Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire - Culture (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire (189024 Views)

Gur People Of Burkina, Mali, Cote D'ivoire, Ghana, Togo, Benin, Niger / Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... / The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (54) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 12:54am On Sep 09, 2013
ivorian225: Wi mais c'est quand même rare parce que les Baoulé sont largement chrétien et vu que savais que sont père avait des origines sénégalaise c'est pour ça que je me suis interrogé

aaa sisi c clair, sinon ke ns on prends tout ce ki es bon hannnn cool

1 Like

Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 12:56am On Sep 09, 2013
Sybellah:

son pere est (Senegal-Guinee) melange Baoule
sa mere liban-Ivoirienne (mais je ne connais pas son ethnie)
tchieuuuuu elle est mélangé deh lol
Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 12:57am On Sep 09, 2013
ivorian225: tchieuuuuu elle est mélangé deh lol

lool susu, vien yai kelkechoz rapid a te dir

1 Like

Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 12:58am On Sep 09, 2013
Sybellah:

aaa sisi c clair, sinon ke ns on prends tout ce ki es bon hannnn cool
looooooool qui est fou

1 Like

Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 12:59am On Sep 09, 2013
ivorian225: looooooool qui est fou

cool cool aha les agni nos Kanga grin

1 Like

Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 1:07am On Sep 09, 2013
Sybellah:

lool susu, vien yai kelkechoz rapid a te dir
jai pas le net je me débrouille avec mon phone envoie moi un mail je suis la
Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 1:08am On Sep 09, 2013
Sybellah:

cool cool aha les agni nos Kanga grin
looool même pas en rêve tongue
Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 1:19am On Sep 09, 2013
ivorian225: jai pas le net je me débrouille avec mon phone envoie moi un mail je suis la

dac

1 Like

Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 12, 2013
Sybellah: KingMojo, do u know the ethnicity of Carranzar? Is she Akan? What type? Fanti? NZima?

She is neither, at first I thought she was fanti because Fantis tend to have English last name, upon looking at her full name Naa okailey shooter she is Ga. Which the tribe located in Accra. They have link with the Yoruba people of Nigeria from what I have heard.

1 Like

Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by otumfour(m): 6:08pm On Sep 12, 2013
Kingmojo:

She is neither, at first I thought she was fanti because Fantis tend to have English last name, upon looking at her full name Naa okailey shooter she is Ga. Which the tribe located in Accra. They have link with the Yoruba people of Nigeria from what I have heard.

She's surely Ga, wit the Okailey name

1 Like

Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 7:16pm On Sep 12, 2013
WOW!!shocked Very interesting thread. i just stumbled upon this and i must say ive bn thoroughly educated. Im nzema from ghana and i always assumed freddy meiway ws a ghanaian born ivorian cz i understood some of his lyrics but thanks to this thread ive discovered there's an akan population,precisely nzema population in CIV as well, smth i never knew. Thanks very much @OP.smiley

1 Like

Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 12, 2013
chokl8candie: WOW!!shocked Very interesting thread. i just stumbled upon this and i must say ive bn thoroughly educated. Im nzema from ghana and i always assumed freddy meiway ws a ghanaian born ivorian cz i understood some of his lyrics but thanks to this thread ive discovered there's an akan population,precisely nzema population in CIV as well, smth i never knew. Thanks very much @OP.smiley

Anytime hun smiley Effectively CIV have also a big Akan population, about 40% of its total population, and although many of our Akan groups are today different, they were the same basically 500-200 centuries ago. Today the populations we both share are: Fanti, NZima, Brong, Aowin and probably Sefwi to some extent. The Agni in CIV and the Sefwi in Ghana are basically the same, only the artificial borders separate us.

1 Like

Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 2:07am On Sep 13, 2013
Kingmojo:

ah kk i c
Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 7:02am On Sep 13, 2013
Sybellah:

Anytime hun smiley Effectively CIV have also a big Akan population, about 40% of its total population, and although many of our Akan groups are today different, they were the same basically 500-200 centuries ago. Today the populations we both share are: Fanti, NZima, Brong, Aowin and probably Sefwi to some extent. The Agni in CIV and the Sefwi in Ghana are basically the same, only the artificial borders separate us.
there are fantis in CIV? Lol,my bestie shd hear this. Op where are u from?? U seem to know so much about both countries and are u nzema as well?smiley

1 Like

Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 7:32am On Sep 13, 2013
Sybellah: KingMojo, do u know the ethnicity of Carranzar? Is she Akan? What type? Fanti? NZima?
this lady and i used to be mates in the same uni. She's ga paternaly and fanti frm her mom's side, atleast thats what i hrd bk in skul.

1 Like

Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 12:38pm On Sep 13, 2013
chokl8candie:
there are fantis in CIV? Lol,my bestie shd hear this. Op where are u from?? U seem to know so much about both countries and are u nzema as well?smiley

Yea I think, but their population is relatively small compared to the brong and Nzima for example. I am Ivorian, I am Akan but not Nzima , I am Baoule and Akye. smiley

chokl8candie:
this lady and i used to be mates in the same uni. She's ga paternaly and fanti frm her mom's side, atleast thats what i hrd bk in skul.

aha good! grin I was about to claim her lool, what a beautiful girl, she rock
Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 13, 2013
smiley Akye style of Kente

1 Like

Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 13, 2013
Agni

Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 3:05am On Sep 14, 2013
Lovely thread.
So do the Akan of Ghana and Ivory Coast unite to do stuff together once in a while or often? I hope national or rather colonial boundaries have not kept them apart or distinct from each other.
Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 7:28am On Sep 14, 2013
stillwater: Lovely thread.
So do the Akan of Ghana and Ivory Coast unite to do stuff together once in a while or often? I hope national or rather colonial boundaries have not kept them apart or distinct from each other.
lol. i just found out yesterdae thru dis thread dat akans even existed in CIV and im ghanaian and akan so clearly ur answer is no. And yes,colonial boundires hv made us distinct from each other.Didnt even know dat ivorians wore kente as well. The differences in the official languages too hs played a major role in keeping us apart cz i realise that ghanaians have stronger relationships wv anglophone speaking countries even tho all the countries bordering us are french speaking.
Its pretty unfortunate. As much as i wud love to see pple from my ethnic group in both gh and CiV doing stuff together it has never happened and i doubt it ever will.

1 Like

Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 14, 2013
Murielle Ahouré and the king of Agni Sanwi Nanan Amon N'Douffou V in Aboisso

1 Like

Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 7:04pm On Sep 14, 2013
Murielle's parent with the 1st notable of the NZema King: Roger Ngnoan M'Balla
Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 7:09pm On Sep 14, 2013
stillwater: Lovely thread.
chokl8candie:
lol. i just found out yesterdae thru dis thread dat akans even existed in CIV and im ghanaian and akan so clearly ur answer is no. And yes,colonial boundires hv made us distinct from each other.Didnt even know dat ivorians wore kente as well. The differences in the official languages too hs played a major role in keeping us apart cz i realise that ghanaians have stronger relationships wv anglophone speaking countries even tho all the countries bordering us are french speaking.
Its pretty unfortunate. As much as i wud love to see pple from my ethnic group in both gh and CiV doing stuff together it has never happened and i doubt it ever will.

Well, unfortunately colonization has succeed in keeping us apart. sad But I believe it can be possible to see Ivoz and Ghana celebrate stuff together in villages very close to borders.
Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 14, 2013
Sybellah: Murielle's parent with the 1st notable of the NZema King: Roger Ngnoan M'Balla
i thought she was Baoulé
Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 9:12pm On Sep 14, 2013
ivorian225: i thought she was Baoulé

Ki ca Murielle? je ne sais pas hein, mais la c'etait dans un village appoloniens, c'est pour ca jai precise le notable smiley
J'ai pense qu'elle etait Aboure, mais j'en etais pas sure.

1 Like

Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 9:30pm On Sep 14, 2013
Sybellah:

Ki ca Murielle? je ne sais pas hein, mais la c'etait dans un village appoloniens, c'est pour ca jai precise le notable smiley
J'ai pense qu'elle etait Aboure, mais j'en etais pas sure.
ah ok sinon Ahouré sonne Baoulé Ahou/Ahouré
Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 14, 2013
ivorian225: ah ok sinon Ahouré sonne Baoulé Ahou/Ahouré

ah Grand Bassam est son department d'origine, donc elle peut être soit Nzima soit Aboure, y'a des Aboure la ba aussi a Mossou, Grand Bassam....mais non non, a ma connaissance, le nom Ahoure n'est pas Baoule deh
Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 14, 2013
Actor and Writer, Norbert Etranny

1 Like

Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 10:23pm On Sep 14, 2013
Sybellah:

ah Grand Bassam est son department d'origine, donc elle peut être soit Nzima soit Aboure, y'a des Aboure la ba aussi a Mossou, Grand Bassam....mais non non, a ma connaissance, le nom Ahoure n'est pas Baoule deh
ah ok si elle est grand Bassam c'est quelle est soit Abouré soit Nzima, j'ai pas dit que ahoure est Baoulé enfaite j'ai dit que ça ressemble a Ahou qui est Baoulé donc j'ai cru qu'elle était Baoulé, elle n'est pas aussi guéré? Parce que j'ai entendu que c'est la nièce de Doué Mathias

1 Like

Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 10:27pm On Sep 14, 2013
ivorian225: ah ok si elle est grand Bassam c'est quelle est soit Abouré soit Nzima, j'ai pas dit que ahoure est Baoulé enfaite j'ai dit que ça ressemble a Ahou qui est Baoulé donc j'ai cru qu'elle était Baoulé, elle n'est pas aussi guéré? Parce que j'ai entendu que c'est la nièce de Doué Mathias

aa kk, pardon ooh j'avais pas bien lu tongue
c pas sa niece mais sa fille adoptive. C'est en fait la fille de la femme de Doue. smiley

1 Like

Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 11:30pm On Sep 14, 2013
Sybellah:

aa kk, pardon ooh j'avais pas bien lu tongue
c pas sa niece mais sa fille adoptive. C'est en fait la fille de la femme de Doue. smiley
aaah ok thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (54) (Reply)

If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here! / Ònkà Yorùbá: Numbers And Numbering System In Yorùbá / Benin Art And Architecture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.