Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Help! Yawatide, Dual Core, DHTML- Nairaland Webmasters! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help! Yawatide, Dual Core, DHTML- Nairaland Webmasters! (1323 Views)

DHTML, Or Perhaps Other Developers, I Need You. / :: Dhtml Framework Evolution / My Dhtml Board Games Project :: Featuring Ludo, Snakes And Ladder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Yawatide, Dual Core, DHTML- Nairaland Webmasters! by JSL(f): 6:38am On Dec 23, 2012
Ok right now I am in hot soup on an SEO job. I barely know much about It though I am reading a lot. I need someone to practically coach me on addwords, keywords, On page and offpage optimization. The whole works. I just discovered I have been goofing all along and I want to redeem it very fast before it is noticed. Plus another job I just got is asking me how to go about adwords campaign and I need to reply before the end of the day. What am I gonna do? I need this job badly to survive! Please help.
Re: Help! Yawatide, Dual Core, DHTML- Nairaland Webmasters! by Afam4eva(m): 7:56am On Dec 23, 2012
There are tons of SEO resources online that you can read.

Btw, are you doing the SEO for your own website or for someone else?
Re: Help! Yawatide, Dual Core, DHTML- Nairaland Webmasters! by JSL(f): 8:22am On Dec 23, 2012
Not mine. Actually On elance. Too many resources online. Right now I need answers like how do I go about an adword campaign and all I listed above.Thanks for replying though.
Re: Help! Yawatide, Dual Core, DHTML- Nairaland Webmasters! by Nobody: 10:33am On Dec 23, 2012
google adwords works on the basis of either PPC (pay per click) or Pay per impression.
what you need to do is go to adwords site -> http://adwords.google.com
create an account if you dont have one
and start placing your ads(popularly referred to as campaign)

the aim is to have your client's website show up on "Sponsored" search results which means you have to make payment via visa/mastercard
if what you intend to achieve is listing the site in search results for free.
then you shouldn't be using adwords. you want to use google site submit -> http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/submit-url

Adwords guarantees your ads show up in search results or websites with adsense integrated in minutes.
you also get to target locations (e.g you can restrict your ads to visitors from some countries)

When you use the site submit, it may take a while to have it show up in search results, infact it could take up to 4 days only to have it show up at position 500 when users search for what your website sells (popularly referred to as keyword).
for you to rank high when users search your keyword on google, you will need to optimize your website content and follow best practices without being dubious
but to get to top 10 position could take months if your keyword is competitive.

for instance, if your site sell fragrances, you may need to do more work to get to top 10 when users search the keyword: "fragrance to buy" on google than you will have to do if users search "Bible to buy". That's because we have more websites trying to sell fragrances than we have selling Bibles.

i hope this helps you kick start,
if you define which of the 2 you need, we may be able to help further.
good luck
Re: Help! Yawatide, Dual Core, DHTML- Nairaland Webmasters! by DualCore1: 10:54am On Dec 23, 2012
In addition to Webdezzi's post on Adwords: You can get back to the company and simply tell me they need to decide how long they want to run their ads and the daily budget they want to spend on ads. The daily amount you spend on ads will affect the effectiveness of your campaign. So if you spend terribly low amounts daily you get low traffic. This doesn't mean you should spend so much, it can backfire. Also have them choose whether to use per impression or per click.

For SEO, there are too many unordered materials online for SEO (and for practically every other subject), you have to be focused. Take up one good SEO book finish it. You can learn the ropes with one good book and continue to improve on your knowledge through hands-on experience.

1 Like

Re: Help! Yawatide, Dual Core, DHTML- Nairaland Webmasters! by JSL(f): 12:52pm On Dec 23, 2012
Webdezzi and Dual Core God bless you for your enlightenment. It helped me in replying the company. It is a paid campaign in addition to free submit sites. I have got lots of questions to ask and I hope you won't be too busy to help me out cos I know you got tight schedules.

When optimizing content, does it mean that on every article that is written, I have to rewrite it and infuse the keywords used on the site? Is that the way it becomes visible to search engines? I wasn't so good at using google analytics until yesterday when I spent time to and I found out that no traffic through search engines I have not done well at all because none of the keywords where used to optimize contents on the blog. What stuffs do I have to keep optimizing?? Even articles submitted to article submission sites like ezinearticles.com. Note this question is for the site I have been handling not the new.
Re: Help! Yawatide, Dual Core, DHTML- Nairaland Webmasters! by Afam4eva(m): 12:57pm On Dec 23, 2012
JSL: Webdezzi and Dual Core God bless you for your enlightenment. It helped me in replying the company. It is a paid campaign in addition to free submit sites. I have got lots of questions to ask and I hope you won't be too busy to help me out cos I know you got tight schedules.

When optimizing content, does it mean that on every article that is written, I have to rewrite it and infuse the keywords used on the site? Is that the way it becomes visible to search engines? I wasn't so good at using google analytics until yesterday when I spent time to and I found out that no traffic through search engines I have not done well at all because none of the keywords where used to optimize contents on the blog. What stuffs do I have to keep optimizing?? Even articles submitted to article submission sites like ezinearticles.com. Note this question is for the site I have been handling not the new.
It's advisable for you to optimize a different keyword for every page. make sure the keyword appears several times on that particular page and set the keyword density somewhere around 6 percent. Also try to make the URL for that page to reflect the main keyword for that page.
Re: Help! Yawatide, Dual Core, DHTML- Nairaland Webmasters! by yawatide(f): 11:41am On Dec 24, 2012
Also:
1) Look at your keyword tag (no more than 48 words), description tag (no more than 24 words) and title tag (no more than 12 words) per page
2) Make sure the content per page has at least 400 words, taking into account the keyword density mentioned earlier, which I assume is correct
3) Make sure your images have ALT and TITLE tags that aren't empty. Also ensure your images have readable names ("my-summer-vacation.jpg" is better than "abc.jpg"wink
4) Use dashes to separate words in your image and page names and not underscores
5) Don't go for cheap daily budgets (like 20 bucks a day). Depending on your keywords, that could only mean 4 impressions per day for example. I would say at least 100 bucks a day
Re: Help! Yawatide, Dual Core, DHTML- Nairaland Webmasters! by mj(m): 4:27pm On Dec 24, 2012
In addition, another important thing is adwords remarketing, it will really show your ads to people that have visited your site, itz a good way to keep your customers informed about new products. Your daily budget and CPC is really important, as a beginner I'll advice you to use automatic cpc bidding, and also do manual placements, it will really help, link your Google Analytics account to adwords and Google Webmaster tools. All the best.
Re: Help! Yawatide, Dual Core, DHTML- Nairaland Webmasters! by Frosti(m): 7:37pm On Dec 25, 2012
You should check out this guide from SeoMoz,
www.seomoz.org/blog/the-beginners-guide-to-seo-version-two

And also check out this impressive resource list from SearchEngineJournal

http://www.searchenginejournal.com/seo-101-resources-learn-with-guides-tutorials-and-more/35740/
Re: Help! Yawatide, Dual Core, DHTML- Nairaland Webmasters! by Nobody: 1:38am On Dec 27, 2012
@op, dual core don talk am finish. Merry christmas to everyone, i miss you guys very much.
*Runs away quickly*
Re: Help! Yawatide, Dual Core, DHTML- Nairaland Webmasters! by Nobody: 9:46am On Dec 29, 2012
@Dhtml..how far nw , I sent you a mail and am still waitin 4 reply.
Re: Help! Yawatide, Dual Core, DHTML- Nairaland Webmasters! by JSL(f): 9:53am On Dec 29, 2012
Yawatide, DHTML, Afam4ever, Frosti,MJ thank you plenty. Yawatide,Dual Core is there a way I could kinda reach you? I have a lot of stuffs I would like to learn from the source. Thanks all.
Re: Help! Yawatide, Dual Core, DHTML- Nairaland Webmasters! by yawatide(f): 12:12pm On Dec 29, 2012
YIM: yawatide

(1) (Reply)

Airtel Has Finished Us!!!!...no More Bb Subscription On Non Bb Devices / A Good Adsense Alternative / Top Open Source Ecommerce System Used In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.