Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,769 members, 7,837,780 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. (1725 Views)

Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by Tgirl4real(f): 10:06am On Dec 24, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Should christian still perceive a helpful atheist as a favor from God? As God "opening the door"?

What kind of help if I may ask?
Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 24, 2012
@ileke-idi

really, you are a stripper? hmm exciting, what about a lap dance for daddy? p.m me
Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by alexleo(m): 2:50pm On Dec 24, 2012
@ ileke-idi,
Where have you been? Its been a long time i saw u here. Missed u sha.

To your post- do you want to drop your believe in God? Again, pls my dear dont abuse God's mercy by living your life anyhow because you believe you can always ask for forgiveness.
Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by UyiIredia(m): 5:04pm On Dec 24, 2012
Ileke-Idi your post lacks maturity. Will you codone misdemeanour from a child who believes he can get away with it continuously by asking for forgiveness ? I think not.
Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by LordReed(m): 6:57pm On Dec 24, 2012
First off all that narration was unnecessary to the question; you seem to be mocking someone, I can't pick if its you, God, Church or the pastor you are mocking. Somehow I think you've made up your mind that religion is a farce but truth is spirituality goes beyond religion to the very core of the Human Being and that part you shouldn't mock.

As for the question, even Jesus said God can use stones to accomplish a task so what is the biggie if He uses an atheist? Your Christian folks may have been blind to the occasion and it maybe God wants to open their eyes to see that type of situation as a chance to show love.
Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by AtheistD(m): 8:47pm On Dec 24, 2012
Lord_Reed: First off all that narration was unnecessary to the question; you seem to be mocking someone, I can't pick if its you, God, Church or the pastor you are mocking. Somehow I think you've made up your mind that religion is a farce but truth is spirituality goes beyond religion to the very core of the Human Being and that part you shouldn't mock.

As for the question, even Jesus said God can use stones to accomplish a task so what is the biggie if He uses an atheist? Your Christian folks may have been blind to the occasion and it maybe God wants to open their eyes to see that type of situation as a chance to show love.

God uses even the devil wink

God is entertaining. He always delivers... even when he doesnt deliver he delivers wink
Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by LordReed(m): 11:07pm On Dec 24, 2012
Atheist:-D:

God is entertaining. He always delivers... even when he doesnt deliver he delivers wink

You use a toilet don't you? How bout you use it to eat your xmas meal? Sounds gross huh?

Utility varies with the instrument in question. Don't get it twisted.

1 Like

Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by AtheistD(m): 11:39pm On Dec 24, 2012
Lord_Reed:

You use a toilet don't you? How bout you use it to eat your xmas meal? Sounds gross huh?

Utility varies with the instrument in question. Don't get it twisted.

How the hell do I eat a xmas meal with a toilet?
Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by Nobody: 1:49am On Dec 25, 2012

smiley Is it frequent, for God not to deliver?
Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by Nobody: 1:55am On Dec 25, 2012
Lord_Reed: First off all that narration was unnecessary to the question; you seem to be mocking someone, I can't pick if its you, God, Church or the pastor you are mocking. Somehow I think you've made up your mind that religion is a farce but truth is spirituality goes beyond religion to the very core of the Human Being and that part you shouldn't mock.

Gasp!!! How far, Dr Reed? Long time. E ku ojo keresimesi. smiley

I'm not mocking anyone. I'm outlining the dilemma of a typical Christian, hypocritical and so full of self-doubt.

Of course, spiritual (self-transcendence) goes beyond religion. If self-transcendence goes beyond religion, then why should the altruistic act be classified as a religious intervention?
Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by Nobody: 2:00am On Dec 25, 2012
alexleo: @ ileke-idi,
Where have you been? Its been a long time i saw u here. Missed u sha.

To your post- do you want to drop your believe in God? Again, pls my dear dont abuse God's mercy by living your life anyhow because you believe you can always ask for forgiveness.

Missed you too grin

Dropping my "believe in God" is out of the question.

Every man has sin. Infact, every man sins. Are you claiming that God only forgive those who UNINTENTIONALLY sins? How does my sin differ from another? (let's assume the context of the sins are the same).
Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by Nobody: 2:01am On Dec 25, 2012
Tgirl4real:

What kind of help if I may ask?

E ku ojo keresimesi.

Divine intervention.
Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by Tgirl4real(f): 2:16pm On Dec 25, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

E ku ojo keresimesi.

Divine intervention.

Melli Kristmas. cheesy

What kind of divine intervention? Me I no understand o.
Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by AtheistD(m): 2:22pm On Dec 25, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

smiley Is it frequent, for God not to deliver?

The combined amount of times God delivers directly or indirectly is 100%.

God always delivers. Any event, anywhere, any time is the will if God and hence God has delivered... even ehen it works to Gods disadvantage cool
Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by LordReed(m): 2:40pm On Dec 28, 2012

How the hell do I eat a xmas meal with a toilet?

Exactly! You can't or rather you won't. God using the Devil is about on par with you using the toilet.
Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by LordReed(m): 2:49pm On Dec 28, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Gasp!!! How far, Dr Reed? Long time. E ku ojo keresimesi. smiley

I'm not mocking anyone. I'm outlining the dilemma of a typical Christian, hypocritical and so full of self-doubt.

Of course, spiritual (self-transcendence) goes beyond religion. If self-transcendence goes beyond religion, then why should the altruistic act be classified as a religious intervention?

Merry Xmas and a happy new year in advance.

How is it hypocritical to seek redemption? Would you rather be condemned or be saved?

I doubt that anyone in our present physical state can achieve self-transcendence. Why? We don't fully understand the true meaning of spirituality, for now we need guidance. A time will come when we would have achieved perfection but it is not yet with us. That act of spiritual guidance is what shows up as interventions in our existence. That seemly simple altruistic act carries with it the seed of light to show us what we ought to become.
Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by kandiikane(m): 5:58pm On Dec 28, 2012
Sir reed, is God imperfect?
Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by Nobody: 6:30pm On Dec 28, 2012
Viewing this topic: Ileke-IdI

Ma Nairaland Wives in here trynna kick knowledge..... kiss
Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by Nobody: 6:36pm On Dec 28, 2012
Lord_Reed:

Merry Xmas and a happy new year in advance.

How is it hypocritical to seek redemption? Would you rather be condemned or be saved?

I doubt that anyone in our present physical state can achieve self-transcendence. Why? We don't fully understand the true meaning of spirituality, for now we need guidance. A time will come when we would have achieved perfection but it is not yet with us. That act of spiritual guidance is what shows up as interventions in our existence. That seemly simple altruistic act carries with it the seed of light to show us what we ought to become.

What is hypocritical about religious redemption is that no one is actually looking for it, or many that search for it aren't doing what would gain them redemption.

Let me use you as an example, Dr Reed:

You call yourself a Christian, yet you search for materialism and hedonism. Doesn't that go against the Christianity's redemption?

What do you know about true meaning of spirituality if (according to you) you don't fully understand it? You speak of perfection you're not sure exists?

Religion is collective, spirituality is individual. Speak for yourself, not for others.
Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by Nobody: 6:39pm On Dec 28, 2012

The combined amount of times God delivers directly or indirectly is 100%.

God always delivers. Any event, anywhere, any time is the will if God and hence God has delivered... even ehen it works to Gods disadvantage cool

Mu hehehe, I love this!!! grin grin grin

Our god is a working God even when he's always on vacation grin Lucky guy.
Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by advocate666: 6:40pm On Dec 28, 2012
الملكي فوق الله: Viewing this topic: Ileke-IdI

Ma Nairaland Wives in here trynna kick knowledge..... kiss

This your name na wa o.
Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by LordReed(m): 6:43pm On Dec 28, 2012
kandiikane: Sir reed, is God imperfect?

No He is not but His plans and methods are so "alien" from the normal human mind that they sometimes approach madness to us. If you've seen the film Bruce Almighty you'll understand a bit what its like. In that film the main character Bruce is given the job of being the almighty and out of frustration said yes to every request that was channeled to him, chaos of course ensued.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should Pastors Get Involved In Politics?? / Please Room, Is Bishop David Oyedepo, Worthy Of The Title Of A God's General? / 10 Types Of People You'll Meet In A Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.