Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,745 members, 7,809,842 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

Mandela, Bush And Thatcher Spend Christmas In Hospital - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mandela, Bush And Thatcher Spend Christmas In Hospital (8251 Views)

Protesters Plan To Bombard Thatcher’s Coffin With Eggs, Coal Or Milk / Margaret Thatcher Is Dead / George Bush and His War on Iraq (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mandela, Bush And Thatcher Spend Christmas In Hospital by Alxmyr(m): 5:52am On Dec 25, 2012
Three of the world's most eminent former leaders, George H.W. Bush, Baroness Margaret Thatcher and Nelson Mandela, will spend their Christmas day in different be in hospitals battling on form of illness or the other.

Baroness Margaret Thatcher , 87-year-old former prime minister of United Kingdom is recovering after being operated on three days ago to remove a growth from her bladder after suffering pain.

Mr. Nelson Mandela's doctors confirmed on Monday that he was not fit to leave hospital in Pretoria.

President George H.W. Bush, who has been in a Houston hospital with a lingering cough since November, needs to "build up his energy" before he can be released, doctors said Sunday.

A spokeswoman for Baroness Thatcher said she was "in good spirits" but is not expected to be released from hospital for a few days.

The veteran ex-premier's public appearances have been very restricted over recent years due to continued ill health.

She was unable to join the Queen for a Diamond Jubilee lunch with former and serving prime ministers this summer and missed an 85th birthday party thrown for her at 10 Downing Street.

In October she was sufficiently well, however, to mark her 87th birthday with lunch at a restaurant in London's exclusive St James's district with her son Mark and his wife.

Her health was thrust into the global spotlight this year when Meryl Streep starred in a controversial Hollywood film, The Iron Lady, about her.

The film drew criticism from Prime Minister David Cameron and others for concentrating on the dementia she has suffered after a series of small strokes.

Mr Mandela was admitted to hospital on December 8. He was diagnosed with a lung infection and had a procedure to remove gallstones. Officials have said he is improving and is responding to treatment.

South African president Jacob Zuma said the whole country is behind Mr Mandela and he urged people to keep the former president in their thoughts on Christmas Day and throughout the festive season.

Mr Zuma describes Mr Mandela, who was imprisoned under apartheid for 27 years, as an "ardent fighter".

Methodist Hospital spokesman George Kovacik said in an emailed statement that doctors are still optimistic the 88-year-old Bush will make a full recovery, but are being "extra cautious" with his care. Bush is in stable condition, he said.

Bush was hospitalized Nov. 23 for treatment of a bronchitis-related cough. Hospital officials have said Bush has been receiving physical therapy to increase his strength.

Bush spokesman Jim McGrath said on Thursday Bush could be released in time for Christmas.

However, Kovacik said Sunday a discharge date has not been set, and it remains unclear whether the 41st president will be able to spend the holiday at home. Kovacik said that could be decided Monday, Christmas Eve.

http://believeafrica.net/mandela-bush-and-thatcher-spend-christmas-in-hospital-p233-107.htm
Re: Mandela, Bush And Thatcher Spend Christmas In Hospital by Deivid10(m): 10:04am On Dec 25, 2012
Who send them? 1st to comment joooooooor!

1 Like

Re: Mandela, Bush And Thatcher Spend Christmas In Hospital by 80million1: 10:06am On Dec 25, 2012
*speechless*

Deivid10, please tell me i am 2nd!

Let's break Kolanut!

I wish them

'soonest recover' by Shina Peters!
Re: Mandela, Bush And Thatcher Spend Christmas In Hospital by fowowe411: 10:08am On Dec 25, 2012
I wish dem quick recovery bt notin cncern me o
Re: Mandela, Bush And Thatcher Spend Christmas In Hospital by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 25, 2012
Wish them a speedy recovery!
Re: Mandela, Bush And Thatcher Spend Christmas In Hospital by makelele04(m): 10:11am On Dec 25, 2012
Get well soon @ all
Re: Mandela, Bush And Thatcher Spend Christmas In Hospital by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 25, 2012
embarassed which of dem is in another country hospital? *shame on nigeria* if mandela was 2 be a nigerian by nw we wud hv heard...india,germany,uk or even s/africa hospital

13 Likes

Re: Mandela, Bush And Thatcher Spend Christmas In Hospital by Nobody: 10:16am On Dec 25, 2012
eya!
Re: Mandela, Bush And Thatcher Spend Christmas In Hospital by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 25, 2012
Seun. I think its high-time u start a registration-opened-to-only-18-and-above policy. Or all members be mandated to take an IQ TEST before registering, cus comments been given lately by users here is becoming an eye-sore. Whats this first to comment childishness been exihibited here? Or did i miss out on anything? Are awards now given to members who post comments 1st on a topic?

4 Likes

Re: Mandela, Bush And Thatcher Spend Christmas In Hospital by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 25, 2012
Seun. I think its high-time u start a registration-opened-to-only-18-and-above policy. Or intending members be mandated to take an IQ TEST before registering, cus comments been given lately by users here is becoming an eye-sore. Whats this first to comment childishness been exihibited here? Or did i miss out on anything? Are awards now given to members who post comments 1st on a topic?

5 Likes

Re: Mandela, Bush And Thatcher Spend Christmas In Hospital by 80million1: 10:27am On Dec 25, 2012
dirtymoney: Seun. I think its high-time u start a registration-opened-to-only-18-and-above policy. Or all members be mandated to take an IQ TEST before registering, cus comments been given lately by users here is becoming an eye-sore. Whats this first to comment childishness been exihibited here? Or did i miss out on anything? Are awards now given to members who post comments 1st on a topic?

shut up joor,don't be too uptight, look at the lighter side of life.

Not al of us who take positions on comment are unserious. It's just another way we catch fun.

8 Likes

Re: Mandela, Bush And Thatcher Spend Christmas In Hospital by santuse: 10:29am On Dec 25, 2012
My mother also has to spend xmas at d hospital too,

1 Like

Re: Mandela, Bush And Thatcher Spend Christmas In Hospital by Super1759: 10:30am On Dec 25, 2012
you can't live forever,no matter how famous you are....

1 Like

Re: Mandela, Bush And Thatcher Spend Christmas In Hospital by Chanchit: 10:30am On Dec 25, 2012
What a nice colabo, anyway, Mandela and Thatcher don try, they can excuse us, but I no knw wetin Bush follow dey do for hospital, is he having old age sickness already.
Re: Mandela, Bush And Thatcher Spend Christmas In Hospital by Chanchit: 10:34am On Dec 25, 2012
#80million:

Not al of us who take positions on comment are unserious. It's just another way we catch fun.

U are an imbesu, for catching fun with silly comments.." its just another way we catch fun" hediot..!
Re: Mandela, Bush And Thatcher Spend Christmas In Hospital by IYANGBALI: 10:39am On Dec 25, 2012
Deivid10: 1st to comment joooooooor!
na nl u dey sleep
Re: Mandela, Bush And Thatcher Spend Christmas In Hospital by Nobody: 10:42am On Dec 25, 2012
Ayam on my way to the hospital.Please OP,ADD my name to the list.

2 Likes

Re: Mandela, Bush And Thatcher Spend Christmas In Hospital by IYANGBALI: 10:43am On Dec 25, 2012
#80million:

no mind am,make him sidon there dey take life so serious on NL,him go just die of high blood pressure meanwhile I am the 99th person to comment

1 Like

Re: Mandela, Bush And Thatcher Spend Christmas In Hospital by IYANGBALI: 10:44am On Dec 25, 2012
Kamanda: Ayam on my way to the hospital.Please OP,ADD my name to the list.
I guess your own go be yaba psychiatric home grin
Re: Mandela, Bush And Thatcher Spend Christmas In Hospital by IlCapitano(m): 10:45am On Dec 25, 2012
Chanchit: I no knw wetin Bush follow dey do for hospital, is he having old age sickness already.
No, he isn't. That's Bush snr- George Bush's dad (Herbert) ,president before Clinton. Merry Christmas
Re: Mandela, Bush And Thatcher Spend Christmas In Hospital by IYANGBALI: 10:45am On Dec 25, 2012
Chanchit:

U are an imbesu, for catching fun with silly comments.." its just another way we catch fun" hediot..!
leave the dude alone jo
Re: Mandela, Bush And Thatcher Spend Christmas In Hospital by IYANGBALI: 10:47am On Dec 25, 2012
Cowboy43: embarassed which of dem is in another country hospital? *shame on nigeria* if mandela was 2 be a nigerian by nw we wud hv heard...india,germany,uk or even s/africa hospital
good talk
Re: Mandela, Bush And Thatcher Spend Christmas In Hospital by Nobody: 10:47am On Dec 25, 2012
#80million:

D antics of a market buffon provides comic relief in d market place bt brings eternal shame n sorrow 2 his relatives.

To topic; wishn all quick recovery. 9ja leaders take note dat they are all in hospitals withn d con3 they governd.
#80million:

D antics of a market buffon provides comic relief in d market place bt brings eternal shame n sorrow 2 his relatives.

To topic; wishn all quick recovery. 9ja leaders take note dat they are all in hospitals withn d con3 they governd.
#80million:

1 Like

Re: Mandela, Bush And Thatcher Spend Christmas In Hospital by gbadexy(m): 10:48am On Dec 25, 2012
Dem don try na.
They can't live forever and they are already fulfilled.
Re: Mandela, Bush And Thatcher Spend Christmas In Hospital by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 25, 2012
IYA NGBALI: I guess your own go be yaba psychiatric home grin
. How you take know?.You be Native Doktor Pikin?
Re: Mandela, Bush And Thatcher Spend Christmas In Hospital by Techwriter: 11:53am On Dec 25, 2012
You should have titled it "leaders who spent their christmas in their country hospitals" otherwise u shd add Gov. Chime Sullivan, Gov Suntai of Taraba, fmr Gov of Cross River what's his name again? Although all na Sahara amebo we hear am. I no follow cheesy

1 Like

Re: Mandela, Bush And Thatcher Spend Christmas In Hospital by 80million1: 12:26pm On Dec 25, 2012
Chanchit:

whoever u are,u re a ret.ard,a nitw.it. U r a fo.ol. May amadioha fire ur left yansh.

Mr Hulk Hogan,na u be Nairaland defender. Dey there,be uptight and die of hypertension.
Were,oloshi,oloriburuku. I dey talk,and u jst gatecrash. U lack online etiquettes.
Well tday is Xmas,so i won't be pissed. I can bet u r below 8yrs old.

Mery Xmas, kid.
Re: Mandela, Bush And Thatcher Spend Christmas In Hospital by Mustay(m): 12:27pm On Dec 25, 2012
If Mandela were a Nigerian, some people will even remind us that he was the former president, he deserves the best bla bla bla even when our public hospitals are in a sorry case. They'd find different excuses for capital flight. This is not even condemning travelling for medical treatment but failure to implement the things you've seen abroad, then copy and paste here seem to be a success to them.

By the way, the Mandela frenzy baffles me. It just appears some people are in a haste to see the 94 year old die before his time!!! Smh
Re: Mandela, Bush And Thatcher Spend Christmas In Hospital by 80million1: 12:30pm On Dec 25, 2012
utumunta:

tani were yi?
Are u a stammerer?
Check ur folly,PLEASE count d number of times u repeated urself,and go bow down ur head in shame.
Mumu Moooron.
Re: Mandela, Bush And Thatcher Spend Christmas In Hospital by obi123: 1:14pm On Dec 25, 2012
santuse: My mother also has to spend xmas at d hospital too,

hope she gets better soon

1 Like

Re: Mandela, Bush And Thatcher Spend Christmas In Hospital by naxxoxo(m): 1:29pm On Dec 25, 2012
Its seems the mods of nairaland do enjoy this trolling. This is becoming unacceptable to me as a user on this site. Seun please do something!!!!!
Re: Mandela, Bush And Thatcher Spend Christmas In Hospital by kaeto(m): 1:45pm On Dec 25, 2012
Kamanda: Ayam on my way to the hospital.Please OP,ADD my name to the list.
the following world renown leaders are to spend xmas at the hospital; Magaret tatcher, Nelson mandela, George bush snr. and just lately Kamanda of NL . I hope we can have some peace now?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Desmond Tutu: Bush & Blair Should Face Trial At The Hague / Mercenaries In Libya Captured And Beaten By A Mob!--video / Aftermath Of Donald Trump's Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.