Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Ibori Gets N50Million Pension As Ex-Governor Of Delta - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibori Gets N50Million Pension As Ex-Governor Of Delta (9395 Views)

Double-tragedy! Ex-govs Get Fat Pension As Senators, Ministers. / Bayelsa Polls: 4 Killed In Oporoma As Ex-Militants, Others Open Fire On LG / EFCC Swoops On Diezani’s Residence In Abuja As Ex-minister Is Arrested In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibori Gets N50Million Pension As Ex-Governor Of Delta by mofuflex(m): 11:05am On Dec 23, 2012
Na today , abegi
Na who mess come out na im e own go come smell pass .
The pension has to be paid somehow .its his right justified or not .
What about the former heads os state on an undeserving N10m per month pension? Abi those one no be human being .......
Re: Ibori Gets N50Million Pension As Ex-Governor Of Delta by ochukoccna: 11:05am On Dec 23, 2012
Nigerian DemonCRAZY in action where the people serve their rulers and are in servitude to them.
SMH!

1 Like

Re: Ibori Gets N50Million Pension As Ex-Governor Of Delta by Sodeye: 11:15am On Dec 23, 2012
Dat sum of money is enough 2 employ d teeming youth dat are seeking employment in dat state than 2 pay as pension 2 a man who stole so much money dat can take care of his generation.
Infact dat money is too small 4 Ibori!
Re: Ibori Gets N50Million Pension As Ex-Governor Of Delta by jadajada: 11:28am On Dec 23, 2012
if d likes of OBJ and IBB receieve pension, then ibori also deserves it.
Re: Ibori Gets N50Million Pension As Ex-Governor Of Delta by ifyalways(f): 11:34am On Dec 23, 2012
50M per month, quarter or annum?

Graduates no see 50K per month job. . .

1 Like

Re: Ibori Gets N50Million Pension As Ex-Governor Of Delta by Akinlawson: 11:50am On Dec 23, 2012
aglomar: Then d incumbent governor should join him in jail.
he wil soon join him after his tenure because of his misconduct.
Re: Ibori Gets N50Million Pension As Ex-Governor Of Delta by vislabraye(m): 11:51am On Dec 23, 2012
50 million for pension? SMH.
Have they paid all their pensioners, teachers and doctors?

1 Like

Re: Ibori Gets N50Million Pension As Ex-Governor Of Delta by macnwaobi: 12:06pm On Dec 23, 2012
:DBirds of the same feathers
Re: Ibori Gets N50Million Pension As Ex-Governor Of Delta by redsun(m): 12:12pm On Dec 23, 2012
Paying pension to a traitor that should have been executed by firing squad if patriots like Idiagbon were in power.

Can you imagine that?

1 Like

Re: Ibori Gets N50Million Pension As Ex-Governor Of Delta by ninja4life(m): 12:17pm On Dec 23, 2012
OMG,is d 50m pension per month or year cos even in d us,ex-president recieves pension about 200,000 dollars per yr (which is abt 32m)
nigeria i hail d oooooooo
Re: Ibori Gets N50Million Pension As Ex-Governor Of Delta by Nobody: 12:19pm On Dec 23, 2012
Nigeria is a banana republic. We have joined the league of lawless, wartorn and rogue countries where political office holders help themselves to public wealth without batting an eyelid. They've not seen anything o! Very soon all unemployed graduates will start forming their kidnap ring so as to get their share of the national cake.
Re: Ibori Gets N50Million Pension As Ex-Governor Of Delta by Nobody: 12:19pm On Dec 23, 2012
Nigeria is a banana republic. We have joined the league of lawless, wartorn and rogue countries where political office holders help themselves to public wealth without batting an eyelid. They've not seen anything o! Very soon all unemployed graduates will start forming their own kidnap ring so as to get their share of the national cake.
Re: Ibori Gets N50Million Pension As Ex-Governor Of Delta by redsun(m): 12:23pm On Dec 23, 2012
ninja4life: OMG,is d 50m pension per month or year cos even in d us,ex-president recieves pension about 200,000 dollars per yr (which is abt 32m)
nigeria i hail d oooooooo

Mehn!When they mention that their tissue millions in naira i dont tend to catch it,but when it is broken down into hard currencies,it tends to hit home and becomes very abominable.

Such amounts can be used to set up functional communitiy dispensaries that can save thousands of innocent children's lives annually,wasted on sub-animals like ibori
Re: Ibori Gets N50Million Pension As Ex-Governor Of Delta by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 23, 2012
So many fools on d loose, ibori worked for his 50mk pension so dnt even bring in jail factor into dis issue. D law didn't say jail him and deny him his right, pls my people let's pray dat oda politicians will stop looting and do wat is right.
Re: Ibori Gets N50Million Pension As Ex-Governor Of Delta by mu2sa2: 12:41pm On Dec 23, 2012
Pension scam by ex-govs is happening in almost all states. An incumbent gov will usually pass a lavishly generous pension law for himself and his deputy in collusion with the usual rubber-stamp legislature. In Kano Shekarau built a 450m naira house for himself as part of his gratuity. In Kwara Bukola Saraki laid the foundation for supposedly 250m naira mansion as part of his gratuity - but as a certified thief he has been revising upwards the cost of the building, thanks to his errand boy who is occupying govt house. The monumental fraud being perpetrated by some ex-govs in the name of pension and gratuity is simply mind blowing.
Re: Ibori Gets N50Million Pension As Ex-Governor Of Delta by redsun(m): 12:44pm On Dec 23, 2012
chiover: So many fools on d loose, ibori worked for his 50mk pension so dnt even bring in jail factor into dis issue. D law didn't say jail him and deny him his right, pls my people let's pray dat oda politicians will stop looting and do wat is right.

You are repulsive.What right does a mass murderer like ibori has?Or is it because you are too numb to see the direct and indirect consequencies of the actions of animals like ibori in motion?How many thousands of children that dies needlessly in nigeria as a result of them(politicians) stealing what belongs to them?
Re: Ibori Gets N50Million Pension As Ex-Governor Of Delta by BarryX(m): 12:48pm On Dec 23, 2012
Billyonaire: If you attended any University, you would have been taught about the "If" statements in elementary Philosophy. That being said, Ibori's fall was that of loyalty. And one more thing. Life imprisonment means 25yrs. So you need a little more than common sense to debate this issue with me.
The problem in Nigeria is sometimes if not all times the citizens, I don't quite get your point, Are you trying to justify corruption in whatsover form whether disloyalty is involved or not?. May God save us from citizens that would go any length to "sentimentize" corruption with their arse and not their brains.That Ibori is a thief is glaringly stating the obvious, we are quite aware of his underground stunts with the Abacha dynasty, and he so much played on our intelligence by denying the fact that a particular James Onanefe Ibori that was convicted some years back before the 1999 charade was not him, I can go on and on, am actually typing this with anger-ladened fingers. But please if we really want to curb corruption in this country of ours, we should reject corruption in all forms, and as my people will put it "if you are rebuking the Devil, rebuke with all that is Devilish either in works or deeds"

1 Like

Re: Ibori Gets N50Million Pension As Ex-Governor Of Delta by redsun(m): 12:51pm On Dec 23, 2012
BarryX: The problem in Nigeria is sometimes if not all times the citizens, I don't quite get your point, Are you trying to justify corruption in whatsover form whether disloyalty is involved or not?. May God save us from citizens that would go any length to "sentimentize" corruption with their arse and not their brains.That Ibori is a thief is glaringly stating the obvious, we are quite aware of his underground stunts with the Abacha dynasty, and he so much played on our intelligence by denying the fact that a particular James Onanefe Ibori that was convicted some years back before the 1999 charade was not him, I can go on and on, am actually typing this with anger-ladened fingers. But please if we really want to curb corruption in this country of ours, we should reject corruption in all forms, and as my people will put it "if you are rebuking the Devil, rebuke with all that is Devilish either in works or deeds"

I knew it,he is one of them.There was a comment he made in another thread that gave him all away,that was when i noticed him.He is a "NIGERIAN".
Re: Ibori Gets N50Million Pension As Ex-Governor Of Delta by miqos02(m): 12:53pm On Dec 23, 2012
50million naira for a confirmed looter.i think the national assembly should make laws stopping pension and gratuities for corrupt political leaders and civil servants.
Re: Ibori Gets N50Million Pension As Ex-Governor Of Delta by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 23, 2012
redsun:

You are repulsive.What right does a mass murderer like ibori has?Or is it because you are too numb to see the direct and indirect consequencies of the actions of animals like ibori in motion?How many thousands of children that dies needlessly in nigeria as a result of them(politicians) stealing what belongs to them?
oga redsun, was he jailed on murder account? Secondly,does the law stipulate dat his pensions had nt be paid? Just ans my questions with refference to the law and I will be ur student.
Re: Ibori Gets N50Million Pension As Ex-Governor Of Delta by Nobody: 1:23pm On Dec 23, 2012
BarryX: The problem in Nigeria is sometimes if not all times the citizens, I don't quite get your point, Are you trying to justify corruption in whatsover form whether disloyalty is involved or not?. May God save us from citizens that would go any length to "sentimentize" corruption with their arse and not their brains.That Ibori is a thief is glaringly stating the obvious, we are quite aware of his underground stunts with the Abacha dynasty, and he so much played on our intelligence by denying the fact that a particular James Onanefe Ibori that was convicted some years back before the 1999 charade was not him, I can go on and on, am actually typing this with anger-ladened fingers. But please if we really want to curb corruption in this country of ours, we should reject corruption in all forms, and as my people will put it "if you are rebuking the Devil, rebuke with all that is Devilish either in works or deeds" bros pls allow common sense to prevail, ibori's ill-gotten wealth shd be taken awy from him but his name can nt be cleand from d almanac as fomer gov so is his pensions. Just tink deep pls
Re: Ibori Gets N50Million Pension As Ex-Governor Of Delta by Ejiekwu1(m): 1:34pm On Dec 23, 2012
Going thru this thread is a confirmation †нat MOST Nigerian youth are very corrupt. Common sense should tell Ʊ that Ibori deserves nothing good from Delta state again. But †нє unfortunate thing is that its not backed up by our constitution. I think this is a case for our National assemblies to handle by making law that will incriminate acts like this.

1 Like

Re: Ibori Gets N50Million Pension As Ex-Governor Of Delta by macherie1: 1:48pm On Dec 23, 2012
Wat exactly can one do to stop corruption in this country. It is really frustrating to hear millions and billions from the common purse of the nation disappearing into greedy pockets y one struggles to make ends meet. Wish I cud do something
Re: Ibori Gets N50Million Pension As Ex-Governor Of Delta by bigtt76(f): 1:58pm On Dec 23, 2012
What more can we say ....
1. Rich Nigerian in the UK without known source of income celebrated birthday - 19 state governors flew to UK to attend.
2. Ex-Convict did thanksgiving - President attended
3. Senior Adviser to President buries father - Nation's Military Infrastructure put to service and crashed
4. 80 Year Old known Corrupt politician Appointed Chairman NPA,
5. ETC
....It goes on and on! No wahala
Re: Ibori Gets N50Million Pension As Ex-Governor Of Delta by demmy(m): 2:19pm On Dec 23, 2012
The monkey should forfeit all benefits.

Re: Ibori Gets N50Million Pension As Ex-Governor Of Delta by ismailaoladayo: 2:22pm On Dec 23, 2012
i think Delta people can now see it clearly why $15,000,000 of ibori bribe should not go back to them? because ibori is the one ruling Delta state, the previous money recovered was given back to ibori by uduhagha, now they want to collect this again, Delta people should allow federal government to use the $15m for the beterment of their state, otherwise uduagha will return the money back to ibori, exept uduagha is no longer a governor of Delta
Re: Ibori Gets N50Million Pension As Ex-Governor Of Delta by redsun(m): 2:44pm On Dec 23, 2012
chiover: oga redsun, was he jailed on murder account? Secondly,does the law stipulate dat his pensions had nt be paid? Just ans my questions with refference to the law and I will be ur student.

Law is man made,crafted mostly by people like him to protect themselves.Worse of all,in the case of nigeria where animals like him and uduagan thrive,there are no laws at all.If there were laws in nigeria,it wouldnt take britain to bring him to justice.
Re: Ibori Gets N50Million Pension As Ex-Governor Of Delta by shaibolo(m): 3:15pm On Dec 23, 2012
Gratuity or pension? No wonder polithiefcians do anything to get "elected"
Re: Ibori Gets N50Million Pension As Ex-Governor Of Delta by slimfit1(m): 3:56pm On Dec 23, 2012
Let is people go and sort it out with him simple. If you are not from the state don't talk if is people can not confront their governor then good luck Jonathan to them I'm tired of those people.
Re: Ibori Gets N50Million Pension As Ex-Governor Of Delta by AfroBlue(m): 4:19pm On Dec 23, 2012
news from last year

80-year-old pensioner dies on verification queue

https://www.nairaland.com/779742/80-year-old-pensioner-dies-verification-queue

http://bluedeal..com/2011/10/80-year-old-pensioner-dies-on.html

Although no official of the screening committee offered to speak with our correspondent, the Secretary of the state chapter of the Nigeria Union of Pensioners, Mr. Adejare Adesida, blamed the slow procedure adopted by the committee for the incident.

Some of the pensioners, who declined to give their names, told our correspondent that it was regrettable that after over 5,000 of them paid N500 each to buy the forms, the committee could still not provide necessary logistics to take care of the elderly people.

Findings by PUNCH METRO showed that the committee was making use of one single computer set to screen the over 5,000 pensioners.

In a similar exercise carried out last year, two pensioners slumped before they took their turns. One of them died instantly, while the second was revived at a nearby hospital.

Source:punchng.com
Re: Ibori Gets N50Million Pension As Ex-Governor Of Delta by Remii(m): 5:26pm On Dec 23, 2012
solidbroda: Nigeria is like Xbox 360 or PS3. Let's play people.

What would have happen another land? Please tell us. Are you saying the governor of Illinois that is in jail now would loose all his entitlements during or after his jail term? Pension amount may be too muh or wrong but law is law.
Re: Ibori Gets N50Million Pension As Ex-Governor Of Delta by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 23, 2012
Crime pays well in Nigeria especially when you have top connections or Big Guns

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ezekwesili - 56 Million Nigerians Illiterate / Buhari's Victory: A Proof God Does Not Exist. / Why Is South Africa Moving Backward?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.