Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

Please Beware Of Mtn Topup Messages Claiming You Have Won 50,000 Naira{airtime} - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Please Beware Of Mtn Topup Messages Claiming You Have Won 50,000 Naira{airtime} (1009 Views)

Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat / Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? / What Is The Full Meaning Of MTN? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Beware Of Mtn Topup Messages Claiming You Have Won 50,000 Naira{airtime} by jeremiahugezu(m): 7:00pm On Dec 24, 2012
This morning I received a message on my mtn line from "TopUp" claiming that I have worn 50,000 naira airtime and my 4digit pin was 3233...in the message I was redirected to this site: www.easymtn.com to claim my award.though I was reluctant I still went on to open the site and to my amzement it seemed so real that I was already convinced..untill I was going through the terms of the award where I was asked to recharge 3000 naira. And the worse part was that I heard to disclose the 3000 naira{1500 times 2}on the site...I started to get the feeling that it might be a spam.. nevertheless I bought the airtime and decided to dial 180,and when I wa asked the reprensatative I was told to ignore it that mtn has no such ongoing top up promos.

So please try not to fall a victim
Re: Please Beware Of Mtn Topup Messages Claiming You Have Won 50,000 Naira{airtime} by Babalegba(m): 3:51pm On Dec 25, 2012
So you nearly fell for such an elementary scam, amazing, no wonder a fisherman is occupying Aso rock.
Re: Please Beware Of Mtn Topup Messages Claiming You Have Won 50,000 Naira{airtime} by luluosas(m): 5:12pm On Dec 25, 2012
jeremiahugezu: This morning I received a message on my mtn line from "TopUp" claiming that I have worn 50,000 naira airtime and my 4digit pin was 3233...in the message I was redirected to this site: www.easymtn.com to claim my award.though I was reluctant I still went on to open the site and to my amzement it seemed so real that I was already convinced..untill I was going through the terms of the award where I was asked to recharge 3000 naira. And the worse part was that I heard to disclose the 3000 naira{1500 times 2}on the site...I started to get the feeling that it might be a spam.. nevertheless I bought the airtime and decided to dial 180,and when I wa asked the reprensatative I was told to ignore it that mtn has no such ongoing top up promos.

So please try not to fall a victim
You were lucking you didn't fall. Meanwhile, common 'sense' ought to tell you that, MTN nor other Telecoms service providers in Nigeria does not send SMS to their subscribers whenever mother luck shines on them. Be vigilant next time.

(1) (Reply)

BIS For Android / GLO Now Charge Lower Bites While Browsing / Problem With Google Playstore And Youtube!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.