Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? (20672 Views)

TEN QUESTIONS That Christians Can Never Answer / How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? / Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 10:35am On Dec 27, 2012
honeric01:
Bro, what do you actually want to achieve from this thread if you're not really ready to learn or teach?

Oga, you came late to the party. We don pass the stage of teaching and learning. My peeps are only here to 'mock'. you don't know them.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 10:35am On Dec 27, 2012
Zikkyy:

Good talk! and we have done just that. All pagan practices have been dropped. What we do now is ensure we don't practice anything that is against the commandment to Love God and neighbor. We are so in love with God we decided to celebrate the coming of Christ by dedicating a special day for some extra special 'spiritual sessions' and subsequent jollification grin it's not that we don't do it everyday, it just that you can't have a public holiday on a daily basis, so the merry-ment on that special day is truely...... 'special' grin and we so loooove our neighbors we decided to give gifts as well grin so what wrong with that? tell me angry

you already know what is wrong there by now my friend.

Chop chop guy.
Me i chop every day so i dont need to chop a special choping on a pegan day.
Peace
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 10:37am On Dec 27, 2012
ijawkid:

And here goes rich4God asking the same questions that have been answered.....rich4God we go fight gidigbo o....grin.................plapville and I think todaynatoday answered this question and even myself.......scroll back and read the comments.............the angels rejoiced that the means by which humans would gain eternal life had been sent to the earth ....they did not commemorate Christ birth........the angels did not do xmas.........did they??......you think the angels are pagans ??........

Good... We are rejoicing just like the angels did, that our saviour came to redeem us. But then, we tagged it Christmass.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 10:38am On Dec 27, 2012
honeric01:
If you check most of his comments, rarely is there a biblical reference in any of his points, take note.

grin You are telling truthislight to take note. my brother you don't know anything.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 10:38am On Dec 27, 2012
[quote author=truthislight]

birthday celebration glorify/worship the spirit/demon of the day of ones birth.

It is self worship on the notion that the individual "is a god" as satan hes told eve in eden.

That the day is the day that "you" the god ways born.

Chrismas is just the same thing and they used it in the church today.

That you dont know does not mean that ignorance is an excuse.

It does not mean that Yahweh does not know it origin.

and that is why it is safe to walk on the thin rope of what the bible says as to avoid mistakes like this.

You cannot be eating in the temple of God and the temple of idol the bible says.

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 10:39am On Dec 27, 2012
Rich4god:
Good... We are rejoicing just like the angels did, that our saviour came to redeem us. But then, we tagged it Christmass.

Lol.........smh again and again.............who tagged it as xmas?? Who are the WE??........mention the name of the WE.........
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 10:40am On Dec 27, 2012
truthislight:

if you use it in the worship of Yahweh or the praise of his son Jesus christ then you have miss fired.

We are here doing all this talking because it is use for christian worship. QED

What is used for Christian worship?
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 10:43am On Dec 27, 2012
Rich4god:
Its obvious that from their response, they never want to learn. WAny time you site an example that butress their point, they ask you to open another thread on that topic. Am not a religion freak... But i hate it when people try to be selective in things that matters about faith.

Good that you are not a religious freaky but you love the freakish Chrismas.

You ant really interested if Yahweh approves of it on he does not. I see.

Well, some of us do care if Yahweh love something or he does not.

Some of us do love Yahweh and as such we care about his feelings and commandment.
Please your self then.

But leave christ out of it please.

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 10:45am On Dec 27, 2012
ijawkid:
we commemorate the last supper(sacrificial death) of Christ on the date he instituted it.......

You have given me something new to talk about. Please tell me how you determine the date for the commemoration of Christ death. Am interested angry i no the date did not appear from thin air. By the way what date is this special day? tell us. I hope you will not abandon this question.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 10:46am On Dec 27, 2012
Todaynatoday: Yes, I don't attach much importance to Christmas or birthday celebrations. I just want us to end this thread amicably or else this thread would just be like the angel Michael=Jesus thread, never-ending.

dont worry my friend, as long as the truth is being brought out, honest, persons will see it and learn even if those we are talking "have hearts of stones"

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 10:46am On Dec 27, 2012
ijawkid:

Don't feel too happy.....todaynatoday knows xmas is a fraud and he isn't a celebrant.......

I know his views. He already shared that somewhere on this thread.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 10:47am On Dec 27, 2012
truthislight: birthday celebration glorify/worship the spirit/demon of the day of ones birth.

It is self worship on the notion that the individual "is a god" as satan hes told eve in eden.

It does not mean that Yahweh does not know it origin.

and that is why it is safe to walk on the thin rope of what the bible says as to avoid mistakes like this.

You cannot be eating in the temple of God and the temple of idol the bible says.
I still dont you how you came to the conclusion that celebrating birthday is worship to spirit/idol. A day that i thank God for bringin me into this world and keeping me safe/alive till date. How is that an idol worship. You just quoted satan above, which means you believe in what satan says after the bible made us to understand that satan is a liar. You see yourself.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 10:48am On Dec 27, 2012
Zikkyy:

Depend on how you celebrate it. You no say oyinbo dey spice up their activities, that's why you dey see santa dey run up and down for christmas time, and africans wey like to imitate oyinbo go also dress up like santa too (the reason you have black santa). But my worship and chop-chop no be lie. If to say you visit me that day and sample that special chop-chop you go know say that food no fit be lie grin

christ has nothing to do with birthdays.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 10:49am On Dec 27, 2012
ijawkid:

Lol.........smh again and again.............who tagged it as xmas?? Who are the WE??........mention the name of the WE.........
Are you now after the celebration or you are after the name. You see how you guys behave, always dodging away from fact. Ok call it whatever you want it does matter, all that matters is that are we rejoicing that our saviour came to redeem us.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 10:51am On Dec 27, 2012
Rich4god:

you lie!

Chrismas is celebrating the birthday of christ.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 10:52am On Dec 27, 2012
Zikkyy:

You have given me something new to talk about. Please tell me how you determine the date for the commemoration of Christ death. Am interested angry i no the date did not appear from thin air. By the way what date is this special day? tell us. I hope you will not abandon this question.

You wan know??....you no know??.....if you wish to talk about the day Christ instituted the last supper,wait until when the easter feast comes......a thread definitly would be created to fix that......be patient my bro....another pagan festival would come up by march/april(EASTER) ...when it comes we would battle it out....for now xmas is what is under consideration............grin.........

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 10:54am On Dec 27, 2012
truthislight:

Good that you are not a religious freaky but you love the freakish Chrismas.

You ant really interested if Yahweh approves of it on he does not. I see.

Well, some of us do care if Yahweh love something or he does not.

Some of us do love Yahweh and as such we care about his feelings and commandment.
Please your self then.

But leave christ out of it please.
What i mean by not being a religious freak is that i dont make arguement on religious issue and i respect everybody believe no matter your faith. But coming out to condemn one particular issue with a baseless fact is illogical and false. As long as i know, that xmas/birthday is not written in the bible does not make it a pagan worship.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 10:54am On Dec 27, 2012
Rich4god:
Are you now after the celebration or you are after the name. You see how you guys behave, always dodging away from fact. Ok call it whatever you want it does matter, all that matters is that are we rejoicing that our saviour came to redeem us.

I'm after everything about xmas.......who are the WE that chose to commemorate christ birthday(though unknown) and then choose dec 25th??....who??......

And once again the angels did not celebrate the birthday of Christ............why are you trying to drag the holy angels into paganism........why??...........
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 10:55am On Dec 27, 2012
Zikkyy:

What is used for Christian worship?

1. Chrismas service on sundays.

2. Carol night in the church.

3. Christian involement in Chrismas.

4. Bringing Jesus into the picture of a pegan thing.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by honeric01(m): 10:56am On Dec 27, 2012
Zikkyy:

Oga, you came late to the party. We don pass the stage of teaching and learning. My peeps are only here to 'mock'. you don't know them.

Your peeps?

Make una ride on for this una vicious circle.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 10:56am On Dec 27, 2012
ijawkid:

Lol.....we commemorate the last supper(sacrificial death) of Christ on the date he instituted it.......again Jesus gave the command....how you want to relate this to your pagan xmas that is a fraud and a lie would make me never reply you again on this topic.....................the only spirit that is in charge of the commemoration of Christ death is the holy spirit.......as for your christmas you know it is the spirit of the world that's in charge.......
@the bolded... Plz help me with the date. And equally help me with proof that the Holy spirit is not in charge of christmas.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by honeric01(m): 10:57am On Dec 27, 2012
Zikkyy:

grin You are telling truthislight to take note. my brother you don't know anything.

I rather not know "ANYTHING" than waste precious time beating about the bush, this thread has lost its essence.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 10:59am On Dec 27, 2012
truthislight:

you lie!

Chrismas is celebrating the birthday of christ.
Now take a look at what you just wrote. Does that make sense to you. What were the angel rejoicing over? Is it not the birth of Christ.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 10:59am On Dec 27, 2012
Zikkyy:

Nissan 14 in the Jewish calendar = passover night.

The Jewish day starts in the evening after sun down
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 11:01am On Dec 27, 2012
ijawkid:

You wan know??....you no know??.....if you wish to talk about the day Christ instituted the last supper,wait until when the easter feast comes......a thread definitly would be created to fix that......be patient my bro....another pagan festival would come up by march/april(EASTER) ...when it comes we would battle it out....for now xmas is what is under consideration............grin.........
Just contradicting yourself again. You said you are onle celebrating the death of Christ, and now you are tagging it a pagan celebration. So where do you belong.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 11:06am On Dec 27, 2012
ijawkid:

I'm after everything about xmas.......who are the WE that chose to commemorate christ birthday(though unknown) and then choose dec 25th??....who??......

And once again the angels did not celebrate the birthday of Christ............why are you trying to drag the holy angels into paganism........why??...........
We as Christians... if you like remove yourself from the we. Plz spare me that, what were the angels rejoincing over when christ was born.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 11:06am On Dec 27, 2012
Rich4god:
I still dont you how you came to the conclusion that celebrating birthday is worship to spirit/idol. A day that i thank God for bringin me into this world and keeping me safe/alive till date. How is that an idol worship. You just quoted satan above, which means you believe in what satan says after the bible made us to understand that satan is a liar. You see yourself.

yes satan was lying but his followers believes that what he said is true.
So, copying pegan that worship satan and his Demons means you accept what they belief and what they stand for.

If you dont shear that belief with them, then you should break completely free from them and "touch nothing unclean" from them in worship as not to be made unclean by them the bible says.

You should thank God for bringing Jesus into the world every day and not on a pegan day/date.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 11:06am On Dec 27, 2012
truthislight:

birthday celebration glorify/worship the spirit/demon of the day of ones birth.

All you doing is telling how pagans celebrate it. Tell us how Christians celebrate it. That is more important.

truthislight:

I thought apostle paul was saying something that there is no wahala when a matured christian chop food sacrificed to idols, the only clause was that we should not do anything that will make a weak brother (like ijawkid) or sister (like plappville) to fall. Go and read 1 Corinthians 8, paul say you fit siddon gidigba for pagan temple chop the food self (see verse 10). But i don't expect you to understand because you never reach that level of maturity.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 11:11am On Dec 27, 2012
truthislight:
Chop chop guy.
Me i chop every day so i dont need to chop a special choping on a pegan day.
Peace

Lol! grin
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 11:12am On Dec 27, 2012
Rich4god:
@the bolded... Plz help me with the date. And equally help me with proof that the Holy spirit is not in charge of christmas.

It would have been nice if asked this question when easter comes up........the thread is about xmas....let's finish with it..

You really wanna know that the holy spirit is not in charge of xmas??....

I hope you heard what happened in LAGOs where your fellow celebrants threw explosives(a.k.a BANGER or KNOCK out) which resulted in a fire disaster.....tell me what kind of spirit is behind such rubbish.....??.......kids whom you guys should have told that xmas is a fraud are in the name of Jesus throwing knock outs.......if you want we could go into the amount of xmas celebrants who engaged in sexual immorality both on xmas eve and the xmas day.......my bro if you can't see that the spirit of the world is in control of xmas then I can't help you...besides this I'll soon end this discussion with you........

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 11:15am On Dec 27, 2012
Rich4god:
We as Christians... if you like remove yourself from the we. Plz spare me that, what were the angels rejoincing over when christ was born.

Which christians??.you mean the pope.........did you exclude the apostles??..............the angels were happy for our sakes........because we are the ones to benefit from Christ ransom sacrifice.........the angels knew Jesus before his descending to the earth,so what have they to do literally with Jesus' birth.....they were only rejoicing because Gods plan for humans had started materializing...........again I'll tell you the angels never commemorated Christ birth........
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 11:17am On Dec 27, 2012
Rich4god:

shocked @ bolded. I did not see that. truthislight na true say you don quote sotay, you begin quote satan? grin i no fit shout abeg grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (29) (Reply)

How To Understand Mathew 10:34 / Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} / Photos From Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor's Birthday Ceremony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.