Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,760 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:16 AM

P-square Vs. D'banj - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / P-square Vs. D'banj (16491 Views)

P-square Vs Michael Jacking Pic / 2face Appreciate It Vs D'banj's Falling In Love / P-square vs Styl-Plus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by safarigirl(f): 9:43pm On Dec 24, 2012
odizzy: see d reason y i call u small goat wit frog brain, hw dia u talk abt 2face's album lyk dat, com, no cari dbanj n p2 argument near 2baba o, mek matured ppl lyk me no break ur head o
Instead of presenting sensible arguments you're here throwing insults like a mad rabies-infected dog and somewhere in that cobweb infested head of yours, you think you're mature? Mtcheeww, please I have no time for illiterate, ignorant, s3x-starved entities posing as people. Koko monsters need to stop STALKING me, sheesh!

Merry Christmas y'all.
Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by FashTheGem: 3:21pm On Dec 25, 2012
safarigirl: Stats so far

Net worth:
P-square- over 700 million Naira(Nigeria's richest artistes as of now)
D'banj- 3 million dollars (about 480 million Naira)

Facebook
P-square- 172,464
D'banj- 589,901.

Twitter
P-square- 269,648
D'banj-492,---

Youtube (main songs in 2011/2012)
Chop my Money- 12,069,467
Oliver Twist- 13,205,911

Alingo- 1,116,229
Bachelor- 6,357

Total Youtube hits
P-square- over 25,000,000(highest in Africa)
D'banj- ---.

Arguments like it's IDJA/Akon/Kanye are not allowed.

Please note, the topic is who rules AFRICA.

That being said, here are some pics from P-suare's concerts in Rwanda, Zim and Ghana

Videos are allowed too, only for performances in Africa, no digressions please
you said no digressions right? But you are proving to be the judge and d lawyer in dis case at d same time. U created a topic on dis thread, on two artistes(dbanj and psquare) and you want people to comment fairly bt instead u posted only psquare concert pix alone,y didnt u also put dbanj concerts if any? Or do u wanna say dbanj has no concerts?
Be it as it may, dbanj and psquare are gud and consistent artistes that i cherish and d atmosphere is wide enuf to accomodate thousand birds. Y comparing dbanj and psquare?
Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by Aygem(m): 3:57pm On Dec 25, 2012
in as much as i love psquare constitency, dbanj has be strangely consistent,he had not released an album since 2008 when he released entertainer , despite this, he remained relevant, carting away numerous awards with many endorsements ranging from campaigning and the subsequent release of a track for the nations president in the build up to the 2011 elections. this can be termed a strange and bizarre constitency, an artiste without an album for more than four years still doing it big in the industry. psquare gat better lyrics and sings better with good dance steps coupled with a good female fan base while dbanj is more of a swag man and can be a marketable ambassador of products with his charisma and this, not really his songs distinguish him from the rest. in awards won, dbanj has an edge but in musical composition, psquare are better.
with the above analysis, psquare and dbanj should not be made to look as rivals but people we can be proud of as ours. #psquaredbanj fan

1 Like

Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by FashTheGem: 4:01pm On Dec 25, 2012
Aygem: in as much as i love psquare constitency, dbanj has be strangely consistent,he had not released an album since 2008 when he released entertainer , despite this, he remained relevant, carting away numerous awards with many endorsements ranging from campaigning and the subsequent release of a track for the nations president in the build up to the 2011 elections. this can be termed strange and bizarre constitency, an artiste without an album for more than four years still doing it big in the industry. psquare gat better lyrics and sings better with good dance steps coupled with a good female fan base while dbanj is more of a swag man and can be a marketable ambassador of products with his charisma and this, not really his songs distinguish him from the rest. in awards won, dbanj has an edge but in musical composition, psquare are better.
with the above analysis, psquare and dbanj should not be made to look as rivals but people we can be proud of as ours. #psquaredbanj fan
my broda has said it all but i u said psquare has good female fan base but d kokomaster equally have a good fan base.
But i love your neutral judgement over this issue.
Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by safarigirl(f): 6:19pm On Dec 25, 2012
Fash The Gem: you said no digressions right? But you are proving to be the judge and d lawyer in dis case at d same time. U created a topic on dis thread, on two artistes(dbanj and psquare) and you want people to comment fairly bt instead u posted only psquare concert pix alone,y didnt u also put dbanj concerts if any? Or do u wanna say dbanj has no concerts?
Be it as it may, dbanj and psquare are gud and consistent artistes that i cherish and d atmosphere is wide enuf to accomodate thousand birds. Y comparing dbanj and psquare?
I'm not a fan of the Koko master. Mostly cos his fans are like Chelsea fans...I'm for P-square, never been neautral, I even tried by compiling D'banj's stats (despite how difficult they are to obtain as opposed to that of P-square), the Koko monsters are yet to bring a D'banj concert pic
Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by airmark(m): 12:03am On Dec 26, 2012
safarigirl: I'm not a fan of the Koko master. Mostly cos his fans are like Chelsea fans...I'm for P-square, never been neautral, I even tried by compiling D'banj's stats (despite how difficult they are to obtain as opposed to that of P-square), the Koko monsters are yet to bring a D'banj concert pic

What else do you want from dbanj fans that you dont know? No matter how hard you try to shift the goal post to score cheap points, your shots keep hitting the cross bar. How do you justify an african cup of nations victory is better than that of a world cup? Let psquare continues to be king in africa while Dbanj rules in the global realm.
Happy xmas to you.

2 Likes

Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by odizzy: 9:16am On Dec 26, 2012
airmark:

What else do you want from dbanj fans that you dont know? No matter how hard you try to shift the goal post to score cheap points, your shots keep hitting the cross bar. How do you justify an african cup of nations victory is better than that of a world cup? Let psquare continues to be king in africa while Dbanj rules in the global realm.
Happy xmas to you.
well said bro, well said. "listening to top of d world" hmmm fils gud 2 be a fan of dbanj, so so proud of him. Bad belle(safarigirl) go hang ur sef. And pls stp comparing dbanj wt dos copy cats

2 Likes

Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by FashTheGem: 2:22pm On Dec 26, 2012
odizzy: well said bro, well said. "listening to top of d world" hmmm fils gud 2 be a fan of dbanj, so so proud of him. Bad belle(safarigirl) go hang ur sef. And pls stp comparing dbanj wt dos copy cats
dbanj all d way joor!

1 Like

Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by FashTheGem: 2:27pm On Dec 26, 2012
airmark:

Happy xmas to you.

dats it,singing d caf nations cup theme song and campaigning for the president of the most populous black nation is a testimony to that! Wat evidence can be greater than that?

1 Like

Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by FashTheGem: 2:37pm On Dec 26, 2012
safarigirl: p-square's awards are limited cos they are a duo, groups aren't nominated in many cats...and even when they are, well...you can tell me how many groups win awards to begin with...

Is that your only arguement? Gimme something else. Shakespeare didn't need awards to be the most recognised writer of all time.
ur arguements are grossly invalid. If awards cant be used as templates for stardom? Wat do u wanna use then? You talked abt shakespeare ryt? Dat was dose days awards werent given. Wat did u tink made wole soyinka different from chinua achebe,is it not d nobel laurate award? And achebe's "things fall apart" is arguably africa's most popular novel. But soyinka gat more achievements cos of d award of nobel laurate,higher than any chinua achebe won.
In essence,the number and importance of awards won matters in rating'

1 Like

Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by akikanju(m): 3:00pm On Dec 26, 2012
Considering achievements,dbanj is better than psquare bt lyrically psquare gat it beta.
No doubt dbanj is the better marketable product.
Even goodluck jonathan hired him for presidential campaign, he sang super sport theme song for african nation cup.
Dbanj gat luck too.

2 Likes

Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by akikanju(m): 3:07pm On Dec 26, 2012
airmark:

Let's go global, cos thats the in-thing. Dbanj got 4 nominations at WORLD MUSIC AWARD 2012 though it has been postponed. How many has Psquare got at the WORLD MUSIC AWARD, since they have been singing? That question is a pointer as to who is bigger at the moment.
Just compare and contrast the awards collected by the two of them.

PSQUARE GLOBALLY RESPECTED AWARDS

2007 Channel O Music Video Awards - Best Duo or Group
2008 Channel O Music Video Awards
Best Duo or Group
Video of the Year ("Do Me"wink
MTV Africa Music Awards 2008 - Best Group
MTV Africa Music Awards 2009 - Best Group
2010 KORA Awards - Artiste of the Year
2012 Channel O Music Video Awards - Best Duo, Group or Featuring Music Video ("Chop My Money" with Akon and May D)

DBANJ GLOBALLY RECOGNISED AWARDS

Most Promising Male Artist - KORA All African Awards 2005
Best African Act MTV Europe Music Awards 2007
Best Special Effects - 2007 Channel O Music Video Awards(“Why Me”)
Artist of the Year - MTV Africa Music Awards 2008
Best Male MTV Africa Music Awards 2008
Listeners Choice - MTV Africa Music Awards 2008
Artist of the Year - MTV Africa Music Awards 2009
Best International Act - Africa BET Awards 2011
Best African Act – MOBO Awards 2012
Channel O Most Gifted Male Video of the Year Award 2012
Best African Act MTV Europe Music Awards 2012

It will interest you that any category Psquare and Dbanj are nominated, Dbanj always win the category. Take for example at the M.O.B.O awards 2012, Dbanj dusted them to win the BEST AFRICAN ACT. That was not the first time, he did same to them by winning ARTIST OF THE YEAR at MTV Africa Music Awards 2008.

Psquare has never won BET and MOBO awards in their singing carreer.
This is enough for non-sentimental heads to judge. cheers
that proves it, right now dbanj is leading in this thread!

1 Like

Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by 0key: 11:05pm On Dec 26, 2012
IMO, psquare are better in almost every aspect.
Stage perfomance: psquare win.
Number of Youtube views: psquare win.
Number of hit songs: psquare win.
Lyrics and composition: psquare.
Awards: Dbanj.
Concerts: psquare.
Wealth: psquare.
Charisma:
dbanj

p square are still waxing strong while dbanj appears to b slowing down.
Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by akikanju(m): 12:28am On Dec 27, 2012
0key: IMO, psquare are better in almost every aspect.
Stage perfomance: psquare win.
Number of Youtube views: psquare win.
Number of hit songs: psquare win.
Lyrics and composition: psquare.
Awards: Dbanj.
Concerts: psquare.
Wealth: psquare.
Charisma:
dbanj

p square are still waxing strong while dbanj appears to b slowing down.
awards are d major templates.

1 Like

Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by 0key: 1:14am On Dec 27, 2012
@akikanju, i dont think awards are d only template. Other parameters I mentioned are equally important. Winning awards does not mean the recipient performs better than other artists.

1 Like

Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by safarigirl(f): 7:02am On Dec 27, 2012
0key: @akikanju, i dont think awards are d only template. Other parameters I mentioned are equally important. Winning awards does not mean the recipient performs better than other artists.
Ask them how many awards Gangnam style won as opposed to Taylor Swift's songs, despite it being a World anthem and dance
Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by Dhelake: 8:22am On Dec 28, 2012
Its like someone here is high on drugs .... If d'banj worths ova a billion naira before joining GOOD music .... Hw then is his worth nw 480million naira ....

1 Like

Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by safarigirl(f): 11:09am On Dec 28, 2012
Dhelake: Its like someone here is high on drugs .... If d'banj worths ova a billion naira before joining GOOD music .... Hw then is his worth nw 480million naira ....
check again...with your glasses. Or bring facts, how was the Koko concert yesterday?
Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by Rapmaestro(m): 11:26am On Dec 28, 2012
safarigirl: check again...with your glasses. Or bring facts, how was the Koko concert yesterday?
koko concert yestaday was bullshit,poorly organised(i wasn't dere bt my pals dat went told me abt it..).. THANK GOD I DIDN'T BUY D TICKET..RUBBISH..

1 Like

Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by truelovecom: 11:52am On Jan 01, 2013
Abagworo: D'banj only has one album which is "The Entertainer". That "Tongolo" was crap. P-square has only 2 albums "Get Squared" and "Game Over". Tuface has 4 albums "Face2face", "Grass to Grace", "Unstoppable(international)" and "Away and Beyond". The original "Unstoppable" was crap. Anyone can judge.

Psquare has more than 4 albums;…… 1.) in 2003 they released an album, i have forgotten the name. the album contains songs like "last nite" , "fiesta" etc.……2). in 2004 they dropped an album "Get squared" , which contains bizy body, temptation, e don happen, oga police, omoge mi etc………3.) in 2006 they dropped another "Tempted 2watch", which includes "temptation remix ft Alaye" and "bizy body remix ft wired mc"………4.) in 2007 they dropped an album Game over, which includes Do me, no one like you, roll it, ifunanya, game over, special man, more than a friend etc……………5.) in 2009 they dropped an album "Danger", which includes danger, e no easy ft Jmartins, possibility ft 2face, Troway, who dey here, gimme dat etc……………6.) in 2011 they dropped an album "invasion" , which includes forever, asamkpokoto, beautiful onyinye , chop my money, anything, much of a player, do as i do, she's hot etc………..7.) in 2012 they dropped two remix , which are chop my money ft Akon and beautiful onyinye ft rick ross…………8.) Also in 2012 they dropped their new club banging single "ALINGO"

1 Like

Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by airmark(m): 11:59am On Jan 01, 2013
0key: @akikanju, i dont think awards are d only template. Other parameters I mentioned are equally important. Winning awards does not mean the recipient performs better than other artists.

I hope this joke of a comment has gone with year 2012.
Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by truelovecom: 12:04pm On Jan 01, 2013
emma bowin: D'banj is currently d biggest artist in Africa. Now remember d'banj doesn't make money from music alone,he's also a businessman,(koko water,foam,garri,db records,tv reality,club e.t.c)anoda dangote in d makin.if there's anyone that is worth as much as d koko master himself,it has to be 2face not psquare.

And for your mind, you think psquare's money is only from music.…You cant compare a yoruba businessman to an ibo man, the difference is always clear. Ibos are naturally born businessmen, every young ibo man/woman thinks of how to make more money and gain more profit.…Psquare has so many business chains , which you dont know.……Besides, yorubas are always know for throwing parties here and there ,anytime they get little money. They dont know how to invest.

1 Like

Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by truelovecom: 12:09pm On Jan 01, 2013
odizzy: sharap jor, small tiny brat wetn u sabi, hate him or luv him(dbanj) his movin up nd u cnt stp hm

Bring out your points and stop acting like a kid
Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by truelovecom: 12:11pm On Jan 01, 2013
odizzy: see d reason y i call u small goat wit frog brain, hw dia u talk abt 2face's album lyk dat, com, no cari dbanj n p2 argument near 2baba o, mek matured ppl lyk me no break ur head o

your still displaying childish character, please bring out your point .
Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by safarigirl(f): 2:51pm On Jan 01, 2013
Well with the charade and fiasco that was the Koko concert we can safely add.

PERFORMANCE- P-Square
Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by akikanju(m): 2:56pm On Jan 01, 2013
safarigirl: Well with the charade and fiasco that was the Koko concert we can safely add.

PERFORMANCE- P-Square

has psquare been in d news lately whether 4 gud or bad reasons?
Y is it dat its dbanj thread that is more popular here?
D koko concert fiasco as u called is d talk of d town whether for d good and bad reasons.
Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by truelovecom: 3:03pm On Jan 01, 2013
akikanju:
D koko concert fiasco as u called is d talk of d town whether for d good and bad reasons.

Are you from planet mars?
Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by akikanju(m): 3:10pm On Jan 01, 2013
truelove.com:

Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by akikanju(m): 3:11pm On Jan 01, 2013
truelove.com:

dumbest question of d century.
Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by safarigirl(f): 3:17pm On Jan 01, 2013
akikanju: dumbest question of d century.
Is P-square not being in the news a justification for D'banj's woeful performance?

Why should they be on the news? You think everyone is like that noise maker that stalks newspaper offices and tv/radio stations to sound achievements he 'hopes' to make?

Dem no dey shout, when they come, they do so with a bang...Konvict music, Universal Studios...D'banj gat nothing on em

When they did their Invasion concert it received rave reviews, people will surely come for more, but with the Koko concert...

2 Likes

Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by truelovecom: 5:28pm On Jan 01, 2013
akikanju:

dbanj's thread is not more popular. its just that you yorubas dont like the truth, you love prologing arguement. you always love defending your yoruba artiste , even when you know they are not performing well.…

Dumbest question of the century?……I dont like throwing insults , and dont force me to, cos you wont like it.
Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by airmark(m): 5:33pm On Jan 01, 2013
truelove.com:

And for your mind, you think psquare's money is only from music.…You cant compare a yoruba businessman to an ibo man, the difference is always clear. Ibos are naturally born businessmen, every young ibo man/woman thinks of how to make more money and gain more profit.…Psquare has so many business chains , which you dont know.……Besides, yorubas are always know for throwing parties here and there ,anytime they get little money. They dont know how to invest.

That's why the richest man in Nigeria is an ibo man. undecided Just dont bring tribe into this cos you will just make mockery of yourself. Dangote, Otedola and Adenuga are ibos abi? 2013 is here please let's be sensible.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please I Need These Old Songs Urgently ! / Lyrics: Woju By Kiss Daniel / The Best Nigerian Love Song Ever!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.