tbaba1234: 5:19pm On Dec 22, 2012
Vii. Atheist with a Youtube channel bashing religion, becomes shia then after further studies becomes sunni. Now he owns a youtube channel where he speaks against atheism, he has gone for further studies in Islam. One of my favorites. Full 360 degrees shift.

Allah has full control of the hearts, Islam will change you

Viii. Evangelical christian meets a random muslim on the bus and a discussion on religion comes up. The muslim presents a coherent view of Islam to her and it really shook her and got her thinking. Now she is muslim, making youtube videos in which she disproves the myths of christianity using biblical sources and show why Islam is just the logical choice. Very passionate sister.

Muslims should learn to present Islam in a coherent way to non-muslims, you do not know whose life , you will change.

ix. She teaches in a christian sunday school, She converted to Islam but can not come out in the open because of the threats she faces to her life and wellbeing if she does. Her Imam (suhaib webb) gave her a fatwa that she can pray in the bathroom to protect herself. This is allowed by the maliki school in extreme conditions.

We sometimes take for granted the gift of Islam, people are struggling to remain muslim and are making real sacrifices
Re: Strange! Revert Stories by Saluman(m): 3:46am On Dec 23, 2012
links please. smiley
Re: Strange! Revert Stories by tbaba1234: 11:26am On Dec 23, 2012
Not everything here has links, I will put up a few links when I get on a computer. Insha Allah
Re: Strange! Revert Stories by tbaba1234: 3:13pm On Dec 23, 2012
Link for Vii

Former Atheist now muslim: Here is his youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/DawahFilms

Link for Vi.

Christian youth minister turned muslim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYMKQKSV0bY

Link for viii

Evangelist sister turned muslim : You tube page

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrsHamdulila

III and iv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KuPJSLn5cQ

The rest are not linkable. Personal references.
Re: Strange! Revert Stories by Takara: 10:26pm On Dec 24, 2012
Wonderful stories. ma sha Allah
Re: Strange! Revert Stories by Saluman(m): 1:20am On Dec 27, 2012
Dawahfilms?

This embarrassment of a muslim?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agsAXuCLGzM

How do you know that he was an atheist before?
Re: Strange! Revert Stories by siddiq202(m): 7:59pm On Dec 27, 2012
^^when will you reveal your identity?

Btw you don't have to fool around
Re: Strange! Revert Stories by Saluman(m): 9:02pm On Dec 27, 2012
siddiq202: ^^when will you reveal your identity?

Btw you don't have to fool around

wink
Re: Strange! Revert Stories by tbaba1234: 11:27pm On Dec 27, 2012
Logicboy again!! you no dey tire.
Re: Strange! Revert Stories by Saluman(m): 12:30am On Dec 28, 2012
tbaba1234: Logicboy again!! you no dey tire.

cheesy

Have you heard of the saying;

You cant keep a good guy down?
Re: Strange! Revert Stories by maclatunji: 12:41am On Dec 28, 2012
^You mean obsessed.
Re: Strange! Revert Stories by Saluman(m): 4:42am On Dec 28, 2012
^
You mean dedicated?

On a mission?

Ambitious?

Goal driven?

cool cool cool
Re: Strange! Revert Stories by Mavrick2012: 6:04pm On Dec 28, 2012
Sir OP,i have some questions.u religious foundamentalist who are daily lookin 4 converts into ur religion (1)wat do u stand to gain?(2)if d whole world converts to ur religion,so what nxt?(3)dnt u tink dis same convertn drive is wat has bin fuelin conflicts since d inceptn of d human race?(4)cant we just apreciate others religion and learn to liv by dem?am just askin because i tink convertn/colonialism/imperialism etc doesnt/wilnt/wilnever improve d peace of humanity.tanks

(1) (Reply)

If I Become A Muslim, How Many Wives Will I Be Permitted To Marry According To Thequranic/hadith Inj / Easter Gift:"the Christian God:blood And Human Sacrifice" / Why Muslims Do Not Commemorate Husayn R.A Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.