Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,703 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

:: Dhtml Framework Evolution - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / :: Dhtml Framework Evolution (5978 Views)

DHTML, Or Perhaps Other Developers, I Need You. / Flex Builder Tutorial / Using Some Dhtml Techniques / My Dhtml Board Games Project :: Featuring Ludo, Snakes And Ladder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

:: Dhtml Framework Evolution by Nobody: 10:56am On Jun 13, 2009
I just wish to introduce a framework i have been silently working on  over the years. . .

The original plan is for it to work like a shareware, and the main purpose is to allow web developers
to be able to whipe up simple web applications such as chats, forums, newsfeeds . . .

A very good way to describe it is, if you combine jquery with php::pear, something lyke that. . .

And of course it will be an open-source project. And as at the time of this writing, the framework is
done and working, and all the essential components are already in place. But it is not ready to be
launched yet, i still need to finalize loads of stuffs so that it will not be a complete flop . . .

For now, i will tolerate questions and suggestions. I do not wish to reveal too much technical details at this point.
But i am pooling my knowlege of the facebook framework, jquery, pear, and google APIs and some other experiences.

It is just that i am struggling to round up some projects at the moment . . . and i just survived a major crisis (which
was able to stop me from serious coding for almost 2 months) which have slowed me down a great deal even in my
tutorial threads sef . .

And it will favour our 9ja developers too . . . just watch out, i will keep you posted !!
Re: :: Dhtml Framework Evolution by nitation(m): 7:48pm On Jun 13, 2009
hmmm

- nitation
Re: :: Dhtml Framework Evolution by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jun 13, 2009
Hey lookie who is here. . . . . .thanks for dropping by. . .
Re: :: Dhtml Framework Evolution by nitation(m): 7:51pm On Jun 13, 2009
I Never die now. After all you never bothered to know what's happening to your boy

- nitation
Re: :: Dhtml Framework Evolution by DualCore1: 7:53pm On Jun 13, 2009
nitation:

hmmm

- nitation
dude all we had was Fanta! where the highness enter from? the Fanta?  tongue

DHTML, nice one brurv, looking forward to seeing whatchu got.
Hey we dont like being kept in the dark, how could u have been working on this and u didnt tell no one, not even me!  undecided
granted, if u didnt tell Segalerty everyone will understand, that boi and his basket mouth hehehehe
i kid mehn. . .
nice work brurv, i've told u this b4 and it wont hurt telling u again, u dey try. smiley
Re: :: Dhtml Framework Evolution by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jun 13, 2009
I have been wonderin too, but i do not even have your chat id or anything, those that i asked did not give me (they know themselves). . .
Re: :: Dhtml Framework Evolution by nitation(m): 7:56pm On Jun 13, 2009
Thats weird! It shows it wasn't that important to you. Why didn't you PM on NL then?

Dual core -> I AM LOST OJARE

- nitation
Re: :: Dhtml Framework Evolution by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jun 13, 2009
I almost PMed you, but i was not too sure of how you might respond, and i did not even have the explanation of your abscense too. . . .

Anyway, welcome back, great to see you. . .on behalf of the house!
Re: :: Dhtml Framework Evolution by nitation(m): 8:11pm On Jun 13, 2009
No sweat! Counting down to the release of the framework. Put all effort and shock us all!

- nitation
Re: :: Dhtml Framework Evolution by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 13, 2009
nitation:

No sweat! Counting down to the release of the framework. Put all effort and shock us all!

- nitation

Now that is the nitation i know, i am going to need input from you guys too, np, i will do what i can. . .soonest
Re: :: Dhtml Framework Evolution by segsalerty(m): 9:32pm On Jun 13, 2009
Dual Core:

granted, if u didnt tell Segalerty everyone will understand, that boi and his basket mouth hehehehe
i kid mehn. . .

Uhmm , my greatest Friend ,  i'll seal my mouth for what you just said  lipsrsealed
I'm aware of this if you wanna know , you know as how me and DHML be ?
if he is going to Trigger up an open source Planet tomorrow , i no fit doubt am as long as its going to be coded ,  no CMS , no Joomla, no PHPbb , no smf , no copy and pasy scripts too tongue
see
@DHTML
Thumbs up my Bro ,  as i used to say i wanna be like you when i grow up ! as you can see me too don dey try small small undecided
Re: :: Dhtml Framework Evolution by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jun 13, 2009
Weeeeel, you guyz should just take it easy. . .i will see how to make this framework come out faster even if it is in bits and pieces
Re: :: Dhtml Framework Evolution by segsalerty(m): 10:23pm On Jun 13, 2009
we dey wait Bro grin
Re: :: Dhtml Framework Evolution by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jun 13, 2009
Thank you all for your support, i will do my best not to disappoint. . .
Re: :: Dhtml Framework Evolution by segsalerty(m): 11:38pm On Jun 13, 2009
i sure say you no fit disappoint as you've never did oooooooooooo!
just keep it up !
I'm always proud of you cheesy
Re: :: Dhtml Framework Evolution by quadrillio(m): 4:28pm On Jun 14, 2009
dhtml:

Thank you all for your support, i will do my best not to disappoint. . .
I know you won't disappoint, with God on your side.

am just dropping by to show my support. n in case am needed, u know where and how to get me.

WE ARE WAITING
Re: :: Dhtml Framework Evolution by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 14, 2009
That is right, if i need any kind of help, i will let you guys know. . . .

And i wish to say that nitation actually contributed several hours earlier today putting me through some highly important stuffs still
missing in the framework after evaluating a live demo of the framework. .
Re: :: Dhtml Framework Evolution by SamMilla1(m): 9:27pm On Jun 16, 2009
I wanted to say good job but i will have to wait until the framework shows up online.

Try to catch some sleep sometimes too,

Its part of God's Framework
Re: :: Dhtml Framework Evolution by Nobody: 1:02am On Jun 17, 2009
That is right sam milla, i was to release the startup module of the framework yesterday.
But what do you know, sleep took over, so i released the main platform. . .in my dreams.

I will try to put it together again tonight, praying i can. . .and yes you are right, i drive myself a bit hard atimes
Re: :: Dhtml Framework Evolution by segsalerty(m): 12:11pm On Jun 17, 2009
uhmmm , we still dey wait ooo
you don all miss me here ? na Visaphone kicked my ass off the network 2days Ago , when i get time , i go go resubscribe
Re: :: Dhtml Framework Evolution by sfiea: 11:37am On Jun 22, 2009
I too dey wait oooo,

I want to trust it won't be us re-inventing the wheelers
Re: :: Dhtml Framework Evolution by kolitos007: 4:44pm On Jun 22, 2009
Well done dhtml, I have seen a lot of your post and I can see your outstanding work, keep it up, just know some of us are watching those who have got it, when the time is right, we will be getting the people that have got it.

You are top of the list in my books mate, keep doing what you doing. smiley
Re: :: Dhtml Framework Evolution by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jun 22, 2009
I have some school exams to write, i have rounded up all other projects i am working on except one.
I should start the framework proper 6st of July. And thanks for the encouragement.

And there was still a ludo project i was working on (some people will remember that thread, i have not forgotten it).
I will use the framework to complete that ludo game too.
Re: :: Dhtml Framework Evolution by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jun 24, 2009
I intend to make the packages come in zip format. So that users can use a simple command in the framework to download packages
from my website or wherever i decide to keep the packages.
Re: :: Dhtml Framework Evolution by Nobody: 7:22am On Jun 25, 2009
There is something else i need to know too. Please readers, post the kind of offline server you make use of:
I need to know like the first 10 - and people that use them, to plan my next move:

Just post the offline development server you use like this:

- Wamp Server 2.0
- Xamp server
- IIS running PHP/MySQL
Re: :: Dhtml Framework Evolution by kolitos007: 9:43am On Jun 25, 2009
dhtml:

There is something else i need to know too. Please readers, post the kind of offline server you make use of:
I need to know like the first 10 - and people that use them, to plan my next move:

Just post the offline development server you use like this:

- Wamp Server 2.0
- Xamp server
- IIS running PHP/MySQL

I don't use any of the above, I run a linux server running on ubuntu 9.04, it runs as my local server and I can access it has an intranet in my house.
Re: :: Dhtml Framework Evolution by sfiea: 10:33am On Jun 25, 2009
- Apache2triad (php, MySQL, etc)
Re: :: Dhtml Framework Evolution by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 25, 2009
I want to package the various components as small zip files, that can easily be transferred to the development server and unzipped after transfer.
So now, there are lots of zip functions. I dont know of a common zip extension that all the servers support. . .any suggestions here?
Re: :: Dhtml Framework Evolution by kolitos007: 2:36pm On Jun 25, 2009
For linux it has to be tar.gz file, i think that is the common default compression file that comes with linux , and its supported on all linux server platforms, some linux servers don't support .zip, so you will have to download extension to use it.
Re: :: Dhtml Framework Evolution by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jun 25, 2009
sfi_ea:

I too dey wait oooo,

I want to trust it won't be us re-inventing the wheelers
Maybe it is makin the wheels easier to drive. . .

kolitos007:

For linux it has to be tar.gz file, i think that is the common default compression file that comes with linux , and its supported on all linux server platforms, some linux servers don't support .zip, so you will have to download extension to use it.
Interesting, i have never really worked with linux before. Till now, i used to believe that zip will work anywhere. Point noted then.

Now, is there any php zip/tar class that is available in all these various servers?
Re: :: Dhtml Framework Evolution by kolitos007: 4:09pm On Jun 25, 2009
dhtml:

Maybe it is makin the wheels easier to drive. . .
Interesting, i have never really worked with linux before. Till now, i used to believe that zip will work anywhere. Point noted then.

Now, is there any php zip/tar class that is available in all these various servers?

Please dhtml, I am trying to understand what you mean, you mean like running classes in php on the server?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Can You Make $20 A Day From Google Adsense With An Entertainment Blog? / Fully Managed Semi VPS Server for High Traffic Sites - WordPress, e-Commerce etc / Solution To Nairaland Redirection Problem On Etisalat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.