Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,880 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

Don't Know What My Life Is Turning Into! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don't Know What My Life Is Turning Into! (945 Views)

Can U Imagine What This World Is Turning Into? / - / My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Know What My Life Is Turning Into! by Louis007: 10:34am On Jan 14, 2013
Good morning all, I am new here, even though I alwas check other sections.
My story:
My education was really fast, did jamb 2003 and got admission 2004 at a tender age. I graduated 2009 instead of 2008, reason being that I carried a 1 unit practical 100l course which I wasn't aware of,till the year I was expected to graduate.
I served in an Oil and gas company in Lagos. I started job hunting before I finished my nysc, I mean AGGRESIVE job hunt. I got invites to aptitude test both in Lag, PH and Jos.Am alwas online checking for jobs, going to offices to drop my CVs, infact, my friends could tell better.I got a job Sept lastyr were I was paid 35k and was sacked after 2months, because of issues I had wit my direct boss (He has been sacked too now). I really did my best there, but still lost the job.
I began the job hunt again, going to conferences to meet ppl, I got numbers and email address of some senators n House of Rep members, I sent emails n sms to dem seeking for help, yet none came.
Virtualy all my friends are working, even my jnrs in uni.I used to be a vry dedicated christian but gave up at a time wen I felt it was too much and God couldn't hear my cry.
My question is, Why is my case this way? Despite my AGGRESIVE JOB HUNT, the fasting and prayers I did in the past.
Now it has gone to the extent that my friends do mockery of me.
At this point in time, am so confused, thinking of an easy was out.
I'v done lots of gatecrashing in test. I review my CV from time to time.

Please my brothers and sisters, what do u tink is wrong with me?!?
Cos I don't steal, I dnt even drink n smoke (Though I did that lately cos of wat am passing thru now)

Thanks
Re: Don't Know What My Life Is Turning Into! by Gloriagee(f): 11:12am On Jan 14, 2013
Hi Louis,

Epele. I think yu should work on ur CV? What did yu read? Du hav other skills like are you trying to improve urself. Be prayerful. Encourage yrself. N without fail, u shall recover all. (((((Hugs))))
Re: Don't Know What My Life Is Turning Into! by God2man(m): 7:26pm On Jan 14, 2013
My friend, discover who you are, self discovery is vital in the process of restoration.
When you have the knowledge of your mission on earth, it will be difficult to go back. You have been looking at the hand of God for some time, why don't you try and look at his face, i mean, try to find out the purpose of God for your life. It is very important.

Another thing is to try and find out about your family history, what happened to your dad, granfather, and even your mum. Your family history can give you a clue to the solution to your problem.

Moreover, a sinner in the right place and a righteous man in the wrong place are all birds of the same feather.

Change your church.

You need to be at the right place and pray the right prayer to move ahead.
Spiritual purging and foundational deliverance prayers are needed in the process of deliverance and it takes time.

God will minister to you better than this.

God will see you through, in Jesus name. Amen.

God bless you.

God2man.
Re: Don't Know What My Life Is Turning Into! by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jan 14, 2013
Louis007:
Cos I don't steal, I dnt even drink n smoke (Though I did that lately cos of wat am passing thru now)

Thanks
are you depending on your righteousness or His righteousness, by the post above?
Re: Don't Know What My Life Is Turning Into! by AtheistD(m): 9:02am On Jan 15, 2013
Welcome to the REAL world. What you are going through is pretty much similar to what most youths of today are going through. What did you study?
Re: Don't Know What My Life Is Turning Into! by Louis007: 9:16am On Jan 15, 2013
Gloriagee: Hi Louis,

Epele. I think yu should work on ur CV? What did yu read? Du hav other skills like are you trying to improve urself. Be prayerful. Encourage yrself. N without fail, u shall recover all. (((((Hugs))))

Thanks so much...Well, I haven't really improved on my skills. Cos one need finance to do that. And several of my friends got job witout that.I hope to get the opporty of improving my skills
Re: Don't Know What My Life Is Turning Into! by Louis007: 9:25am On Jan 15, 2013
God2man: My friend, discover who you are, self discovery is vital in the process of restoration.
When you have the knowledge of your mission on earth, it will be difficult to go back. You have been looking at the hand of God for some time, why don't you try and look at his face, i mean, try to find out the purpose of God for your life. It is very important.

Another thing is to try and find out about your family history, what happened to your dad, granfather, and even your mum. Your family history can give you a clue to the solution to your problem.

Moreover, a sinner in the right place and a righteous man in the wrong place are all birds of the same feather.

Change your church.

You need to be at the right place and pray the right prayer to move ahead.
Spiritual purging and foundational deliverance prayers are needed in the process of deliverance and it takes time.

God will minister to you better than this.

God will see you through, in Jesus name. Amen.

God bless you.

God2man.

Thanks so much my brother. I get you now. Honestly, finding God's purpose in my life is pretty difficult. I wish a could meet a prophet that will reveal that to me.
I was attending RCCG before, later I went bck to catholic church, and I rarely go to church now. Am alwas ashamed of going becos people do ask whr I work, at times I tell lies or keep quite. Because they find it hard to believe am unemployed.
Well, my parental background is really not ok. Both has history of traditional ways of living, not really christian homes pe say.
Pls my brother, how do I know God's purpose for me?!? I'v prayed to God in different ways, languages yet nothing. At a time I assume that God doesn't exist. because I kept asking and asking and asking him for just ONE THING, yet nothing showed.
Re: Don't Know What My Life Is Turning Into! by Louis007: 9:27am On Jan 15, 2013
Atheist:-D:
Welcome to the REAL world. What you are going through is pretty much similar to what most youths of today are going through. What did you study?

I think mine is worst. because I'v worked hard to get out of it, yet am still dere. I read Geology.
Re: Don't Know What My Life Is Turning Into! by AtheistD(m): 9:35am On Jan 15, 2013
Louis007:

I think mine is worst. because I'v worked hard to get out of it, yet am still dere. I read Geology.

If only it was core science or engineering. Dont panic. Are you in a position to travel overseas to study maybe a masters or take some advanced technical courses? This has been a gateway for many ppl into the industry.
Re: Don't Know What My Life Is Turning Into! by Louis007: 9:35am On Jan 15, 2013
hisblud: are you depending on your righteousness or His righteousness, by the post above?

On my righteousness
Re: Don't Know What My Life Is Turning Into! by Louis007: 9:40am On Jan 15, 2013

If only it was core science or engineering. Dont panic. Are you in a position to travel overseas to study maybe a masters or take some advanced technical courses? This has been a gateway for many ppl into the industry.

Looking at the finance, I will say "no".I applied for a no of oversea scholarships but didn't work out. And I graduated wit 2.2. If it was 2.1 or 1st class maybe I would hv gotten one.
Re: Don't Know What My Life Is Turning Into! by AtheistD(m): 9:46am On Jan 15, 2013
Louis007:

Looking at the finance, I will say "no".I applied for a no of oversea scholarships but didn't work out. And I graduated wit 2.2. If it was 2.1 or 1st class maybe I would hv gotten one.

Dont give up. It is a difficult time in the oil and gas sector (especially in Nigeria). Just keep at it, try and look at other sectors too. Also consider further education. Sometimes witha 2.2 a masters might bolster your chances. I got a 2.2 myself and did a masters.
Re: Don't Know What My Life Is Turning Into! by Louis007: 9:50am On Jan 15, 2013

Dont give up. It is a difficult time in the oil and gas sector (especially in Nigeria). Just keep at it, try and look at other sectors too. Also consider further education. Sometimes witha 2.2 a masters might bolster your chances. I got a 2.2 myself and did a masters.

Funny enough, 80% of jobs I applied for aren't OIl n Gas.I'v even applied to entertainment industry.
I still haven't known what my prob is. because I'v tired. Am beginning to tink its spiritual.
Re: Don't Know What My Life Is Turning Into! by AtheistD(m): 10:01am On Jan 15, 2013
Louis007:

Funny enough, 80% of jobs I applied for aren't OIl n Gas.I'v even applied to entertainment industry.
I still haven't known what my prob is. because I'v tired. Am beginning to tink its spiritual.

It isnt spiritual. Once you go down that route you will totally be lost. You have to focus. And be strong.

I know someone who was 4 years no employment and even lost his wife due to the unfortunate circumstances. He is doing pretty well right now.
Re: Don't Know What My Life Is Turning Into! by Louis007: 10:23am On Jan 15, 2013

It isnt spiritual. Once you go down that route you will totally be lost. You have to focus. And be strong.

I know someone who was 4 years no employment and even lost his wife due to the unfortunate circumstances. He is doing pretty well right now.

What do u suggest I do? because I dnt knw how long I can be strong. Am quite focused

Any other way of understanding what u pointing at? Pls talk to me
Re: Don't Know What My Life Is Turning Into! by moi2(f): 11:03am On Jan 15, 2013
@OP Please read God2man's post again, seek God!
Re: Don't Know What My Life Is Turning Into! by AtheistD(m): 11:20am On Jan 15, 2013
Louis007:

What do u suggest I do? because I dnt knw how long I can be strong. Am quite focused

Any other way of understanding what u pointing at? Pls talk to me

I dont have all the answers but keep looking for opportunities, try and remain positive, find a means of putting money in your pocket (maybe a lesser paying job) , find a way to do technical training coursed etc. Also consider a masters degree in a course like petroleum engineering or oil and gas engineering.
Re: Don't Know What My Life Is Turning Into! by wirinet(m): 11:54am On Jan 15, 2013
If you are as young, energetic and hard working as you claim, then you have nothing to worry about. The journey of life is a marathon and not a hundred metres dash. Those that start our too fast almost always end up burnt out earlier, and those that move late slowly and steadily reach the highest crescendo later in life.

I assume you have no responsibility and is still being catered for by parents, so you should still be able to focus on improving your self, skill wise, educationally and socially. You need to move around and mix more with your friends, family and old contacts. The greatest mistake is to shy away from friends due to your unemployed status. Go to your friends and colleagues offices, put your ear to the ground. Tell them to help you in case of openings. Improve your social life, go to big churches, join groups where there are upward mobile members. Do anything but DO NOT SIT AT HOME FEELING SORRY FOR YOUR SELF. I am sure you will see opportunities.

1 Like

Re: Don't Know What My Life Is Turning Into! by Gloriagee(f): 3:30pm On Jan 15, 2013
Honestly, I feel for u. I know what's it like to feel like ur life's at a standstill with others passing u by.

All, I can say is seek God with all ur being. Be genuinely born again n become a worker in God's house. Matt 6:33

have u tried teaching jobs. A couple of recruitment agencies I know include workforce, estymol,peopleplus/ peopleprime. Keep pushing and one day, U'll strike gold.

Also, du think u need to work on ur attitude? Quarreling with ur boss while ur still a temporary staff doesn't exactly put you in good light. The thing is evn wen u're being paid peanuts, its better cos potential employers typically frown at time gaps in cvs.

This too shall pass. (((((Hugs))))
Re: Don't Know What My Life Is Turning Into! by lollarj(f): 5:46pm On Jan 15, 2013
poster
Why dont u think outside the box of your qualificatiøn and create your own dream job/business - think like a BOSS and keep God close.
Re: Don't Know What My Life Is Turning Into! by JeSoul(f): 6:39pm On Jan 15, 2013
wirinet: If you are as young, energetic and hard working as you claim, then you have nothing to worry about. The journey of life is a marathon and not a hundred metres dash. Those that start our too fast almost always end up burnt out earlier, and those that move late slowly and steadily reach the highest crescendo later in life.

I assume you have no responsibility and is still being catered for by parents, so you should still be able to focus on improving your self, skill wise, educationally and socially. You need to move around and mix more with your friends, family and old contacts. The greatest mistake is to shy away from friends due to your unemployed status. Go to your friends and colleagues offices, put your ear to the ground. Tell them to help you in case of openings. Improve your social life, go to big churches, join groups where there are upward mobile members. Do anything but DO NOT SIT AT HOME FEELING SORRY FOR YOUR SELF. I am sure you will see opportunities.
^ X1000%.
Re: Don't Know What My Life Is Turning Into! by Louis007: 10:30pm On Jan 15, 2013
wirinet: If you are as young, energetic and hard working as you claim, then you have nothing to worry about. The journey of life is a marathon and not a hundred metres dash. Those that start our too fast almost always end up burnt out earlier, and those that move late slowly and steadily reach the highest crescendo later in life.

Thanks so much my brother, I really appreciate it, from the depth of my heart. Actually, my parents has got 4 of my younger ones to take care of, infact, they are worried that am not yet productive, in terms of helping them out.
I will try what u said by joining a big church. I know of one already, tho far away from me, but will try my best to join.
God bless u for passing this words to me. It came at the right time. I probably need to stand hustling again.
Thanks once again!!!
Re: Don't Know What My Life Is Turning Into! by Louis007: 10:45pm On Jan 15, 2013
Gloriagee: Honestly, I feel for u. I know what's it like to feel like ur life's at a standstill with others passing u by.

All, I can say is seek God with all ur being. Be genuinely born again n become a worker in God's house. Matt 6:33

have u tried teaching jobs. A couple of recruitment agencies I know include workforce, estymol,peopleplus/ peopleprime. I'm averse to being contacted offline but send ur cv to gloriageeee at yahoo.co.uk. Keep pushing n one day u'll strike gold.

Also, du think u need to work on ur attitude? Quarreling with ur boss while ur still a temporary staff doesn't exactly put you in good light. The thing is evn wen u're being paid peanuts, its better cos potential employers typically frown at time gaps in cvs.

This too shall pass. (((((Hugs))))

My sisters, thanks a lot, u'v really shown me great concern. I so appreciate it. Will start a new church, am a catholic actually, but I tink is better I change my church.

Well, to be sincere, I tried my best at the organisation (Construction company). I really can't say if I displayed the right or wrong attitude. But my boss wasn't jst happy wit me. The fact that people complained about him means I didn't do wrong. Infact, when I lost the job, a white man who is also part of the management asked me to join him at his site (Badagry), but distance couldn't let me.
Staying at home for long has thought me to be humble.

I will send my CV as soon as I can. Thanks really much
(((((Big Hugs))))))
Re: Don't Know What My Life Is Turning Into! by Candour(m): 10:55pm On Jan 15, 2013
@Louis007

Dont worry cos this too shall pass.like someone said earlier,see life as a marathon not a sprint.stop focusing on your mates who have made it cos life isn't a competition.keep your focus and make up your mind to succeed and you shall.dont be ashamed to ask for help from your friends or associates.however avoid begging for money....instead ask for opprotunities.nobody likes a beggar.

Pls I'm a christian and i will advice you not to start looking for prophets or MOG's.many wolves abound and they're waiting to entrap someone.you have a direct line to God too so pray to him.the bible says the hands of the diligent maketh rich which is why even non Christians make it big as long as they are focused,its not a function of how hard you pray or fast.i can talk like this because i was at your position once upon a time but thank God it's history now.i can assure you it'll surely pass if you make up your mind to fight.

i wish you all the best as you resolve to dust yourself up and always remember....there is light at the end of this tunnel.

God bless you
Re: Don't Know What My Life Is Turning Into! by baby124: 12:01am On Jan 16, 2013
eyah. Hold on, keep your head up and stay strong. The time you will find your own you will appreciate it so much more. Everyone's time is different. Dont get discouraged or lose faith. God will answer your prayers though delayed. You will find that job perfect for you. Goodluck.
Re: Don't Know What My Life Is Turning Into! by Chuksxp: 11:58pm On Jan 16, 2013
@OP, I can't say I fully understand all you're going through, but I want to encourage you to surrender your life to Christ. Maybe God is using this to test you; to draw you close to Him. Remember Job in the Bible. God wants you to be fully dependent on Him. While I do encourage you to find a biblical church, more than that you need to delve into God's word and spend time in prayer seeking His face. I'm not a prophet to come and tell you a job is coming your way so so and so day. But I know God is in control and He will do what is best for you at the right time. Stay strong.

(1) (Reply)

Dokie And Co - Kindly Explain Luke 11:27-28 / Coza's Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo’s Comments About The Scandal. / A Spiritual War Is Raging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.